Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,719 members, 7,820,504 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:04 PM

2019 Election: New Rules About Voting You Should Know - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2019 Election: New Rules About Voting You Should Know (557 Views)

Dogara Raises Alarm Over 2019 Election / Don't Run Against Me In 2019 Election, Buhari Begs Nigerian Youths / See What Buhari Is Taking With Him To Daura If He Loses 2019 Election - Adeyanju (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2019 Election: New Rules About Voting You Should Know by Nobody: 8:37am On Feb 11, 2019
In the past, after accreditation of voters, they have to wait for hours before they can vote but thanks to new INEC rules, immediately after you are accredited, you vote immediately and go. In the past, most people who are accredited don't vote because they may go to work or businesses and don't vote eventually.

In order not to invalidate your votes, you must not use your thumb (if it is big) but your index finger (the finger after your thumb). The box beside logos of Political Parties where you are to thumbprint in ballot papers is smaller and as such, any thumb print that touches the line is an invalid vote.

Again, when you want to dip your fingers in the indelible ink, just touch it enough to thumb print (No use big eye pack am). This is because if the ink touches outside the box you thumb printed, or any other part of the ballot paper, your vote is invalid. Wipe off any excess ink with handkerchief, rub it on your hair or any other place and not on the ballot paper.

Remember, After voting, leave the voting area. Don't sell your votes.

Below is a sample of how you should thumb print (note that the ink doesn't touch the lines).

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2019 Election: New Rules About Voting You Should Know by landmark86: 8:42am On Feb 11, 2019
Election Buhari has already won
Re: 2019 Election: New Rules About Voting You Should Know by Nobody: 8:51am On Feb 11, 2019
landmark86:
Election Buhari has already won

Saturday is not far again. I urge Nafdac to ban sales of otapiapia and sniper and Third Mainland bridge should be closed by LASTMA.
Re: 2019 Election: New Rules About Voting You Should Know by torino88(m): 8:53am On Feb 11, 2019
nice
Re: 2019 Election: New Rules About Voting You Should Know by Davash222(m): 8:57am On Feb 11, 2019
OkaNaUbe:

Saturday is not far again. I urge Nafdac to ban sales of otapiapia and sniper and Third Mainland bridge should be closed by LASTMA.
Ban which sniper When I don already advice Iya Yetunde to buy enough sniper cos there will be high demand for it from Saturday.

Me and my 5 girlfriends are for Atiku.
Re: 2019 Election: New Rules About Voting You Should Know by Nobody: 9:29am On Feb 11, 2019
Let's get Nigeria working again. If you live in Abuja, Support Archbishop Bature Kawas of Freedom and Justice Party for Senate.

For Presidency, I am Atikuobilated! cool
Re: 2019 Election: New Rules About Voting You Should Know by Nobody: 9:52pm On Feb 12, 2019
Davash222:

Ban which sniper When I don already advice Iya Yetunde to buy enough sniper cos there will be high demand for it from Saturday.

Me and my 5 girlfriends are for Atiku.

grin

(1) (Reply)

A Short History Of The Cruel And Terrible Second Regime Of Buhari By Ayo Sogunro / Gunmen Assassinate Imo APC Chairman / This Is A Prophecy In 2015 And It's On Course To Come Through.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.