Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,100 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:53 AM

You're Good Enough For You. - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / You're Good Enough For You. (369 Views)

The Blue Love Story [episode 4 : YOU'RE MY SLAVE] / To Authors: You're Attracting Anti Spambot / You're Next (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

You're Good Enough For You. by FavourClinton21(f): 12:36pm On Feb 11, 2019
I remember growing up as a little child my mother would always tell me:

"Baby, no matter how low you bend so that people can step on you, they will still compla smiley[color=#000000][/color]in that you weren't low enough".

I didn't really understand what she meant until I faced the circumstances myself.

I was an introvert.

A bad one at that. I hardly laughed because I felt my teeth weren't perfect to be shown. I rarely spoke up to people, let alone fight for myself whenever I was bullied.
My sister always complained that I had a huge level of inferiority complex and that if I didn't get rid of it, I would regret it forever.

But that was the problem too, I wasn't aware of what it was that made me feel that way. I knew I was a shy person but I couldn't seem to understand why I feel so different when I am around other kids.

I felt abnormal. Like there was something wrong with me, when truly all I lacked was a proper understanding of who I was.

For years I spent my life trying to please people, trying to adjust just so that in their eyes...I would turn out to be perfect. You know the horrid truth? That was a pathetic lie I told myself.

You will never be good enough to the ones who constantly search for your flaws. Mark my words..Never...

No matter how much you do to make them feel comfortable, they will still complain. Even if you licked their feet, they'll say that your spit is too warm.

Never please someone else in such a way that you displease yourself. You don't have to TRY to make them see anything.Stop that! Don't try to make people think either good or bad of you. Just do your thing.

In life, when you keep working hard, setting and achieving your goals..the right people will come into your life and stay.

Know who you are.

Understand who you are.

Take time to know yourself, discover who you truly are. Your goals, your passion, the kind of people you wanna surround yourself with, the kind of things you wouldn't want in your life.

Of course this wouldn't happen rapidly. Rome wasn't built in a day. It'll take time.
   You will go through rough times, temptations and challenges that will bend you so hard you wanna give up.

But listen...anytime you feel like giving up, remember why you started.

"You're not good enough!
You're too shy!
You're unreasonable!
You're so fake!
You're ugly...mean.."

There will always be a time or times rather, when people gonna say that to you. Sometimes, constantly! To break you! But you must remember who you are.

There are billions of people in the world and still counting so why would you let the opinions of people define who you are? Why would you let those negative thoughts over cloud your precious mind?

It doesn't have to be that way.

Go on the social media, you see lots of kids going through cyber-bullying! On  Facebook, it's there. On Instagram...they got a page for that and every day, the dreams of those people are crushed.  Their hopes are been murdered by negativity.

We have to stand up and know who we are!
We gotta realize that we and only we have the power to limit our abilities.
We gotta understand that we are kings and Queens of our Empire.

We're not slaves of people's words and thoughts.
But when we fail to realize this, we become slaves of not only the masses, also to ourselves.
    It's like we're caging up the greatness in us.

Not anymore..

The most important day is the day you decide that YOU'RE GOOD ENOUGH FOR YOU is the day you set yourself free.

Don't you see?

You were created perfectly..
Not a single thing in you is a mistake. Not even your talents.

You're a gem.

You must start treating yourself so. Get to love yourself. Spend more time with yourself. Sometimes the company of one's self does more good than the company of others. You must appreciate yourself for who you are, despite what the problem may be.

Have you noticed how temporary negativity is?

When you think of something wrong and you hear a joyful news then poof!

That negative thought is gone?

That, my dear is the power of positivity.
Fill yourself with it. Day in, day out.

It'll help you realize that you don't have to compromise anything to please anyone.

Some things may be equally essential but nothing is more important than a healthy sense of self-esteem and loving yourself for who you are.

What we have to realize is that our low self-esteem is not genetic. Also we must realise that we should not be reliant on others to increase our self-confidence.
    The best day of your life is the one on which you decide your life is your own. No apologies or excuses. No one to lean on, rely on, or blame. The gift is yours – it is an amazing journey – and you alone are responsible for the quality of it. This is the day your life really begins.

~~~

Join into this quest for a sound mentality!

Don't let your inner voice to be silenced!
For more click on the link below:

https://my.w.tt/yeD2LLkFdU
Re: You're Good Enough For You. by Victorictor: 1:16pm On Feb 11, 2019
Thanks you just made my day.God bless you

(1) (Reply)

The Instant Author Writing Challenge / Words Of Advice To All Single Ladies �� / Done

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.