Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,828 members, 7,820,908 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:00 AM

El-Rufai Accused Of Blackmailing Shehu Sani During A Campaign Rally In Kaduna - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / El-Rufai Accused Of Blackmailing Shehu Sani During A Campaign Rally In Kaduna (19468 Views)

Adewole Adebayo: We'll Run A Campaign Without Cash Inducement And Intimidation / Daniel Amokachi Converts His G-Wagon Into A Campaign Vehicle For APC / Orji Kalu Reacts After Seeing This At APC Campaign Rally In Ekiti State(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: El-Rufai Accused Of Blackmailing Shehu Sani During A Campaign Rally In Kaduna by donprinyo(m): 2:55pm On Feb 16, 2019
indomitableme:
Great Nigerians!
Do you really believe that INEC could be incompetent to deliver, on the very day of the long awaited presidential elections?
Well this is not time to cast blames or suspicions, everything happen for reasons that can give us opportunity to take the right steps. Don’t be dismayed over the postponement; rather see it as a time to make a one last and right thought collectively and make a giant leap.
I wonder if it ever occurs to us that Nigerian politics is not a two-party system, however due to the way the minds of most Nigerians have been programmed to think, what has become familiar is APC and PDP. Amidst the oppressions, poverty, foreclosures of companies and loss of jobs, setbacks, failures and woes they’ve caused the nation because of their self-centeredness and their governmental system based on thievery and thuggery, we still chant “Up APC” “Up PDP” and we are willing to vote in our enemies and oppressors again? How can we move forward?
APC’s campaigns and considerations by the masses for coming into power were based on promises (uneducated promises I call it). One of the so-called catchy ones was the promise of bringing one naira too one dollar, this and other APC’s promises reeked of any proper analogy Smh!
APC government in all ramifications today, is crippling the nation, and has beyond reasonable doubt brought much sufferings and untold hardship to the masses, from the rich to the poor. Insecurity of the nation is on the rise that you don’t know if a member of your family could be the next victim. Why should APC deserve your vote?
APC joined league with PDP in corruption and has done it better, PDP being the grand. PDP’s campaign statements really show that there is no change in the system. Why should NNPC be scrapped or sold? Why should amnesty be granted to criminals? No proper planning of ranching system to curtail the killings by Fulani herdsmen? The corruption allegations of PDP’s candidate are too gross to be ignored. Why should PDP deserve your vote?
We must at this point realize that APC and PDP are not the answers to the country’s myriads of problems, as a matter of fact; they have completely failed the nation. We must also realize that a political office is all about service. Who are they meant to serve? It is the masses. If an employer judges the output of his employee to be poor, he gets him fired and employs a better candidate.
Friends, there is one good and ideal candidate that has been tried and has the brain to man this country without the influences of cabals! He is a young leader that understands and is current with the country’s economy, competent enough to address national issues and bring solutions.
He is Omoyele Sowore, AAC presidential candidate. I have carefully studied his profile and I am convinced that he is the right candidate that Nigeria needs now. I urge you also to make more findings about him. Sowore is a man of integrity, whose history has no dent of one corruption allegation.
The verdict from THE CANDIDATES has declared him as the best candidate. This is a fact that we should not ignore, if we are truly concerned about the situation of this nation. He was the most drilled, of all the presidential aspirants that were featured.
Friends, the power to revive this country is in our hands, and we have the opportunity now! If you really mean well for this nation, please erase APC and PDP off your mind, and consider voting for AAC. Even if you are not convinced to vote Sowore, think of any other better candidate, but definitely not APC and PDP that has failed us.
By and large I am strongly of the support for one voice for the masses, we have the opportunity now to sack our enemies and oppressors, APC and PDP. Let us unite with one voice and support and vote in a youthful and intelligent leader who has what it takes to change this country for good.
Say goodbye to your oppressors, Vote AAC (Omoyele Sowore).
APC agent trying so hard to decimate PDP votes. A vote for sowore is a vote for Bubu de Dullard and cabal.

