Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,728 members, 7,816,994 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:27 PM

Love And Inter-tribal Marriage: The Sad Reality - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Love And Inter-tribal Marriage: The Sad Reality (1713 Views)

Christian Marriage: The God's Ordained Will Or Permissive Will of man ? / Pastor Essa Ogory's Death: A Sad Lesson On Believing A One-Sided Story / Marriage; The New Testament's Perspective (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Love And Inter-tribal Marriage: The Sad Reality by Noneroone(m): 8:29pm On Feb 13, 2019
I have seen posts where people were asked whether they could go into an inter- tribal marriage and some ignorantly answered yes. Most of those who said yes backed it up with their misguided understanding of love, and some, on civilization. I heard things like “love conquers all” “when you’re in love” “na where love carry you” “love has no barrier”. I have even seen some nollywood movies trying to promote this lately. My intention is not to hurt or judge those who already are into such unions but to disabuse some of our people’s mind from the belief that inter -tribal marriage is cool.
Firstly, the truth is most people don’t know what love truly means. What most people call love is just romantic attraction. They have an amorous depiction of love which does not last. I asked a guy who swore that he ‘loves’ his fiancée whether he would still marry her if her both legs were amputated after an accident, he frankly said no. I told him “you don’t love her, what you share is attraction”. Many marriages have collapsed because they began on emotional footing. The truth is that love is not something you fall into. Anything you fall into such as temptation Sin and “love” is not of God. Sampson fell in love with Delilah, Solomon loved foreign women but we all know the end. Love is not a feeling that overwhelms, It a choice, a decision, a commitment and, an act of will. You chose and learn to love just like hate. That is why it is always given by God as a command eg love you neighbor, husband love your wife.
Falling in love is not biblical, and it’s not a valid reason for marriage. In other words, love happens inside marriage not before it. Marriage is quite bigger than love and it lasts till death. This is why it so important that you set aside emotion and consider natural pillars and avoid issues that can stress a union. Love comes in to bind and seal these natural and tangible elements and help the union hold together. If love is all that matters, it means the marriage ends when couple ’fall out’ of love.
When on a very important journey, would you rather take a beautiful venza headed to somewhere else than taking a modest bus heading to your destination?. Of course taking the bus will make your journey successful but the venza that caught your fancy will keep you stranded in a strange destination. The venza decision is emotional while that of bus is hinged on reason.
One of, if not the most important criteria for a successful marriage is culture and value compatibility. It is God who created every tribe and tongue( Acts 17:26) (Deut 32: 8 ) this wasn’t an act of tribalism. values and ideas about marriage vary across cultures, yet every Tribe is right in their own culture and values .The friction only comes when one tries to mix their different values and bloodline through marriage. Hence GOD instructed his people to marry from among themselves (Deut 7:1-3) (Num 36:6) (Num 12:1) (Gen 28:1)(Ezra 9:12). Moreover, every girl is trained in a specific cultural and religious environment and can only find her niche within her own tribe. Marriage is not just about the two persons involved. When you marry a man, the man’s people become your people, his language, god, culture become yours. There is no such thing as “respect each others’ culture” in marriage, otherwise you are no longer really married. There is more to marital bliss than your husband’s love. This includes enjoying through marriage those social privileges your culture gives to your new status as married women, which you were born to appreciate and cherish, and which has shaped your personality. This will not make much sense to you if you marry out your ethnic group and as such, affect your happiness in the long run. With these, those who like to think otherwise can see that Marriage is almost absolutely cultural.
Again, do you know there is a connection between marriage and ethnic loyalty? Men who marry from outside their ethnic group shy away from ethnic nationalism and things that promote the uniqueness of their ethnic groups. They brand such things “tribalism” but we know their actions are not normal…this is why God spoke against it in Joshua (23:12-13)
Again, Wives are called helpers. They help their husband achieve their purpose. Can an Igbo woman (or vice versa) ‘help’ make her Yoruba children functional members of the Yoruba society when she knows nothing about their culture? No. compatibility plays an all-important role in the success of a marriage and sharing same value is the first step towards that. In inter tribal marriage, conflict of culture and value happen right there within a family, which even defeats the essence of the family
To be clear, there are issues generally common to marriage but these ones highlighted are peculiar to inter-tribal marriages, and when added to the general ones make inter-ethnic marriage very much likely to fail. This explains why they fail more. The silent majority are struggling to hold together.
What is more is the fate of the children. They suffer from identity crisis. Theirs is a spirit yearning for a full sense of belonging from either of the two different cultures and identity which meet in their own family. Conflicting social identity is not healthy to an individual’s sense of self realization. Most offspring of mixed marriages naturally don’t involve deeply in their fathers society and culture. This is why they end up being open to intertribal marriage, again continuing the cycle of ‘normlessness’.
Don’t be deceived. Not everything popular is right. Peoples future are not built on fables fantasies and fiction. Most important decisions of life are not taken for political correctness. If you start what you can’t finish, what you started will finish you. Those married should try and make it work while those about to should look before they leap.

