Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,069 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:55 AM

The Top 10 World’s Most Powerful Passports In 2019 - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Top 10 World’s Most Powerful Passports In 2019 (36103 Views)

Singapore And Japan Have World's Most Powerful Passports,See Where Nigeria Is / The 10 Least Most Powerful Passports In Africa / 10 Of The Most Powerful Passports In The World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Top 10 World’s Most Powerful Passports In 2019 by AutoJoshNG: 2:16pm On Feb 12, 2019

The information we used for this ranking is according to the latest Henley Passport Index. The ranking is based on the number of destinations their holder can access without a prior visa. The ranking is based on exclusive data from the International Air Transport Association (IATA), which maintains the world’s largest and most accurate database of travel information.

This is how it is calculated:

For each travel destination, if no visa is required for passport holders from a country or territory, then a score with value = 1 is created for that passport. A score with value = 1 is also applied if passport holders can obtain a visa on arrival, a visitor’s permit, or an electronic travel authority (ETA) when entering the destination. These visa-types require no pre-departure government approval, because of the specific visa-waiver programs in place.

Where a visa is required, or where a passport holder has to obtain a government-approved electronic visa (e-Visa) before departure, a score with value = 0 is assigned. A score with value = 0 is also assigned if passport holders need pre-departure government approval for a visa on arrival, a scenario we do not consider ‘visa-free’.

The total score for each passport is equal to the number of destinations for which no visa is required (value = 1), under the conditions defined above.

In a nutshell, some passports are more powerful and hence offers more freedom.

Below are the world’s most powerful passports in 2018.

It’s cool you note that some positions have ties.

1. Japan:

With the Japanese passport, you can comfortably travel to 190 destinations around the world.

2. Singapore, South Korea:

For the second most powerful passport in the world, there is a tie between Singapore and South Korea. With these two Asian passports, you can travel to 189 destinations around the world.

3. France, Germany:

The two passports can travel to a total of 188 destinations around the globe. In the beginning of 2018, Germany took the first spot as the most powerful passport in the world.

4. Denmark, Finland, Italy, Sweden:

The four countries joined at the fourth position can make it to 187 destinations with their passport.

5.Luxembourg, Spain:

The two passports can get its holders to 186 locations around the world.

6. Austria, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Switzerland, United Kingdom, United States:

At this sixth position, the passports here have access to 185 destinations.

7. Belgium, Canada, Greece, Ireland:

The passports have access to 184 destinations.

8. Czech Republic:

The lone passport sitting pretty on the eighth position can get into 183 destinations.

9. Malta:

The passport have access to 182 destinations.

10. Australia, Iceland, New Zealand:

The passports have access to 181 destinations.

https://autojosh.com/10-most-powerful-passport-2019/

11 Likes 7 Shares

Re: The Top 10 World’s Most Powerful Passports In 2019 by Nobody: 2:30pm On Feb 12, 2019
AutoJosh, give me one, just one reason to remain in this country

52 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Top 10 World’s Most Powerful Passports In 2019 by DuchessLily(f): 2:40pm On Feb 12, 2019
Imagine little Czech Republic ooo.. Where is naija? The Giant of Africa?

2 Likes

Re: The Top 10 World’s Most Powerful Passports In 2019 by hucienda: 3:56pm On Feb 12, 2019
Japan.

#Respect

12 Likes

Re: The Top 10 World’s Most Powerful Passports In 2019 by jaymejate: 3:57pm On Feb 12, 2019
Nigeria should be there at least we de use am enter Cotonou and Ghana free of charge ehn.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Top 10 World’s Most Powerful Passports In 2019 by Dukeolumidemans(m): 3:57pm On Feb 12, 2019
His information is very accurate and true...

Meanwhile Nija (Giant of Africa) will be like....and we be number emmnnn...no mind them jare, that list was "doctored"...

13 Likes

Re: The Top 10 World’s Most Powerful Passports In 2019 by Ayoswit(f): 3:57pm On Feb 12, 2019
Naija which way?

1 Like

Re: The Top 10 World’s Most Powerful Passports In 2019 by Blinkers: 3:58pm On Feb 12, 2019
DuchessLily:

cool

Duchess, Nigeria has never been great. It's a propaganda the military government and its civilian cronies drum into heads of Nigerians who are often too ignorant, to give us a false sense of superiority because of our large population.

39 Likes 5 Shares

Re: The Top 10 World’s Most Powerful Passports In 2019 by NotBeenPaid: 3:58pm On Feb 12, 2019

Is it every month that this thread will be making FP?

14 Likes

Re: The Top 10 World’s Most Powerful Passports In 2019 by Anthonyoluwaseun(m): 3:58pm On Feb 12, 2019
#AFRIKA is doomed
AutoJoshNG:

The information we used for this ranking is according to the latest Henley Passport Index. The ranking is based on the number of destinations their holder can access without a prior visa. The ranking is based on exclusive data from the International Air Transport Association (IATA), which maintains the world’s largest and most accurate database of travel information.

This is how it is calculated:

For each travel destination, if no visa is required for passport holders from a country or territory, then a score with value = 1 is created for that passport. A score with value = 1 is also applied if passport holders can obtain a visa on arrival, a visitor’s permit, or an electronic travel authority (ETA) when entering the destination. These visa-types require no pre-departure government approval, because of the specific visa-waiver programs in place.

