₦airaland Forum

Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 2,186,136 members, 4,766,841 topics. Date: Monday, 18 February 2019 at 01:13 PM

Allahu Akbar Has Now Joined My List Of Known Spoken Tongues. Should I Be Afraid? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Allahu Akbar Has Now Joined My List Of Known Spoken Tongues. Should I Be Afraid? (529 Views)

Do People Who Speak In Tongues Fake It Or Understand It? / Daddy Freeze: "Speaking In Tongues In Nigerian Churches Is Fake” / Interpretation Of Tongues Spoken In "Way Maker" By Sinach (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Allahu Akbar Has Now Joined My List Of Known Spoken Tongues. Should I Be Afraid? by jesusjnr(m): 9:06am On Feb 10
Nah!!!

That's certainly not me, for I don't roll like many church folks who allow religious sentiments and such unfounded preconceptions to becloud their judgments.

For "Allahu Akbar" is an Arabic saying that actually translates to "God is the greatest" in English, and so if the Spirit of God gives me the utterance to say "God is the greatest" in the Arabic language, It's well obvious to me that it's not something I should be concerned about, because it clearly corresponds with what was said to have transpired on the day of Pentecost:

Acts 2:1-12 (KJV)

And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place.
And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting.
And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them.
And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.
And there were dwelling at Jerusalem Jews, devout men, out of every nation under heaven.
Now when this was noised abroad, the multitude came together, and were confounded, because that every man heard them speak in his own language.
And they were all amazed and marvelled, saying one to another, Behold, are not all these which speak Galilaeans?
And how hear we every man in our own tongue, wherein we were born?
Parthians, and Medes, and Elamites, and the dwellers in Mesopotamia, and in Judaea, and Cappadocia, in Pontus, and Asia,
Phrygia, and Pamphylia, in Egypt, and in the parts of Libya about Cyrene, and strangers of Rome, Jews and proselytes,
Cretes and Arabians, we do hear them speak in our tongues the wonderful works of God.
And they were all amazed, and were in doubt, saying one to another, What meaneth this?

So as you can clearly see with respect to the emboldened, the Arabians were clearly represented there, and were amongst all those who heard the true disciples of Jesus speak in their own native tongues the wonderful works of God, while they spake in tongues with the utterances of the Holy Spirit.

So do not be surprised to find out that there may have also been some shouts of Allahu Akbar(God is the greatest)somewhere in there, being yelled out by some of the true Jesus disciples as the Spirit of God gave them utterance.

So if what was said to have taken place on the day of Pentecost was anything to go by, then the most recent addition of Allahu Akbar to my ever growing list of known spoken tongues via the utterance of the Holy Spirit(the last being Hallelujah) means that there's absolutely nothing to be worried about, but on the contrary everything to be cheerful about, as it is yet another sign that that standard of that church is well and truly on its way back.

On the other hand it also gives credence to my belief that Allah is (my) God, and that Mohammed is one of his true prophets, which has been my view for quite a while now(over ten years ago) since as a result of my high level of walk with God, i couldn't reduce His sacrificial efforts with respect to His only begotten Son Jesus, who He gave to save mankind from their sins, to the level of mere religious sentiments and such unfounded preconceptions usually associated with today's church folks.

For i instead went to God and asked Him what His plans were for those of the Islamic faith, and if Mohammed was truly His prophet.

For I believed He also had them in mind when He gave His only Begotten Son for the world, hence i asked how He intended to get His message across to them, because owing to the extent of violence associated with those of the said faith, that if someone tried to bring to them the knowledge of that Truth, that they would just finish the person off.

So it was there and then that God revealed to me that Mohammed was truly one of His prophet, and hence that Islam was actually His own creation.

Continue reading below
Re: Allahu Akbar Has Now Joined My List Of Known Spoken Tongues. Should I Be Afraid? by jesusjnr(m): 9:07am On Feb 10
And it was that knowledge that inspired my conscious efforts to research on the history of the faith and Mohammed, and my consequent findings were so shocking, that it made me wonder if those of the church also knew what I had just discovered about Mohammed and Islam, and yet held such negative views about him and consequently the faith, as it was clearly in absolute agreement with that which God had told me about it.