OAM4J Lalasticlala mynd44 Pls wider publicity is needed
Re: Love And Inter-tribal Marriage: The Sad Reality by Chipink(f): 8:52pm On Feb 13, 2019
Inter tribal marriage is bullshit, not of my relative especially my direct relative will engage in such.

Most times when u look deep into inter tribal marriages u will see one of the partners is really enduring and paying the price just for the marriage to work
Re: Love And Inter-tribal Marriage: The Sad Reality by Nobody: 4:42pm On Feb 14, 2019
Hmmmm....
Interesting and I agree with a few of your points (being a product (from a union) of two different cultures and my challenge with fully identifying with both..still don't have that conquered just yet).
But...
It would seem to me (if we're talking from a spiritual standpoint) that spirituality/religion would transcend culture in a Godly marriage (at least from a Christianity viewpoint).
Yes, there will be some differences and challenges (which are normal); however two people from separate tribes who fundamentally agree within the dictates/doctrines of their religion should be able to peacefully and happily live a fulfilling life on this earth.
To me, inter-tribal "mixed religions" marriages would be the most problematic because of fundamental differences.
Ex. Christianity and Islam have non-negotiable fundamental differences.
Atheism and Christianity (Islam, Buddhism, Hinduism etc) have non-negotiable fundamental differences...and so forth.
But how would a marriage between a Christian Igbo man/woman and Christian Yoruba man/woman be a problem though, if what fundamentally unites them (in one accord) is Christ and His message?
Can't the Christian Yoruba wife learn some of the Christian Igbo husband's customs and vice versa?
God was instructing His children to marry within their religious beliefs and not outside of Him (no marriages between unbelievers and believers)..which is where Samson and King Solomon made grave mistakes.
God was not against inter-tribal marriages..ex. Moses and Zipporah.
It's a lot more of a society/human thing to stay within one's own "race/group/tribe" cause familiarity is simply more comfortable...(and I understand that).

I don't get though, how your " tribal separation" doctrine will unite Nigeria as one...if inter-tribal marriages should never exist?
Am I missing something?
Re: Love And Inter-tribal Marriage: The Sad Reality by Julivas(m): 2:13pm On Feb 15, 2019
[quote author=Mobilia post=75729622]Hmmmm....
Interesting and I agree with a few of your points (being a product (from a union) of two different cultures and my challenge with fully identifying with both..still don't have that conquered just yet).
But...
It would seem to me (if we're talking from a spiritual standpoint) that spirituality/religion would transcend culture in a Godly marriage (at least from a Christianity viewpoint).
Yes, there will be some differences and challenges (which are normal); however two people from separate tribes who fundamentally agree within the dictates/doctrines of their religion should be able to peacefully and happily live a fulfilling life on this earth.
To me, inter-tribal "mixed religions" marriages would be the most problematic because of fundamental differences.
Atheism and Christianity (Islam, Buddhism, Hinduism etc) have non-negotiable fundamental differences...and so forth.
But how would a marriage between a Christian Igbo man/woman and Christian Yoruba man/woman be a problem though, if what fundamentally unites them (in one accord) is Christ and His message?
Can't the Christian Yoruba wife learn some of the Christian Igbo husband's customs and vice versa?
God was instructing His children to marry within their religious beliefs and not outside of Him (no marriages between unbelievers and believers)..which is where Samson and King Solomon made grave mistakes.
It's a lot more of a society/human thing to stay within one's own "race/group/tribe" cause familiarity is simply more comfortable...(and I understand that).

