Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,125 members, 7,818,374 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:52 PM

Seun Kuti Apologizes And Explains Why He Didn't Perform At The Grammys - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Seun Kuti Apologizes And Explains Why He Didn't Perform At The Grammys (497 Views)

Afrocandy: JT Tom West Shot Dead On A Movie Set, He Didn't Die In Car Accident / Abuja EndSARS Protesters Blast Davido, Say 'He Didn't Spend Up To 1 Hour' / Xxxtentacion Killer Brags And Explains Why He Killed Him (watch Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Seun Kuti Apologizes And Explains Why He Didn't Perform At The Grammys by queenblog(f): 11:23am On Feb 11, 2019
Last night, Nigerian Afrobeat musician, Seun Kuti didn't perform at the 61st Grammy Awards as earlier announced.

He also lost in his first attempt to win a Grammy award after being nominated in the best world music album category but lost to South Africa's 'Soweto Gospel Choir',

Explaining why he was unable to perform on the biggest music awards stage, Seun Kuti wrote[i], 'first and foremost I have to say I am sorry to all the fans that tuned in to see us perform yesterday but didn’t. I had the weirdest ticket mix up in history meaning I missed my flight and the rehearsals and we couldn’t go on. Big up to Soweto Gospel choir a group that has also inspired me. @fatoumata_diawara__ for holding down our show without me. @lekanbalogun1 @mccoyclothings for making us look really nice on that red carpet @versatilebay for @chefyeide clothes. @egypt80band and our entire team we must keep banging the door till they let us in'.[/i]

via https://onecornergizt..com/2019/02/seun-kuti-apologizes-and-explains-why.html

Re: Seun Kuti Apologizes And Explains Why He Didn't Perform At The Grammys by Sugarkay(m): 11:28am On Feb 11, 2019
dope
Re: Seun Kuti Apologizes And Explains Why He Didn't Perform At The Grammys by itspzpics(m): 12:11pm On Feb 11, 2019
Ohhh
Re: Seun Kuti Apologizes And Explains Why He Didn't Perform At The Grammys by Pusyiter(m): 9:26pm On Feb 11, 2019
What do you expect when Nigeria jagajaga

(1) (Reply)

Yoruba Actor Odunlade Adekola Drops A Song / Ariana Grande Becomes Most Followed Female Celeb On Instagram / Will Smith Will Not Return To “suicide Squad” – Here’s Why…

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.