Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,093 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:07 AM

The Real Reason Behind Inec’s Postponement Of The Election By Nonso Ozoemena - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Real Reason Behind Inec’s Postponement Of The Election By Nonso Ozoemena (52970 Views)

Police To Arrest Those Behind INEC'S Forged Letter About Tinubu. / How Leaked Memo Unravel The Mystery Behind INEC’s mysterious Server’ / INEC's Official Statement On Postponement Of 2019 Elections (Transcript) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Real Reason Behind Inec’s Postponement Of The Election By Nonso Ozoemena by egobetatoday: 11:04am On Feb 16, 2019
Irises:

I woke up early this morning, the first thing that came to my mind was "let me go and unseat the lifeless one"

Not knowing that one foolish YAKUBU that cannot score even with an open net postponed the election.

I swear. My PVC will not rust.. I'm still Atikulated ..

Like for Atiku/obi

as if u know. I didnt sleep well so that I will not over sleep and be late to go and queue up. I was prepared not ro bath sef and go to queue lol

aticulated

1 Like

Re: The Real Reason Behind Inec’s Postponement Of The Election By Nonso Ozoemena by bkool7(m): 11:04am On Feb 16, 2019
cool
Heffalump:

Are you not ashamed of your self

With the right sense, you should have known where to stand by now to save your generation. Don't allow stupid sentiment to rule you for life!

Nigger PLS!

Re: The Real Reason Behind Inec’s Postponement Of The Election By Nonso Ozoemena by Ezi1993(f): 11:05am On Feb 16, 2019
Harbdulrasaq:
Despite the level of our claimed education and exposure; its a shame most Nigerians still do not think well before delving into political issues!

We really want to go to Atiku for restructuring

We really want to base your trust on someone who helped APC into power after spending 16 years with PDP in power?

We are still making same mistake we made with Jonathan if we keep thinking in PDP direction;

We might be tired of Buhari not APC but Atiku is not a good option!

The political minded know this!!!
we know but for now,Atiku is a better option.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Real Reason Behind Inec’s Postponement Of The Election By Nonso Ozoemena by Originalsly: 11:05am On Feb 16, 2019
Hmmm....I came to learn why the election was posponed.......got a load of hot air.

1 Like

Re: The Real Reason Behind Inec’s Postponement Of The Election By Nonso Ozoemena by ogunsbanjul(m): 11:06am On Feb 16, 2019
The writer is a pro PDP that's this write up is not acceptable by me and the people who believe in this present government. All of us can't be fooled. At least you tried by encouraging your colleagues or people like you in the house

2 Likes

Re: The Real Reason Behind Inec’s Postponement Of The Election By Nonso Ozoemena by orisa37: 11:06am On Feb 16, 2019
Many are the afflictions of The Righteous, The Lord delivers them from them all.
Many are the Fraustrations of The Selfish, The Lord punishes them on them all.

2 Likes

Re: The Real Reason Behind Inec’s Postponement Of The Election By Nonso Ozoemena by Starpro87(m): 11:07am On Feb 16, 2019
chloride6:
PDP will never cease to amaze me...

An Independent Commission postponed elections to the dismay of both sides and all you are shouting is Buhari Buhari....

You didnt shout Buhari when the same INEC banned APC from presenting candidates in Rivers. Tall about Double standards..

This postponement is to PDP's favour because as it stands PDP is set to lose massively..

Even your paid for report shows that...

But we shall not relent, saving this country from kpletomaniacs is a job that must be done...

Dried up brain.

1 Like

Re: The Real Reason Behind Inec’s Postponement Of The Election By Nonso Ozoemena by 77up(m): 11:07am On Feb 16, 2019
To be candid, pdp and atiku really try online wise.

You must laugh seeing what their paid and volunteer agents are doing online.

Sai baba we know sha.

3 Likes

Re: The Real Reason Behind Inec’s Postponement Of The Election By Nonso Ozoemena by honestman1987(m): 11:08am On Feb 16, 2019
GoTV:
sad We Christians are solidly behind president Buhari.

speak for yourself only don't say all Christian

1 Like

Re: The Real Reason Behind Inec’s Postponement Of The Election By Nonso Ozoemena by Lordjb: 11:08am On Feb 16, 2019
GoTV:
bia GoTV, take time oh, stop that nonsense

1 Like

Re: The Real Reason Behind Inec’s Postponement Of The Election By Nonso Ozoemena by Starpro87(m): 11:09am On Feb 16, 2019
chloride6:

An Independent Commission postponed elections to the dismay of both sides and all you are shouting is Buhari Buhari....

You didnt shout Buhari when the same INEC banned APC from presenting candidates in Rivers. Tall about Double standards..

This postponement is to PDP's favour because as it stands PDP is set to lose massively..