I don't get though, how your " tribal separation" doctrine will unite Nigeria as one...if inter-tribal marriages should never exist?
Am I missing something?[/quote

Your last paragraph .....
There is inter-tribal marriage in Nigeria, especially amongst the youth Corp Members during the compulsory one year national youth service.
Re: Love And Inter-tribal Marriage: The Sad Reality by Nobody: 8:52pm On Feb 15, 2019
Julivas:
[/quote]

Your last paragraph .....
There is inter-tribal marriage in Nigeria, especially amongst the youth Corp Members during the compulsory one year national youth service.

Oh ok...( many marry during the youth Corp military time).
I guess during that "intense"-if I may use that word- time, tribe doesn't matter cause
if Nigerians are training to fight (if necessary) for their (1) country, tribal differences are non-existent.
shouldn't matter too much.
But he was saying that
several of the inter-tribal marriages have been silently suffering because of tribal/cultural differences
too deep to work through...which is interesting.
Re: Love And Inter-tribal Marriage: The Sad Reality by Obi1kenobi(m): 9:49pm On Feb 15, 2019
Wow. I wouldn't even know where to start to address the avalanche of nonsensical claims in this article.
The worst was the claim that "God created every tribe and tongue". The typical ignorant lunacy that is spread by the cult influence of religion and asserted with confidence. You think the language you speak was magically invented in the sky rather than socially evolving over centuries and millenia of human civilization? grin A reason that languages in geographical clusters are more closely related than languages from further regions - which is why we have something called "language families" where geographically close speak languages in the same family of languages, even if the languages are distinct.
Studying the history of the English language alone, and the influence that Greek and Latin (languages of learning centuries ago), and French (from the Norman conquests of the British Isles), and Germanic influences (from Viking conquerors) had on today's modern language that you speak and write should have been enough debunk the nonsensical theory that God manufactured languages in the sky and threw them down for different people to learn.
The concept of "tribe" is just as malleable. Human beings through history have diverged from common roots through migration and splintered and evolved new identities. God did not invent any tribe either. Human civilization over tens of thousands of years evolved ethnic identities.

Many of you religious people need to be a little more intellectually curious about the world you live in. About history. About science. About anthropology. About geography. Burying yourselves in Bible myths of the Jewish people does not educate you about the world you live in. The world is a very complex place, and its complexity is not explained by the Garden of Eden or the Tower of Babel and all the children's entertainment stories you read in the Bible.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Love And Inter-tribal Marriage: The Sad Reality by morpheus24: 10:06pm On Feb 15, 2019
Noneroone:

Firstly, the truth is most people don’t know what love truly means. What most people call love is just romantic attraction. They have an amorous depiction of love which does not last. I asked a guy who swore that he ‘loves’ his fiancée whether he would still marry her if her both legs were amputated after an accident, he frankly said no. I told him “you don’t love her, what you share is attraction”. Many marriages have collapsed because they began on emotional footing. The truth is that love is not something you fall into. Anything you fall into such as temptation Sin and “love” is not of God. Sampson fell in love with Delilah, Solomon loved foreign women but we all know the end. Love is not a feeling that overwhelms, It a choice, a decision, a commitment and, an act of will. You chose and learn to love just like hate. That is why it is always given by God as a command eg love you neighbor, husband love your wife.
Falling in love is not biblical, and it’s not a valid reason for marriage. In other words, love happens inside marriage not before it. Marriage is quite bigger than love and it lasts till death. This is why it so important that you set aside emotion and consider natural pillars and avoid issues that can stress a union. Love comes in to bind and seal these natural and tangible elements and help the union hold together. If love is all that matters, it means the marriage ends when couple ’fall out’ of love.
When on a very important journey, would you rather take a beautiful venza headed to somewhere else than taking a modest bus heading to your destination?. Of course taking the bus will make your journey successful but the venza that caught your fancy will keep you stranded in a strange destination. The venza decision is emotional while that of bus is hinged on reason.
One of, if not the most important criteria for a successful marriage is culture and value compatibility. It is God who created every tribe and tongue( Acts 17:26) (Deut 32: 8 ) this wasn’t an act of tribalism. values and ideas about marriage vary across cultures, yet every Tribe is right in their own culture and values .The friction only comes when one tries to mix their different values and bloodline through marriage. Hence GOD instructed his people to marry from among themselves (Deut 7:1-3) (Num 36:6) (Num 12:1) (Gen 28:1)(Ezra 9:12). Moreover, every girl is trained in a specific cultural and religious environment and can only find her niche within her own tribe. Marriage is not just about the two persons involved. When you marry a man, the man’s people become your people, his language, god, culture become yours. There is no such thing as “respect each others’ culture” in marriage, otherwise you are no longer really married. There is more to marital bliss than your husband’s love. This includes enjoying through marriage those social privileges your culture gives to your new status as married women, which you were born to appreciate and cherish, and which has shaped your personality. This will not make much sense to you if you marry out your ethnic group and as such, affect your happiness in the long run. With these, those who like to think otherwise can see that Marriage is almost absolutely cultural.
Again, do you know there is a connection between marriage and ethnic loyalty? Men who marry from outside their ethnic group shy away from ethnic nationalism and things that promote the uniqueness of their ethnic groups. They brand such things “tribalism” but we know their actions are not normal…this is why God spoke against it in Joshua (23:12-13)
Again, Wives are called helpers. They help their husband achieve their purpose. Can an Igbo woman (or vice versa) ‘help’ make her Yoruba children functional members of the Yoruba society when she knows nothing about their culture? No. compatibility plays an all-important role in the success of a marriage and sharing same value is the first step towards that. In inter tribal marriage, conflict of culture and value happen right there within a family, which even defeats the essence of the family
To be clear, there are issues generally common to marriage but these ones highlighted are peculiar to inter-tribal marriages, and when added to the general ones make inter-ethnic marriage very much likely to fail. This explains why they fail more. The silent majority are struggling to hold together.
What is more is the fate of the children. They suffer from identity crisis. Theirs is a spirit yearning for a full sense of belonging from either of the two different cultures and identity which meet in their own family. Conflicting social identity is not healthy to an individual’s sense of self realization. Most offspring of mixed marriages naturally don’t involve deeply in their fathers society and culture. This is why they end up being open to intertribal marriage, again continuing the cycle of ‘normlessness’.
Don’t be deceived. Not everything popular is right. Peoples future are not built on fables fantasies and fiction. Most important decisions of life are not taken for political correctness. If you start what you can’t finish, what you started will finish you. Those married should try and make it work while those about to should look before they leap.

OAM4J Lalasticlala mynd44 Pls wider publicity is needed

The s.t.u.pidest religious and bigoted gibberish I have ever read. The person that wrote tis cannot be over 30 because it reeks of infantile thought and un-rational thought.

Love is an emotion therefore it is an emotional response to a physical, psychological and spiritutal connection one develops with another human being driven by natural hormones that enhances the experience.

Marriage is different from love, it is an institutional body created to facilitate and propagate life in a meaningful and constructive manner that helps further a societies norms.

Tribes,ethnic groups, religious beliefs, creeds, and the likes are social constructs that also help foster societies which is why they are interlinked in the choice of your marriage partner.