1 Like

Re: El-Rufai Accused Of Blackmailing Shehu Sani During A Campaign Rally In Kaduna by joeyswift(m): 3:02pm On Feb 16, 2019
This was how they were inciting hatred against Jonathan in 2011 and 2015

2 Likes

Re: El-Rufai Accused Of Blackmailing Shehu Sani During A Campaign Rally In Kaduna by ItsMeAboki(m): 3:02pm On Feb 16, 2019
Just watched the video and found nothing like blackmail in El Rufai's speech; the parson relaying the story is yet again among the unfortunately growing ranks of the intellectually lazy with poor comprehension and grasp of the English vocabulary.

El Rufai was simply campaigning and presenting his choice candidate to the crowd, as a political barber who would politically shave off Senator Shehu Sani's huge growth of hair - how is that blackmail?
Re: El-Rufai Accused Of Blackmailing Shehu Sani During A Campaign Rally In Kaduna by Omoluabi16(m): 3:03pm On Feb 16, 2019
Why is he addressing kids in this kind of setting? What are kids doing in a campaign ground? Under age voting in play.. The day almajiri system is eradicated in the north they'll start to experience real progress.

1 Like

Re: El-Rufai Accused Of Blackmailing Shehu Sani During A Campaign Rally In Kaduna by indomitableme: 3:04pm On Feb 16, 2019
I am pretty not sure you even read through the contents before spilling out your dungs.
donprinyo:

APC agent trying so hard to decimate PDP votes. A vote for sowore is a vote for Bubu de Dullard and cabal.
Re: El-Rufai Accused Of Blackmailing Shehu Sani During A Campaign Rally In Kaduna by jaytee01(m): 3:05pm On Feb 16, 2019
El Rufai is scum.

Stupid bigot and terrorist.

1 Like

Re: El-Rufai Accused Of Blackmailing Shehu Sani During A Campaign Rally In Kaduna by Larryallovernig: 3:05pm On Feb 16, 2019
#BREAKING_NEWS!

The INEC Chairman Prof. Mahmood Yakubu has finally stepped down.

It has just been announced on Channels, BBC News, AIT, TVC and NTA news that The INEC Chairman Prof. Mahmood Yakubu finally stepped down.

He stepped down from his car today in front of his office to continue the meeting with stakeholders in connection with the postponement of the elections. Àm on my way ������to join the meeting.
��������

YOU TOO LIKE NEWS�

Thank you for your attention...
No vex oooo.
Nigeria go better.
Re: El-Rufai Accused Of Blackmailing Shehu Sani During A Campaign Rally In Kaduna by amazon14: 3:17pm On Feb 16, 2019
Hellrufai, Amechi, laid Mohammed, Akpabio, Oshimole and the rest of evil party should as matter of urgent start to look for country that will grant them asylum, because Atiku is coming.

1 Like

Re: El-Rufai Accused Of Blackmailing Shehu Sani During A Campaign Rally In Kaduna by StaffofOrayan(m): 3:19pm On Feb 16, 2019
There is a reason all the school built by Johnathan was all destroyed, it's easier to control the uneducated and hungry

1 Like

Re: El-Rufai Accused Of Blackmailing Shehu Sani During A Campaign Rally In Kaduna by ivandragon: 3:26pm On Feb 16, 2019
ItsMeAboki:
Just watched the video and found nothing like blackmail in El Rufai's speech; the parson relaying the story is yet again among the unfortunately growing ranks of the intellectually lazy with poor comprehension and grasp of the English vocabulary.

El Rufai was simply campaigning and presenting his choice candidate to the crowd, as a political barber who would politically shave off Senator Shehu Sani's huge growth of hair - how is that blackmail?

Are kids now eligible to vote?

