Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,129 members, 7,818,385 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:06 PM

10 Part-time Jobs For Upcoming Nollywood Actors - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / 10 Part-time Jobs For Upcoming Nollywood Actors (305 Views)

8 Nollywood Actors & What They Will Say When Their Wives Catch Them Cheating / Nollywood Actors And Actresses That Always Play The Same Role In Movies. / Script-writing For Nollywood: For All Upcoming Nollywood Movie Script-writers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

10 Part-time Jobs For Upcoming Nollywood Actors by VcStunner(m): 12:07pm On Feb 13, 2019
In one of our posts here i promised to bring you a list of hustles you can engage on the side to eke a living while keeping your acting dreams alive yeah? Ok so, the truth of the matter is that many of us have difficulty raising money to attend auditions, print headshots and in most cases feed ourselves on set during some of those "low budget" movies. Let me shock you, nobody takes acting as their only source of income both in Nollywood and Hollywood, and that is where the test of passion comes in! How humble and how far are you willing to go to actualize your acting dream?
Here are some things you can do on the side as an actor:

1. Home Teaching:
this has to be the most flexible part-time job any smart and dedicated person would do. find a subject you love, specialize on it, refresh your memory on it, go on to Tutor Nigeria and sign up. Or you can also tell a few of your church members to tell their friends. All you need might be just 3 families 2-days of 2hours session every week at N10k to N15k a month. Do the maths.

2. Gym Instructor/Private Trainer:
Strictly for fit actors. Am not joking guys, if you are looking just like a regular guy or lady out there, chances are no one might actually take you seriously. So come on stretch those packs and put them to use. You can choose to find your own clients or go to P-TEE and let them help you find some.

3. Hair Styling, Make-up, Manicure/ Pedicure:
Both sex, trust me, I know this business, and if you are good, you can earn as much as N7k minimum a day in a nice location for gents and above N10k for ladies. Some will argue of course, but permit me to teach you a concept called "upselling". It is a skill that lets you sell more services to clients who usually don't wouldn't ask for them. Convince him the new dye you have will help his damn bald head and he will likely jump at it and that's more money for you. Period. If you are good with twist and lock too, still more money! Make use of You-tube to learn new styles. Try unisex too... you know what? Just make the damn money of peoples hair!! Needless to say, you will have to decide when you want to work, just plan your schedule accordingly and you will be fine.

4. Creative Writing:
Although the money doesn't come daily but depends on how skillful you are. Writing can be very lucrative, be it guest blog posting, screenplay, script writing, editorials, as long as you are happy doing it and receiving the reward for it. Check out Freelancer and if you like what they do, sign up and make some money

5. Personal Assistant:
Best industry for an upcoming actor to serve as a personal assistant is in the movie industry, if you want to learn the trade, join the trade. Try Camera assistant, Sound Assistant, Production assistant, just assist fam! You will learn things, skills and the business of film making. And you will get paid.

6. Video Editing:
Don't be scared, nobody is saying you have to start editing movies yet. Look, it is the era of short clips and demo reels, monologue challenges and online skits. Why not learn some video editing skills and "help" your colleagues at the most unbeatable prices while perfecting your skills for the big league in the future. Sounds like a good idea? You welcome!

7. Graphic Design:
You know the age we are in right? the last audition information you got on your whatsapp media was graphic design. Someone got paid for that. Next time, let them go through you! If you don't have the skill, the good thing is that you can learn it in a day! Worried you may not have enough client? Says the man who hasn't even learned the skill. Again, go to Freelancer and get some.

8. Photography:
This is not a debate fam, just get a nice camera. You can start with your colleagues at the audition venues and perfect your skills until events start paying for your contract fees. And if you don't have a camera, I advise you check for Cameras for Sale and select a good one.

9. Taxi:
No am not talking about the yellow cab in Anambra and Lagos or the blue ones in Asaba and PH, am talking about Uber or Taxify Although, this will mainly be an option for those residing in Abuja, Lagos or Port-Harcourt, but not to lose hope because soon internet taxi will be everywhere in Nigeria's major cities.

I wanted to make it a list of 10 but I figured I should keep it to my self. That's for me and me alone, but if you want it, you can indicate in the comment section. i will email it privately.

Source:
https://vhfilm..com/2019/02/10-part-time-jobs-for-upcoming.html

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Flash / Bbnaija Reunion : Alex Burst Into Tears After Her Discussion With Cee C / This Movie Will Keep You At The Edge Of Your Seat.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.