Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,349 members, 7,819,248 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:17 PM

Twitter Reveals Why It Suspended Influencers' Accounts Ahead Of Nigeria Election - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Twitter Reveals Why It Suspended Influencers' Accounts Ahead Of Nigeria Election (29795 Views)

Twitter Reveals Why It Suspended Influencers’ Accounts Ahead Of Nigeria Election / Ahead Of Nigeria's Election, Opposition Weaponises Soldier Deaths / Opposition Candidate Atiku Gains Momentum In Nigeria Election Race - Bloomberg (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Twitter Reveals Why It Suspended Influencers' Accounts Ahead Of Nigeria Election by Yankee101: 5:56pm On Feb 15, 2019
Good job
Re: Twitter Reveals Why It Suspended Influencers' Accounts Ahead Of Nigeria Election by Nobody: 5:57pm On Feb 15, 2019
My account was suspended too..
Re: Twitter Reveals Why It Suspended Influencers' Accounts Ahead Of Nigeria Election by BIAFRONIGERIAN(m): 5:58pm On Feb 15, 2019
good
Re: Twitter Reveals Why It Suspended Influencers' Accounts Ahead Of Nigeria Election by rentAcock(m): 6:02pm On Feb 15, 2019
asuustrike1:

What kind of stupid comment is this? undecided

It's not a stupid comment. Trump and his Russian cronies did the same thing. You are dumb.
Re: Twitter Reveals Why It Suspended Influencers' Accounts Ahead Of Nigeria Election by ikhalyfah(m): 6:03pm On Feb 15, 2019
Nice move twitter
unclesuruoffi:
Twitter has finally revealed why it suspended some influencers' accounts, ahead of Nigeria's 2019 election scheduled to take off tomorrow. 

The management of the micro-blogging platform told Business Insider SSA by Pulse, that the accounts were suspended to amplify election-related information from legitimate sources and bring down 'some problematic accounts' ahead of Nigeria's 2019 general elections.
Amy Rose, a Twitter spokesperson, who confirmed that Twitter suspended some influencers' accounts ahead of Nigeria's 2019 election, said they are collaborating with the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, and domestic political party stakeholders to “ensure they have clear reporting channels to bring potentially problematic accounts or content to our attention.”

“We have suspended a small number of accounts in Nigeria for spam violations as part of our election integrity efforts in the region.

“We will continue to monitor the conversation closely and take aggressive action pursuant to the Twitter Rules,” Rose told Business Insider.

Some of these Nigerian Twitter influencers’ accounts include Badmus Hakeem (Tweets @Bhadoosky), Jokunle (@Jokunle), Ani Nomso (@ani_nomso), Shawnife (@Shawnife_), Official Bmax (@OfficialBmax), Uche Kush(@UcheKush_), Lazy Writa (@LazyWrita), Rouvafe (@Rouvafe), Abdulaxis (@iam_abdulaxis), Switchme, Enekem Greg (@EnekemGreg).

https://unclesuru.com/2019/02/15/nigeriadecides-twitter-reveals-why-it-suspended-some-influencers-accounts-ahead-of-nigerias-2019-elections/

lalasticlala, seun, mynd44
Re: Twitter Reveals Why It Suspended Influencers' Accounts Ahead Of Nigeria Election by Doyin2(m): 6:07pm On Feb 15, 2019
I hope seun will do same for Naira land influencers.

All those likes are spams,they do not reflect reality.

CONFIRMED .

1 Like

Re: Twitter Reveals Why It Suspended Influencers' Accounts Ahead Of Nigeria Election by Administration1: 6:10pm On Feb 15, 2019
SalamRushdie:

why are you afraid of unofficial result ? didnt we release unofficial result for Buhari in 2015

Which We?

Bia take your time ooo, before i send one headache to do you in your armpit now.
Re: Twitter Reveals Why It Suspended Influencers' Accounts Ahead Of Nigeria Election by Bizibi(m): 6:11pm On Feb 15, 2019
rentAcock:
They don't want PDP to hack and hijack this election. Well done.
sm
Re: Twitter Reveals Why It Suspended Influencers' Accounts Ahead Of Nigeria Election by Marrtynze(m): 6:13pm On Feb 15, 2019
Hmmm, we watch, this is suspicious, 80% of those accounts are pro-atiku on twitter
Re: Twitter Reveals Why It Suspended Influencers' Accounts Ahead Of Nigeria Election by Nobody: 6:14pm On Feb 15, 2019
modath:
Nice.

