Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,669 members, 7,823,889 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:30 PM

Let's Debate:electricity Supply During APC Regime Is Better Than PDP Era - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Let's Debate:electricity Supply During APC Regime Is Better Than PDP Era (633 Views)

Burial Photos Of Afeez Ismail Who Was Gunned Down During Apc Rally In Lagos / Electricity: We’ve Performed Better Than PDP Did In 16 Years – Fashola / PDP Reacts As Ngige Mistakenly Supports Fayose During APC Rally In Ekiti State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Let's Debate:electricity Supply During APC Regime Is Better Than PDP Era by Avizizo(m): 7:45pm On Feb 14, 2019
As for me 16 years of PDP era doesn't affect the Electricity supply positively in Nigeria like it is a little better in the time of APC. To be frank, I'm not a politician and I have never work for any but I don't like hidden at the back of a finger(if you see the truth? say it) I can remember sometimes ago when Nigeria still celebrate once in three days electricity suppy from public organization(NEPA) then during the regime of formal president Olusegun Obasanjo before it was sold to a private organization(PHCN):under the formal president Goodluck Ebele Jonathan. But during the time of APC I can see a positive change in this sector although sometimes the bill brought is higher compare to the formal ones we used to pay for but I like a quote says; 'An available goods with higher rate is much more better than a cheap non available goods'
Though I'm not the fans of this old men exchanging power among themselves but I thought I still have a choice to choose wisely especially when to talk on electricity sector.
Please fellow nairalanders can I get your own opinion on this?

Re: Let's Debate:electricity Supply During APC Regime Is Better Than PDP Era by madridguy(m): 7:47pm On Feb 14, 2019
As for me both PDP and APC no do well for electricity matter.
Re: Let's Debate:electricity Supply During APC Regime Is Better Than PDP Era by viyon02: 7:51pm On Feb 14, 2019
Just like choosing between the devil and deep blue sea
Re: Let's Debate:electricity Supply During APC Regime Is Better Than PDP Era by Nobody: 8:00pm On Feb 14, 2019
Apc no do well. They're liars. Just this week. It was predicted that oil output would drop sharply due to the ever-reducing megawatts. But my brother Fashola keeps eeceiving us that electricity had increased in megawatts. Or do you have electricity on your area?

1 Like

Re: Let's Debate:electricity Supply During APC Regime Is Better Than PDP Era by ashacot: 8:02pm On Feb 14, 2019
BOTH DIDNT DO WLL BUT APC IS LIKE BARCELONA TO WHERE PDP IS IN TERMS OF ELECTRICITY
Re: Let's Debate:electricity Supply During APC Regime Is Better Than PDP Era by ivandragon: 8:54pm On Feb 14, 2019
op, to do a proper comparison, you need to research on the history of how Nigeria arrived where it is on the issue of electricity.

but you do realise that the partial privatisation of the power sector was done in November 2013...

now as at 1999, average peak generation was about 1,750MW...

https://africacheck.org/reports/nigeria-does-generate-more-electricity-now-than-it-did-15-years-ago/

there were about 7 fully built power stations at that time...

sweetcrudereports.com/2017/07/22/nigerias-power-plants-what-you-should-know-about-them/

fast forward to 2015, average generation was about 4'600mw with Nigeria hitting over 4,000mw on a regular basis since 2012...

https://nairametrics.com/2014/12/31/we-didnt-hit-5000mw-but-this-is-the-most-power-nigeria-generated-in-2014/

that was about a 300% increase over what was available as at 1999...

sweetcrudereports.com/2017/07/22/nigerias-power-plants-what-you-should-know-about-them.

there were also now about 21 additional power plants. that was also about 300% increase over what was available in 1999.

now, from late 2015 to date, power generation in Nigeria peaked at 5,375mw

https://punchng.com/power-generation-hits-highest-peak-of-5375mw/

that's about 11% increase on the 4,600 of PDP...

in that period, no power plant has been fully completed. so APC scores 0% or 1% if you want to argue the Azure plant (it's private owned, but it still counts for the FG).

so op, from the facts above, in 16 years, PDP added an average of 181.3mw per year (4600-1700=2900÷16 years).

APC added an average of 194mw per year (5375-4600=775÷4).

now, on the surface, power seems better with APC, but let's scratch the surface a bit...

PDP fully built 21 power stations to apc's zero (or one).

when you consider the fact that a number of these power stations come on stream late 2014-mid 2015 & power rose to a high of over 5000mw in December 2015, you begin to see that the ground work for any improvement was laid in those 16 years of PDP .

in fact, if we are to be frank, APC has failed on harnessing the success of the PDP...

for those who would want to present their own positions, please note that the key issue here is sustainable peak generation & not drops at certain times.

power might have dropped to less than 4000mw when gej left office doesn't mean that's the peak generation over time.

PMB has experienced 0mw generation & if he left office at that point, it doesn't mean that was the actual average generation.

furthermore, transmission & distribution are slightly less predictable so, I leave my analysis based on factual generation...