IF they put a black man, a white woman, a jewish man an arab muslim, a catholic Asian etc on a deserted island and left them to their own demise, they would create a brand new race, a brand new culture with brand new systems and a brand new religion that would foster their survival and existence and would " fall in love" with each other as a function of proximity and attraction.

The poster of this thread is a child and best and a blind religious I.diot at worst

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Love And Inter-tribal Marriage: The Sad Reality by Noneroone(m): 11:41pm On Feb 15, 2019
Mobilia:
Hmmmm....
But...
most things that keep a marriage going aren't connected to spirtuality. eg however godly a woman is if she is a terrible cook or the dirty type the marriage will suffer. let's not forget the part where it is stated that a man shall cling unto his wife and they become one FLESH (not spirit) or the part were the wife is asked to submitt to the husband in everything (not just the spiritual). so analyzing it from the standpoint of religion wouldn't do justice to it

it is not just about the religion, value as a whole has a role to play. most times the simplest aspects of our behavior which we underrate can cause misunderstanding when used beyond our culture.eg shrugging is a European thing, while the tufiakwa sign is an African thing. language, gestures, mannerism are essential in our everyday relationship. Any conflict in them can abridge the flow of communication in a marriage, leading to misunderstanding and mistrust. If these natural obstacles are not given adequate consideration, they could sunder a union faster than the most committed human enemy
of course not true. Isaac asked Jacob to get a wife from among his people. Aaron spoke against moses in Numbers 12

Am I missing something?
politics is out of it
Re: Love And Inter-tribal Marriage: The Sad Reality by Noneroone(m): 11:49pm On Feb 15, 2019
morpheus24:

The s.t.u.pidest religious and bigoted gibberish I have ever read. The person that wrote tis cannot be over 30 because it reeks of infantile thought and un-rational thought.

Love is an emotion therefore it is an emotional response to a physical, psychological and spiritutal connection one develops with another human being driven by natural hormones that enhances the experience.

Marriage is different from love, it is an institutional body created to facilitate and propagate life in a meaningful and constructive manner that helps further a societies norms.

Tribes,ethnic groups, religious beliefs, creeds, and the likes are social constructs that also help foster societies which is why they are interlinked in the choice of your marriage partner.

IF they put a black man, a white woman, a jewish man an arab muslim, a catholic Asian etc on a deserted island and left them to their own demise, they would create a brand new race, a brand new culture with brand new systems and a brand new religion that would foster their survival and existence and would " fall in love" with each other as a function of proximity and attraction.

The poster of this thread is a child and best and a blind religious I.diot at worst
" Marriage is different from love, it is an institutional body created to" created by who? by you or GOD that you don't believe in.

If it ain't hurt it is not the truth.
Re: Love And Inter-tribal Marriage: The Sad Reality by Noneroone(m): 11:52pm On Feb 15, 2019
Obi1kenobi:
Wow. I wouldn't even know where to start to address the avalanche of nonsensical claims in this article.
The worst was the claim that "God created every tribe and tongue". The typical ignorant lunacy that is spread by the cult influence of religion and asserted with confidence. You think the language you speak was magically invented in the sky rather than socially evolving over centuries and millenia of human civilization? grin A reason that languages in geographical clusters are more closely related than languages from further regions - which is why we have something called "language families" where geographically close speak languages in the same family of languages, even if the languages are distinct.
Studying the history of the English language alone, and the influence that Greek and Latin (languages of learning centuries ago), and French (from the Norman conquests of the British Isles), and Germanic influences (from Viking conquerors) had on today's modern language that you speak and write should have been enough debunk the nonsensical theory that God manufactured languages in the sky and threw them down for different people to learn.
The concept of "tribe" is just as malleable. Human beings through history have diverged from common roots through migration and splintered and evolved new identities. God did not invent any tribe either. Human civilization over tens of thousands of years evolved ethnic identities.

