Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,200 members, 7,839,086 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 01:33 PM

When Will A Nigerian Music Artiste Bring A Grammy Award? - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / When Will A Nigerian Music Artiste Bring A Grammy Award? (481 Views)

10 Iconic Rappers That Have Never Won A Grammy Award / De-Code: "Why No Afropop Artistes Can Win A Grammy" / 100 Nigerian Music Artistes And Their Real Names ( See List ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Will A Nigerian Music Artiste Bring A Grammy Award? by s4lent9ja: 1:45pm On Feb 13, 2019
It's barely 24hours after the 61st annual Grammy Awards was held at the Staples Center in Los Angeles, United States of America. Before this time, the optimism of the music lovers in Nigeria was higher than the tallest mountain in the world because one of our own music artistes, Seun Kuti was nominated for the awards in category of Best World Album .

READ FULL ARTICLE HERE: https://www.weares4lent.com/when-will-a-nigerian-music-artiste-bring-a-grammy-award/
Re: When Will A Nigerian Music Artiste Bring A Grammy Award? by okwabayi(m): 3:25pm On Feb 13, 2019
Nigerians have won Grammy awards.
Sade I think has a few.
There is also a British based Nigerian musician who has.
If you’re thinking of D’Banj, Wizkid, Timaya and Davido I believe you should not get your hopes up.
Re: When Will A Nigerian Music Artiste Bring A Grammy Award? by s4lent9ja: 8:27am On Feb 14, 2019
Yes Sade has won, but she is British based and doesn't do songs in her native language. I am referring to the people that you have mentioned below.

Why you say don't get my hopes up, you really don't believe these guys can win grammy? Afrobeats is one of the fastest growing genres right now in the US. You will be surprised that these guys love our music despite not understanding the language. I have witnessed this and was shocked that they even knew the lyrics word for word. But why do you think it's not possible for someone like Davido or Wizkid to win a grammy?

okwabayi:
Nigerians have won Grammy awards.
Sade I think has a few.
There is also a British based Nigerian musician who has.
If you’re thinking of D’Banj, Wizkid, Timaya and Davido I believe you should not get your hopes up.
Re: When Will A Nigerian Music Artiste Bring A Grammy Award? by OKorowanta: 8:35am On Feb 14, 2019
After the devil repent.
Re: When Will A Nigerian Music Artiste Bring A Grammy Award? by s4lent9ja: 10:25am On Feb 16, 2019
Davido has the potential to win a grammy. Is is breaking records non stop!

(1) (Reply)

Mercy Johnson Full Biography, Awards And Nominations / Alex In Tears As She Gets A Car From Her Fans On Her 23rd Birthday / 'Comedians Quit Comedy To Watch True Comedy, Nigeria' - Bovi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.