1 Like

Re: El-Rufai Accused Of Blackmailing Shehu Sani During A Campaign Rally In Kaduna by lovebless: 4:09pm On Feb 16, 2019
Great Nigerians!
Do you really believe that INEC could be incompetent to deliver, on the very day of the long awaited presidential elections?
Well this is not time to cast blames or suspicions, everything happen for reasons that can give us opportunity to take the right steps. Don’t be dismayed over the postponement; rather see it as a time to make a one last and right thought collectively and make a giant leap.
I wonder if it ever occurs to us that Nigerian politics is not a two-party system, however due to the way the minds of most Nigerians have been programmed to think, what has become familiar is APC and PDP. Amidst the oppressions, poverty, foreclosures of companies and loss of jobs, setbacks, failures and woes they’ve caused the nation because of their self-centeredness and their governmental system based on thievery and thuggery, we still chant “Up APC” “Up PDP” and we are willing to vote in our enemies and oppressors again? How can we move forward?
APC’s campaigns and considerations by the masses for coming into power were based on promises (uneducated promises I call it). One of the so-called catchy ones was the promise of bringing one naira too one dollar, this and other APC’s promises reeked of any proper analogy Smh!
APC government in all ramifications today, is crippling the nation, and has beyond reasonable doubt brought much sufferings and untold hardship to the masses, from the rich to the poor. Insecurity of the nation is on the rise that you don’t know if a member of your family could be the next victim. Why should APC deserve your vote?
APC joined league with PDP in corruption and has done it better, PDP being the grand. PDP’s campaign statements really show that there is no change in the system. Why should NNPC be scrapped or sold? Why should amnesty be granted to criminals? No proper planning of ranching system to curtail the killings by Fulani herdsmen? The corruption allegations of PDP’s candidate are too gross to be ignored. Why should PDP deserve your vote?
We must at this point realize that APC and PDP are not the answers to the country’s myriads of problems, as a matter of fact; they have completely failed the nation. We must also realize that a political office is all about service. Who are they meant to serve? It is the masses. If an employer judges the output of his employee to be poor, he gets him fired and employs a better candidate.
Friends, there is one good and ideal candidate that has been tried and has the brain to man this country without the influences of cabals! He is a young leader that understands and is current with the country’s economy, competent enough to address national issues and bring solutions.
He is Omoyele Sowore, AAC presidential candidate. I have carefully studied his profile and I am convinced that he is the right candidate that Nigeria needs now. I urge you also to make more findings about him. Sowore is a man of integrity, whose history has no dent of one corruption allegation.
The verdict from THE CANDIDATES has declared him as the best candidate. This is a fact that we should not ignore, if we are truly concerned about the situation of this nation. He was the most drilled, of all the presidential aspirants that were featured.
Friends, the power to revive this country is in our hands, and we have the opportunity now! If you really mean well for this nation, please erase APC and PDP off your mind, and consider voting for AAC. Even if you are not convinced to vote Sowore, think of any other better candidate, but definitely not APC and PDP that has failed us.
By and large I am strongly of the support for one voice for the masses, we have the opportunity now to sack our enemies and oppressors, APC and PDP. Let us unite with one voice and support and vote in a youthful and intelligent leader who has what it takes to change this country for good.

Great Nigerians!

Great Nigerians!

Sir this thoughtful, but politics is game of number, can you see the crowd at PDP and APC rallies? be it they bought them or not, in mine local government there is no AAC lGA chairman let alone ward not to talk of unit, I doubt if 18 States in Nigeria has chairmen.
this structure is what build the party, they become party loyalist, card carrying member engulfed with the party ideology.