But we shall not relent, saving this country from kpletomaniacs is a job that must be done...

Dried up Brain box.

1 Like

Re: The Real Reason Behind Inec’s Postponement Of The Election By Nonso Ozoemena by abbasajao(m): 11:10am On Feb 16, 2019
Ranting and reacting as usual.

1 Like

Re: The Real Reason Behind Inec’s Postponement Of The Election By Nonso Ozoemena by AnanseK(m): 11:11am On Feb 16, 2019
The Nonso Nonsense. I haven’t seen anything relating to the heading in this reckless post

1 Like

Re: The Real Reason Behind Inec’s Postponement Of The Election By Nonso Ozoemena by oloriLFC(f): 11:12am On Feb 16, 2019
[quote author=5thElement post=75785872][/quote] look, God bless you abundantly. I have been reading a lot of posts and observing. A lot of Nigerians are ignorant, blind and extremely foolish. I pity their future

1 Like

Re: The Real Reason Behind Inec’s Postponement Of The Election By Nonso Ozoemena by cremeboy: 11:13am On Feb 16, 2019
jchioma:
BREAKING REASON!!!!

INEC 'OSUN TEMPLATE ' BUSTED BY THE US

Nigerians should be grateful to the United States for saving our democracy today. This is why the party in power got frustrated about the international communities interference at one point and threatened “body bags” because they know, “America would know”.

We are a sovereign state, agreed, but there was nothing Nigerians would have done tonight to prevent Mohammadu Buhari from rigging this election if not for the intervention of the US.

The Buhari government in collaboration with INEC had an agenda on how to rig the election in favor of Buhari. This was what they were planning to execute tonight with the postponement drama when the United States govt got a wind of it and called the INEC Chairman not to dare!

Their Plan...

The strategy was to allow elections hold in 26 states and postpone it in 10 states. For the ten states, they had two plans; late arrival of election materials and security crisis.

The idea was to deliberately allow materials arrive late as we are already witnessing in some states and INEC would have no option but to postpone elections in those states. For instance, the aircraft that was supposed to deliver materials to Enugu was told it can't land because of bad weather conditions and it had to land in Port Harcourt. Right before us, elections in Enugu would have been postponed.

The crisis template was executed in Kaduna today. The news of Kaduna State killings of 66 people today was part of the plan to create an atmosphere of catastrophic so that INEC would postpone the election in Kaduna State citing security challenges. The news of the killings was fabricated and sponsored by the 3 inches 'body bag' Governor of that state.

For the 26 states that election would have held, the plan was to watch out for the outcome. If it favours Atiku, whatever the margin is, they would deploy heavy security agents to ensure they get enough votes to cover up the margin in the 10 states that elections were to be postponed as they did in Osun state.

With this plan, Buhari would be elected back as president… but the US said, NO!! Elections across the 36 states must hold simultaneously, they insist.

N-Credit:
Ubeku M.
lmao. Fake news
Re: The Real Reason Behind Inec’s Postponement Of The Election By Nonso Ozoemena by YakubuA: 11:14am On Feb 16, 2019
Chikiletta:

The postponement of the 2019 election came as a shock to Nigerians who had already made up their minds to vote out incompetence, nepotism, killings and poverty. However, one cannot take power from tyrants without being bruised. This is part of the bruise that Nigerians need to sustain for a better Nigeria. A lot of Nigerians had fixed sensitive activities for 23rd February, like their weddings. Will they now shift it? A lot of Nigerians had borrowed money to stock up food and fuel supplies for this election, and a lot of people have spent billions traveling across the country to go and cast their votes against bad governance, recession, poverty and incompetence.

In fighting dictatorship, there is no way one will have an easy ride. Buhari had already, through his secret agencies, conducted objective assessments of the election, and was already sure of losing until now. Are Nigerians fazed? Never! Why would Nigerians be fazed when too much is at stake? Do you know that in the next killing spree, your family could be next in the list of people to be killed? Do you know that you might be the next in line to lose your job or have your business fold up in the next round of recession coming to Nigerians? Do you know your husband could be the next person to be locked up against court orders? Do you know that your sons could be killed trying to defend this great nation against Boko Haram and banditry?

A lot is at stake and the voters know this. They know that there is no sacrifice too big for a better Nigeria. Destiny can be delayed but cannot be denied. There is a resolve around the country more than ever. And that resolve goes beyond religion or tribe. That resolve is an unwritten agreement that Never Again shall we have a government without value for human lives. Never again shall we have a government with so much affinity to poverty. Never again shall we have a government so corrupt and never again shall we have a government so incompetent that in the last one month, additional 3m Nigerians have become poorer.

