Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,755 members, 7,820,616 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:19 PM

Postponement:  ad-hoc Staff Protest Non Payment Of Allowance In Benue - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Postponement:  ad-hoc Staff Protest Non Payment Of Allowance In Benue (21891 Views)

Rivers Teachers Protest Non-payment Of 5 Years Salaries, Block Govt House / Inec Ad Hoc Staff Being Transported Back (pictures) / INEC Ad-hoc Staff, Corpers Sleeping Outside Its Premises (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Postponement:  ad-hoc Staff Protest Non Payment Of Allowance In Benue by naijapikin04(m): 9:42am On Feb 17, 2019
https://nextedition.com.ng/2019/02/17/postponement-ad-hoc-staff-protest-non-payment-allowance-benue/

Hundreds of ad-hoc staff posted to Ushongo local government area of Benue on Saturday morning staged a protest to demand the payment of their transport allowance by the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC.

Our correspondent gathered that the ad-hoc staff had besieged INEC’s office in the town as early as 8 am demanding that they be given transport fare as well as other allowances as promised them by the commission.

They lamented that most of them had to sleep in the open and some in the buses throughout the night.

Trouble however, started when their demand was not being attended to causing them to protest.

Eyewitnesses who do not want to be named said the ad-hoc staff took to the streets, blocked the entrance to the INEC office and were preparing grounds to start burning used car tyres before the security Joint Task Force arrived the scene to calm the tension.

Some of the affected ad-hoc staff who spoke on the condition of anonymity expressed disappointment in the whole process and urged INEC to make better arrangements for them before next Saturday’s elections.

Postponement: Ad-hoc Staff Protest Non Payment of Allowance In Benue

A staff of INEC who wanted to remain anonymous said they did not refuse to pay them but had asked the ad-hoc staff to show their identity cards.

At the tme of filing this report, normalcy had been restored as the INEC officials had commenced payment of their allowances.

3 Likes

Re: Postponement:  ad-hoc Staff Protest Non Payment Of Allowance In Benue by dsolo(m): 9:50am On Feb 17, 2019
They should pay them

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Postponement:  ad-hoc Staff Protest Non Payment Of Allowance In Benue by Galaticos444: 9:50am On Feb 17, 2019
Buhari must go

45 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Postponement:  ad-hoc Staff Protest Non Payment Of Allowance In Benue by Nobody: 9:50am On Feb 17, 2019
One more week till we consign the tribal bigot, misogynist, demented cretin -To defeat, and send the lifeless dullard from daura packing to engage in the trade of his ancestors permanently undecided

63 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Postponement:  ad-hoc Staff Protest Non Payment Of Allowance In Benue by Richdad50(m): 9:50am On Feb 17, 2019
But let's be honest with ourselves. Inasmuch as I am an ardent supporter of PDP.

The reality on ground is that....

APC will.....

APC will still.....

PDP will win the presidential election on Saturday grin grin grin
This creativity is originally by SolutionMee

55 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Postponement:  ad-hoc Staff Protest Non Payment Of Allowance In Benue by leeikem(m): 9:51am On Feb 17, 2019
Nigeria my country
Re: Postponement:  ad-hoc Staff Protest Non Payment Of Allowance In Benue by ArinzeAnthony03: 9:51am On Feb 17, 2019
There was a country

7 Likes

Re: Postponement:  ad-hoc Staff Protest Non Payment Of Allowance In Benue by pesty100(m): 9:52am On Feb 17, 2019
At least some people are showing their anger, the Corpers are just suffering in silence.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Postponement:  ad-hoc Staff Protest Non Payment Of Allowance In Benue by dhardy09: 9:52am On Feb 17, 2019
Nothing good comes out of this Government ... It's over already
#Buhari Must Go
Atiku Aguero Abubakar for President

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Postponement:  ad-hoc Staff Protest Non Payment Of Allowance In Benue by AHCB: 9:52am On Feb 17, 2019
I won't be surprise if one idiot has eaten the money. Lol

4 Likes

Re: Postponement:  ad-hoc Staff Protest Non Payment Of Allowance In Benue by salbis(m): 9:53am On Feb 17, 2019
Nigeria my country. grin grin
Re: Postponement:  ad-hoc Staff Protest Non Payment Of Allowance In Benue by noble71(m): 9:53am On Feb 17, 2019
angry This INEC chairman with his APC cap undecided Buhari Must Go!

2 Likes

Re: Postponement:  ad-hoc Staff Protest Non Payment Of Allowance In Benue by ebuka10box(m): 9:53am On Feb 17, 2019
Sometimes I laugh at all these corpers who blame inec bla!bla!bla! The truth is that u weren't forced to become an inec official and things didn't turn out the positive side. Most of us on this platform are ex corpers and trust me we had harsh treatment and even more in camp. I feel no sympathy for those pictures posted of corpers sleeping in buses or on the floor cause u signed for it ...inec no force you oh

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Postponement:  ad-hoc Staff Protest Non Payment Of Allowance In Benue by frankputer: 9:54am On Feb 17, 2019
Problem everywhere.
Re: Postponement:  ad-hoc Staff Protest Non Payment Of Allowance In Benue by Firefire(m): 9:54am On Feb 17, 2019
Fraudulent administration

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Postponement:  ad-hoc Staff Protest Non Payment Of Allowance In Benue by Devondt(m): 9:55am On Feb 17, 2019
Pay una for work way una no do,bunch of crazy lazy youths