Many of you religious people need to be a little more intellectually curious about the world you live in. About history. About science. About anthropology. About geography. Burying yourselves in Bible myths of the Jewish people does not educate you about the world you live in. The world is a very complex place, and its complexity is not explained by the Garden of Eden or the Tower of Babel and all the children's entertainment stories you read in the Bible.
easy! facts are stubborn things. Aren't you same person as morpheus24? grin
Re: Love And Inter-tribal Marriage: The Sad Reality by Obi1kenobi(m): 1:21am On Feb 16, 2019
Noneroone:
easy! facts are stubborn things. Aren't you same person as morpheus24? grin

You think the infantile ramblings in the OP are "facts"? grin I feel sorry for you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Love And Inter-tribal Marriage: The Sad Reality by Noneroone(m): 1:37am On Feb 16, 2019
Obi1kenobi:

You think the infantile ramblings in the OP are "facts"? grin I feel sorry for you.
same "ramblings" that is keeping you awake?

2 Likes

Re: Love And Inter-tribal Marriage: The Sad Reality by OneNigerianist: 10:49pm On Jan 13, 2020
Great write-ups. I've never been a fan of mixed marriages
Re: Love And Inter-tribal Marriage: The Sad Reality by OneNigerianist: 10:50pm On Jan 13, 2020
morpheus24:

dude why are you unsettled?
Re: Love And Inter-tribal Marriage: The Sad Reality by morpheus24: 11:22pm On Jan 13, 2020
OneNigerianist:
dude why are you unsettled?

What is unsettling about the response. Is the logic too difficult for you to decipher?
Re: Love And Inter-tribal Marriage: The Sad Reality by OneNigerianist: 5:54am On Jan 14, 2020
morpheus24:

What is unsettling about the response. Is the logic too difficult for you to decipher?
throwing around abuses is logic to you?
Re: Love And Inter-tribal Marriage: The Sad Reality by morpheus24: 4:17pm On Jan 14, 2020
OneNigerianist:
throwing around abuses is logic to you?

The only abusive word used in my whole write up was "st.u.pidest". The rest is obviously too complex for you to decipher.

If you don't have anything to add to the subject matter I suggest you close that hole in your face.
Re: Love And Inter-tribal Marriage: The Sad Reality by OneNigerianist: 1:19pm On Jan 16, 2020
morpheus24:

If you don't have anything to add to the subject matter I suggest you close that hole in your face.
calm down bro. you still sound hysterical
Re: Love And Inter-tribal Marriage: The Sad Reality by morpheus24: 3:56pm On Jan 16, 2020
OneNigerianist:
calm down bro. you still sound hysterical

How can I sound hysterical when you can't hear my voice??

Guy shift left!
Re: Love And Inter-tribal Marriage: The Sad Reality by Professorcplus(m): 6:24pm On Jan 16, 2020
Obi1kenobi:

This is the best piece of word I've ever heard this week. Kudos bro. Most so called believers just accept some fairly tale stories, one sided stories written to suit and make appealing some mischievous concept to convince (deceive) the masses.

Only few people I've come across who have this type of intellectual reasoning. The era I discovered humans are good at twisting words/account to favour their beliefs and interest it's was then I was beginning to become more curious of every story/event I was told from child hood. To make matter worse, you heard supposed MOG claiming *God called him prophesying false prophesies when I particularly knows he has a clue on the matter. To make matter worse the prophesy eventually never come true. Why then put *God in the picture.

I sat my self down and seek useful information within my reach about any topic either documentary or histories from different sources on past and recent accounts. I became little more intellectually curious about the world I lived and this really opened my understanding.

In case some people hear are ignorant about the world you live seek info from other sources aside from the one ones you already known in your religion belief. To know the mystery of the world you have to be open minded and but aside any cultural, religious belief aside. I'm sure you connect the dots yourself. The problem with most people is that they base their conclusions only from one source. You hate yourself when you later hear another version of same account enlighten what the previous source never talk about.

