Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,113 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:21 PM

For The Love Of The Masses - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / For The Love Of The Masses (222 Views)

Only A Fool Fight For The Masses In Africa / Buhari Waving To The Masses After Inauguration In 2015 Vs 2019 / Buhari Finally Visits Lagos Stadium Today, See The Masses Reactions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

For The Love Of The Masses by Tobyarab(m): 7:36am On Feb 12, 2019
I will make this as brief as possible.

President Buhari postures himself as someone who loves the masses. He rode to the presidency on that backbone of love for masses.i try to make sense of that.

PDP govt sold PHCN assets in a bid to improve power supply in the country.whether the intentions were genuine or not is unknown. But since President Buhari took reins, power consumers suffering has known no bounds. Discos arbitrarily dish out bills however they like,if you refuse to pay, you get disconnected. The corruption in the discos is choking the citizens and economy alike but the President just sits by and allow them rampage. The house of reps have passed a bill to end estimated billing due to the it's painful effects on citizens but Mr Fashola openly opposed it claiming it will cripple the power sector. Fashola represents the President.

President Buhari selling point is his incorruptible persona so to speak.if you are his supporter, please ask him what anti-corruption moves he has made that bettered the life of the masses.
The healthcare sector is still as corrupt as before, the power sector still reeks of corruption. These are the two places that can better the masses life, yet the President looks on. Believe me,if the President were to set some of these corrupt elements to firing squad which was typical of military era, he will have the support of masses. The President often use the Just as excuse, yet we know that he can take draconian measures to fight corruption if he wants to. Dasuki still languishes in jail in defiance of court orders. if he can defy the court, why can't he also do so to jail the management of these Discos, if possible execute so as to send a firm message. Jerry Rawlings of Ghana executed corrupt officials and he is being hailed as a hero till date.

If you are President Buhari fan, you need to re-examine yourself and ask, what am I doing wrong? am I understanding a spell?

(1) (Reply)

All This Notice Me Political Party Are Creating More Problem / The Nigeria Airways Pensioners On Tuesday Held A Rally In Support Of Buhari / ‘report Vote Buying During Elections And Get Reward’ – EFCC Tells Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.