Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,185 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:25 AM

To All Who Truly Believe That God Is The Greatest, Come And Rep Your Language - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / To All Who Truly Believe That God Is The Greatest, Come And Rep Your Language (527 Views)

What Experience Have You Had That Made You Believe That God Is Real? / Woman Crashes Car After Hitting A Pole While Trying To Show That God Is Real / Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

To All Who Truly Believe That God Is The Greatest, Come And Rep Your Language by Nobody: 8:57am On Feb 13, 2019
I'm thinking of having a collection of "God is the greatest" in all tongues and languages on earth, but of course I have to start from somewhere.

And that place is here on Nairaland, hence I want to get everyone here who believes that God is indeed the greatest, to rep their native tongue in that saying.

English starts fittingly as the default language in this respect being the most common language on Earth(I believe the closest humanity has come the one language that they once had), for "God is the greatest" is that idea or belief being communicated via the medium of the English language.

For that same idea or belief in the Hebrew language of Israel translates as,

"kiy gadol YHWH mikol ha’elohim".

While in Arabic language of Ismael it is,

"Allahu Akbar".

So I would like to to also get other languages of the world to do same, but I want to first get that idea translated into the three major languages in Nigeria then we can proceed to the rest.

A Nairalander with the moniker budaatum has already helped with the translation of "God is the greatest" in the Yoruba language, and it goes:

"Olorun lo tobi julo"

So with the Yoruba translation already in the bag, which one comes up next?
Re: To All Who Truly Believe That God Is The Greatest, Come And Rep Your Language by HappyPagan: 9:31am On Feb 13, 2019
Uhm, Mandarin is the most common language in the world.

And you do realise that God represent various beings and concepts across different religions... So along with your "Allahu Akbar", I hope you add a Chukwuokike and Olodumare, at least in their proper context. Chineke did not give birth to Jesus.. That's blasphemy. He gave birth to me.

PS. ps when when will you grow to be a Jesus?
Re: To All Who Truly Believe That God Is The Greatest, Come And Rep Your Language by Nobody: 12:43pm On Feb 13, 2019
jesusjnr:

English starts fittingly as the default language in this respect being the most common language on Earth (I believe the closest humanity has come the one language that they once had), for "God is the greatest" is that idea or belief being communicated via the medium of the English language.

Re: To All Who Truly Believe That God Is The Greatest, Come And Rep Your Language by amyblessed(f): 4:10pm On Feb 13, 2019
God is the greatest in Igbo language can be translated as 'Chineke kariri ihe nile'

God is truly the greatest no matter who thinks otherwise.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: To All Who Truly Believe That God Is The Greatest, Come And Rep Your Language by Nobody: 11:41am On Feb 14, 2019
amyblessed:
God is the greatest in Igbo language can be translated as 'Chineke kariri ihe nile'

God is truly the greatest no matter who thinks otherwise.
'Chineke kariri ihe nile' is God is the greatest in Igbo language, thanks to amyblessed.

So one left of the three major languages of the nation
Re: To All Who Truly Believe That God Is The Greatest, Come And Rep Your Language by Nobody: 2:12pm On Feb 16, 2019
Hausa language please.
Re: To All Who Truly Believe That God Is The Greatest, Come And Rep Your Language by Nobody: 9:43pm On Feb 20, 2019
I'm still waiting for the Hausa guy.
Re: To All Who Truly Believe That God Is The Greatest, Come And Rep Your Language by Nobody: 4:31pm On Feb 25, 2019
What about Hausa speakers?
Re: To All Who Truly Believe That God Is The Greatest, Come And Rep Your Language by Nobody: 2:31pm On Feb 28, 2019
Hausa?
Re: To All Who Truly Believe That God Is The Greatest, Come And Rep Your Language by Nobody: 6:38am On Mar 08, 2019
Hausa?
Re: To All Who Truly Believe That God Is The Greatest, Come And Rep Your Language by Nobody: 7:05am On Sep 30, 2019
Modified.

jesusjnr:
I Hereby Withdraw Everything I Said In This Forum About The Koran, Mohammed, Islam And Allah Because The Holy Ghost Said "Ba Na So Koran"

No be small thing. The Holy Spirit no allow me rest for the past few days immediately after I made the thread that posited the utterances He gave me of "Koran" as a confirmation that Allah of Islam was God Almighty.

From that moment, it seemed I had drawn His ire, as the utterances He has been giving me has been more or less in rejection of that notion. It's mostly been in the hausa language and started with "ba na so Koran" which means in english "I don't want the Koran".

And that has been the most prominent amongst others some of which I had jotted down in a book, as follows:

"Ba na so Koran" - (English) "I don't want the Koran."

"Koran ne christian?" - "Is Koran christian?"

"You are christian".

"Ka bere Christ/Cross" - "Have you left Christ/cross?"

"Koran ba yi christian" - "Koran don't do/is not christian."

"Ka bere Christ/cross Koran ka yi?" - "Have you left Christ/cross and (now) do Koran?"

"Ka yi Koran ba yi Christian" - "If you do Koran, you don't do Christian!"

These are rough translations according to my fair understanding of hausa language having previously stayed in the north for a while, but I hope it suffices to convey the point.

That's in a nutshell what i've been bombarded with recently, that it made it difficult for me to pray as usual, as speaking in tongues is an integral part of my prayer.

Though I was initially adamant that I would not heed what He was saying until I was given a full revelation of what transpired concerning the Koran and Mohammed, to ensure I got it right this time and not put myself in a position where I would yet have to come out to change my position again. Because I was really angry that I was allowed to come out with my initial position in the first place, despite that I had prayed just about all night to ensure I got it right, so as not to find myself misleading people.

But this has created a lot of tension between the Spirit of God and myself, as He has not given me a breather, but na so so "ba na so Koran" or the likes, so I have to come out by force to withdraw all my claims concerning what I said concerning the Koran, Mohammed, Islam and Allah of Islam. Because the Spirit in me has clearly shown Himself to have serious issues with the spirit behind the Koran, and this He has let me know in no unclear terms.

Though I'm not going to say anything categorically in this case until I get a full revelation concerning the Koran and it's source from God, it is obvious that it is not of the Spirit that dwells in me which gives me the utterances of tongues I speak.

Therefore I must apologize for misinterpreting the utterance He gave to me of "Koran" as His endorsement of Allah of Islam, for the error came from me, and my misinterpretation of His utterances, not from Him.

Moreover prior to this development, it seem He was already hinting at this error because the word "Christian" had recently become quite frequent in the utterances He gave me via tongues. So maybe it was an error He was in the process of correcting beforehand, since He lives in me, He couldn't afford for me to be associated with any contrary spirit, especially considering the extent to which He intends to use me on Earth.

Hence my coming out to withdraw everything I said in this respect, in the hope that it would pacify Him, and make Him to finally give me a breather.

God bless.

(1) (Reply)

Almighty God Is At It Again! / Timi Dakolo Calls Out COZA Pastor Over S*x With Church Members / Why Restitution Is Important After Salvation!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.