Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,786 members, 7,827,894 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:43 PM

Advice needed. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Advice needed. (1157 Views)

Advice Needed: Where Can I Buy Wrist Watches In Bulk Quantity At Wholesale Price / Advice Needed On How To Start Small Scale Production / Advice Needed On Setting Up A Block Industry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice needed. by SifonAbasi(f): 9:08pm On Feb 14, 2019
Hello eveyone. Please Barbers and Barbershops owners I want to open a barbershop then employ barbers to work there. What are the pros and cons? Thanks.
Re: Advice needed. by SifonAbasi(f): 9:13pm On Feb 14, 2019
Thread is not only for barbers. Anyone with advice concerning the business can help too. Thanks.
Re: Advice needed. by LKO(m): 9:35pm On Feb 14, 2019
SifonAbasi:
Thread is not only for barbers. Anyone with advice concerning the business can help too. Thanks.

Save yourself the headache. Rent a shop in a busy location, stock it with fast moving items you can properly and easily take stock of. Employ a honest sales boy or girl that you know his/her family or house to run the shop. Visit your shop every evening to take stock. Be happy.

Opening a barking salon when you are not a barber would ruin your joy. You would keep looking for barber every month to manage the shop and in no distant time you would be out of business. It is like buying a taxi to someone to drive and balance you, it is real headache and frustrating.

3 Likes

Re: Advice needed. by SifonAbasi(f): 9:44pm On Feb 14, 2019
LKO:

Save yourself the headache. Rent a shop in a busy location, stock it with fast moving items you can properly and easily take stock of. Employ a honest sales boy or girl that you know his/her family or house to run the shop. Visit your shop every evening to take stock. Be happy.

Opening a barking salon when you are not a barber would ruin your joy. You would keep looking for barber every month to manage the shop and in no distant time you would be out of business. It is like buying a taxi to someone to drive and balance you, it is real headache and frustrating.
Thanks LKO. Where the shop is, there are many provision stores.
Re: Advice needed. by Gentlevin: 10:43pm On Feb 14, 2019
SifonAbasi:
Hi sifon. Nice name.

If the area does not have much barbjng salon, then u can do it. My brother is about doing that right now in Uyo. He has a laundry shop he has being using for long but of recent , he has gotten a carpenter to divide the shop and once he is through, he will employ a barber to handle it.

But I advise that u don't task him much. Even if you collect only 1k per day, its OK for now. But DO NOT just abandon the shop to him now. I mean keep visiting like once a week to know how he is running your biz.

Goodluck.
Re: Advice needed. by SifonAbasi(f): 11:07pm On Feb 14, 2019
Gentlevin:
Hi sifon. Nice name.

If the area does not have much barbjng salon, then u can do it. My brother is about doing that right now in Uyo. He has a laundry shop he has being using for long but of recent , he has gotten a carpenter to divide the shop and once he is through, he will employ a barber to handle it.

But I advise that u don't task him much. Even if you collect only 1k per day, its OK for now. But DO NOT just abandon the shop to him now. I mean keep visiting like once a week to know how he is running your biz.

Goodluck.
Thanks. The shop is at Uyo too. And no much barbershops within.
Re: Advice needed. by SifonAbasi(f): 10:49am On Feb 15, 2019

(1) (Reply)

Interesting Press/Print Ads/Advertising From All Over The World! / How To Find Hot & Trending Products To Sell Online 2020 / Children Clothes Wholesale From 500 Naira

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.