Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,771 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:55 AM

Listening Into Others Prayers In Church. Good Or Bad - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Listening Into Others Prayers In Church. Good Or Bad (4570 Views)

Alcohol: good Or Evil. What The Bible Really Says. / Females Putting On Trouser To Church:good/bad / Christians Protecting Muslims During Their Prayers In Egypt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Listening Into Others Prayers In Church. Good Or Bad by yommyuk: 9:02am On Aug 24, 2010
I have been around the block and have notice a common trend in churches. Sometimes during prayer sessions, some so called christians delibrately stop praying and try to ear drop into ones prayer. Why? In my opinion it is intrusion into ones space. Communication with the Lord should be personal.

Have u experienced this before and what are your opinions?
Re: Listening Into Others Prayers In Church. Good Or Bad by sheilman: 9:13am On Aug 24, 2010
i think prayer is a bi-conversation between man and god; listening and talking to god in a spirit filled connection. so any one who listen into others prayer, i'll say too too bad, that means you've lost cocerntration,focus to you communication with god. and lol you don't know why you are in church.
Re: Listening Into Others Prayers In Church. Good Or Bad by yommyuk: 9:21am On Aug 24, 2010
Good point. Key word is FOCUS

However it is good to be aware of the battle ground you are venturing into. A warrior does not go into battle blindly. U have to be aware of the territory.
Re: Listening Into Others Prayers In Church. Good Or Bad by shesmondD: 12:17pm On Aug 24, 2010
suggest that those people are doing really wat they are there to do. to listen to another one 's prayer when you ur self are soppose to be very fervent in thesame prayer point. and in that way they increaseth their problem too.
Re: Listening Into Others Prayers In Church. Good Or Bad by eloii: 12:43pm On Aug 24, 2010
yes, it is very, very bad. Some people even open their eyes (that is one eye open and the other one close) in order 2 see people performance (if anointing is taking place of anytin that i cannot explain). God is very said about it
Re: Listening Into Others Prayers In Church. Good Or Bad by omar22(m): 12:56pm On Aug 24, 2010
Thats why you pray in tongues, The evil spirit wouldnt know what your praying for
Re: Listening Into Others Prayers In Church. Good Or Bad by MadMax1(f): 12:57pm On Aug 24, 2010
eloii:

yes, it is very, very bad. Some people even open their eyes (that is one eye open and the other one close) in order 2 see people performance (if anointing is taking place of anytin that i cannot explain). God is very said about it

How did you know their eyes were open, with your own eyes closed? grin
Re: Listening Into Others Prayers In Church. Good Or Bad by Spyker: 1:04pm On Aug 24, 2010
If you are praying silently and concentrating and someone who prays aloud disrupts your prayers with his, won't you hear his prayer? Except may be you are deaf. IMHO, prayer is supposed to be private if it is a private prayer hence I don't expect anybody to listen to me since it is my communication with God. In this sense, it is wrong to listen to someones prayer. But if it is a community or group prayer like crusade ground, church service where everyone is encourage to prayer aloud (the common open your mouth and pray), it is not improper to say you are listening to someones prayer.
Re: Listening Into Others Prayers In Church. Good Or Bad by watchme(f): 1:05pm On Aug 24, 2010
NEW GENERATION CHURCHS; the course of all these is shouting and making noise mistaken as being praying.

Jesus Christ our mentor never shouted while praying nor committed any nuisance, when he was asked by one of his fellowers; "Master teach us how to pray" He told them to go to a quit place and peacefully say "Our father, "

So any other shouting and making noise in the name of praying is a nuisance.
Re: Listening Into Others Prayers In Church. Good Or Bad by zenatta: 1:22pm On Aug 24, 2010
@POSTER