84million registered voters, I bet with you that we can't 40million aggregate vote. you why 70% of voters in Nigeria are party card carrying member. no matter the large followers on social media, today o, they don't vote cause;
1 risky
2, time consuming
3 inconvenience
many more.
so if status quo changes, that voting is liberal and encouraging then single candidate can win election but now is not possible.

my plea is let get to grassroot and establishes the party across all 774 LGAs wards and unit, leads by men immense in party vision not political immediate gain, then we can compete successfully.
Re: El-Rufai Accused Of Blackmailing Shehu Sani During A Campaign Rally In Kaduna by Turantula(m): 4:10pm On Feb 16, 2019
indomitableme:
Great Nigerians!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVz1ed2TPnU
Sowore has my vote for NURTW president
Re: El-Rufai Accused Of Blackmailing Shehu Sani During A Campaign Rally In Kaduna by asanwafo: 4:39pm On Feb 16, 2019
El Rufai the PDP and IPOB miscreants' nightmare. They hate u because you insisted that Abj master plan must be maintained. They hate you because u did not allow them to build on water ways. Watch those who commented, they are neither hausa/ Fulani nor from Kaduna state. They are bunch of IPOB/ militants who have resolved to attack anyone with integrity. El Rufai, ride on good nigerians are with u. I just realized that nairaland has been reduced to another cash and carry press by these enemies of progress. Owners of nairaland be warned. The enemy came to kill and destroy. These PDP's IPOB miscreants will not rest untill, in ur effort to please them, u flout the law and ur site closed down. What they can only do is to wail at the comfort of their beds. When it comes to action u won't see them. Check CJN
Re: El-Rufai Accused Of Blackmailing Shehu Sani During A Campaign Rally In Kaduna by ItsMeAboki(m): 4:40pm On Feb 16, 2019
ivandragon:

Are kids now eligible to vote?

Is there an age limit for those attending political rallies?
Re: El-Rufai Accused Of Blackmailing Shehu Sani During A Campaign Rally In Kaduna by asanwafo: 4:48pm On Feb 16, 2019
Good. Not IPOB miscreants canvassing for vote for a man who is among those who put Nigeria where it is today because he promised restructuring. please could someone educate me. What kind of restructuring is Atiku talking about. Is it fiscal restructuring or what?
Re: El-Rufai Accused Of Blackmailing Shehu Sani During A Campaign Rally In Kaduna by ivandragon: 5:02pm On Feb 16, 2019
ItsMeAboki:

So the political rally was organised for kids?
Re: El-Rufai Accused Of Blackmailing Shehu Sani During A Campaign Rally In Kaduna by Obi1kenobi(m): 6:13pm On Feb 16, 2019
ItsMeAboki:

The North does have a reputation for dubious voting patterns, and the involvement of minors who should be ineligible for voting. Does make you wonder though why a politician is addressing a crowd of kids in a political rally. It's just a weird sight for most reasonable people in any functional democracy. Why is he selling his "choice candidate" to children? Are the children voting, or is it the children who would tell their parents who to vote for?

1 Like

Re: El-Rufai Accused Of Blackmailing Shehu Sani During A Campaign Rally In Kaduna by Obi1kenobi(m): 6:15pm On Feb 16, 2019
In any case, what was the point posting this when there is no translation for whatever he was brainwashing impressionable children to chant in a political rally?

1 Like

Re: El-Rufai Accused Of Blackmailing Shehu Sani During A Campaign Rally In Kaduna by ItsMeAboki(m): 1:57am On Feb 17, 2019
Obi1kenobi:

The North does have a reputation for dubious voting patterns, and the involvement of minors who should be ineligible for voting. Does make you wonder though why a politician is addressing a crowd of kids in a political rally. It's just a weird sight for most reasonable people in any functional democracy. Why is he selling his "choice candidate" to children? Are the children voting, or is it the children who would tell their parents who to vote for?

And the south has its reputation for rigging in quite many ways; only just yesterday one of its riggers was caught red handed in Abia with an already completed election result sheet; while the south it too is also not unknown for using minors at elections - just like the ones in the attached photograph in Bayelsa.

The video was very short and didn't cover the vast majority of adults in the audience; in any case northern youths are usually exposed to politics in their early years, that is why northerners are more politically matured and astute than their counter parts in the south - even the non educated ones fair better.