Therefore it was that glaring to me and beyond the shadow of any doubt, to the extent that had I had the benefit of that knowledge beforehand, it would have been needless to even go and bother Him in the first place to find out if Mohammed was truly His prophet.

For I got to see that prophet Mohammed was actually to Ishmael(the descendants of Abraham's first son), what Moses was to Israel(the descendants of Abraham's second son), for God had also promised to make of Ishmael a great nation, just He intended to do with Isaac who was the covenant child, as it was said:

Genesis 17:20

And as for Ishmael, I have heard thee: Behold, I have blessed him, and will make him fruitful, and will multiply him exceedingly; twelve princes shall he beget, and I will make him a great nation.

So God was going to also make of Ismael a great nation with twelve princes just as it was in the instance of Israel, which showed that despite that Ishmael wasn't the covenant child via which God was going to accomplish His promise(produce the Messiah, Christ) to Abraham, for God had chosen Isaac for this purpose, God had shown via that saying that He also had plans for Ishmael, and the nation that He was going to make of him, because He was also a child of Abraham.

So it was that great nation of twelve princes(Gen 25:12-16) that God had said that He would make of Ishmael, who himself was a partaker of God's covenant with Abraham(Gen 27:23-26), that God had sent Mohammed to at a point when they had forsaken the God of their ancestors, just as He did in the instance of Moses with respect to Israel, so that they would return to Him, the God of their father Ishmael(Gen 21:17-20), who was also a son of Abraham.

Therefore although the task given to both prophets to either nations was in the different eras, it was virtually the same.

So this explains the extent of similarities between the two faiths, Judaism and Islam, as they both have too much in common to be a coincidence.

For first you have a Mohammed and then Moses, then one was sent to Ishmael and the other to Israel, with the two great nations named by God Himself.(Gen16:11, 32:28)

And then there is the long list of human characters who feature in both faiths, which includes, Adam, Eve, Abel, Enoch, Noah, Terah, Abraham, Ishmael, Isaac, Jacob, Joseph, Moses, David, Elijah, and Elisha.

And there's also other spiritual characters apart from God that also have been observed to also feature in both Islam and Judaism, such as Angel Gabriel, Angel Micheal, and Satan.

And when the extent of disparity between the time of the emergence of both faiths is put into consideration, added to the fact that Mohammed who was responsible for providing all those characters in Islam that also featured in Judaism was a stark illiterate, also added to the fact there's no other faiths in the world that also features the same spiritual and human characters apart from Christianity, which itself is a derivative of Judaism, then there's no way that such could have been made possible by anyone else but God.

But that's not all for there are also the similarities in standards, laws, practices, and observations and characteristics of both faiths, but that shouldn't come as a surprise as Moses who God used to bring about Judaism, and gave the torah that governs the faith is said to have also been the most mentioned individual, and the prophet whose life was most narrated and recounted more than any other prophet in the Koran, that God also gave to Mohammed, which itself governs the Islamic faith.

Hence the similarities as follows:

1. The belief that there's just one God, and no other god beside Him.

2. The belief that God is the Creator of the universe.

3. The obligation of facing the direction of the most holy site of one's faith during prayer.

4. Observing the ground of prayer sites, as holy grounds and consequently taking off shoes, and being barefooted when praying and before entering such places of prayer and grounds considered to be holy. (Similar to what Moses had done in obedience of the instruction that God had given to Moses - likely via angel Gabriel - when He first appeared to him in the burning bush that wasn't consumed, when He told him to take off his shoes that he was standing on holy ground.Ex 1:1-5).

5. Purifying of body with water for spiritual cleansing and purposes.

6. Circling of most holy site seven times in the anticlockwise direction.

7. Circumcision of every male child as sacrosanct.

8. The requirement that one prostrates m before God in worship

9. The obligation to offer certain animals as sacrifice.

10. The act of adultery being punishable by death by stoning.

11. The obligation of pilgrimage to the holy city of one's faith at least once a year.

12. Belief that a day starts from nightfall and ends by nightfall.

13. The characteristic of violence

14. This is the point where we get to say that the similarities between Islam and Judaism are too numerous to mention. For it may require a full book to contain all of them.