Where a visa is required, or where a passport holder has to obtain a government-approved electronic visa (e-Visa) before departure, a score with value = 0 is assigned. A score with value = 0 is also assigned if passport holders need pre-departure government approval for a visa on arrival, a scenario we do not consider ‘visa-free’.

The total score for each passport is equal to the number of destinations for which no visa is required (value = 1), under the conditions defined above.

In a nutshell, some passports are more powerful and hence offers more freedom.

Below are the world’s most powerful passports in 2018.

It’s cool you note that some positions have ties.

1. Japan:

With the Japanese passport, you can comfortably travel to 190 destinations around the world.

2. Singapore, South Korea:

For the second most powerful passport in the world, there is a tie between Singapore and South Korea. With these two Asian passports, you can travel to 189 destinations around the world.

3. France, Germany:

The two passports can travel to a total of 188 destinations around the globe. In the beginning of 2018, Germany took the first spot as the most powerful passport in the world.

4. Denmark, Finland, Italy, Sweden:

The four countries joined at the fourth position can make it to 187 destinations with their passport.

5.Luxembourg, Spain:

The two passports can get its holders to 186 locations around the world.

6. Austria, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Switzerland, United Kingdom, United States:

At this sixth position, the passports here have access to 185 destinations.

7. Belgium, Canada, Greece, Ireland:

The passports have access to 184 destinations.

8. Czech Republic:

The lone passport sitting pretty on the eighth position can get into 183 destinations.

9. Malta:

The passport have access to 182 destinations.

10. Australia, Iceland, New Zealand:

The passports have access to 181 destinations.

https://autojosh.com/10-most-powerful-passport-2019/

Re: The Top 10 World’s Most Powerful Passports In 2019 by Asshurbanipali: 3:58pm On Feb 12, 2019
Cut the chess.. the most powerful passport In the world is American passport.

That's the only country i know that uses it's visa to penalize some world leaders

1 Like

Re: The Top 10 World’s Most Powerful Passports In 2019 by nepapole(m): 3:58pm On Feb 12, 2019
I jus wana leave this shithole

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Top 10 World’s Most Powerful Passports In 2019 by whitebeard(m): 3:59pm On Feb 12, 2019
Earthbound:
if the whites always asked themselves these question, u wont want to run to their country

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Top 10 World’s Most Powerful Passports In 2019 by Muyiwaipere(m): 3:59pm On Feb 12, 2019
a
Re: The Top 10 World’s Most Powerful Passports In 2019 by anishe(m): 3:59pm On Feb 12, 2019
How do I get Canadian passport?

I just need a one way ticket out of this country!!!

If you can, please help.
Re: The Top 10 World’s Most Powerful Passports In 2019 by Smile4daddy(m): 3:59pm On Feb 12, 2019
Well I got nothing to lose.

Already two important things I needed for 2019, have gotten them.

My PVC and Visa

Buhari leaves, I leave

Buhari stays, I stay

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Top 10 World’s Most Powerful Passports In 2019 by IMASTEX: 3:59pm On Feb 12, 2019
Nice one
Re: The Top 10 World’s Most Powerful Passports In 2019 by uzhofficial: 3:59pm On Feb 12, 2019
If you think you will see Nigeria on this list one day, like
If you think you woun't, Share

7 Likes 15 Shares

Re: The Top 10 World’s Most Powerful Passports In 2019 by nepapole(m): 3:59pm On Feb 12, 2019
Ayoswit:
K
For konji
Re: The Top 10 World’s Most Powerful Passports In 2019 by big7: 4:00pm On Feb 12, 2019
DuchessLily:

The solution is to disintegrate the country...fixing the shithole is almost impossible

6 Likes

Re: The Top 10 World’s Most Powerful Passports In 2019 by nepapole(m): 4:00pm On Feb 12, 2019
Smile4daddy:
Well I got nothing to lose.

Already two important things I needed for 2019, have gotten them.

My PVC and Visa

Buhari leaves, I leave

Buhari stays, I stay
Wondervul!

2 Likes

Re: The Top 10 World’s Most Powerful Passports In 2019 by Lilimax(f): 4:00pm On Feb 12, 2019
With Nigerian Passport, how many country could you travel to in Africa?
Re: The Top 10 World’s Most Powerful Passports In 2019 by freemanbubble: 4:01pm On Feb 12, 2019
Isoright
Re: The Top 10 World’s Most Powerful Passports In 2019 by IYANGBALI: 4:01pm On Feb 12, 2019
Earthbound:
snipper is cheaper in Nigeria than any country in the world
Re: The Top 10 World’s Most Powerful Passports In 2019 by madridsta007(m): 4:02pm On Feb 12, 2019
Earthbound:

Buhari wink grin grin grin grin
Re: The Top 10 World’s Most Powerful Passports In 2019 by wholenezer(m): 4:02pm On Feb 12, 2019
Las las Nigeria go better It's well
Sigh*
Re: The Top 10 World’s Most Powerful Passports In 2019 by Spaxon(f): 4:02pm On Feb 12, 2019
i still need a nigerian passport anyday
Re: The Top 10 World’s Most Powerful Passports In 2019 by TLION(m): 4:02pm On Feb 12, 2019
Earthbound:
. So that we can suffer this together

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Malaysian Train Crashes! More Than 200 Injured (Graphic Photos) / Fraudsters: STOP Asking Your Kins Abroad To Help You Aid Your Selfish Interests! / Driver Falls Off Ogudu Bridge In Lagos After Horrific Motor Accident. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.