For effective prayer there must be a connection. You know when you have connected. Your soul, spirit knows it. And that is when peace comes. When I get to this level everything around ceases to exist. Its just  me and the God who dwells in heaven. I don't seriously approve of loud prayers except in bursts of warfare but if I must pray loudly and the unserious person who left home to play busy- body in church is listening, then ,too bad because pray I will. I am not going to condescend to correct his bad unholy behaviour. Wait, till he has a reason to pray,really pray then he will understand the reason why people solicit God.

sheilman:

i think prayer is a bi-conversation between man and god; listening and talking to god in a spirit filled connection. so any one who listen into others prayer, i'll say too too bad, that means you've lost cocerntration,focus to you communication with god. and lol you don't know why you are in church.

abi o
Re: Listening Into Others Prayers In Church. Good Or Bad by paris10: 1:25pm On Aug 24, 2010
Listen all,

No one wants to listen to any body's prayer deliberately, just a form of misinterpretation on the part of the complainant.

Don't you know that the more you raise your voice and increase the decibel, you're more likely to distract the person beside you!. Because your voice tend to overshadow that of your neighbour, they automatically lower their voice, and thereby  prompting you to think they did that on purpose to listen to what you're saying to Baba God.

Enough of this preconceived and ignorant ideas. And even if they do listen to your prayers, you might unwittingly be  helping them to pray the right way! A lot of folks out there don't know how to pray, your zealousness and kaboski might help them you know.
Re: Listening Into Others Prayers In Church. Good Or Bad by chinedumo(m): 1:26pm On Aug 24, 2010
^^^^^true
Re: Listening Into Others Prayers In Church. Good Or Bad by paris10: 1:27pm On Aug 24, 2010
watchme:

NEW GENERATION CHURCHS; the course of all these is shouting and making noise mistaken as being praying.

Jesus Christ our mentor never shouted while praying nor committed any nuisance, when he was asked by one of his fellowers; "Master teach us how to pray" He told them to go to a quit place and peacefully say "Our father, "

I sure do love you my dear, you're well bang on the point.
Re: Listening Into Others Prayers In Church. Good Or Bad by zenatta: 1:39pm On Aug 24, 2010
watchme:

[b]Ye![/b] I used to sound just like you until fire catch my ny----coal.   Warfare prayer demands that you shout, charge at the enemy. Thank God our weapons are not carnal but God told David to bestir himself. That was when my deliverance came. Of course I hate praying to disturb my neighbour, I'm self -conscious when I have to sing praises out loud  so early in the morning,though the Spirit 's been kinda warning me about this my too good behaviour.  Howbeit there are periods when you have to tell principalities to keep off cos of your anointing, that enough is enough. Thats when you shout. And Mr busy body listens

Recently I stand up to pray. Before this my bed would do, thank you very much. but I ask myself if the enemy were before me now would I lie down fighting?  Again, when I want to lovingly speak to my Father, I lie down or kneel. no shouting. Its a love thing. I find real swell things to say to Him, no fighting or charging no foul language just big love between me and my creator.
Re: Listening Into Others Prayers In Church. Good Or Bad by Ben13: 1:42pm On Aug 24, 2010
I prefer silent prayers. wink
Re: Listening Into Others Prayers In Church. Good Or Bad by denzel2009: 1:44pm On Aug 24, 2010
Who in his/her right sense goes to Night vigil or Church to listen to others pray? Everybody has got their own battles to fight,its all in your mind!
Re: Listening Into Others Prayers In Church. Good Or Bad by zenatta: 1:45pm On Aug 24, 2010
paris10:

Listen all,

No one wants to listen to any body's prayer deliberately, just a form of misinterpretation on the part of the complainant.

Don't you know that the more you raise your voice and increase the decibel, you're more likely to distract the person beside you!. Because your voice tend to overshadow that of your neighbour, they automatically lower their voice, and thereby  prompting you to think they did that on purpose to listen to what you're saying to Baba God.