Continue reading below
Re: Allahu Akbar Has Now Joined My List Of Known Spoken Tongues. Should I Be Afraid? by jesusjnr(m): 9:09am On Feb 10
Hence all those of the church who believe that the God of Islam is not that of Christianity, perhaps citing the violence that is associated with those of the faith etc., as a justification for such a view, are also saying that same thing about the God of Judaism, for just about that same extent of violence is also associated with those of the Judaic faith.

Therefore the extent of what they have in common as such makes it easier to pass through the eye of the camel, than to easily denounce any one of the two faiths and approve of the other, or to approve of the God of one disapprove of the God of the other, without contradicting one's self.

For though there's the rare instance of dissimilarity with respect to the names given to the same God by the those of two faiths(which is actually one in a sense), where He's called Allah in Islam, and Jehovah in Judaism, it only has to do with the difference in the language of origin of either faith.

For even Arab Christians call God, "Allah" in their own native tongue which is Arabic.

Hence Allah is also my God, just as Jehovah is my God, for "God" itself is not even the word for the Creator in my own native tongue, but only gotten from a borrowed language(English), just as in the instance of Allah(Arabic) and also Jehovah(Hebrew).

So if I can confidently use the word God to call the Creator, then it shouldn't be a problem, also calling the Creator, Allah because both are from borrowed languages.

Therefore just as i can say "God is the greatest" without any concern, It shouldn't be the otherwise when I say "Allahu Akbar", for both actually mean the same thing.

And this truth is what has been confirmed by my spoken tongues of "Allahu Akbar" via the utterance of the Spirit of God.

And moreover, with respect to the practice of Muslims prostrating while they pronounce those very words during their worship of the Creator, even something a lot of church folks find ridiculous and hence deserving of mockery, what culminated in my speaking In tongues to this extent, first started as a immense feeling of the presence of God that often throws or brings my physical body down completely to the floor.

And there's this forceful downward pull my knee usually experiences towards the ground, which I couldn't understand at first, but at a point I was able to see that it culminated in my going down on full prostrate before God, even exactly as it is seen with those of the Islamic faith when they observe the worship of the Creator, they call Allah.

And though once, out of curiosity, i asked God what was going on with my knees, that it's almost always being dragged to the floor, His response was "how do you expect to stand in My Presence?"

And so that's the answer as to why whenever the presence of God hits a place where the children of men are, they are usually observed to be swept off their feet unto the floor by it, for that's the position they are meant to be in His presence.

So this is in agreement with the practice in Islam of prostrating before God in worship, for it's in tandem with what's also obtainable in Judaism even with all its prophets and righteous men.

And also with Jesus the founder of that church which was at the beginning, for Jesus the only begotten Son of God was said to have fallen on His face before His Father and God, when praying to Him(Matt 26:39).

And this practice also extends beyond the physical world, for even in the spirit world and in heaven where God's throne is, the twenty four elders were said to have fallen on their faces in worship before God(Rev 11:16).

So for me even long before I began to feel this extent of the presence of God in my physical body(for close to a decade), I was already prostrating before my Creator as the Muslims do, a times for hours that I even began to observe a slight dent on my forehead.

So when the presence of God eventually came strongly, it wasn't unusual for me to hit the floor for I had already grown accustomed to it and made it my home prior to that, but the only unusual thing was that this time it was not by my own power but by the power of Spirit of God.

So it was also by the power the same Spirit which forces me to prostrate on the floor before God, that I had also received the utterance of Allahu Akbar in my spoken tongues, thereby confirming my already long held belief concerning Allah, that He is indeed my God.

And although a special thread was intended to be devoted to the revelation of my views as such concerning Islam, with another separate one devoted to speaking in tongues, in other to draw attention to my correction of the mistake of Paul's teaching, that speaking in tongues implied speaking in unknown tongues.

But the Holy Spirit my Helper who knew better had come and made it possible for me to be able to kill the proverbial two birds with one stone.

Hence I want appreciate Him for this wonderful work that He has done in my life, and for giving me the ability that He gave to those of the first church on the day of Pentecost, even the ability to also speak in tongues which men could also be able to hear and understand.

And this further strengthens my belief that church as it was at the beginning was already loading.....................

