Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,830 members, 7,820,912 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:19 AM

No Pact Signed Over Second Term, Says Sanwo-olu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No Pact Signed Over Second Term, Says Sanwo-olu (430 Views)

Julius Berger Hands Over Second Niger Bridge To FG / 2023: There Was No Pact To Ceed The Presidency To South West - APC Leaders / Ambode Misses Out On Abuja Mansion Over Second-Term Denial (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

No Pact Signed Over Second Term, Says Sanwo-olu by happney65: 11:12am On Feb 13, 2019
Babajide Sanwo-Olu, the Lagos State governorship candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC), has dismissed signing any pact not to run for a second term as mere speculation.

Speaking on a television programme hosted by Channels Television, the governorship candidate said his victory at the polls was a done deal.

Sanwo-Olu said the celebration of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) over the turn-out of supporters and loyalists at campaigns was misplaced as crowds do not translate to votes. He insisted that the PDP could not assess his popularity by the crowd at its campaigns.

He said: "I think we need to understand that crowd during political rallies is not always the same as voting on election days. I can confirm to you that crowd is not the same as actual voting. A lot happens on the election days. Mobilisation of voters, for example, is a critical element of election. So, I’ll advise that the PDP should not jubilate over what they perceive as a large turnout at the Kano rally.

"I don’t know where the idea of pact or agreement came from. But I can tell you for a fact that there is nothing of such. I didn’t sign a deal with anyone. At any rate, there is only one term of four years on the INEC form, so it will be up to the people of Lagos State to determine whether I deserve another term based on my performance.”

When asked if he would run the state independent of external influence, Sanwo-Olu said he was an adult, old enough to take decisions and be his “own man”.

http://saharareporters.com/2019/02/13/no-pact-signed-over-second-term-says-sanwo-olu?fbclid=IwAR0KHOcRDrJlCJcwVqyywm6UrsbctwqyA9peXs_uSGHY6qu4rG9EfUACZ-c
Re: No Pact Signed Over Second Term, Says Sanwo-olu by Bukkiminat(f): 7:22pm On Feb 16, 2019
happney65, I can't possibly access my mail for now. Hope it isn't something urgent?
Re: No Pact Signed Over Second Term, Says Sanwo-olu by AtikuMeansJobs: 7:53pm On Feb 16, 2019
Change the change! We are Overwhelmingly
ATIKULATED !propaganda and lies dosent last forever, the old man succeeded in creating more enemies to himself than friends. he destroyed the living standards of Nigerians as a president than improving it.. history will repeat itself in 2019 when he will be defeated and jailed by Atiku. has anyone noticed that since he started fighting Atiku around September this year . Fulani herdsmen has been bombarding Adamawa state.
Re: No Pact Signed Over Second Term, Says Sanwo-olu by happney65: 8:38pm On Feb 16, 2019
Bukkiminat:
happney65, I can't possibly access my mail for now. Hope it isn't something urgent?

Nothing..Just wanna be friends.thats all.. grin grin grin..You live in Ibadan dont you?
Re: No Pact Signed Over Second Term, Says Sanwo-olu by Bukkiminat(f): 10:16pm On Feb 19, 2019
happney65:

Nothing..Just wanna be friends.thats all.. grin grin grin..You live in Ibadan dont you?

no, I don't. tongue

(1) (Reply)

Breaking: FG Applies For Arrest Warrant Against CJN Onnoghen / Breaking News Apc Next Level Beware / We Will Kill Anybody That Comes To Vote IPOB Threatens VIDEO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.