Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,397 members, 7,815,867 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:48 PM

Buhari’s ‘Violence’ Comment In Zamfara A Joke - Campaign Council - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari’s ‘Violence’ Comment In Zamfara A Joke - Campaign Council (25908 Views)

INEC Debunks Over-Voting Comment In Osun Poll / Buhari Declines Comment In Shagari’s Condolence Register / VP Osinbajo Responds To Atiku's Comment In Premium Times Publication (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari’s ‘Violence’ Comment In Zamfara A Joke - Campaign Council by Omeokachie: 2:03pm On Feb 12, 2019
These people are terrorists

4 Likes

Re: Buhari’s ‘Violence’ Comment In Zamfara A Joke - Campaign Council by emeejinsm: 2:03pm On Feb 12, 2019
Believe me mr integrity doesn't joke if he mentioned blood or death my dear run for your life

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s ‘Violence’ Comment In Zamfara A Joke - Campaign Council by bluegrass07: 2:03pm On Feb 12, 2019
ClearFlair:
Trust desperate PDP to try to twist the story.

Your brain is paining you.

5 Likes

Re: Buhari’s ‘Violence’ Comment In Zamfara A Joke - Campaign Council by Nobody: 2:04pm On Feb 12, 2019
[s]
ahmedkoded95:
The campaign council of President Muhammadu Buhari has said the comment made by Mr Buhari in Zamfara State was a “joke”.

The opposition had condemned the president’s comments as an incitement.

Mr Buhari, while concluding his remarks in Hausa at a campaign rally in Gusau, Zamfara State on Sunday, said he was happy that the nation had two rainy seasons that enabled farmers to make good yield.

He then prayed for another fruitful rainy season. “What I actually want is for everyone to feed well and as for those who want to continue with their “fitna”, (they) can go ahead”.

The word “fitna” in Hausa literally mean “crisis” and because Zamfara state is experiencing insecurity as a result of the activities of bandits who daily kill and kidnap citizens of the state, many interpret his comments as a call to continued violence.

The candidate of the major opposition party, the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Atiku Abubakar, speaking in Port Harcourt, Rivers State on Monday, said the comments by Mr Buhari was “unpresidential”.

In a statement on Tuesday, the spokesperson of the Buhari campaign organisation, Festus Keyamo, said typical of the Atiku campaign, “they have continued in their favourite pastime of peddling falsehood, scaremongering and misinformation”.

Mr Keyamo said the comment by Mr Abubakar accusing the president of promoting violence was false.

“The Hausa word the President used in Zamfara, which has been taken out of context, is “fitna”.

“Incidentally all our Hausa language scholars have said the word means different things: it means distress, trial, affliction or temptation. It can also be used to describe rebellion or uprising.

“In this case, President Buhari was actually weighing in on the joke told very often of recent in the North that due to the rice boom, farmers have embarked on pilgrimage and the marrying of more wives.

“So, what the President meant was actually a joke deliberately taken out of context: he simply told the crowd to ensure they eat very well because of the rice boom before they can contemplate giving in to those temptations,” Mr Keyamo said.

The campaign spokesperson said even in some private meetings with the campaign team, Mr Buhari has always commented on this joke.

“Sadly, out of desperation, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar has decided to peddle falsehood.

“We urge Alhaji Atiku Abubakar to realize that it is God Almighty that gives power and takes power. He should not use his palpable desperation to return to power (in order to sell Nigeria to his “friends” and to make them rich) to set this nation ablaze by outright falsehood,” Mr Keyamo said.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/312092-buharis-violence-comment-a-joke-campaign-council.html

[/s]

Everytime Keyamo and APC blunder they come out and make it worse

Which president jokes in crisis ridden state?

Buhari is very stupid

5 Likes

Re: Buhari’s ‘Violence’ Comment In Zamfara A Joke - Campaign Council by sindan: 2:04pm On Feb 12, 2019
Buhari is a joke

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s ‘Violence’ Comment In Zamfara A Joke - Campaign Council by humchrix333: 2:04pm On Feb 12, 2019
����APC can lie nor be small.. Hahahahaha.. Joke ke? They really think we are kids or fools

2 Likes

Re: Buhari’s ‘Violence’ Comment In Zamfara A Joke - Campaign Council by Qsscruz(m): 2:04pm On Feb 12, 2019
S/S of lifelessness...To be kicked out by Sunday..

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s ‘Violence’ Comment In Zamfara A Joke - Campaign Council by Dididrumz(m): 2:05pm On Feb 12, 2019
And yet some idiots still have time to support this Devil's incarnate? Buhari is evil.

I pity some Nigerians....

2 Likes

Re: Buhari’s ‘Violence’ Comment In Zamfara A Joke - Campaign Council by ClearFlair: 2:06pm On Feb 12, 2019
bluegrass07:

Your brain is paining you.

Better than you that has none. If you had any you won’t be serving a thief.
Re: Buhari’s ‘Violence’ Comment In Zamfara A Joke - Campaign Council by SalamRushdie: 2:06pm On Feb 12, 2019
hisgrace090:
Its a shame for buhari to have repeated the monkey and baboon blood flow treat againe.

this one was even worse , he told the to eat to their fill and arm to the teeth incase they need to use violence to secure the ticket

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s ‘Violence’ Comment In Zamfara A Joke - Campaign Council by Nobody: 2:07pm On Feb 12, 2019
You are stupid!

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s ‘Violence’ Comment In Zamfara A Joke - Campaign Council by ClearFlair: 2:07pm On Feb 12, 2019
Racoon:
[s][/s]

We are zombies. We will eat your hearts out at the polls. Get your crying buckets ready. tongue
Re: Buhari’s ‘Violence’ Comment In Zamfara A Joke - Campaign Council by ClearFlair: 2:08pm On Feb 12, 2019
silverline22:
I am stupid!