And the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

https://www.nairaland.com/4808209/many-mistakes-apostle-pauls-teachings/4#75583233

https://www.nairaland.com/4872217/99-tongues-spoken-church-fake
Re: Allahu Akbar Has Now Joined My List Of Known Spoken Tongues. Should I Be Afraid? by chiefolododo(m): 9:21am On Feb 10
I disagree with you,
Re: Allahu Akbar Has Now Joined My List Of Known Spoken Tongues. Should I Be Afraid? by jesusjnr(m): 9:50am On Feb 10
chiefolododo:
I disagree with you,
On what exactly?
Re: Allahu Akbar Has Now Joined My List Of Known Spoken Tongues. Should I Be Afraid? by jesusjnr(m): 1:42pm On Feb 10
God is truly the greatest!
Re: Allahu Akbar Has Now Joined My List Of Known Spoken Tongues. Should I Be Afraid? by jesusjnr(m): 5:37pm On Feb 10
Allahu Akbar!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Allahu Akbar Has Now Joined My List Of Known Spoken Tongues. Should I Be Afraid? by budaatum: 7:14pm On Feb 10
jesusjnr:
Allahu Akbar!
In Jesus mighty name!
Re: Allahu Akbar Has Now Joined My List Of Known Spoken Tongues. Should I Be Afraid? by jesusjnr(m): 8:34am On Feb 11
Please I need other translations of God is great from other languages
Re: Allahu Akbar Has Now Joined My List Of Known Spoken Tongues. Should I Be Afraid? by jesusjnr(m): 1:24pm On Feb 11
budaatum:

In Jesus mighty name!
Hi buda, the first atheist to spot me here, but has yet refused to let go of her atheistic faith, please can you help me with the translation for God is the greatest in your native tongue?

p.s. I hope I got it right with the her part, for I'd always thought I was conversing with a male, but certain recent discoveries had led me to think the otherwise. If so I hope I've not used the wrong gender in references to you in the past, because of my such previous thoughts. So please confirm to me if i'm correct or not, as mine is not hidden to you. thanks
Re: Allahu Akbar Has Now Joined My List Of Known Spoken Tongues. Should I Be Afraid? by budaatum: 7:04pm On Feb 11
jesusjnr:
Hi buda, the first atheist to spot me here, but has yet refused to let go of her atheistic faith, please can you help me with the translation for God is the greatest in your native tongue?

p.s. I hope I got it right with the her part, for I'd always thought I was conversing with a male, but certain recent discoveries had led me to think the otherwise. If so I hope I've not used the wrong gender in references to you in the past, because of my such previous thoughts. So please confirm to me if i'm correct or not, as mine is not hidden to you. thanks

God is the greatest in Yoruba is "Olorun lo tobi julo", but as in English, it implies a greatness that is greater than that of all other great gods, and I see an error in that thought!

Many have tried way before you to determine the gender of buda, jesus, but are yet to succeed, and you strut around with your bits on display does not mean buda has to copy you too. Perhaps we should run a sweepstake on it, winner takes all?

1 Like

Re: Allahu Akbar Has Now Joined My List Of Known Spoken Tongues. Should I Be Afraid? by jesusjnr(m): 8:01pm On Feb 11
budaatum:

God is the greatest in Yoruba is "Olorun lo tobi julo", but as in English, it implies a greatness that is greater than that of all other great gods, and I see an error in that thought!

Many have tried way before you to determine the gender of buda, jesus, but are yet to succeed, and you strut around with your bits on display does not mean buda has to copy you too. Perhaps we should run a sweepstake on it, winner takes all?
Thanks buda for at least answering one of my questions, i'm going to use it after confirmation in probably my next post as I try to say God is the greatest in as many languages as possible.

Good luck on your efforts regarding the opening of Buda's church.

