Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,113 members, 7,814,909 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:56 PM

The New Addition To E-series Family Nokia E5, Anyone Using It Yet - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The New Addition To E-series Family Nokia E5, Anyone Using It Yet (1868 Views)

Anyone Using The Lenovo vibe P1m / Anyone Using Itel Inote Prime? / Help I Can't Stream Wit My Nokia E5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The New Addition To E-series Family Nokia E5, Anyone Using It Yet by jaysay(m): 8:21pm On Aug 24, 2010
i read this review about nokia e5, the new addition to the e-series family,
it kind off sound like it'll be great. i have been considering going for e72,
i may just go for it, kindly share your experience using it.
Re: The New Addition To E-series Family Nokia E5, Anyone Using It Yet by inze(m): 7:41am On Aug 26, 2010
They both seems same but cheaper on the e5.
Currently rocking the E72, though not seen the E5 but its specs seems as cool as the E72 nothing more.
Re: The New Addition To E-series Family Nokia E5, Anyone Using It Yet by lynxnoon(m): 1:02pm On Aug 26, 2010
nobody talking about E73? cool cool
Re: The New Addition To E-series Family Nokia E5, Anyone Using It Yet by lynxnoon(m): 7:50pm On Aug 26, 2010
am a nokia fan oh. . . .
but men ANDROID is the way. . . .
Re: The New Addition To E-series Family Nokia E5, Anyone Using It Yet by puskin: 4:05am On Aug 27, 2010
Why can't Nokia ever come up with something worth dying to have. . . . .I mean they just keep churning out fones with almost basically the same specs, lil' improvements and no touche designs.

They had better go back to dat their lab. and do sumtin really remarkable.

Im tired of dis hardware upgrades and lil' or basically no improvements in the OS/firmware. mshewww!!!!!!!!!

lynxnoon:

am a nokia fan oh. . . .
but men ANDROID is the way. . . .

Nuttin' beats open-source.
Re: The New Addition To E-series Family Nokia E5, Anyone Using It Yet by lynxnoon(m): 1:29pm On Aug 27, 2010
yes oh grin grin grin
Re: The New Addition To E-series Family Nokia E5, Anyone Using It Yet by Ikeobinna(m): 12:41am On Aug 29, 2010
I use E61, how do l maximise its usage. eobinna44@yahoo.com
Re: The New Addition To E-series Family Nokia E5, Anyone Using It Yet by EvilBrain1(m): 1:25pm On Aug 30, 2010
Bought the E5 last week for 37k.
Its not bad at all. The build quality is very good and it doesn't feel cheap at all. The keyboard is actually better than the E72's and the battery life is excellent. It has the same 600mhz processor as the E72 but twice as much ram (256mb). Ram has been a major weakness of Nokia phones of late (esp. the N97) so its nice to see them addressing this.
The camera is slightly rubbish though. Its 5 megapixels but fixed focus and it takes crappy pictures. The screen is also slightly inferior to what usually obtains in this price range though its not that noticable especially to the untrained eye.
It has a very good IM client that works with MSN, yahoo and gtalk. Combining this with the email client gives you a very blackberry-like experience depending on how good you edge/3G service is.
It also has GPS and Ovi maps wih free navigation but no accelerometer or digital compass unlike the E72.
If it was a little bit cheaper, I would have said this was a fantastic deal. Nokia actually announced in April that it would cost only 180 dollars (N27k) but they've jacked up the price since then. The problem is that it now costs about the same as a Blackberry curve which is a better messanging phone so I can't really recommend it unless like me, you can't stand Blackberrys.
6/10
Re: The New Addition To E-series Family Nokia E5, Anyone Using It Yet by EvilBrain1(m): 1:28pm On Aug 30, 2010
Bought the E5 last week for 37k.
Its not bad at all. The build quality is very good and it doesn't feel cheap at all. The keyboard is actually better than the E72's (I'm typing this post with it) and the battery life is excellent. It has the same 600mhz processor as the E72 but twice as much RAM (256mb). RAM has been a major weakness of Nokia phones of late (esp. the N97) so its nice to see them addressing this.
The camera is slightly rubbish though. Its 5 megapixels but fixed focus and it takes crappy pictures. The screen is also slightly inferior to what usually obtains in this price range though its not that noticable especially to the untrained eye.
It has a very good IM client that works with MSN, yahoo and gtalk. Combining this with the email client gives you a very blackberry-like experience depending on how good you edge/3G service is.
It also has GPS and Ovi maps wih free navigation but no accelerometer or digital compass unlike the E72.
If it was a little bit cheaper, I would have said this was a fantastic deal. Nokia actually announced in April that it would cost only 180 dollars (N27k) but they've jacked up the price since then. The problem is that it now costs about the same as a Blackberry curve which is a better messanging phone so I can't really recommend it unless like me, you can't stand Blackberrys.
6/10
Re: The New Addition To E-series Family Nokia E5, Anyone Using It Yet by EvilBrain1(m): 11:32pm On Aug 30, 2010
On second thought, maybe I was too harsh on the camera. I've played with it a little more and its actually not that bad. I still think the E72's is better sha. At least that one can focus and take macro shots.
Re: The New Addition To E-series Family Nokia E5, Anyone Using It Yet by zenus(m): 6:11pm On Aug 31, 2010
The beta side for the phone is push email facility which E72 lacks.
so it's a better messaging phone compare to E72
Re: The New Addition To E-series Family Nokia E5, Anyone Using It Yet by EvilBrain1(m): 12:53am On Sep 01, 2010
The beta side for the phone is push email facility which E72 lacks.
so it's a better messaging phone compare to E72

The push e-mail function comes from the Nokia Messaging app which is easy to download for the E72 through the Ovi store. The only difference is that it comes built-in with the E5. In any case, I haven't been able to get it to work. I'm still using old school POP to get my emails for now.

To me, the main difference between the two phones (besides the camera) is the extra 128Mb of RAM. Sometimes, I find myself running 10 or more apps at the same time and I haven't had a single out-of-memory error. Its a really big improvement.
Re: The New Addition To E-series Family Nokia E5, Anyone Using It Yet by lynxnoon(m): 11:02am On Sep 01, 2010
but the e72 looks sleeker dan the e5. . . .
well cant say about the performance of both since i hv not personally handled them undecided
Re: The New Addition To E-series Family Nokia E5, Anyone Using It Yet by Justinah4real(f): 5:13pm On Sep 01, 2014
Who wants to sell Nokia c3 or e5. Sms 07067425398
Re: The New Addition To E-series Family Nokia E5, Anyone Using It Yet by yutres: 9:56am On Sep 03, 2014
Checkout these affordable Nokia phones . Click here to see their pictures, specifications and prices. Free home delivery + Pay on delivery.
Re: The New Addition To E-series Family Nokia E5, Anyone Using It Yet by beinstein(m): 10:48am On Sep 03, 2014
yutres: Checkout these affordable Nokia phones . Click here to see their pictures, specifications and prices. Free home delivery + Pay on delivery.
Maaaan you just brought a dead thread to life...lol

(1) (Reply)

How To Share Transfer And Share Files Between Your Pc And Bluestacks / How To Remove Malware Virus From Your Android Device / Where To Repair Alcatel Phone In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.