If what I'm saying isn't clear enough. Let me give you a scenario. You're in a class of pupils and suddenly a fight burst among them. If as a teacher that doesn't have any clue on what happened stepped in at the moment and asked them what causes their fight. Without taking sides based on the pupil you love best and disregarding any personal relationships issues I believe as an intellectual teacher you listen to everyone side of the event involved. One thing is certain, every student will do give the tales to favour their own act. The ability to scrutinize their words properly, observing their countenance, posture, motive, interest and other factors makes gives a better principle to with intellectual reasoning and you know what really transpire before you came into the scene. You did this without involving *God. Well it's more of work of detective so respect one especially if he/she is well intellectual.

The problem with most religious books is that they claim where directed from *God. In as much as its men that pen it down then it's is subjected to human thinking ability because the human in the first place has his understanding limit and flaws but easily covered by God said so. That why when some mystery is beyond human thinking capacity as at the era of writing, the story become twisted with *God.

Be enlightened! it's for your usefulness. Read, listen to videos (YouTube is more elaborate if you use public data) Most mysteries have been trashed out just like the way magic trick have been exposed. All those stories like

history before Christ Bc (10,000 downward)
lots turn pillar salt( Pompeii volcanic disaster)
Ancient Babylonian history before Daniel and after
Roman Empire documentaries before and after Jesus birth. (both rise and fall)
Egyptian history and defeat
history of different language on earth,
The Persian emperor documentary (rise and fall)
Rise and fall of Jerusalem BC/AC
The crusade defeat in Jerusalem

by...Sequence of history from 1200-1945

constantino..church defeated by Arab
French war with British
ottoman empire
First and Second World

just a simple search on google/youtube. I purposely use those event as most people has a sided stories on some of the events
all this are few but which ever event account you choose history has a way of linking itself because it's hard to twist history why? there's evidence that shows for it up till now.

#modify
Re: Love And Inter-tribal Marriage: The Sad Reality by Professorcplus(m): 8:36pm On Jan 16, 2020
Noneroone:
I have seen posts where people were asked whether they could go into an inter- tribal marriage and some ignorantly answered yes.

why not. Why bring out issues out of nothing. Afterall I'm living witness one of my lecturers back in uni is an Igbo Christian married from the core north a Muslim wife. How did he manage to pull through it. He's an intellectual man and religion and tribe isn't a barrier to him as long as they have mutual understanding.

Noneroone:

Sampson fell in love with Delilah, Solomon loved foreign women but we all know the end. Love is not a feeling that overwhelms, It a choice, a decision, a commitment and, an act of will. You chose and learn to love just like hate. That is why it is always given by God as a command eg love you neighbor, husband love your wife.
Falling in love is not biblical, and it’s not a valid reason for marriage. In other words, love happens inside marriage not before it.

I pains me when right men in their right senses abide to live all your life by some certain rules that doesn't pertain or relates to your current circumstance in reality in any way. In as much as I detest referencing any Bible tales because you said it that our culture and tribes differs so what as Samson or Solomon era love story has to do with today's society relationship.

Either you agree or not the Bible was also influenced by the custom and culture of it era. So every man to himself.

I'm not hear to convince you otherwise but at times when you are caught with some real life situations you stop living every bit of your life following some biblical patterns that doesn't relate to you.

That how someone said to my lady wearing trouser not biblical for whenever reasons I don't care to know. When you come over to stay in Canada when temp is -7, but on skirt now. No one will tell you when cold reset your brain.

You abide to one biblical law and and ignores the other.

You even said falling in love is not biblical. Well I don't have problem with that statement but you are so good as being one sided with biblical terms. What will be your response telling you that having phone with you is not biblical.

I would have responded to every bit of your write up but I got time for other important stuff.
When I'm less busy I'm still coming to modify.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Love And Inter-tribal Marriage: The Sad Reality by CAPSLOCKED: 5:52pm On Jan 20, 2020
this one is promoting tribalism with the aid of the Bible. that's fair. but you know something about these miscreants?
their "do not marry any other tribes" chant only apply to other Nigerians because of the hate and envy they nurse in their hearts for their fellow Nigerians.

they'd prefer to get married to the poorest Vietnam or Haitian man instead of their fellow Nigerian.

they will make up excuses to go ahead with the Nigerian if he or she is very rich though. so who is fooling the other? .

