Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,119 members, 7,863,902 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 08:35 AM

Woman Filmed Dumping Cat In Wheelie Bin In Coventry - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Woman Filmed Dumping Cat In Wheelie Bin In Coventry (873 Views)

Missing Coventry University Student Found Dead. / Suspected Cultists Butcher Man, Dump Body In Waste Bin In Calabar / Man Kills Woman After Dumping Her To Marry Her Younger Sister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Woman Filmed Dumping Cat In Wheelie Bin In Coventry by MrsSiena1(f): 11:57pm On Aug 24, 2010
The woman is seen throwing the cat in the wheelie bin before walking away
The RSPCA has said it will be speaking to a woman caught on CCTV dumping a cat into a wheelie bin in Coventry.

Lola, a four-year-old tabby, was discovered 15 hours later by owner Darryl Mann after he heard her cries.

He then checked his security cameras and saw footage of the woman first stroking Lola and then grabbing her by the neck and throwing her in the bin.

Police said they had identified the woman and community support officers had been stationed outside her home.

Mr Mann, 26, of Brays Lane, said he had not noticed that Lola had been missing.

"She is a night cat. We sometimes don't see her in the day unless she comes in for food."

He said he had been going out to his car on Sunday morning when he heard her meowing.

"I thought at first she was under the car. But then I found her in the bin."

He later checked his CCTV, which he installed for security reasons, to see how Lola had ended up in the bin.

"I thought she might have got in herself - she's not the brightest cat.

"It's disgusting, she's a lovely cat, she'd never hurt anyone.

Large crowd

"I don't know how someone could do it to such a defenceless animal.

"Obviously, we had to go through a good few hours of video footage, but, within a couple of hours we had it on the internet."

West Midlands Police said they received a call on Sunday evening reporting what had happened.

They said the actions caught on CCTV could constitute an animal cruelty offence because of the likely suffering caused to the cat.

The force said it was supporting the RSPCA investigation and urged the public to leave the matter to the authorities.

It said a large crowd had gathered outside the woman's home and police community support officers were there to monitor the situation.

"Media speculation that the woman is being given police protection is categorically not the case," it added.

"Community support officers are outside the woman's address monitoring a large group of people - most of them from the media - for public order purposes as per routine police procedure."

It said the RSPCA was due to talk to the woman shortly.

Source: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-coventry-warwickshire-11068063
Re: Woman Filmed Dumping Cat In Wheelie Bin In Coventry by Nobody: 12:00am On Aug 25, 2010
Hmmm. I'm no fan of cats (actually, I can't stand them) but that woman went well over the top.
Re: Woman Filmed Dumping Cat In Wheelie Bin In Coventry by VALIDATOR: 8:15am On Aug 25, 2010
Cat?This made it to bbc news?Yet they can't broadcast most of the injustices going on around the world. That's what happens once people are comfortable with life.They prefer the life of their cats to the life of the man next street.RRRRRUBBBBISH news.
Re: Woman Filmed Dumping Cat In Wheelie Bin In Coventry by blank(f): 10:55am On Aug 26, 2010
@ Validator, it didnt just make BBC news, it made all the news stations in the UK wether small or big.
It has even gotten to the point that the lady needs police protection because people have been threathening to kill her.
Yeye people, worse things are going on in the world and they are making such noise about one ugly cat.
Re: Woman Filmed Dumping Cat In Wheelie Bin In Coventry by Nobody: 8:19pm On Aug 30, 2010
blank:

@ Validator, it didnt just make BBC news, it made all the news stations in the UK wether small or big.
It has even gotten to the point that the lady needs police protection because people have been threathening to kill her.
Yeye people, worse things are going on in the world and they are making such noise about one ugly cat.

I couldn't agree more. Soon, pets will be next of kin, ahead of children.
Re: Woman Filmed Dumping Cat In Wheelie Bin In Coventry by DisGuy: 1:41am On Aug 31, 2010
but it's still cruel what she did

and who told you they don't show injustice around the world, if they show you nigerian now you will complain of negative British media,

pets are next of kin to some people with no children
Re: Woman Filmed Dumping Cat In Wheelie Bin In Coventry by blank(f): 2:34am On Aug 31, 2010
Dis Guy:

but it's still cruel what she did

and who told you they don't show injustice around the world, if they show you nigerian now you will complain of negative British media,

pets are next of kin to some people with no children

When your next of kin becomes an animal then you know dat your ready for psychiatric treatment.
Re: Woman Filmed Dumping Cat In Wheelie Bin In Coventry by DisGuy: 2:37am On Aug 31, 2010
hey there are several cats that have been left millions of pounds as inheritance, dont underestimate the importance some people attach to their cats and dogs
Re: Woman Filmed Dumping Cat In Wheelie Bin In Coventry by VALIDATOR: 7:51am On Aug 31, 2010
I watched something on National Geographic Wild Channel recently.A couple actually adopted a gorilla as child.They said they don't really need human children.The gorilla has a room of his own and they all watch movies together and has all comforts just as you will give your kid.The gorilla ended up killing her friend that was just paying them a casual visit.An animal is an animal.

I also watched another where a man kept a python as a pet.One day the python seized him in front of all family members and squeezed life out of him.They called 911 and guess what?The police came and spent long time trying to unwind the python from him just because they didn't want to kill the python.By the time they unwound it.The man was dead.It ain't no fiction.

Did I hear you saying wild animals are different from house pets?Don't worry,once you love your dog more than your human neighbors it is just a matter of time before you become sympathetic toward wild animals.You believe they deserve better lives.WHAT ABOUT YOUR HUMAN NEIGHBORS.
Re: Woman Filmed Dumping Cat In Wheelie Bin In Coventry by VALIDATOR: 7:57am On Aug 31, 2010
Right now,the human race is confused about the basic essence of humanity.We now hear real confused questions like
Why can't a man marry another man.Isn't it a matter of choice and personal preference?A century ago,that was a very silly question to ask publicly.

Why can't you marry your dog?isn't it a matter of choice and personal preference?A century from now,that may no longer be a silly question.

(1) (Reply)

3 Kids Slaughtered In Front Of Their Mothers, 5 Men Shot Dead For Being informat / Sneaky Nigerian Lady Smuggling Cocaine In Her Weave! / Tricycle Operator Commits Suicide In Lover’s Home

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.