""Olorun lo tobi julo""

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Allahu Akbar Has Now Joined My List Of Known Spoken Tongues. Should I Be Afraid? by jesusjnr(m): 9:25am On Feb 12
"Olorun lo tobi julo"
Re: Allahu Akbar Has Now Joined My List Of Known Spoken Tongues. Should I Be Afraid? by jesusjnr(m): 7:24pm On Feb 12
God is the greatest!
Re: Allahu Akbar Has Now Joined My List Of Known Spoken Tongues. Should I Be Afraid? by budaatum: 7:30pm On Feb 12
jesusjnr:
Olorun Ni Awọn Ti O Tobi.
"Gods are those who are great"

What's your language?
Re: Allahu Akbar Has Now Joined My List Of Known Spoken Tongues. Should I Be Afraid? by jesusjnr(m): 7:35pm On Feb 12
budaatum:
"Gods are those who are great"

What's your language?
seriously?
Re: Allahu Akbar Has Now Joined My List Of Known Spoken Tongues. Should I Be Afraid? by budaatum: 7:37pm On Feb 12
jesusjnr:
seriously?
That's "seriously" the meaning of what you wrote jesus.
Re: Allahu Akbar Has Now Joined My List Of Known Spoken Tongues. Should I Be Afraid? by jesusjnr(m): 7:38pm On Feb 12
budaatum:

Don't worry I would change it asap.

Google things!
Re: Allahu Akbar Has Now Joined My List Of Known Spoken Tongues. Should I Be Afraid? by jesusjnr(m): 7:46pm On Feb 12
budaatum:

This is on you oh!

Mine is delta ibo but please don't even ask me any further questions like what is "God is the greatest" in my language, because I don't want to say what I'm not sure about.
Re: Allahu Akbar Has Now Joined My List Of Known Spoken Tongues. Should I Be Afraid? by jcross19: 7:46pm On Feb 12
jesusjnr:
Nah!!!

That's certainly not me, for I don't roll like many church folks who allow religious sentiments and such unfounded preconceptions to becloud their judgments.

For "Allahu Akbar" is an Arabic saying that actually translates to "God is the greatest" in English, and so if the Spirit of God gives me the utterance to say "God is the greatest" in the Arabic language, It's well obvious to me that it's not something I should be concerned about, because it clearly corresponds with what was said to have transpired on the day of Pentecost:

Acts 2:1-12 (KJV)

And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place.
And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting.
And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them.
And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.
And there were dwelling at Jerusalem Jews, devout men, out of every nation under heaven.
Now when this was noised abroad, the multitude came together, and were confounded, because that every man heard them speak in his own language.
And they were all amazed and marvelled, saying one to another, Behold, are not all these which speak Galilaeans?
And how hear we every man in our own tongue, wherein we were born?
Parthians, and Medes, and Elamites, and the dwellers in Mesopotamia, and in Judaea, and Cappadocia, in Pontus, and Asia,
Phrygia, and Pamphylia, in Egypt, and in the parts of Libya about Cyrene, and strangers of Rome, Jews and proselytes,
Cretes and Arabians, we do hear them speak in our tongues the wonderful works of God.
And they were all amazed, and were in doubt, saying one to another, What meaneth this?

So as you can clearly see with respect to the emboldened, the Arabians were clearly represented there, and were amongst all those who heard the true disciples of Jesus speak in their own native tongues the wonderful works of God, while they spake in tongues with the utterances of the Holy Spirit.

So do not be surprised to find out that there may have also been some shouts of Allahu Akbar(God is the greatest)somewhere in there, being yelled out by some of the true Jesus disciples as the Spirit of God gave them utterance.

So if what was said to have taken place on the day of Pentecost was anything to go by, then the most recent addition of Allahu Akbar to my ever growing list of known spoken tongues via the utterance of the Holy Spirit(the last being Hallelujah) means that there's absolutely nothing to be worried about, but on the contrary everything to be cheerful about, as it is yet another sign that that standard of that church is well and truly on its way back.

On the other hand it also gives credence to my belief that Allah is (my) God, and that Mohammed is one of his true prophets, which has been my view for quite a while now(over ten years ago) since as a result of my high level of walk with God, i couldn't reduce His sacrificial efforts with respect to His only begotten Son Jesus, who He gave to save mankind from their sins, to the level of mere religious sentiments and such unfounded preconceptions usually associated with today's church folks.

For i instead went to God and asked Him what His plans were for those of the Islamic faith, and if Mohammed was truly His prophet.

