Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,190 members, 7,829,261 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:02 PM

President Buhari’s Statement On Postponement Of Elections By INEC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Buhari’s Statement On Postponement Of Elections By INEC (229 Views)

Tinubu Breaks Silence On Postponement Of Election, Tells Nigerians What To Do / BREAKING: Buhari Speaks On Postponement Of 2019 General Elections / INEC's Official Statement On Postponement Of 2019 Elections (Transcript) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

President Buhari’s Statement On Postponement Of Elections By INEC by Sanromeo(m): 11:29am On Feb 16, 2019
February 16, 2019
STATEMENT BY PRESIDENT BUHARI ON THE POSTPONEMENT OF GENERAL ELECTIONS BY INEC

I am deeply disappointed that despite the long notice given and our preparations both locally and internationally, the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) postponed the Presidential and National Assembly elections within hours of its commencement.

Many Nigerians have traveled to various locations to exercise their right to vote, and international observers are gathered.

INEC themselves have given assurances, day after day and almost hour after hour that they are in complete readiness for the elections. We and all our citizens believed them.

This administration has ensured that we do not interfere in any way with the work of INEC except to ensure that all funds were released to the commission.

We now urge INEC to ensure not only that materials already distributed are safe and do not get into wrong hands, but that everything is done to avoid the lapses that resulted in this unfortunate postponement, and ensure a free and fair election on the rescheduled dates.

While I reaffirm my strong commitment to the independence, neutrality of the electoral umpire and the sanctity of the electoral process and ballot, I urge all political stakeholders and Nigerians to continue to rally round INEC at this trying national moment in our democratic journey.

I, therefore, appeal to all Nigerians to refrain from all civil disorder and remain peaceful, patriotic and united to ensure that no force or conspiracy derail our democratic development.

I have decided to move back to Abuja to ensure that the 14.00 hrs meeting called by INEC with all stakeholders is successful.

Muhammadu Buhari

https://punchng.com/president-buharis-statement-on-postponement-of-elections-by-inec/amp/?__twitter_impression=true
Re: President Buhari’s Statement On Postponement Of Elections By INEC by majamajic(m): 11:31am On Feb 16, 2019
this man
Re: President Buhari’s Statement On Postponement Of Elections By INEC by faaz24: 11:33am On Feb 16, 2019
MY OPINION ON THE POSTPONEMENT OF THE GENERAL ELECTIONS

Fellow compatriots, there is more to it than what meets the eye, about INEC's surprising decision to postpone the general elections, due to commence today. My guts feeling is that, the postponement has everything to do with security threats, and probably nothing to do with logistics and operations, as claimed by INEC. I refuse to buy this INEC's simplistic narrative.

In the attached photos, you see election results already prepared in favour of the PDP in Abia State. The culprits have since been arrested and are helping the authorities with their investigation. In Kano state too, a truck loaded with ballot papers thumb printed, in favour of the APC, have been apprehended by the police. Meanwhile you also see a dangerous suspect, who went to the Delta State INEC office well armed. Furthermore, in some SE states, INEC offices have been burnt down by IPOB terrorists.

But worse still, the Kaduna State Governor, Nasir El-Rufai, on Friday, confirmed the massacre of 66 Fulani people in Kajuru Local Government Area of the state. Among the victims were 22 children and 12 women, while four wounded persons were rescued alive, the governor said in a press release.

Now, with all these ugly local domestic happenings, let us factor in the foreign threats for an objective analysis. First on the list, let us analyse the CIA with their bad intentions. They unashamedly came out to publicly say that they are closely watching the general elections with microscopic lenses. But we know how the CIA works. They are the most dangerous terrorist organisation the world has ever seen. They sponsor terrorism around the world. They then blame it on whoever they want to undermine.

Secondly, let us study France, the co-sponsors of Boko Haram, whose life ambition is to see the destruction of the Nigerian state. It is alleged that Atiku Abubakar has promised to sell off the NNPC to a French company in return to the French government's alleged massive financial support to his presidential campaign.

Thirdly, let us analyse Iran, who are also alleged to be playing a dirty game on us. They have been allegedly supporting Atiku, in revenge for the Zaria massacre of Shia followers, and indefinite incarceration of Mallam Ibrahim El-zakzaky.

There might be numerous other external threats that cannot even be mentioned on social media platforms. So, while I am as angry and disappointed as everybody else for the postponement of the general elections, considering the colossal amount of money given to INEC to deliver these elections in a free and fair manner, postponing the elections just hours away from commencement can only mean security threats that are too heavy to ignore have surfaced.

I therefore call on fellow Nigerians to be very objective in condemning this unwelcome development. May it be in the best interest of Nigeria and Nigerians. Amen. No matter what the internal and external threats, the general elections will definitely be held.

May God save Nigeria and Nigerians. Amen.

Dr. Idris Ahmed.
CUPS.
16/02/2019.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari’s Statement On Postponement Of Elections By INEC by Mynd44: 11:36am On Feb 16, 2019

(1)

NLC To Nigerians: Go Out And Vote On Saturday / Akwa Ibom Launches Ibom Air Amidst Jubilation / One People, One Purpose, One Rep

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.