Enough of this preconceived and ignorant ideas. And even if they do listen to your prayers, you might unwittingly be  helping them to pray the right way! A lot of folks out there don't know how to pray, your zealousness and kaboski might help them you know.

ok
Re: Listening Into Others Prayers In Church. Good Or Bad by zenatta: 1:50pm On Aug 24, 2010
denzel2009:

Who in his/her right sense goes to Night vigil or Church to listen to others pray? Everybody has got their own battles to fight,its all in your mind!

dead on

Ben-10:

I prefer silent prayers. wink

anytime any-day until my very wilderness experience. Deserts in green lands, do exist but God forbid affliction a second time IJN Amen
Re: Listening Into Others Prayers In Church. Good Or Bad by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:55pm On Aug 24, 2010
zenatta:

[b]Ye![/b] I used to sound just like you until fire catch my ny----coal. Warfare prayer demands that you shout, charge at the enemy. Thank God our weapons are not carnal but God told David to bestir himself. That was when my deliverance came. Of course I hate praying to disturb my neighbour, I'm self -conscious when I have to sing praises out loud so early in the morning,though the Spirit 's been kinda warning me about this my too good behaviour. Howbeit there are periods when you have to tell principalities to keep off cos of your anointing, that enough is enough. Thats when you shout. And Mr busy body listens

Recently I stand up to pray. Before this my bed would do, thank you very much. but I ask myself if the enemy were before me now would I lie down fighting? Again, when I want to lovingly speak to my Father, I lie down or kneel. no shouting. Its a love thing. I find real swell things to say to Him, no fighting or charging no foul language just big love between me and my creator.

I often wonder why folks sit down while talking to our heavenly Father but stand when addressing the enemy of our souls, I'll rather stand up for Jesus because He deserves all the attention.
Re: Listening Into Others Prayers In Church. Good Or Bad by abhosts(m): 2:00pm On Aug 24, 2010
I personally dont care even if the whole world is listening to my Prayer. I have learned over the years that loud prayer is far more effective that quite prayer. I attended a  church of so-called Sophisticated Folks for many years but things barely improved in my life. It even got to a stage that I thought that prayer does not solve problems. But when I started attending a church were people pray with so much aggression, like deranged people, I was startled by the results my prayers began to yield.
Re: Listening Into Others Prayers In Church. Good Or Bad by oludashmi(f): 2:06pm On Aug 24, 2010
You must have always noted people concentrating to your prayer contents if you have always lost concentration while praying to your God. When you loose concentration in prayer, you break the link btw you and the one you are communication to.

Just like you making call and suddenly you stop talking, the one on the other end (God) will keep saying "hello, hello" and then drop the line cos you were carried away.
Re: Listening Into Others Prayers In Church. Good Or Bad by adigun101: 2:09pm On Aug 24, 2010
If am sat beside a confirmed enemy, I would like 2 hear their prayers grin grin grin
Re: Listening Into Others Prayers In Church. Good Or Bad by Redman44(m): 2:12pm On Aug 24, 2010
Most of my prayers that have been answered by God were those that I did while alone. I particularly do not like noisy environments. Mind you, I'm not against people who pray at the top of their voices. I'm not also against churches where mass chantings are done during prayer sessions. It is all up to the individual involved. There are some times when we have to be aggressive in our prayers. I slip into a an aggressive mode during prayers when I'm challenged during my sleep by the dark forces [ Being pressed down while sleeping, nightmares etc ] and when I have come against a brick wall on some issues. What I do know is that Prayer works cheesy cheesy cheesy  Cheers.

www.vibes-extra..com
Re: Listening Into Others Prayers In Church. Good Or Bad by oludashmi(f): 2:12pm On Aug 24, 2010
abhosts:

1. I personally dont care even if the whole world is listening to my Prayer. I have learned over the years that 2. loud prayer is far more effective that quite prayer. I attended a church of so called Sophisticated Folks for many years but things barely improved in my life. It even got to a stage that I thought that prayer does not solve problems. But when 3. I started attending a church were people pray with so much aggression, like deranged people, I was startled by the results my prayers began to yield.