1 Like

Re: Let's Debate:electricity Supply During APC Regime Is Better Than PDP Era by AtikuMeansJobs: 8:58pm On Feb 14, 2019
SAI ATIKUOBI FOR BETTER LIFE FOR ALL NIGERIANS....

SAI MR job$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$...............JOIN THE PDP FESTIVAL AND ATIKULATE TO VICTORY, JOIN THE WINING TEAM.... #BetterNigeriaWith Atiku Aguero ABUBAKAR.Like our elders use to say that Unless and Until
an Aching Tooth is Clinically and Completely
Pluck out of the mouth, The mouth must eternally chew with bitterness . This itchy fingered party called APC must be pluck out of our PRETTY BODY) come this weekend.

1 Like

Re: Let's Debate:electricity Supply During APC Regime Is Better Than PDP Era by AtikuMeansJobs: 8:58pm On Feb 14, 2019
14 people allegedly die at buhari's rally and as at today not a word from him, his vp or the people of his campaign.
Hear me people, Saturday is about the economy, jobs, Leah Sharibu (The only girl left behind because of her faith), freedom of speech, freedom of religion and a Nigeria we all can be believe in. Do not be deceived by a false garb of integrity. Do not be fooled by group thinking of "Na our brother be second in command". Don't allow people manipulate you with "he is our own or member of our religion". Make no mistake about it; what you do at the polling booth on Saturday will resonate for generations. Choose wisely!!!
Tyranny doesn't discriminate. Neither does nepotism nor dictatorship.
When we allow it to thrive, there would be enough injustice to serve everyone including those that supported it.
May God help us all!!!
Nigeria will prevail!

1 Like

Re: Let's Debate:electricity Supply During APC Regime Is Better Than PDP Era by AtikuMeansJobs: 8:59pm On Feb 14, 2019
Please my people it is the last days for APC and just like the devil they will kick they will bite they will manufacture documents, doctor tapes ,videos and so on just to get our sympathy, but do not be dismayed, the killings in Benue will and must cease after February 16, we shall remove the same man who his own wife told us is no longer in charge of his Government, a man who's wife revealed to us that only two men hijacked his Government, and urged the youths to rise up in a revolution, that man is who we are sending back to Daura to rest in peace.
A vote for Atiku is a show of strength in our power to defeat evil, to kick out incompetence anytime we want, and to prove to them that the actual power belongs to us.
God bless Waziri Atiku Abubakar on his victory
God bless our 'China' man Okwute Peter Obi.
God bless the PDP
God bless Nigeria...

1 Like

Re: Let's Debate:electricity Supply During APC Regime Is Better Than PDP Era by Avizizo(m): 8:13am On Feb 15, 2019
awelekiti:
Apc no do well. They're liars. Just this week. It was predicted that oil output would drop sharply due to the ever-reducing megawatts. But my brother Fashola keeps eeceiving us that electricity had increased in megawatts. Or do you have electricity on your area?
Yes you've tell your own part but to me electricity supply is much better than before compare to early 2000 to 2015
Re: Let's Debate:electricity Supply During APC Regime Is Better Than PDP Era by Nobody: 8:15am On Feb 15, 2019
Your debate is moot. You know why? You can't compare 16 years of surplus with 4 years of lean income.

Gerrit??!!
Re: Let's Debate:electricity Supply During APC Regime Is Better Than PDP Era by ERCROSS(m): 4:22pm On Feb 20, 2019
Avizizo:
As for me 16 years of PDP era doesn't affect the Electricity supply positively in Nigeria like it is a little better in the time of APC. To be frank, I'm not a politician and I have never work for any but I don't like hidden at the back of a finger(if you see the truth? say it) I can remember sometimes ago when Nigeria still celebrate once in three days electricity suppy from public organization(NEPA) then during the regime of formal president Olusegun Obasanjo before it was sold to a private organization(PHCN):under the formal president Goodluck Ebele Jonathan. But during the time of APC I can see a positive change in this sector although sometimes the bill brought is higher compare to the formal ones we used to pay for but I like a quote says; 'An available goods with higher rate is much more better than a cheap non available goods'
Though I'm not the fans of this old men exchanging power among themselves but I thought I still have a choice to choose wisely especially when to talk on electricity sector.
Please fellow nairalanders can I get your own opinion on this?
Re: Let's Debate:electricity Supply During APC Regime Is Better Than PDP Era by nwanyionitsha: 5:08pm On Feb 20, 2019
At the moment 4days no electricity here in the heart of Abuja. I am totally fed up.
Re: Let's Debate:electricity Supply During APC Regime Is Better Than PDP Era by FRESHGIST247: 5:48pm On Feb 20, 2019
APC is better oooo

(1) (Reply)

2019 Election: Nigerian Army Disown Military Men Involved In Political Campaign / Atiku Leading Buhari In A Wide Margin In Rivers State / Osinbajo Was Treated Like An Orphan By Fake Bishops, Pastors & Their Followers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.