Easy now bros. Why are you insulting yourself. Ha
Re: Buhari’s ‘Violence’ Comment In Zamfara A Joke - Campaign Council by Microfels: 2:09pm On Feb 12, 2019
The rice 'boom'? What rice boom? Is this Keyamo stupid or what? So this is the best rationalization he can come up with of his incendiary comment? Smh.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari’s ‘Violence’ Comment In Zamfara A Joke - Campaign Council by Doncripp: 2:11pm On Feb 12, 2019
How can you call that a joke......Nigerians are wiser now. Blood tasty demons

2 Likes

Re: Buhari’s ‘Violence’ Comment In Zamfara A Joke - Campaign Council by sgd: 2:11pm On Feb 12, 2019
We dont need a comedian in presidency then. APC and lies. The party keeps fumbling and becoming unpopular day by day to the election

2 Likes

Re: Buhari’s ‘Violence’ Comment In Zamfara A Joke - Campaign Council by Asshurbanipali: 2:12pm On Feb 12, 2019
You can ever defend Buhari and APC without sounding insane and stupid cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari’s ‘Violence’ Comment In Zamfara A Joke - Campaign Council by Icon79(m): 2:14pm On Feb 12, 2019
We weren't kidding when we called him Buhari. He's their godfather, believe it or not.

O pari

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s ‘Violence’ Comment In Zamfara A Joke - Campaign Council by maxzzo1(m): 2:16pm On Feb 12, 2019
So Buhari is na comedian ?

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s ‘Violence’ Comment In Zamfara A Joke - Campaign Council by diadem10: 2:17pm On Feb 12, 2019
Buhari is Omo agba. Same way my mother would say anyone who wants to listen should listen. As for those who want to continue with their noise making should continue. We already know what she meant by that statement cos the beating that would be met on such noisemaking fellow would almost cripple him. As such we would all keep quiet.

God bless the mothers who doesn't need to speak much before they are being understood as well as children who understand their parents quickly
Re: Buhari’s ‘Violence’ Comment In Zamfara A Joke - Campaign Council by FLYFIRE(m): 2:17pm On Feb 12, 2019
So Isoko man wan teach Hausa man hausa...Kayemo is a FOOOL

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s ‘Violence’ Comment In Zamfara A Joke - Campaign Council by donb06: 2:18pm On Feb 12, 2019
MY PVC cant can't lie cos my genotype is AA ( Atiku Abubakar)... while my blood group is O Positive (Obi Peter)..... should i go against my PVC i need advice pls so confused cry

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s ‘Violence’ Comment In Zamfara A Joke - Campaign Council by lagdmark(m): 2:21pm On Feb 12, 2019
Nbote:
Can U imagine!! A joke? So d crisis d state is experiencing is a joking matter? These ppl no jus get sense and shame.. Somebody asked those wrecking havoc in d state to continue and U guys claim it's a joke..
Pls calm down, Buhari is mentally unstable.don't take him serious he can't even remember saying anything .

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s ‘Violence’ Comment In Zamfara A Joke - Campaign Council by Queseda: 2:23pm On Feb 12, 2019
We will be setting a bad precedence for generations to come when they get to know a certain man sold national assets, used the proceeds to enrich himself, and 12years later came to vie for the highest office in the land, and still won the election (God forbid). This will suggest to future generations you can do anything and get away with it.
It is an insult on the sensibility of all well-meaning Nigerians for any party to present an individual with such records as its candidate for any elective position. The choices we make today will go a long way to determining our future. Vote wisely
Re: Buhari’s ‘Violence’ Comment In Zamfara A Joke - Campaign Council by Lilimax(f): 2:24pm On Feb 12, 2019
Tell me when this lifeless one became a comedian undecided

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s ‘Violence’ Comment In Zamfara A Joke - Campaign Council by Nobody: 2:26pm On Feb 12, 2019
Good day fellow Nigerians and nairalanders... I have a problem and like they said, a problem shared is half solved... I am a final year student of the university of Port Harcourt. I have a problem with school fees and accommodation. School resumes next week and the only hope I have is the transportation back to school from the village. I got to this level by the grace of God and by hustling to make ends meet via menial jobs. But of recent, I experienced some setbacks this time around cos I had to go for Industrial training. At first, I managed to combine hustling and IT until my boss started to complain,so I had to explain to him and he promised to assist me with some money when I want to resume school. You won't believe that he gave me 5k last week Friday when I told him am about to resume. He used me for 8good months! If I had known, I would have forgo IT and work in preparation for my finals. I don't have anybody to help me, nowhere to go. My life and hope is slipping away right before me. All my efforts since yr1 ll be in vain. I can't resume with my peers cos I have not paid my fees and accommodation. I don't mind sleeping in the classrooms but I can't go anywhere without paying my school fees. I have proof beyond doubt that I am not a scammer.. Pls ignore my new ID, I have to open a new one for these purpose... Save my Future Nigerians�
Re: Buhari’s ‘Violence’ Comment In Zamfara A Joke - Campaign Council by mtstyle(m): 2:28pm On Feb 12, 2019
Re: Buhari’s ‘Violence’ Comment In Zamfara A Joke - Campaign Council by Jason007: 2:28pm On Feb 12, 2019
just typical

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2019 Elections: INEC Results Collation Process Not Transparent.. E. U / Bandits Turn Villagers Into Slaves In Katsina - Bashir Kurfi / 2019: Sanwo-olu, Hamzat Indigenes Of Ogun — PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.