Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,374 members, 7,819,358 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:50 PM

. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / . (626 Views)

Is Cramming Effective For Scholars? / 7 Tips To Remember Things Easily (no. 7 Will Shock You) / 'He Saw His Death Coming But Couldn't Comprehend It; IMSU VC Loses Husband (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by Stargurl20(f): 2:43pm On Feb 17, 2019
Re: . by Wizklynd23(m): 2:44pm On Feb 17, 2019
Stargurl20:
is it better to memorize (cram) if one can't comprehend things easily?
Ofcos Cram & Get your A's wink
Re: . by Stargurl20(f): 2:46pm On Feb 17, 2019
Wizklynd23:

Ofcos Cram & Get your A's wink
I do hear understanding things one read is d best. but most tyms I hard understand else I cram....n it weighs me down n make me feel like m not helping my self
Re: . by Emmaway(m): 2:46pm On Feb 17, 2019
If you can comprehend easily, then it's no longer cramming
Re: . by Stargurl20(f): 2:52pm On Feb 17, 2019
Emmaway:
If you can comprehend easily, then it's no longer cramming
my point is.....I hardly comprehend....
honestly speaking, Nigeria would have been better n filled of genius if we aren't using English in learning things
cos d problem most people have are d grammars most books comprises
Re: . by Emmaway(m): 3:34pm On Feb 17, 2019
Stargurl20:

my point is.....I hardly comprehend....
honestly speaking, Nigeria would have been better n filled of genius if we aren't using English in learning things
cos d problem most people have are d grammars most books comprises
Stargirl that's why you need a dictionary, if you can't afford the hard copy, you can download it on your smartphone.

The truth is; cramming is just temporary knowledge, after it has been used it erases and whenever it's needed again, you'll have to cram again which is stressful.

But when you comprehend whatever you're studying, it sticks to your brain for a long period of time.

I wouldn't advise you to cram my sister, you don't have to read in a haste, take your time, understand each sentence/paragraph, if you don't understand the meaning of a word, the dictionary is your friend.

Reading novels will also help in growing your vocabulary, the more novels you read, the more word power you have.

Please don't cram, during the examination or test if you forget a particular word you crammed, it's over. But if you understand the concept, you can get a suitable replacement for that word.
Re: . by Stargurl20(f): 3:48pm On Feb 17, 2019
Emmaway:
Stargirl that's why you need a dictionary, if you can't afford the hard copy, you can download it on your smartphone.

The truth is; cramming is just temporary knowledge, after it has been used it erases and whenever it's needed again, you'll have to cram again which is stressful.

But when you comprehend whatever you're studying, it sticks to your brain for a long period of time.

I wouldn't advise you to cram my sister, you don't have to read in a haste, take your time, understand each sentence/paragraph, if you don't understand the meaning of a word, the dictionary is your friend.

Reading novels will also help in growing your vocabulary, the more novels you read, the more word power you have.

Please don't cram, during the examination or test if you forget a particular word you crammed, it's over. But if you understand the concept, you can get a suitable replacement for that word.
Thanks ...alot. I found this really helpful
Re: . by Emmaway(m): 3:51pm On Feb 17, 2019
Stargurl20:
Thanks ...alot. I found this really helpful
My pleasure!
Re: . by Valleys(m): 4:27pm On Feb 17, 2019
Stargurl20:
Join a study group and see the miracle.
Re: . by Aromos(m): 4:42pm On Feb 17, 2019
Re: . by Stargurl20(f): 4:44pm On Feb 17, 2019
Valleys:

Join a study group and see the miracle.
M actually...a newly admitted student at one of the federal Universities. Although lectures hasn't started but have noticed that I mostly cram whenever I read. even prior to the tym I was admitted n I tot cramming mightn't b helpful like comprehending in higher institution.
Re: . by Valleys(m): 4:47pm On Feb 17, 2019
Stargurl20:

I actually...a newly admitted student at one of the federal Universities. Although lectures hasn't started but have noticed it that I most cram whenever I read even prior to the tym I was admitted n I tot cramming mightn't b helpful like comprehending in higher institution.
In a study group, you discuss with your peeps and in this was you hardly forget what you discussed with friends instead of just reading.
Re: . by Nobody: 4:49pm On Feb 17, 2019
Stargurl20:
I wont advice cramming always,if you get used to it,it will surely affect you later
I had lot of friends who did well by cramming but later crashed ,because of topics that required more than cramming like math,you cant cram calculations nah,

But seeing that you are not really a fast learner,i would advice you to dedicate or should i say sacrifce your time when reading so that grabbing the concept will not be difficult.
Because when you understand a concept ,memorizing the facts will come cheap.selah
Re: . by Stargurl20(f): 6:19pm On Feb 17, 2019
thanks ...I really do appreciate it
Re: . by Stargurl20(f): 6:38pm On Feb 17, 2019
Chidorx60:

I wont advice cramming always,if you get used to it,it will surely affect you later
I had lot of friends who did well by cramming but later crashed ,because of topics that required more than cramming like math,you cant cram calculations nah,

But seeing that you are not really a fast learner,i would advice you to dedicate or should i say sacrifce your time when reading so that grabbing the concept will not be difficult.
Because when you understand a concept ,memorizing the facts will come cheap.selah
hmm.... actually...I can't say m a slow learner, cos I understands fast n it stick most tym when I listen to explanations with rapt attention
Re: . by Nobody: 8:07pm On Feb 17, 2019
Stargurl20:

hmm.... actually...I can't say m a slow learner, cos I understands fast n it stick most tym when I listen to explanations with rapt attention
then you dont need to resort to craming,
Only cram when you have understood the concept,so that you can leave the examiner wondering why you gave them their making scheme.
Re: . by Stargurl20(f): 9:11pm On Feb 17, 2019
thanks for ur tym bro....I really do appreciate it
Re: . by DateMynd44(m): 1:31am On Feb 18, 2019
You are an Olodo rabata. Igbos call your type itigborigbo
Re: . by Stargurl20(f): 7:20am On Feb 18, 2019
DateMynd44:
You are an Olodo rabata. Igbos call your type itigborigbo
thanks.

(1) (Reply)

8 Mistaken Jamb Candidates That May Not Gain Admission In Jamb 2019/2020 / International Business Institute Management Berlin. Certificate / ...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.