Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,094 members, 7,849,420 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 09:06 PM

Volkswagen Bora Thread - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Volkswagen Bora Thread (2004 Views)

SOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Distress sales!!Used Volkswagen Bora For Quick Sale nw 220k / 2001 Volkswagen Bora - Tokunbo - Very Low Price / Volkswagen Bora And Passat For Sale (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Volkswagen Bora Thread by sardius: 8:51pm On Aug 24, 2010
I need someone who has been using a Volkswagen Bora to talk about how he has been maintaining it etc

Is it a good car to use in Nigeria etc ? Can he refer a good mechanic etc ?
Re: Volkswagen Bora Thread by Syenite(m): 9:28pm On Aug 24, 2010
The Bora is not the best of the VW products.People have had issues with it. All I can tell you is that it is fragile so you must serviec as at when due and avoid driving on rough terrains.I mean avoid area with pot holes, if it's unavoidable then drive very slowly over them. Over-all it's a car you can enjoy if you bought a very sound one.Happy driving wink
Re: Volkswagen Bora Thread by femmy2010(m): 9:31pm On Aug 24, 2010
How well it would serve you is almost solely dependent on your mech.aside that it is a good one.
Re: Volkswagen Bora Thread by Nicols(m): 9:54pm On Aug 24, 2010
l don't agree with Syenite. My bora is the most reliable car I've ever used. The road to my house is very rough to the extent that flood gets to the bonnet when it rain but it drives across it.
Re: Volkswagen Bora Thread by femmy2010(m): 11:03pm On Aug 24, 2010
Different stroke for different folks.
In all Vw Bora still remain a good buy option and a vast auto mech would make it even more unjoyable.
It is very maintenance friendly and doesnt consume fuel.
What else do you need in a car?
Re: Volkswagen Bora Thread by Fogman(m): 6:33am On Aug 25, 2010
I have noticed that its 2nd hand value is very low, is this not because it is problematic? Siena and other auto afficianados in the house should expantiate further.
Re: Volkswagen Bora Thread by Syenite(m): 11:11am On Aug 25, 2010
Nicols don't get me wrong.You might be quite fortunate to buy a good one(toks) cos VW has stopped the production of the Bora. And have you asked urself y VW stopped making the Bora, reason is the low second hand value and other related issues.By and large it's not in the same class with the Passat and Jetta.

@Poster you've bought the car already all you need to do just like what Femmy2010 said is take the pains and search for a good VW mechanic cos they are very few. Most mechanics are skewed towards Japanese cars.If they tell you they also fix German cars just run away. angry angry

Most of all service when due.
Re: Volkswagen Bora Thread by kuntash: 11:20am On Aug 25, 2010
@ thread owner, excellent!, good thread, not just sale sale sale, we should have threads like this-- Mercedes Benz, Toyota camry, Honda Accord, Suzuki, Audi , Fiat, Truck- mack, etc
Re: Volkswagen Bora Thread by Pappee: 5:07pm On Aug 25, 2010
Dear All,

I was in similar situation about 7 months ago. But the truth about the Bora is better experienced than told.  Most people that have condemned or say something negative, ask them have they used it before? I have one i have been using for the past 7months, and i must inform it is a very strong car, I leave in an area better described as a construction site, and it moves strongly.  I have not done anything on the engine or shocks.  what i do is basic servicing and maintanance.  For your info, the parts prices have droped.  I bought mine as naija used, so i was forced to replace some malfunctioning parts, like throtle valve, gear selector and lever.  It may not be as reliable as toyota, because it is more sensitive, but it is stronger and more durable if well maintained.  the second hand value thing is all about our perception and attitude.  In this part we like bandwagon, and everybody goes toyota/japan.
For safety and fuel efficiency, the japs cant compete with this german machine.

if you need a good mechanic, mine is good; his name is Mr Leke, i wont give you his number.  Go to costain, the mechanic village under the eko brigde that leads to alaka, ask and they will lead you there.  Goodluck, and please go with your heart. Dont listen to people that dont understand the difference between bora and jetta.  The both same of the same. Bora europe, and jetta american.

Pappee kiss
Re: Volkswagen Bora Thread by obojo(m): 7:31pm On Aug 25, 2010
my own personal experience was terrible after the first year,  i bought it brand new and did all the servicing at vw centre,  never had a single crash with it, never entered flood,   but at 70,000km it was seriously acting up,  had issues like injector and fuel pump constantly messing up,  after my oil pump failed and stopped me on 3rd mainland bridge nearly knocking the engine,  i never felt safe with it again,  I sold it promptly,  my friend who was also using a bug  swore never to use a Volkswagen product again,  the 2005 jetta is much better though,  My sister has been using it from 2006 till now without any major issue,  I think the newer ones are more reliable,

mine was a 2002 manual trans,   1.6l
used it for roughly 2yrs give or take

Advantages- very fuel economical and had a freezing ac that never had a single problem till the day i sold it.

(1) (Reply)

Registered 2004 Infinity Fx 35 For N2.5m!!!SOLD!!!SOLD / Vibrant White***tokunbo 2002 Ford Windstar Lx*** / Its Official- 2001 Mazda Tribute Es V6 4x4 Pre-ordered By You Know Who

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.