I’ll find you and deal with you if buhari loses his re-election bid tomorrow.

1 Like

Re: Twitter Reveals Why It Suspended Influencers' Accounts Ahead Of Nigeria Election by SalamRushdie: 6:16pm On Feb 15, 2019
Administration1:

Which We?

Bia take your time ooo, before i send one headache to do you in your armpit now.

shut up I posted results from my polling centre in 2015 online
Re: Twitter Reveals Why It Suspended Influencers' Accounts Ahead Of Nigeria Election by modath(f): 6:21pm On Feb 15, 2019
Elder0001:

I’ll find you and deal with you if buhari loses his re-election bid tomorrow.

You are what's stated in your siggy... smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Twitter Reveals Why It Suspended Influencers' Accounts Ahead Of Nigeria Election by TIGRITIS: 6:27pm On Feb 15, 2019
post=75764031:
This is a very very DEVELOPMENT.
Some twitter mumus, like Reno and FFK won't sleep well at all tonight!
They got served BIG TIME!

Good they are stopped in their track before they start inciting violence when defeat stare at them blankly in the face!

UP TWITTER!! cheesy

ATTENTION:

Dear Sis and every other LOVERS of Sai Baba should beware of this new moniker PLEASE!
We never knew this is possible on Nairaland!
Our moniker was cloned with EXACTLY the same words and letters as ours 24 hours ago!!
Never knew this is possible on Nairaland, thought they will always tell you someone else has chosen that moniker, use another one or add a letter to it.
But alas! Here we are.
We reported the moniker to the mods over 12 hours ago with nothing done about it, that means the person who did that broke no rules of the forum.
That means anyone can go ahead creating just any members moniker to post trash.
THIS IS FOR OUR friends to TAKE note and look at our profile if they see some certain comments that we CANNOT make.
We've made over 20,000 (20 thousand) posts here, while this new person has made 20 posts so far.
TAKE NOTE!!
NgeneUkwenu.
Modath.
Caseless.
Corrinthians.
Buhariguy.
NessaBoo.
BabaRamota1980(where are u sef?!).
ButterflyO
JamaicaBakare and EVERY TRUE lovers of Sai Baba too numerous to mention.
IT IS ONLY 24 HOURS TO GO!
It will end in praise!

CLONING IS REAL!
https://www.nairaland.com/mannabbqgrllls

Below images attached..
1. The Original.
2. The Impostor.
3. The Final Verdict (circled in red colour!)
Actually, it wasn't a clone.

Check the spelling carefully. Triple "l" (lll) in the grill instead of "ill".

Same was done to sarrki namely: "sarrkl" and "sarriki".

That is how desperate they are.
Re: Twitter Reveals Why It Suspended Influencers' Accounts Ahead Of Nigeria Election by FLYFIRE(m): 6:31pm On Feb 15, 2019
Vote WISELY

2 Likes

Re: Twitter Reveals Why It Suspended Influencers' Accounts Ahead Of Nigeria Election by meobizy(f): 6:33pm On Feb 15, 2019
This is very good news.
At least Twitter is playing it’s part to limit fake news.
Facebook is having too much of a field day to care.
The most they do is pretend they care.
Re: Twitter Reveals Why It Suspended Influencers' Accounts Ahead Of Nigeria Election by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:38pm On Feb 15, 2019
*edited* bro......
The moniker has been banned.
God bless you.
God bless Nigeria.
TIGRITIS:

Actually, it wasn't a clone.

Check the spelling carefully. Triple "l" (lll) in the grill instead of "ill".

Same was done to sarrki namely: "sarrkl" and "sarriki".

That is how desperate they are.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Twitter Reveals Why It Suspended Influencers' Accounts Ahead Of Nigeria Election by LZAA: 6:42pm On Feb 15, 2019
post=75764031:
This is a very very DEVELOPMENT.
Some twitter mumus, like Reno and FFK won't sleep well at all tonight!
They got served BIG TIME!

Good they are stopped in their track before they start inciting violence when defeat stare at them blankly in the face!