Finally, what may appear weird to some can be quite normal to others.

Re: El-Rufai Accused Of Blackmailing Shehu Sani During A Campaign Rally In Kaduna by Obi1kenobi(m): 2:26am On Feb 17, 2019
ItsMeAboki:

And the south has its reputation for rigging in quite many ways; only just yesterday one of its riggers was caught red handed in Abia with an already completed election result sheet; while the south it too is also not unknown for using minors at elections - just like the ones in the attached photograph in Bayelsa.

The video was very short and didn't cover the vast majority of adults in the audience; in any case northern youths are usually exposed to politics in their early years, that is why northerners are more politically matured and astute than their counter parts in the south - even the non educated ones fair better.

Finally, what may appear weird to some can be quite normal to others.

1) The likes of Reuben Abati credibly documented a pattern of minors voting in the North and there are plenty of videos as well online documenting this clearly in states like Kano, Jigawa etc. Voter registers weren't even used in many wards in accreditation of voters which was what led to the tsunami of minors flooding polling outposts all over the North. I've seen that singular Bayelsa picture circulated, but the evidence is hardly the same.
2) To be honest, minors voting was even secondary to my point. I find it disturbing when impressionable kids are used as political props, particularly by someone as divisive as El Rufai. Quite simply, children do not belong in political rallies. It doesn't matter what El Rufai is chanting there. The kids will do the same, not because of their understanding of politics, but because they are just kids awed by being in the presence of a governor.
3) The emboldened assertion is a tad laughable. Northern politics is still at feudal level. Highly privileged, wealthy elites with the total control of pliant, docile, comparatively uneducated masses. There is nothing "mature" about that. Many Southerners before this scheduled election were flocking bus parks to get away from the North until after the elections due to the established history of senseless post-election deadly violence in the North. You think that is a function of "political maturity"?

1 Like

Re: El-Rufai Accused Of Blackmailing Shehu Sani During A Campaign Rally In Kaduna by ItsMeAboki(m): 4:09am On Feb 17, 2019
Obi1kenobi:

1) The likes of Reuben Abati credibly documented a pattern of minors voting in the North and there are plenty of videos as well online documenting this clearly in states like Kano, Jigawa etc. Voter registers weren't even used in many wards in accreditation of voters which was what led to the tsunami of minors flooding polling outposts all over the North. I've seen that singular Bayelsa picture circulated, but the evidence is hardly the same.
2) To be honest, minors voting was even secondary to my point. I find it disturbing when impressionable kids are used as political props, particularly by someone as divisive as El Rufai. Quite simply, children do not belong in political rallies. It doesn't matter what El Rufai is chanting there. The kids will do the same, not because of their understanding of politics, but because they are just kids awed by being in the presence of a governor.
3) The emboldened assertion is a tad laughable. Northern politics is still at feudal level. Highly privileged, wealthy elites with the total control of pliant, docile, comparatively uneducated masses. There is nothing "mature" about that. Many Southerners before this scheduled election were flocking bus parks to get away from the North until after the elections due to the established history of senseless post-election deadly violence in the North. You think that is a function of "political maturity"?

Ruben Abati was a wrong example to use as a credible reference because he simply cannot be relied upon to be objective; we all haven't forgotten the terrible ethno-religious propaganda role he played in GEJ's failed second term election bid; however, that is not to say minors were not wrongly used in previous elections.
With regards to the non use of voter's registration and video clips you mentioned; this had been thoroughly investigated by INEC and not be in national but state local elections which INEC had no control or involvement.
The minors you saw were not invited or coerced into the rally but there out of curiosity and I doubt if such experience would have any negative impact on them; because there was nothing untoward happening or being said by El Rufai - except in your own imagination.

