Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,201 members, 7,818,670 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:30 PM

How I Left FRSC Officials Dumbfounded: My Encounter - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How I Left FRSC Officials Dumbfounded: My Encounter (553 Views)

FRSC Officials Beat Up Soldiers For Invading Their Office (Pictures/Video) / FRSC Officials Beg In Anambra As Angry Mob Beats Them After Motor Accident / Driver Strips Unclad After FRSC Officials Seized His Car(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Left FRSC Officials Dumbfounded: My Encounter by Formidable1: 6:55am On Feb 11, 2019
On my way from Benin to Anambra along Agbor-Asaba highway yesterday, I was flagged down by the FRSC. The official asked me for my driver's license, car documents, fire extinguisher and caution sign. I provided all of these in tact. Then the official checked my tyres and said to me "your tyres have expired!"

I replied him, "I don't believe expired tyres are part of the road traffic offences. I'm a lawyer and you cannot charge me for something that is not a written offence."

He looked at me with his eyes wide alert and said, "ehh! Is that so? Let's find out. You think you know more than I do? I'll show u that driving with expired tyres is among the 36 offences in the Offences list...and if it's there, just get ready to see."

I insisted, "as far as I know you can only charge me for driving with worn out tyres or driving without a spare tyre, so go ahead and prove it to me!"

He went ahead with my documents to his superior and was murmuring to him that "the guy say him be lawyer and him dey argue with me say..."

I didn't get the rest of the quiet talks, and meanwhile I've already scrolled up the FRSC Offences and Penalties Sheet from their website, ready for them. In less than 2 minutes, the superior approached me, just handed my documents to me and started walking away. I asked him what happened and he said "oga, you can go pls!"

I couldn't contain the laughter in my heart. The almighty and stubborn FRSC! I've left them dumbfounded. They've met their match today. grin cheesy

So, my dear people...its important to know some of your rights and laws, it needn't take a lawyer to do that. It could take a simple Googling to do that! I'll share the FRSC Offences website link here so you can know the offences and the amount for each of them. Don't be exploited by anyone!! Good day.

https://frsc.gov.ng/offences-penalties-2/

2 Likes

Re: How I Left FRSC Officials Dumbfounded: My Encounter by Yambee: 7:01am On Feb 11, 2019
If to say them carry guns.

No be all this one, you for humble.
Re: How I Left FRSC Officials Dumbfounded: My Encounter by daddytime(m): 7:10am On Feb 11, 2019
Nice one...educative and sanctioned for the fp

1 Like

Re: How I Left FRSC Officials Dumbfounded: My Encounter by ITbomb(m): 7:10am On Feb 11, 2019
When Army stop you to check your trafficator light, you come tell them say no be their work, say you be lawyer
Re: How I Left FRSC Officials Dumbfounded: My Encounter by Formidable1: 7:10am On Feb 11, 2019
Yambee:

Na so you dey fear reach? You pee your pants at the sight of guns? Heiya! tongue grin
Re: How I Left FRSC Officials Dumbfounded: My Encounter by fagbohun4j(m): 7:15am On Feb 11, 2019
That's how one stopped me along ilesha express few years ago, he asked for all my docs, I showed him, checked my c-caution and later my fire extinguisher..... Gu3ss what he said "this your extinguisher don expire and it is not the recommended fire extinguisher" I answered telling him my fire extinguisher will expire by the end of buhari's first tenure and I will like to see a picture of the recommended fire extinguisher for a car. He was just looking at me. Naso I shouted at him to give me my license if he no want problem. He gave it to me and I zoomed off. Once you know your right and have the necessary things, you will always win them

1 Like

Re: How I Left FRSC Officials Dumbfounded: My Encounter by Formidable1: 7:15am On Feb 11, 2019
ITbomb:
When Army stop you to check your trafficator light, you come tell them say no be their work, say you be lawyer

Nothing wrong with checking, bro...everything wrong with charging or detaining me for that. Stop feeling intimidated, my people!
Re: How I Left FRSC Officials Dumbfounded: My Encounter by ArcFresky(m): 7:17am On Feb 11, 2019
Yambee:

And so?
Something must kill man, but it doesn't have to be a gun, once you are cool, right and insistent

1 Like

Re: How I Left FRSC Officials Dumbfounded: My Encounter by Hector09(m): 7:27am On Feb 11, 2019
Many nigerians are ignorant of all these stuffs that d fact
Re: How I Left FRSC Officials Dumbfounded: My Encounter by GOFRONT(m): 7:28am On Feb 11, 2019
Uniform men in naija can over do!!!
Re: How I Left FRSC Officials Dumbfounded: My Encounter by Nonso92(m): 7:35am On Feb 11, 2019
Know your RIGHTS, so you don't get LEFT out.
Re: How I Left FRSC Officials Dumbfounded: My Encounter by kponkedenge(m): 11:05am On Feb 11, 2019
I remember how they stopped me on that same road and delayed me for over two hours for nothing before letting me go about a year ago.
Re: How I Left FRSC Officials Dumbfounded: My Encounter by faithfull18(f): 2:12pm On Feb 11, 2019
grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Valentine Trends Have Made Me Do So Many Things-girl Confesses As The Strip Her / Lady Almost Lost $9,000 To Scammers (conversation Video) / Neighbors Arrested After Shooting One Another To Test Bulletproof Vests

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.