Buhari will not lose this election. In fact he will win with wide margin. I agree Atiku has more supporters among the active Naira Landers but how many are they? Buhari has the support of the masses who are the majority.
Empty barrel make the most noise.
Re: The Real Reason Behind Inec’s Postponement Of The Election By Nonso Ozoemena by Nobody: 11:15am On Feb 16, 2019
oloriLFC:
look, God bless you abundantly. I have been reading a lot of posts and observing. A lot of Nigerians are ignorant, blind and extremely foolish. I pity their future

God bless you too my sister. We will keep trying to educate them.

1 Like

Re: The Real Reason Behind Inec’s Postponement Of The Election By Nonso Ozoemena by Nathaniel79(m): 11:16am On Feb 16, 2019
GoTV:
You and who? Speak for yourself jaare

1 Like

Re: The Real Reason Behind Inec’s Postponement Of The Election By Nonso Ozoemena by pricy007(m): 11:16am On Feb 16, 2019
Mizwisdom:

Go there and live under them
and those who are traveling over there looking for greener pasture aren't them living under them?

1 Like

Re: The Real Reason Behind Inec’s Postponement Of The Election By Nonso Ozoemena by Zenlife: 11:18am On Feb 16, 2019
Whatever the reason,
I suggest with permission of the Benin Republic, USA warplanes should station there facing the zoo. 1 week to go?
Plenty of time.
Re: The Real Reason Behind Inec’s Postponement Of The Election By Nonso Ozoemena by Nobody: 11:21am On Feb 16, 2019
jchioma:
BREAKING REASON!!!!

Nigerians should be grateful to the United States for saving our democracy today. This is why the party in power got frustrated about the international communities interference at one point and threatened “body bags” because they know, “America would know”.

We are a sovereign state, agreed, but there was nothing Nigerians would have done tonight to prevent Mohammadu Buhari from rigging this election if not for the intervention of the US.

The Buhari government in collaboration with INEC had an agenda on how to rig the election in favor of Buhari. This was what they were planning to execute tonight with the postponement drama when the United States govt got a wind of it and called the INEC Chairman not to dare!

Their Plan...

The strategy was to allow elections hold in 26 states and postpone it in 10 states. For the ten states, they had two plans; late arrival of election materials and security crisis.

The idea was to deliberately allow materials arrive late as we are already witnessing in some states and INEC would have no option but to postpone elections in those states. For instance, the aircraft that was supposed to deliver materials to Enugu was told it can't land because of bad weather conditions and it had to land in Port Harcourt. Right before us, elections in Enugu would have been postponed.

The crisis template was executed in Kaduna today. The news of Kaduna State killings of 66 people today was part of the plan to create an atmosphere of catastrophic so that INEC would postpone the election in Kaduna State citing security challenges. The news of the killings was fabricated and sponsored by the 3 inches 'body bag' Governor of that state.

For the 26 states that election would have held, the plan was to watch out for the outcome. If it favours Atiku, whatever the margin is, they would deploy heavy security agents to ensure they get enough votes to cover up the margin in the 10 states that elections were to be postponed as they did in Osun state.

With this plan, Buhari would be elected back as president… but the US said, NO!! Elections across the 36 states must hold simultaneously, they insist.

N-Credit:
Ubeku M.

You and the person whose writeup you posted here are quite the consummate illiterate.

I am not really surprised. You are Chioma, the other fella is Ubeku. Birds of the same feather.

Exactly what Ojukwu did during the civil war when he thought peddling lies and propaganda was the way to win an ill-prepared for war.

Continue peddling lies. When DSS breaks down your door now and arrests you you will start crying abi or you think your IP address can't be traced to your location?

I wonder what your goal is anyway. To cause chaos? War, perhaps? You've forgotten that you guys are scattered across the length and breadth of Nigeria and any pogrom will affect you the most?
Re: The Real Reason Behind Inec’s Postponement Of The Election By Nonso Ozoemena by teejet: 11:21am On Feb 16, 2019
jchioma:
BREAKING REASON!!!!

Their Plan...

N-Credit:
Ubeku M.

Propaganda!

Propaganda!!

Propaganda!!!
Re: The Real Reason Behind Inec’s Postponement Of The Election By Nonso Ozoemena by pmaximin: 11:22am On Feb 16, 2019
This is operation táà tó ñ. To the ever conscious and conscientious Nigerians. To the indefatigable Nigerians. We must remain resolute and uncompromised about our resolve to make a change. Lets say no to every instrument of demoralisation purported to cow us into slavery of conscience. I refused to be intimidated. Please be strong willed. The election can still be shifted but can never be denied. Be determined to vote out tyranny in disguise. Be prepared to vote out every appearances of self-styled democratised draconians. This is our land. You can cow people with gun, money ...but can't cow thier will. Don't sell out your conscience. According to the immortal words of Martin Luther who says and i quote that "I have a dream..." i share this dreams with every sensitive Nigerians that one day, we shall dwell in our Land of great dreams. Nigeria will survive! Nigerians will prevail! Long lived the Federal Republic of Nigeria!!! - I remain De Prince
Re: The Real Reason Behind Inec’s Postponement Of The Election By Nonso Ozoemena by sageer1706(m): 11:22am On Feb 16, 2019
Lemme get this straight... if the APC is this bad is it the PDP that started the problem we should vote?