The average northerner is politically informed an more astute than you obviously think; they all have choices but enter into small groups of follower-ship which coalesce into parties; because the average northerner understands politics is a game of numbers and that his success depends on mutual support and cooperation - which you mistakenly misconstrue as a feudal system of elites ruling over docile compliant masses.
This explains why the north had produced more national leaders, whether under military rule or democracy; while why many of you in the south have the problem of disunity and penetration.

As for the violence: just compare the number of political killing and maiming currently going on within the two regions - we have less do or die attitude in our politics; while those you claim are fleeing from the north are seemingly doing so out of perceive fear than actual danger of electoral violence.
Re: El-Rufai Accused Of Blackmailing Shehu Sani During A Campaign Rally In Kaduna by Obi1kenobi(m): 5:35am On Feb 17, 2019
ItsMeAboki:

Ruben Abati was a wrong example to use as a credible reference because he simply cannot be relied upon to be objective; we all haven't forgotten the terrible ethno-religious propaganda role he played in GEJ's failed second term election bid; however, that is not to say minors were not wrongly used in previous elections.
With regards to the non use of voter's registration and video clips you mentioned; this had been thoroughly investigated by INEC and not be in national but state local elections which INEC had no control or involvement.
The minors you saw were not invited or coerced into the rally but there out of curiosity and I doubt if such experience would have any negative impact on them; because there was nothing untoward happening or being said by El Rufai - except in your own imagination.

I don't understand Hausa, but El Rufai was clearly chanting something about Shehu Sani, which would obviously have been derogatory. Children don't belong in a toxic, divisive atmosphere like that. Some Northerners in the comment section also clearly disapprove of whatever he was getting those kids to chant. This argument really shouldn't be this complicated. Children should not be used as political props by politicians. Are you seriously arguing against that? I'm not criticizing it because it is in the North. I would say the same whether it was Amosun, or Udom or Obiano or whoever was doing it. Children do not belong in political rallies and certainly shouldn't be chanting against any opposition. It's irresponsible.

The average northerner is politically informed an more astute than you obviously think; they all have choices but enter into small groups of follower-ship which coalesce into parties; because the average northerner understands politics is a game of numbers and that his success depends on mutual support and cooperation - which you mistakenly misconstrue as a feudal system of elites ruling over docile compliant masses.
This explains why the north had produced more national leaders, whether under military rule or democracy; while why many of you in the south have the problem of disunity and penetration.

As for the violence: just compare the number of political killing and maiming currently going on within the two regions - we have less do or die attitude in our politics; while those you claim are fleeing from the north are seemingly doing so out of perceive fear than actual danger of electoral violence.

There is no special information that Northern masses have about politics that Southerners don't have. The North have a political advantage in Nigeria because they have the bigger population by an estimated 55%-45% advantage over the South. They are also more fortunate that the Igbo-Yoruba rivalry has divided Southern politics since independence, when no group in the North have the numbers to politically rival the Hausa-Fulani hegemony. That is why the South is more divided than the North. It has nothing to do with Northern political savvy. Northern politics is not progressive in any way and reflects the hardened social hierarchies in the North.

And are you really arguing that political violence is worse in the South than the North? You're seriously arguing that? What we have in the South is usually more of political thuggery that real deadly riots of the kind that saw 800 people slaughtered in the streets in the North after the 2011 elections. I never forgot that because I personally knew one of the Corpers that was murdered in a police station in Bauchi from UNN: an Ikechukwu Ukeoma. He graduated 2 years before me, but I knew him and I was devastated that.........I won't even bother talking about it again. cry
Kaduna alone will probably see more violence this election than all 17 Southern states combined, and you're comparing political violence between the regions? Are you for real? Who does not know that the North is a deadly place to be in if their favored candidate doesn't win an election?

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Hadiza Bello Masari: Don't Vote Drug Addicted Politicians - Masari's Wife / 'Buhari And The Demons In His Party' - Leadership / PDP Anambra Dares Willie Obiano - Press Release

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.