Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,863 members, 7,817,557 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:19 PM

Medieval ARPG Devlog - Hobby Project - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Medieval ARPG Devlog - Hobby Project (775 Views)

Dark And Darker Is The Magical And Medieval Development / Musia The Encounter (yoruba Video Game ) Devlog (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Medieval ARPG Devlog - Hobby Project by louie3(m): 4:33pm On Feb 16, 2019
I've been planning to create an action rpg for sometime now and I finally found the balls to start. To make it more fun, I've decided to take you fellas along. These I plan to accomplish with this project.

1. Normal game play mechanics in every ARPG you've seen before.
2. A character selection. I've started with a Knight character. Another character with a different style of combat style will be added as the project progresses.
3. Different combat system - depending on the selected character. E.g sword fight, archery and anything else that may come to mind.
4. Dialogue system
5. Quest
6. Inventory

These are what I have planned for now. More might be added. I just want to do something nice.

PS. This is not a full game, it's just a hobby project with free models, animations and music. Even the environment that will be added to the project is a free asset from the Epic store.
My hope is that I share my experience of creating a game even if it won't have tons of levels, or for commercial purpose.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Medieval ARPG Devlog - Hobby Project by louie3(m): 4:34pm On Feb 16, 2019
Re: Medieval ARPG Devlog - Hobby Project by louie3(m): 4:40pm On Feb 16, 2019
This is the first game mechanics I've implemented. Just the simple stuff, walking, running, crouching (sneaking) and jumping. I also added a stamina functionality which determines if the player has enough energy to run. If this stamina is low the player cannot run.

For anyone wondering about the process.

Game Engine - UNREAL ENGINE 4
Models and Animations - Mixamo
Re: Medieval ARPG Devlog - Hobby Project by vasaratti: 4:51pm On Feb 16, 2019
louie3:
This is the first game mechanics I've implemented. Just the simple stuff, walking, running, crouching (sneaking) and jumping. I also added a stamina functionality which determines if the player has enough energy to run. If this stamina is low the player cannot run.

For anyone wondering about the process.

Game Engine - UNREAL ENGINE 4
Models and Animations - Mixamo

What Platform?
Re: Medieval ARPG Devlog - Hobby Project by louie3(m): 6:07pm On Feb 16, 2019
vasaratti:

What Platform?
PC.

(1) (Reply)

What's Your Highest Point In This Game? / Site To Download Android Mobile Games / FIFA 21 Graphics On Ps5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.