UP TWITTER!! cheesy

ATTENTION:

Dear Sis and every other LOVERS of Sai Baba should beware of this new moniker PLEASE!
We never knew this is possible on Nairaland!
Our moniker was cloned with EXACTLY the same words and letters as ours 24 hours ago!!
Never knew this is possible on Nairaland, thought they will always tell you someone else has chosen that moniker, use another one or add a letter to it.
But alas! Here we are.
We reported the moniker to the mods over 12 hours ago with nothing done about it, that means the person who did that broke no rules of the forum.
That means anyone can go ahead creating just any members moniker to post trash.
THIS IS FOR OUR friends to TAKE note and look at our profile if they see some certain comments that we CANNOT make.
We've made over 20,000 (20 thousand) posts here, while this new person has made 20 posts so far.
TAKE NOTE!!
NgeneUkwenu.
Modath.
NessaBoo.
Caseless.
Corrinthians.
Buhariguy.
BabaRamota1980(where are u sef?!).
ButterflyO
JamaicaBakare and EVERY TRUE lovers of Sai Baba too numerous to mention.
IT IS ONLY 24 HOURS TO GO!
It will end in praise!

CLONING IS REAL!
https://www.nairaland.com/mannabbqgrllls

Below images attached..
1. The Original.
2. The Impostor.
3. The Final Verdict (circled in red colour!)

We hope they do sis!
Cc immhotep velocity25

Re: Twitter Reveals Why It Suspended Influencers' Accounts Ahead Of Nigeria Election by know: 6:45pm On Feb 15, 2019
Ngozi Okonjo iweali...good job mama
Re: Twitter Reveals Why It Suspended Influencers' Accounts Ahead Of Nigeria Election by KaptainAfrika: 7:00pm On Feb 15, 2019
I guess everyone else will apply your logic, and remember all those killed when the PDP was in power.

FLYFIRE:
Vote WISELY
Re: Twitter Reveals Why It Suspended Influencers' Accounts Ahead Of Nigeria Election by Egein(m): 7:05pm On Feb 15, 2019
Icon79:
Wow. Thank God they haven't suspended my twitter account yet cheesy

O pari

You get reach 100 followers?
Re: Twitter Reveals Why It Suspended Influencers' Accounts Ahead Of Nigeria Election by McCoy662(m): 7:14pm On Feb 15, 2019
rentAcock:
They don't want PDP to hack and hijack this election. Well done.
we are proud to be smart and learned unlike the brain deads in the APC
Re: Twitter Reveals Why It Suspended Influencers' Accounts Ahead Of Nigeria Election by deepyuki(m): 7:27pm On Feb 15, 2019
Because they are pdp supporters lol. The one that pained me the most is ani nomso. I met the guy last year at bdpa area around uniben. Soft and fresh guy o told him I know him and asked him to follow back. He send I sent an inbox message which I did and he followed back. Very nice and jovial guy
Re: Twitter Reveals Why It Suspended Influencers' Accounts Ahead Of Nigeria Election by Platony(m): 7:32pm On Feb 15, 2019
Bobrisky nko?? angry angry
Re: Twitter Reveals Why It Suspended Influencers' Accounts Ahead Of Nigeria Election by Nobody: 7:39pm On Feb 15, 2019
rentAcock:

It's not a stupid comment. Trump and his Russian cronies did the same thing. You are dumb.
You are not only dumb but foolish.
Re: Twitter Reveals Why It Suspended Influencers' Accounts Ahead Of Nigeria Election by Effiongdbest: 8:17pm On Feb 15, 2019
Meanwhile, Has anyone noticed the only two sentences APC people always drop here and there is, "your votes are irrelevant" and "your eyes go clear after the election".

These people have not wasted any opportunity to tell us how irrelevant our votes are yet their body language tell us the opposite, cos the way they jump on threads that support Atiku shows they are afraid of us and not the other way round. And so after my keen observation I make my submission as thus.

Since it is the last days for APC and just like the devil they will kick they will bite they will manufacture documents, doctor tapes ,videos and so on just to get our sympathy, but do not be dismayed, the killings in Benue will and must cease after February 16, we shall remove the same man who his own wife told us is no longer in charge of his Government, a man who's wife revealed to us that only two men hijacked his Government, and urged the youths to rise up in a revolution, that man is who we are sending back to Daura to rest in peace.

A vote for Atiku is a show of strength in our power to defeat evil, to kick out incompetence anytime we want, and to prove to them that the actual power belongs to us.

God bless Waziri Atiku Abubakar on his victory
God bless our 'China' man Okwute Peter Obi.
God bless the PDP
God bless Nigeria...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Twitter Reveals Why It Suspended Influencers' Accounts Ahead Of Nigeria Election by porthouse7(f): 8:40pm On Feb 15, 2019
vote apc

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Amnesty International Demanded Release Of Buhari, Tinubu, Keyamo Others / Buhari, Your Citizens Are Dying- Oby Ezekwesili / Reno Omokri Berates Nigerians Praying For Ukraine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.