For I believed He also had them in mind when He gave His only Begotten Son for the world, hence i asked how He intended to get His message across to them, because owing to the extent of violence associated with those of the said faith, that if someone tried to bring to them the knowledge of that Truth, that they would just finish the person off.

So it was there and then that God revealed to me that Mohammed was truly one of His prophet, and hence that Islam was actually His own creation.

Continue reading below
it means that you are the one forming the tongue and it shows that you utterance is a fraud.

1 Like

Re: Allahu Akbar Has Now Joined My List Of Known Spoken Tongues. Should I Be Afraid? by jesusjnr(m): 7:50pm On Feb 12
jcross19:
it means that you are the one forming the tongue and it shows that you utterance is a fraud.
Thank you for consequently endorsing my spoken tongues, I am so highly honored. cheesy
Re: Allahu Akbar Has Now Joined My List Of Known Spoken Tongues. Should I Be Afraid? by budaatum: 8:08pm On Feb 12
jesusjnr:
This is on you oh!

Mine is delta ibo but please don't even ask me any further questions like what is "God is the greatest" in my language, because I don't want to say what I'm not sure about.
Yeah, don't take responsibility for you error, just blame buda!

In my language, we say, Olorun Tobi which directly translates God is Big, but it means "God is Great".

We overarched one big greater God over all our other gods so they became ungods leaving One Everlasting Almighty God above all.
Re: Allahu Akbar Has Now Joined My List Of Known Spoken Tongues. Should I Be Afraid? by jesusjnr(m): 8:25pm On Feb 12
budaatum:

Yeah, don't take responsibility for you error, just blame buda!

In my language, we say, Olorun Tobi which directly translates God is Big, but it means "God is Great".

We overarched one big greater God over all our other gods so they became ungods leaving One Everlasting Almighty God above all.
My error is fully mine, and thanks for bailing me out.

But i was just saying i was going to stick with your own definition, so it's all on you oh.

1 Like

Re: Allahu Akbar Has Now Joined My List Of Known Spoken Tongues. Should I Be Afraid? by jesusjnr(m): 8:54am On Feb 13
I wish a little child could help me translate "God is the greatest" in their own language.
Re: Allahu Akbar Has Now Joined My List Of Known Spoken Tongues. Should I Be Afraid? by amyblessed(f): 11:03am On Feb 14
My dear friend, I have been in agreement with you all these while, but I beg to defer in this based on what the bible said.
John 3:16 says; "For God so loved the world, that He gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life".
He said whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, not whosoever believeth in Him or in Mohammed.
John 3:18 also says "He that believeth on Him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God".
He did not say if you don't believe in the name of the only begotten Son of God, but you believe in Mohammed, then you are not condemned.
What of the Bible passage that says;
"Neither is there salvation in any other, for there's no other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved" (Acts 4:12)
Also look at John 14:6 "Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me".
Muslims don't believe in Jesus, they believe in Mohammed. Since Jesus said that there's no other name under heaven given among men whereby we must be saved, and also said He's the way, (not just one of the ways, note the definite article 'the'), the truth and the life, and no man can come to the Father except through Him, how are they going to be saved or come to the Father believing and following Mohammed instead of Jesus? Or could Jesus be lying or exaggerating when He said those words? Certainly not, that is the truth. If there are two ways to get to the father, he could have told us that we either go through Him or go through Mohammed, but he did not give us any other option apart from Himself. So how did you come about this your write up?
This new found doctrine of yours is not the Bible please, if you believe one can get to God either through Jesus or through Mohammed, then check yourself whether you are still preaching what is in the Bible or you have created another Bible.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Allahu Akbar Has Now Joined My List Of Known Spoken Tongues. Should I Be Afraid? by jesusjnr(m): 11:10am On Feb 14
amyblessed:
My dear friend, I have been in agreement with you all these while, but I beg to defer in this based on what the bible said.
John 3:16 says; "For God so loved the world, that He gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life".
He said whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, not whosoever believeth in Him or in Mohammed.
John 3:18 also says "He that believeth on Him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God".
He did not say if you don't believe in the name of the only begotten Son of God, but you believe in Mohammed, then you are not condemned.
What of the Bible passage that says;
"Neither is there salvation in any other, for there's no other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved" (Acts 4:12)
Also look at John 14:6 "Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me".
Muslims don't believe in Jesus, they believe in Mohammed. Since Jesus said that there's no other name under heaven given among men whereby we must be saved, and also said He's the way, (not just one of the ways, note the definite article 'the'), the truth and the life, and no man can come to the Father except through Him, how are they going to be saved or come to the Father believing and following Mohammed instead of Jesus? Or could Jesus be lying or exaggerating when He said those words? Certainly not, that is the truth. If there are two ways to get to the father, he could have told us that we either go through Him or go through Mohammed, but he did not give us any other option apart from Himself. So how did you come about this your write up?
This new found doctrine of yours is not the Bible please, if you believe one can get to God either through Jesus or through Mohammed, then check yourself whether you are still preaching what is in the Bible or you have created another Bible.