1 Like

Re: Postponement:  ad-hoc Staff Protest Non Payment Of Allowance In Benue by AllenSpencer: 9:55am On Feb 17, 2019
dhardy09:
Nothing good comes out of this Government ... It's over already
#Buhari Must Go
Atiku Aguero Abubakar for President

5%

4 Likes

Re: Postponement:  ad-hoc Staff Protest Non Payment Of Allowance In Benue by ossyla(m): 9:55am On Feb 17, 2019
This is cruel. They have no regard for human life. After the billions of naira mapped out for logistics nd whatsoever, INEC could not fund the accommodation nd welfare of corps members. This is inhumane... angry angry angry
Re: Postponement:  ad-hoc Staff Protest Non Payment Of Allowance In Benue by Nistfrank(m): 9:55am On Feb 17, 2019
the heat of corruption in Nigeria will boil egg

2 Likes

Re: Postponement:  ad-hoc Staff Protest Non Payment Of Allowance In Benue by supereagle(m): 9:56am On Feb 17, 2019
Blame the corrupt legislature led by a thief for this. Thieves must not have control over the ruler ship of Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Postponement:  ad-hoc Staff Protest Non Payment Of Allowance In Benue by Emmasnoop(m): 9:56am On Feb 17, 2019
Collect your money from buhari

1 Like

Re: Postponement:  ad-hoc Staff Protest Non Payment Of Allowance In Benue by freemanbubble: 9:57am On Feb 17, 2019
Here in Edo state, Egor local government area to be precise.

Heard the names were pasted at inec office
Voila!!! I went there and I saw my name on the list. Mine was ward 10. I was given Apo 2

So later in the day our po said we should converge at adolor school because that would be our RAC center.
Got there. We were asked to queue up for mat to sleep

O boy, na there i for know say the hunger in Nigeria is real like craze
See as girls many pass boys. Our apo 1 is a female and our apo(VP) is also a female

Last last we begin hear say then don postpone the election
Na so we return the mat this morning begin go house

No body even talk to us concerning training allowance

Uptill now nothing
I even called my po yesterday evening
He said no information about allowance

6 Likes

Re: Postponement:  ad-hoc Staff Protest Non Payment Of Allowance In Benue by bedspread: 9:57am On Feb 17, 2019
We DECLARE and Pass a Decree, Whatever Move Buhari makes Directly or Indirectly towards the Elections, Will Work Against Him IN JESUS NAME ...... AMEN

3 Likes

Re: Postponement:  ad-hoc Staff Protest Non Payment Of Allowance In Benue by ossyla(m): 10:01am On Feb 17, 2019
dayobetway5:
Dm for sure fixed games now

Why did u cover the betslip ID

1 Like

Re: Postponement:  ad-hoc Staff Protest Non Payment Of Allowance In Benue by Nobody: 10:02am On Feb 17, 2019
some where given 3k in my area

1 Like

Re: Postponement:  ad-hoc Staff Protest Non Payment Of Allowance In Benue by computermouse(m): 10:03am On Feb 17, 2019
naijapikin04:
https://nextedition.com.ng/2019/02/17/postponement-ad-hoc-staff-protest-non-payment-allowance-benue/

Hundreds of ad-hoc staff posted to Ushongo local government area of Benue on Saturday morning staged a protest to demand the payment of their transport allowance by the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC.

Our correspondent gathered that the ad-hoc staff had besieged INEC’s office in the town as early as 8 am demanding that they be given transport fare as well as other allowances as promised them by the commission.

They lamented that most of them had to sleep in the open and some in the buses throughout the night.

Trouble however, started when their demand was not being attended to causing them to protest.

Eyewitnesses who do not want to be named said the ad-hoc staff took to the streets, blocked the entrance to the INEC office and were preparing grounds to start burning used car tyres before the security Joint Task Force arrived the scene to calm the tension.

Some of the affected ad-hoc staff who spoke on the condition of anonymity expressed disappointment in the whole process and urged INEC to make better arrangements for them before next Saturday’s elections.

Postponement: Ad-hoc Staff Protest Non Payment of Allowance In Benue

A staff of INEC who wanted to remain anonymous said they did not refuse to pay them but had asked the ad-hoc staff to show their identity cards.

At the tme of filing this report, normalcy had been restored as the INEC officials had commenced payment of their allowances.

You see the Nigerian problem, that's why they prefer yahoo-yahoo too working hard, if they demanded for their transport allowance only - that is understandable- but for other allowances For what naa- They are all thieves- can you see those ad-hoc staff, are the ones that would collect bribe from politicians to rig elections-

1 Like

Re: Postponement:  ad-hoc Staff Protest Non Payment Of Allowance In Benue by freemanbubble: 10:03am On Feb 17, 2019
Devondt:
Pay una for work way una no do,bunch of crazy lazy youths

You sound lazy and some one who is been fed by daddy and mummy

So they should not demand for the training allowance were they were subjected to three days of training from morning till evening of each day with hunger

What about transport allowance. There was no vehicle to take people to Thier RAC centre. We used our money and got there only to be informed later that election has been postponed as at 2:30am

7 Likes

Re: Postponement:  ad-hoc Staff Protest Non Payment Of Allowance In Benue by logon599: 10:03am On Feb 17, 2019
Just when you think this country can't embarrass us anymore than they've done already, then they come out with new levels of low than you've seen before. Just Smh at everything.

Do you need affordable and professional Architectural designs? See my signature below or checkout my profile for more samples. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Sanwo-Olu Virtually Joins LASU 24th Convocation / Seun Kuti: Police Is Not Seeking Justice, They Want Revenge - Sowore / Buhari Claimed He Had His Certificates Intact In Previous Elections - Agbakoba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.