Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,905 members, 7,817,681 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:05 PM

Christianity And Politics – Ogundele Taiye - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Christianity And Politics – Ogundele Taiye (363 Views)

Fein Bruce Is A Merchant Of Violence By Seun Ogundele / Father Kukah Must Be Allowed To Practise His Faith And Politics - Garba Shehu / Buhari Saddened As Taiye Abe Dies In South Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Christianity And Politics – Ogundele Taiye by queenxey1(f): 12:56pm On Feb 17, 2019
Despite the knowledge and Wisdom of this latter day which Christians representative know, they still keep mute concerning politics.
This same Jesus we preach about was ordained to be a governor according to Matthew ” and the government shall be upon him”
Some Christians are always in the apathy side of politics, many times we have heard people saying “politics is a dirty game” “God forbid, I don’t want to enter hell fire”.
One young man once explained that his grandparents and his parents were all pastor, which made him impossible to talk about politics at home
Why are the Church silent about politics when God has commanded His children to speak?
Been mute is not only defiant towards God, but it is unloving toward others. Jesus said that it was the truth that set us free, not awkward silence. (Jeremiah 26:2) says: “…all the words that I command you to speak to them; do not hold back a word.”
In fact, most churches will tell you not to preach about politics because they don’t want to lose their members.
This is not exciting of course, but how can we see the whole word effectively when Christians are playing the deaf and dump game toward anything pertaining to politics.
Once I was invited to speak in a Christians youth seminar about politics, I did my best but it was very difficult to convince them, the people just sat there wordlessly looking at me with big eyes, it was difficult to change them. ‘Nobody want to enter hell’ which is their believe.
Unfortunately this is the conditions of many Christians when it comes to politics, simply because they have been brainwashed that politics is a ticket to hell. It is time to change the negative image of the Christians representative towards politics.
Do you think becoming a Christian has simply bowed you down that you feel it is not a good ideal to voice out in politics? I tell you no amount of prayer and fasting we bring a good government if the Church in our today society did not participate in political activities.
I wonder how the church claim to love and care about others when they are not engage in the arena that shapes basic right and freedom.
Even Paul understood the need for Christians participation in government when he urges that prayers be made “for kings and all who are in high positions, that we may lead a peaceful and quiet life” (1 Timothy 2:1-2).
Inevitably, politics shapes our society of which we all know. It is high time Christians care about politics and by doing so our own
peace is assured (Jeremiah 29:7) says: “But seek the welfare of the city where I have sent
you into exile, and pray to the Lord on its behalf, for in its welfare you will find your welfare.”
God cares deeply about these issues, and it is therefore not appropriate for the Church to keep silent in this time.

Re: Christianity And Politics – Ogundele Taiye by anonymuz(m): 1:08pm On Feb 17, 2019
That's your opinion

1 Like

Re: Christianity And Politics – Ogundele Taiye by queenxey1(f): 1:19pm On Feb 17, 2019
anonymuz:
That's your opinion
Hmmmm

(1) (Reply)

Buhari, APC, Used And Dumped You, Now Your Turn To Dump Them / ACF, NLC Urge Atiku To Concede Defeat / Rivers SDP Deputy Guber Candidate Dumps Party, Endorses Wike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.