So what about Israel?
Re: Allahu Akbar Has Now Joined My List Of Known Spoken Tongues. Should I Be Afraid? by amyblessed(f): 11:16am On Feb 14
jesusjnr:
So what about Israel?
'What about Isreal' How do you mean?
Re: Allahu Akbar Has Now Joined My List Of Known Spoken Tongues. Should I Be Afraid? by jesusjnr(m): 11:23am On Feb 14
amyblessed:

'What about Isreal' How do you mean?
How did they get to God and all those that walked with God before the coming of Jesus?
Re: Allahu Akbar Has Now Joined My List Of Known Spoken Tongues. Should I Be Afraid? by amyblessed(f): 11:45am On Feb 14
jesusjnr:
How did they get to God and all those that walked with God before the coming of Jesus?

What do you mean by how did they get to God? God has been dealing with them right from their Father Abraham before Moses came. You cannot equate Moses and Mohammed like you did in your original post, to the effect that Moses is to the Isrealites what Mohammed is to the Muslims. The only duty of Moses was to lead them to the promised land. Moses was never their Messiah. Through out the Bible, many prophets prophesied about the coming Messiah (Jesus) who will be born to redeem them from sin and bring them back to God, not just them, but the whole world. And the Bible has said it that anyone who doesnt believe in that Messiah will not be saved, even the Jews who dont believe in Him, because He's the only WAY. So I dont see the point of your question.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Allahu Akbar Has Now Joined My List Of Known Spoken Tongues. Should I Be Afraid? by jesusjnr(m): 12:02pm On Feb 14
amyblessed:

What do you mean by how did they get to God? God has been dealing with them right from their Father Abraham before Moses came. You cannot equate Moses and Mohammed like you did in your original post, to the effect that Moses is to the Isrealites what Mohammed is to the Muslims. The only duty of Moses was to lead them to the promised land. Moses was never their Messiah. Through out the Bible, many prophets prophesied about the coming Messiah (Jesus) who will be born to redeem them from sin and bring them back to God, not just them, but the whole world. And the Bible has said it that anyone who doesnt believe in that Messiah will not be saved, even the Jews who dont believe in Him, because He's the only WAY. So I dont see the point of your question.
So if Moses was meant to lead them to the promise land as you say, then you're saying that Moses failed in his purpose?

Because Moses didn't lead the people of Israel to the promise land.
Re: Allahu Akbar Has Now Joined My List Of Known Spoken Tongues. Should I Be Afraid? by amyblessed(f): 1:08pm On Feb 14
jesusjnr:
So if Moses was meant to lead them to the promise land as you say, then you're saying that Moses failed in his purpose?

Because Moses didn't lead the people of Israel to the promise land.

I'm so sorry bro, I always thought I was conversing with a true believer that knows and believes the Bible, but I can see I was wrong in my assumption. Didnt you know why he could not lead them to the promised land? Are you a Bible believer or a Muslim, because I'm getting confused concerning your faith.
Moses sinned against God, though he repented of it, and God forgave him, but He told him he wont enter the promised land, and God ordained his deputy Joshua who later led the children of Isreal to the promised land.
Please stop arguing blindly because it wont do you any good and it wont change the Bible either.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Grudgingly Committed To The Religious Life? / S The Thing That Satisfiesi / When You Want To Stay In Touch With Members Of Your Fellowship, Think BBN SMS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (0) (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2019 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 283
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.