Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,772 members, 7,817,143 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:03 AM

Man Fights PHCN Official With Machete Over Light Disconnection In Lagos. Photos - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man Fights PHCN Official With Machete Over Light Disconnection In Lagos. Photos (33937 Views)

Kenyan Man Hacks Wife To Death With Machete Over Infidelity, Attempts Suicide / Man Fights With 2 Girls In Abuja After Sleeping With Them & Refused To Pay / Man Attacks Father With Machete In Cross River For Sleeping With Another Woman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Fights PHCN Official With Machete Over Light Disconnection In Lagos. Photos by omoteacher(m): 3:21pm On Feb 17, 2019
shocked shocked shocked

Issuance of prepaid meters could have stopped this unnecessary gidigbo.
Re: Man Fights PHCN Official With Machete Over Light Disconnection In Lagos. Photos by Peterpanny: 3:21pm On Feb 17, 2019
Ok
Re: Man Fights PHCN Official With Machete Over Light Disconnection In Lagos. Photos by Nobody: 3:21pm On Feb 17, 2019
sammily:
In PMB We trust
You are finished!

3 Likes

Re: Man Fights PHCN Official With Machete Over Light Disconnection In Lagos. Photos by Nobody: 3:22pm On Feb 17, 2019
Nigerians are frustrated..

Fvck the dullard..
Re: Man Fights PHCN Official With Machete Over Light Disconnection In Lagos. Photos by islandmoon: 3:30pm On Feb 17, 2019
a NEPA staff once told me " where you want make me dey chop from if we give everybody meter? na estimated billings we dey chop!!!
Re: Man Fights PHCN Official With Machete Over Light Disconnection In Lagos. Photos by theoldpretender(m): 3:31pm On Feb 17, 2019
DrGoodman:
Buharri has really messed up the power sector in Nigeria

I am going to blame PDP for this mess...and not the APC.

When PDP privatised power in 2013/14, they brought in a law that made Government to be the one setting the prices that the DISCOS would be charging.

As a result, DISCOS cannot charge the prices they want for power. And they are forced by law to pay for power at a price below the cost of production. Which makes it difficult for them to make money...and by extension to fund new facilities.

Add the fact that many people don't pay for power. (ABUJA DISCO has a compliance rate in some areas as low as 48%, except in Abuja itself)...and add the fact that due to the resulting uncertainty in power....the DISCOS cannot raise enough funding...which prevents them from securing loans from banks (unlike the GSM companies which can get loans from banks because there was no law forcing them to lower their prices, plus you cannot use a phone unless you pay money...you can bypass a NEPA meter though)..and we have the mess that we have.

The way forward is for government to allow DISCOS to charge whatever they want, plus allow competition across boundaries., in addition to making sure everyone gets a prepaid meter.Otherwise, we take a hefty loan of $900bn US dollars just to fix things.

3 Likes

Re: Man Fights PHCN Official With Machete Over Light Disconnection In Lagos. Photos by Nobody: 3:36pm On Feb 17, 2019
That's why I trust offa people they have fought for their prepaid meter sharperly no cause for wahala
Re: Man Fights PHCN Official With Machete Over Light Disconnection In Lagos. Photos by Nobody: 3:38pm On Feb 17, 2019
Useless Nigerians. Major problem of beautiful and wonderful Nigeria. Same man would relocate to even Myanmar and start living a normal live. Buh live such in Nigeria, nah they prefer the lawless life in Nigeria. Nigeria must be so tired and fed up with her citizens. Poor Nigeria.
Re: Man Fights PHCN Official With Machete Over Light Disconnection In Lagos. Photos by Chukwurah003: 3:39pm On Feb 17, 2019
DrGoodman:

The same power sector the thief Atiku
privatized and sold to himself and his friends. The gods are laughing at your folly.

2 Likes

Re: Man Fights PHCN Official With Machete Over Light Disconnection In Lagos. Photos by theoldpretender(m): 3:41pm On Feb 17, 2019
Chukwurah003:

The same power sector the thief Atiku
privatized and sold to himself and his friends. The gods are laughing at your folly.

Atiku was not responsible for the DISCOS policy...and he even called for their takeover by the government in 2014 as a APC chieftain.
Re: Man Fights PHCN Official With Machete Over Light Disconnection In Lagos. Photos by timothydare(m): 3:43pm On Feb 17, 2019
Nukilia:
Rubbish people! Give customers prepaid meter they won't do that, but they're quick to carry ladder for the disconnection of light. I guess Nigerians are now waking up to the fraudulent power companies undecided
i can help u with a pre-paid meter
mail me
timothyoloruntoke@gmail.com
Re: Man Fights PHCN Official With Machete Over Light Disconnection In Lagos. Photos by slawali: 3:43pm On Feb 17, 2019
You are mat ,I hope you know what I mean .
DrGoodman:
Re: Man Fights PHCN Official With Machete Over Light Disconnection In Lagos. Photos by Ken4agent(m): 3:44pm On Feb 17, 2019
D guy for let d idiot clamb ladder reach up den shake him off the ladder grin make prepaid available na lie.....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Fights PHCN Official With Machete Over Light Disconnection In Lagos. Photos by lukency(m): 3:46pm On Feb 17, 2019
Good One!
Re: Man Fights PHCN Official With Machete Over Light Disconnection In Lagos. Photos by Kiddo01(m): 4:20pm On Feb 17, 2019
Here in port Harcourt precisely Diobu , l think we need more than machete to fight these mischievous company called PHED, there really cheating on us. No light yet we pay every month
Re: Man Fights PHCN Official With Machete Over Light Disconnection In Lagos. Photos by do4luv14(m): 4:27pm On Feb 17, 2019
Born2Breed:

This will keep happening until pre-paid paid meters are made available to every residence.

the worst part of it, is that they are sharing, three rooms to one meter,
chaiii
Re: Man Fights PHCN Official With Machete Over Light Disconnection In Lagos. Photos by victorian(f): 4:27pm On Feb 17, 2019
Phcn! Bloody thieves !
angry
Re: Man Fights PHCN Official With Machete Over Light Disconnection In Lagos. Photos by AmazingELixir: 4:29pm On Feb 17, 2019
lipsrsealed

See environment I'm sure this kind people go dey think say provision of electricity na free as part of their fundamental human right.
Re: Man Fights PHCN Official With Machete Over Light Disconnection In Lagos. Photos by Krak(m): 4:43pm On Feb 17, 2019
timothydare:

i can help u with a pre-paid meter
mail me
timothyoloruntoke@gmail.com

How much?

1 Like

Re: Man Fights PHCN Official With Machete Over Light Disconnection In Lagos. Photos by Born2Breed(f): 5:20pm On Feb 17, 2019
theoldpretender:

While prepaid meters would reduce the incidence of people not paying their bills....even with that, some people bypass their meters.

Some years ago, some DISCO officals in the area where I used to live caught a guy bypassing his prepaid meter. The resulting confrontation forced the DISCO guys to call the police.

And at my new residence, the previous renter of one of the neighbouring flats bypassed his meter...and had a fine imposed...which he did not pay(and which my landlord had to sort out before the next tenants came).

I won't be surprised IF the chap in question actually has a meter...and bypassed it.

If anyone is caught bypassing,the right thing to do is get the person arrested and taken to court immediately to serve as deterrent to others.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Fights PHCN Official With Machete Over Light Disconnection In Lagos. Photos by whytepawn1(m): 5:35pm On Feb 17, 2019
Benosky011:
For my house for Umuguma, Owerri, I don beg for prepaid meter tire.

One day I go even use matchet fight them.
Ok, imagine say today Na Sunday, yet no light.

Month end now, dem go carry ladder and Bill come.
Only a select few areas in owerri have reliable power supply... Annoyingly every month they surreptitiously bring estimated bills...

1 Like

Re: Man Fights PHCN Official With Machete Over Light Disconnection In Lagos. Photos by soothsayer2: 6:23pm On Feb 17, 2019
While prepaid meters would reduce the incidence of people not paying their bills....even with that, some people bypass their meters.

Some years ago, some DISCO officals in the area where I used to live caught a guy bypassing his prepaid meter. The resulting confrontation forced the DISCO guys to call the police.

And at my new residence, the previous renter of one of the neighbouring flats bypassed his meter...and had a fine imposed...which he did not pay(and which my landlord had to sort out before the next tenants came).

I won't be surprised IF the chap in question actually has a meter...and bypassed it.

You are partially right my bro, if you are a resident of Ojodu Abiodun, Ikeja and Ogba. Then, you will never blame the man in any way. The level of intimidation and oppression from this nuisance called IKEDC Officials has reached a denouement. The have been paying for darkness for so long. They will just stroll into your compound and start behaving like they are the one who built your house for you. We have been pushed to the wall.
Re: Man Fights PHCN Official With Machete Over Light Disconnection In Lagos. Photos by Amaechi5(m): 6:55pm On Feb 17, 2019
Seriously this can be painful, they won't give you light but when it comes to the time for disconnection, you will see light that day, and the next day the will carry ladder for disconnection. Give us light no, prepaid meter no, cause they are gaining from postpaid meter. Here in Nigeria we all act as if it doesn't concern us after all i get money for fuel.

From https://zpykiostech.com/tiktok-app-apk-download/
Re: Man Fights PHCN Official With Machete Over Light Disconnection In Lagos. Photos by olatade(m): 7:04pm On Feb 17, 2019
the guy is forming hard man, assaulting disco officials who are on legitimate duty with a deadly weapon. that fool will regret his actions after the disco is done pressing charges against him.
Re: Man Fights PHCN Official With Machete Over Light Disconnection In Lagos. Photos by mechanics(m): 7:25pm On Feb 17, 2019
That's wrong of him to fight an official doing his lawful duties, he should be arrested and put where he belongs.
Re: Man Fights PHCN Official With Machete Over Light Disconnection In Lagos. Photos by hamrof(m): 7:39pm On Feb 17, 2019
boys are not smiling

Re: Man Fights PHCN Official With Machete Over Light Disconnection In Lagos. Photos by Ojady(m): 7:40pm On Feb 17, 2019
This is a case of misdirected aggression. If only he could use such tenacity on the politicians who daily climb political ladders to disconnect his future.
Re: Man Fights PHCN Official With Machete Over Light Disconnection In Lagos. Photos by Nobody: 7:54pm On Feb 17, 2019
Happened in delta not ikeja
Re: Man Fights PHCN Official With Machete Over Light Disconnection In Lagos. Photos by SOP11: 10:26pm On Feb 17, 2019
grin
OkaNaUbe:
To Beat those people be they hungry me when we de use estimated bills.
Re: Man Fights PHCN Official With Machete Over Light Disconnection In Lagos. Photos by Ezedavo12(m): 11:56pm On Feb 17, 2019
You for cut the head off

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Car Thief Tracked From Edo To Delta State (photo) / Woman Dies After Mistakenly Taking Poisoned Soup Prepared For Cheating Husband / Houseboy Sentenced To Death For Killing Ogun Magistrate (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.