Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,030 members, 7,835,493 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:47 AM

The Wisdom That Count: Championing A New Pathway. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Wisdom That Count: Championing A New Pathway. (237 Views)

Meet The Nigerian Fashion Moguls Championing ‘Made In Africa’ Worldwide / Canada Opens New Pathway For Plumbers Carpenters, Welders From Nigeria, Others / Princess Adejoke Orelope-Adefulire: Championing Nigeria's SDG Achievements (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Wisdom That Count: Championing A New Pathway. by oloyi1: 10:03am On Feb 13, 2019
I looked intensely into the TV screen, the image of youngsters at big brother Ninja audition drew my concern, the picture stood glare like a gigantic edifice, it sticks to me like a stubborn stain.
My heart sank in pity, my minds think profusely, I justle between finding a cause and a cure, a looming danger makes me panted heavily. When young able men throng the street in thousands for an auditioning programme with limited opportunity, when youth ran in desperation to placate deeply rooted plight, when man swings passion for fight to survive and able man became a wanderer questing for the means to survive: the social contract that welded them into such unholy matrimony can be better divorced than retain.
Sustainable economy is one that lies on the shoulder of the people, the worst one is the one without a blue print. It is evidently cleared; taking a clue from the nation's economic status that her working blue print is faulty because it does not address the utilisation of her human resource. The high level of disregard to Human resources is enough to make one sick, we can only wonder why our greatest resource remain untapped. It is a deficiency in wisdom that can make anyone place human resources bellow other resources, human resource remain the most viable and all round valuable. When nation don't know what to do with her human resources, such a nation is as good as clueless. In Bill Gate message to Nigeria on 22 March , 2018, he affirmed: "The most important choice you make is to maximize your greatest resource, the Nigerian people", Nigeria will thrive when every Nigerian are able to thrive. Instead of developing our people and maximise our potential, we prefer milking the nature and scouting for earthly resources; about $ 340 million and an additional N 27 billion, was expended , searching for hydrocarbons in the Lake Chad Basin. Our human resources gallivant the street, I wonder if we ever conducted research on how to tap into them. Every other resources appreciate or depreciate base on time and circumstances but human resource remain ever valuable irrespective of time and circumstance.
One can begin to wonder why Africa with all her resources remain the poorest continent and house the highest number of at risk countries. Countries like Japan, Taiwan, Belgium, Singapore, South Korea, Hong Kong etc; thrive because their human resources is thriving... These countries are earthly barren but remain more prosperous than any of Africa country.
Research shows that, Africa is the world largest deposit of mineral resources and also the world headquarters of poverty; why the paradox: there is a gap in thinking and utilisation of human resources.
73% of world Diamond is In Africa, 89% of gold, 92% of platinum deposit (Wikipedia) the list continue. Africa with all her wealth cannot make herself wealthy; it is an irony.
Nigeria is blessed that it can become an autarchy but she gives no regard or gives absolute disregard to what can make her other resources function at optimal level. She is at the mercy of her enemy, she is weak, she pays no attention to growing herself from within.
To champion a new way out of this woebegone and servitude: there should be a shift in thinking, attention must be shifted from earthly mineral to human resources, Our technical school must be equipped, our university must live to it's essence of becoming a research centre indeed, every Nigerian must be skill at doing something, we must build Nigeria's economy on Nigeria's people, Nigerians must be the priority of governance, the economic; personal; community; political; health; food and environmental security of all Nigerians must be the ultimate goal of governance.

The fact of speech consist not in it's quantum but in it's pragmatism.
I am Thomkeno and I just want to edify minds (vote don't fight).

(1) (Reply)

How Buhari Saved Over N83 Billion Through Hajj Reforms / Vote The Right Candidate / A Thread For All Corp Members That Are Going To Be Ad-hoc Staff In Inec

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.