Good!
False! Look at Hannah.
Your mind is now in connection with God not the shout. You know it is easier to be in church and not be in touch.
Re: Listening Into Others Prayers In Church. Good Or Bad by Ben13: 2:12pm On Aug 24, 2010
adigun101:

If am sat beside a confirmed enemy, I would like 2 hear their prayers  grin grin grin

Enemy? That wouldn't be in the church. lol grin
Re: Listening Into Others Prayers In Church. Good Or Bad by tpiah: 2:16pm On Aug 24, 2010
I have been around the block and have notice a common trend in churches. Sometimes during prayer sessions, some so called christians delibrately stop praying and try to ear drop into ones prayer.

that's quite creepy.

maybe they're just praying quietly but never say never.

na all kind dey inside churches these days.

yorubas say only God knows who is really serving Him. Olorun lo mo eni to sin oun.
Re: Listening Into Others Prayers In Church. Good Or Bad by Outstrip(f): 2:29pm On Aug 24, 2010
How do you know that people are listening in? You are busy listening in on people that you believe are listening in. Please pray and leave things alone. As long as I have been in church this has never even crossed my mind
Re: Listening Into Others Prayers In Church. Good Or Bad by yommyuk: 2:32pm On Aug 24, 2010
The best way to tackle it is to focus and pray quietly. Remember even satan goes to church.
Advice "when u are cooking your yam learn how to cover it from the hungry busybodies." cool
Re: Listening Into Others Prayers In Church. Good Or Bad by yommyuk: 2:44pm On Aug 24, 2010
@outstrip

come to 9ija/African setup. it is common. Some people can use this as a line of enquiry into your personal affairs.
Some may even try to use it to gauge your anointing. It is a very carnal behavior and childish. But it does exist.
I was invited to a church in Birmingham UK for a during the week service. During my prayer session, the spirit of God led me to pray for spiritual cleansing for the church. One of the ushers started circling me and started shout "Oh ye accusers" I was like what? shocked May be he taught I was a spy who wanted to take away members of their church. Very funny and irritating.lol
Re: Listening Into Others Prayers In Church. Good Or Bad by JesusloveU: 3:18pm On Aug 24, 2010
I prefer loud prayers to silent prayers.Because when you pray aggressively you are killing your enemies fast.Infact,whenever i praying am also using my legs ,hands and body altogether at the same time as if am seeing my enemies face to face.Aggressive prayers is more powerful than silent prayers.For those who listen to others people prayers becareful because one day the devil will strike you while prayer is going on. Aggressive prayers is not for those that don't know how to pray,it's for prayer warriors.
Re: Listening Into Others Prayers In Church. Good Or Bad by philip0906(m): 3:55pm On Aug 24, 2010
watchme:

no u r wrong here. . .There is no definite way 2 pray.what u quoted above,was a guideline on how prayer be made.In d time of Jesus Christ,there were the scribes and pharisees who were hypocritical in their attitude and Christ was against d hypocrisy and not against d act.In d Old testament,we  see Hannah,praying as if she was "drunk".Daniel was ordered not 2 pray but he instead opened his windows and prayed aloud,the apostles in d upper room prayed until d place was shaken,Paul and Silas prayed and sang aloud until their chains and d gates were opened. . .Prayer is made depending on how u r led,d height and magnitude of your problem which makes u pray aloud or quietly(Hannah's bareness made her pray like a drunkard,Paul and Silas in d prison were not whispering or praying quietly) Wether u pray aloud or quietly,as long as your way is right with God,your prayer will be answered.
Re: Listening Into Others Prayers In Church. Good Or Bad by MRD1(m): 4:17pm On Aug 24, 2010
dumb post, why do you shout and not expect pple to hear you, when you want to pray you do that silently, if really it's God u re praying to, then he will hear you.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Muslims / SHOCKING: Angels Caught On Camera In Abuja Church / Is Television Evangelism By Force?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.