Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,263 members, 7,957,649 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 04:43 PM

I Never Negotiated With Buhari Over My Re-election - Wike - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Never Negotiated With Buhari Over My Re-election - Wike (696 Views)

PDP Crisis: I Did Not Bath For Three Days Over Edo Election – Wike To Obaseki / Gumi: The Bandits I Negotiated With Have Stopped Kidnapping / Edo Election: Wike Held Hostage In Hotel Room - PDP Raises Alarm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Never Negotiated With Buhari Over My Re-election - Wike by References: 12:08pm On Feb 15, 2019
Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Wike, has said he never negotiated with President Muhammadu Buhari to be allowed to return as governor in exchange for his support for the president as claimed by the Minister of Transportation, Chibuike Amaechi.

He also dared Amaechi to allow his son to lead the war he declared on the people of the state instead of using other peoples’ children to cause violence.

But addressing non-indigenes of Rivers State at a Campaign Rally in Port Harcourt yesterday, Wike said Amaechi needed psychiatric evaluation for suggesting that he negotiated with the president to allow him emerge as second term governor in exchange for the president’s victory.

“If I am their problem, why should I be negotiating with the President? It is utter rubbish. It is totally untrue. The President should help us bring a psychiatrist to review the situation of the Minister of Transportation.
“I plead with the president to do us this favour because our son is gone. We want to bring him back,” he said.

Wike expressed disappointment that Buhari sat and watched the Minister of Transportation threaten violence and deaths on Rivers State people without taking action.

“I was so disappointed that Mr. President was seated and the Director General of his campaign was threatening violence, singing war songs. Today they signed a peace accord. What will be the meaning of the Peace Accord when Mr. President sat down and listened to his Director General threatening deaths and violence?

“I have no problems with Amaechi’s threat of violence, but can he bring his son to lead the war? I challenge Amaechi, he has a grown up son, who should lead the violence. His son can lead the war and then we will know that Amaechi is serious “he said.

He called on Buhari to call Amaechi to order and urged the international community to hold Amaechi, the General Officer Commanding (GOC) of 6 Division of the Nigerian Army and the Mobile Police Commander of Unit 48 responsible should there be violence during the elections. He said Amaechi’s bragging is premised on the plan to use the military to rig elections.

He wondered why Amaechi is leading the unnecessary push for violence when they are not running for elections in the state. He said after dashing the political hopes of several contestants of APC, Amaechi is still leading them to unleash terror on innocent people.

On the Rivers APC crisis, Wike said he is not the architect of the crisis, neither is he a party to the crisis. He said the crisis was generated by the impunity of the Minister of Transportation.

“I did not take APC to court. I never went to court against the APC. The matter is between APC and APC. How then did I cause the problem of the APC?” Wike queried.

He added that Amaechi, who did not run election, was made governor by the Supreme Court. He regretted that Amaechi is now struggling to destroy the Supreme Court.

Wike said unlike the Rivers APC, the PDP is committed to peaceful polls because it is confident of victory, adding that he is unequivocally committed to the election of Atiku Abubakar because he has the capacity to lead the country out of the woods.

Leader of the non-indigenes, Emeka Onowu, said the non-indigenes would support Wike’s re-election and that the victory of the governor was guaranteed because of his numerous projects.

Meanwhile, the Rivers State Government has commiserated with families of those who lost their lives during the stampede that occurred at the APC Presidential Campaign Rally at the Adokiye Amiesimaka Stadium, Igwuruta-Ali, Port Harcourt.

A statement by the Commissioner for Information and Communications, Emma Okah, said “these deaths at a time like this are very unfortunate and deeply saddening”.

He said, “It is a sad development and we share the pains of these families. It is possible that this ugly situation costing 17 lives, would have been avoided if the organisers had taken some basic precautions relating to crowd management in a gated environment.”

Lalasticlala
Mynd44

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2019/02/14/i-never-negotiated-with-buhari-over-my-re-election-says-wike/amp/
Re: I Never Negotiated With Buhari Over My Re-election - Wike by bedspread: 12:10pm On Feb 15, 2019
But Truly, Rotimi Ameachi needs to be Checked seriously!

He is Gradually Displaying Signs of KOLO!!

1 Like

Re: I Never Negotiated With Buhari Over My Re-election - Wike by stephleena(f): 12:12pm On Feb 15, 2019
Amaechi is just a sore loser

2 Likes

Re: I Never Negotiated With Buhari Over My Re-election - Wike by Josnac(m): 12:18pm On Feb 15, 2019
I too will support his call for violence if his son leads the war...sore loser!

1 Like

Re: I Never Negotiated With Buhari Over My Re-election - Wike by jlinkd78(m): 12:21pm On Feb 15, 2019
Our Son is gone!! Hilarious

2 Likes

Re: I Never Negotiated With Buhari Over My Re-election - Wike by Afonjas: 12:31pm On Feb 15, 2019
APC SHOULD STOP LYING AND CARRYING FAKE NEWS

1 Like

Re: I Never Negotiated With Buhari Over My Re-election - Wike by Slynation(m): 12:33pm On Feb 15, 2019
APC and Violence works simultaneously.....!!

1 Like

Re: I Never Negotiated With Buhari Over My Re-election - Wike by DMerciful(m): 12:37pm On Feb 15, 2019
It's Bubu that needs negotiation to be brought back!

1 Like

Re: I Never Negotiated With Buhari Over My Re-election - Wike by NextGovernor(m): 12:52pm On Feb 15, 2019
The "Our son is gone" got me laughing....
Re: I Never Negotiated With Buhari Over My Re-election - Wike by bnsheikh(m): 1:13pm On Feb 15, 2019
I admit the fact that Wike negotiated with Buhari. I've said it like 2 weeks back now. the contribution of Wike to the PDP campaign is v low and reluctant. he holds secret meetings with Buhari and has chosed to romance Buhari a lot
Re: I Never Negotiated With Buhari Over My Re-election - Wike by vengertime: 1:17pm On Feb 15, 2019
The worst fake news in the history of all fake news

Re: I Never Negotiated With Buhari Over My Re-election - Wike by Nbote(m): 1:22pm On Feb 15, 2019
How will a Wike who is having a free and almost unopposed run in Rivers state negotiate to win his state?
Re: I Never Negotiated With Buhari Over My Re-election - Wike by Nbote(m): 1:25pm On Feb 15, 2019
bnsheikh:
I admit the fact that Wike negotiated with Buhari. I've said it like 2 weeks back now. the contribution of Wike to the PDP campaign is v low and reluctant. he holds secret meetings with Buhari and has chosed to romance Buhari a lot

Stop sniffing Tramadol with pepper... See how U jus reasoned like a donkey... So even though d APC in Rivers state have been divided since afta their primaries and won't b contesting d Rivers Gubernatorial elections, why exactly should he negotiate wen he has an upper hand?

1 Like

Re: I Never Negotiated With Buhari Over My Re-election - Wike by JONNYSPUTE(m): 1:47pm On Feb 15, 2019
Nbote:

Stop sniffing Tramadol with pepper... See how U jus reasoned like a donkey... So even though d APC in Rivers state have been divided since afta their primaries and won't b contesting d Rivers Gubernatorial elections, why exactly should he negotiate wen he has an upper hand?
... Hahahahaha.Sniffing Tramadol with pepper.OOboy u wicked.

(1) (Reply)

President Buhari Has Declared War On Us. - PDP / Voters Turn Out Massively In Kano Polling Units / If You Are Currently In Sifia Painz, This Will Help You Understand

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.