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Love And Inter-tribal Marriage: The Sad Reality by nlPoster: 6:09pm On Jan 20, 2020
Re: Love And Inter-tribal Marriage: The Sad Reality by nlPoster: 6:13pm On Jan 20, 2020
Can an Igbo woman (or vice versa) ‘help’ make her Yoruba children functional members of the Yoruba society when she knows nothing about their culture?

Cultural values held by children depends on if the parents' individual heritages are matrilineal or patrilineal.

For Yorubas, it's patrilineal so the fathers most times ensure the kids are familiar with his culture. If the mum is from a strongly matrilineal society, then the kids would be closer to her own heritage.

My opinion.
Re: Love And Inter-tribal Marriage: The Sad Reality by Noneroone(m): 9:47pm On Jan 26, 2020
Professorcplus:

why not. Why bring out issues out of nothing. Afterall I'm living witness one of my lecturers back in uni is an Igbo Christian married from the core north a Muslim wife. How did he manage to pull through it. He's an intellectual man and religion and tribe isn't a barrier to him as long as they have mutual understanding.

I pains me when right men in their right senses abide to live all your life by some certain rules that doesn't pertain or relates to your current circumstance in reality in any way. In as much as I detest referencing any Bible tales because you said it that our culture and tribes differs so what as Samson or Solomon era love story has to do with today's society relationship.

Either you agree or not the Bible was also influenced by the custom and culture of it era. So every man to himself.

I'm not hear to convince you otherwise but at times when you are caught with some real life situations you stop living every bit of your life following some biblical patterns that doesn't relate to you.

That how someone said to my lady wearing trouser not biblical for whenever reasons I don't care to know. When you come over to stay in Canada when temp is -7, but on skirt now. No one will tell you when cold reset your brain.

You abide to one biblical law and and ignores the other.

You even said falling in love is not biblical. Well I don't have problem with that statement but you are so good as being one sided with biblical terms. What will be your response telling you that having phone with you is not biblical.

I would have responded to every bit of your write up but I got time for other important stuff.
When I'm less busy I'm still coming to modify.
kindly make yourself clear
Re: Love And Inter-tribal Marriage: The Sad Reality by Noneroone(m): 9:52pm On Jan 26, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:
this one is promoting tribalism with the aid of the Bible. that's fair. but you know something about these miscreants?
their "do not marry any other tribes" chant only apply to other Nigerians because of the hate and envy they nurse in their hearts for their fellow Nigerians.

they'd prefer to get married to the poorest Vietnam or Haitian man instead of their fellow Nigerian.

they will make up excuses to go ahead with the Nigerian if he or she is very rich though. so who is fooling the other? .
you obviously have nothing reasonable to write other than throw curses around and use the word " tribalism" as a psychological weapon of blackmail, even when you hardly understand it's meaning.
Re: Love And Inter-tribal Marriage: The Sad Reality by Noneroone(m): 10:33pm On Jan 26, 2020
nlPoster:

Cultural values held by children depends on if the parents' individual heritages are matrilineal or patrilineal.

For Yorubas, it's patrilineal so the fathers most times ensure the kids are familiar with his culture. If the mum is from a strongly matrilineal society, then the kids would be closer to her own heritage.

My opinion.
yea its patrilineal but the children will only get to be familiar with their yoruba heritage if their mother is yoruba. across cultures children lean towards mothers. The influence of the mother in the early stage of childhood is big. The father can only achieve the important dream of having a child following his cultural footprint if his cultural values and that of his wife cling together in symphony.
Re: Love And Inter-tribal Marriage: The Sad Reality by tpiar: 1:08am On Jan 27, 2020
In Yorubaland, the father passes on his culture to his children.

I dont know how it's done in nairaland though.

(1) (Reply)

Making Love During Fasting And Praying / Ciniraj Mohamed - Indian Muslim Meets Jesus Christ / Why Do Pastor's Need Body Guard In Church.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 141
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.