Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,294 members, 7,826,170 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:40 AM

Legendary Story Of Slot Founder, Nnamdi Ezeigbo - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Legendary Story Of Slot Founder, Nnamdi Ezeigbo (345 Views)

Binance Founder Sent To Jail As Nigeria Awaits Extradition Of Africa Manager / Success Story Of Billionaire Industrialist: Samuel Adedoyin / Nnamdi Onunkwo Weds Obiageli Madubuko (Wedding Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Legendary Story Of Slot Founder, Nnamdi Ezeigbo by WORDSENSEI: 10:07am On Feb 11, 2019
Nnamdi Ezeigbo’s success in the enterprise world has won him not a few admirers. Rising from the status of an ordinary computer problem fixer to that of a multimillionaire mobile phone distributor, his story is that of resilience, vision and grace.

The Abia indigene is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Slot Systems Limited, indigenous telecommunications and IT company which boasts of over 60 outlets nationwide and an online store.

Though he is now a well-acclaimed business mogul in the Nigerian technology industry, Ezeigbo did not always dream to be an entrepreneur.

A peep into the past

Ezeigbo was born on the 4th of August, 1966, in Delta state, He started his primary school education at Pamol primary school, Sapele, Delta State. He had his secondary school education at Ogini grammar school and Ogharefe, also in Delta state. Being a good science student, he opted to study engineering at the Yaba College of Technology.

“I was good at the sciences but did not have any idea about what engineering entails. What prompted my interest, I didn’t know. The whole essence of opting for engineering was to go to school and get a good job in an oil servicing company like Chevron or Mobil. It was my dream as a young man”, Ezeigbo said in an interview.

However, reality soon set in after Ezeigbo had graduated and undergone the National Youth Service Corps(NYSC) scheme but had to roam the streets for two years in search of job. He had to think of something new to do.

The business of computers

While undergoing the NYSC scheme, his place of primary assignment was the Nigerian Breweries in Lagos, where he realised that the computer had become important to business operations. The year was 1996 and those who had the knowledge of computer repairs and maintenance were few. He then saw a success opportunity in the field. Therefore, he opted to learn the skill.

He spent six months learning under a friend who did computer repairs at the popular Computer Village, Ikeja without making any income. After acquiring the skills, he kept working with his trainer, but he earned more goodwill from clients than his boss did.

“Customers preferred that I handle their jobs when they brought them. This became an issue because he felt I was robbing him of sales. So, he sent me out of his business place and I had no choice than to leave, without cash to rent a shop; nothing to start up with but I didn’t give up,” he recalled.

An undaunted Ezeigbo set up his business at an open space beside a restaurant. But a month later, he moved to a book store which was owned by another friend. He soon grew his client base.

However, with the help of an old client, he was able to raise funds to get his first office space at the Computer Village

SEE THE REST AT https://www.makeitglobal.biz/slot-founder-nnamdi-ezeigbo/

CC: DOMINIQUE FOD

(1) (Reply)

Please Help! How Do I Transport Electrical Appliances / Handball Only / Stop That 50k Slave Salary Job Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.