Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,722 members, 7,820,508 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:12 PM

Nollywood: Let's Talk About Auditions And Waka Pass By Tee Jay Dan. - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Nollywood: Let's Talk About Auditions And Waka Pass By Tee Jay Dan. (315 Views)

Elderly Woman Participates In BBNaija Calabar Auditions, See Reactions / "Blood Flowed, Heads Broken At Lagos BBNaija Auditions"- An Eyewitness Account / The Crowd At The Bbnaija Auditions Is Proof Of Our Flawed Value System (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nollywood: Let's Talk About Auditions And Waka Pass By Tee Jay Dan. by HilarieJohn: 11:40pm On Feb 16, 2019
In an article published by Tee Jay Dan on his website, he shared great insights about auditions and the concept of what we call "Waka Pass" in Nollywood. Below is an excerpt.

About Auditions:

Like my friend Director Solomon Essang – also a member of the Box Office Studios team said, “Auditions are generally a place where you try to fit an actor into a character, not a place where you’re judging an actor’s talent”.

But Is Waka Pass Really Ordinary?

I think the problem is with the perception of an extra as an immaterial prop at the very bottom of production value. Perhaps this explains why in Nollywood extras are referred to as waka pass, a term which makes a mockery of a background actor’s talent. Such is the extent of the acceptance of the perceived insignificance of background acting that even the actors themselves laugh dryly – always with eyes shut, probably in shame – as they announce, “na waka pass I play o”.

But really, what is so serious about appearing once or three times in a 60 – 120 minutes movie? Well, picture it this way....

Click on the link below to read the full article:
https://teejaydan.com/auditions-and-waka-pass/.

PS- I have two quick questions for actors though;

1. How was your experience at your last audition?
2. Have you ever accepted the role of an extra and if so, how was the experience on set?
Re: Nollywood: Let's Talk About Auditions And Waka Pass By Tee Jay Dan. by Nobody: 11:46pm On Feb 16, 2019
I acted as a prisoner last week, I was happy about it, I was on set with zubby, junior pope and the rest

Lol....

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Chaiiii The SA Fake Pastor Has Been Sent To Prison See Watin He Said In Court / Sbcglobal Email Login | Yahoo Login | 855-500-8462 / Spoiler Alert: How It All Ends. My Favorite Scenes: Game Of Thrones Season 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.