1 Like

Re: The Real Reason Behind Inec’s Postponement Of The Election By Nonso Ozoemena by K2asure: 11:24am On Feb 16, 2019
FLASHBACK: In 2011, INEC moved elections after voting had started!
Many Nigerians have expressed disappointment that the 2019 general election was postponed by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) less than 10 hours to the commencement of the voting process.

What about this? In 2011, voting had actually started in some parts of the country when INEC announced that the election had been moved by two days!

The national assembly elections were scheduled for April 2, 2011 and had commenced smoothly in states such as Lagos, Kaduna, Kebbi, Delta, Zamfara and Enugu when Attahiru Jega, a professor and INEC chairman, announced the postponement. Reason: late deployment of electoral materials.

Four years later, Jega would move the elections again, this time by six weeks following pressure from the security chiefs who said they needed time to “diminish Boko Haram”.

TheCable has gone into the archives for the text of the address made by Jega on April 2, 2011 announcing the shift in dates. This is reproduced below.

‘What is worth doing is worth doing well’
Dear Compatriots, since this Commission started work in July 2010, I have repeatedly promised Nigerians that in carrying out our duties we shall always be sincere and truthful with Nigerians. I have always said that this INEC will be upfront with Nigerians, telling you exactly how things are – sharing both our successes and difficulties with you.

This is one such occasion. Indeed, it is an emergency. As you know the National Assembly (House of Representatives and Senate) elections are supposed to be taking place as I speak. You would also have noticed that things have not proceeded smoothly as expected with the elections. The reason for this is the unanticipated emergency we have experienced with late arrival of result sheets in many parts of the country. The result sheets are central to the elections and their integrity. Accordingly, in many places, our officials have not reported at the polling units, making it now difficult to implement the Modified Open Ballot Procedure that we have adopted. Not only do we have to enter the results in the sheets, the number of accredited voters is also to be entered in the result sheet. While we could have proceeded with the elections in a few States of the country, where all the materials are available, such as Lagos, Kaduna, Kebbi, Delta, Zamfara and Enugu, among others, in order to maintain the integrity of the elections and retain effective overall control of the process, the Commission has taken the difficult but necessary decision to postpone the National Assembly elections to Monday, April 4, 2011.

I appeal to all Nigerians for their understanding in this difficult situation. We as a Commission appreciate the profound sacrifice that you have all made not just in turning out today, but also throughout this election season. We are greatly encouraged by you and our appeal is that you remain steadfast in this last lap of this electoral process in the interest of all Nigerians and in the cause of democracy.

The Commission will immediately be contacting all political parties, as major stakeholders to explain the situation. I appeal for their support in explaining the situation to their members and supporters.

May I also appeal to all other stakeholders, particularly national and international observers and our development partners for continued understanding. I realize that they have committed enormous resources to this process, especially in deploying observers in the field. However, we think that what is worth doing is worth doing well.

Finally, while we deeply regret this situation and apologise to Nigerians for the hardship this may have created, I would like to reiterate that we are fully committed to conducting free, fair and credible elections for Nigerians. The decision the Commission has taken is weighty; but it is also a very important step in further ensuring the credibility of the elections.

2 Likes

Re: The Real Reason Behind Inec’s Postponement Of The Election By Nonso Ozoemena by Dchair2: 11:27am On Feb 16, 2019
chloride6:

How independent truly is the independent national electoral body?
Re: The Real Reason Behind Inec’s Postponement Of The Election By Nonso Ozoemena by njimezz(m): 11:29am On Feb 16, 2019
U are high and brainless, Who is in charge of the government INEC if not Buhari why call PDP into dis matter. Can PDP issue an order for INEC to postponed the election without the consent of Buhari. Watch ur mouth.
chloride6:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Real Reason Behind Inec’s Postponement Of The Election By Nonso Ozoemena by Tywo244(m): 11:30am On Feb 16, 2019
pricy007:
I just think the white should come and recolonize this country..
u don vex bro they go dey put chain for our nose again
Re: The Real Reason Behind Inec’s Postponement Of The Election By Nonso Ozoemena by ezkimow(m): 11:46am On Feb 16, 2019
GoTV:

angryAre you OK?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What Rochas Okorocha Did To The Imo Govt House (pics) / Photos Of Tax Receipts Issued By Boko Haram To Farmers, Herdsmen In Borno Contro / Inside Bola Tinubu's Private Jet (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.