Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,644 members, 7,809,424 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:22 AM

Over 1.6 Million Candidates Register For JAMB 2019 - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Over 1.6 Million Candidates Register For JAMB 2019 (12155 Views)

Breaking: JAMB Releases Results Of 1.7 Million Candidates, Withholds 34,120 / JAMB UTME 2018: Over 1.2 Million Candidates Registered So Far / JAMB Recommends 1.6 Million Candidates For 2017 Admission (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Over 1.6 Million Candidates Register For JAMB 2019 by GistkitNG: 6:15pm On Feb 17, 2019

The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) says not less than 1.8 million candidates would be registered for its 2019 UTME by the end of the registration exercise scheduled for February 21.

The agency also says over 1.6 million candidates have registered for the examination.

The board’s Head, Media and Information, Fabian Benjamin, disclosed the expected candidates in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) on Sunday in Lagos.

Mr Benjamin expressed satisfaction at the ongoing registration exercise nationwide, adding that so far, it had been smooth with little or no hitches.

NAN reports that the registration of candidates for this year’s all Computer Based Test (CBT) Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME), commenced on February 10.

Meanwhile, an official bulletin of the board tagged ‘jambulletin’ issued on Sunday said over 1.6 million candidates had registered for the examination between February 10 and February 15, nationwide, with Lagos recording the highest, with 234,259 candidates.

According to the bulletin, preparations for the successful conduct of the examination scheduled to commence a few weeks from now is in top gear.

Also contained in the bulletin is the restatement of the unlikely extension of the registration deadline by the board.

“Candidates would commence the reprinting of their examination notification slips two weeks to the examination date.

“On the examination slip are candidates’ schedule for the examination, date, time and centre, as well as other necessary information about the examination.

“Two weeks to the commencement of the examination, candidates will have their slips placed on their profiles.

“However, in the event where candidates could not access their slip, such candidates can visit the board’s service portal on www.jamb.org.ng to print the slip,” the bulletin stated.

It also said that messages would as well be sent to candidates, informing them on when to reprint their e-slip.

According to the bulletin, the processes are all automated to keep candidates abreast of developments, just as messages will be sent to all candidates informing them on when to print their e-slip.

The bulletin warned candidates against coming into the examination halls with prohibited items such as wrist watches, telephones and others.

It re-assured candidates that the board was working round the clock to guarantee their full participation during the examination.

(NAN)

Source: https://www.gistkit.com/naija-news/over-1-6-million-candidates-register-for-jamb-2019/

2 Likes

Re: Over 1.6 Million Candidates Register For JAMB 2019 by skales01(m): 6:20pm On Feb 17, 2019
Kkk
Re: Over 1.6 Million Candidates Register For JAMB 2019 by freemanbubble: 6:21pm On Feb 17, 2019
Okay
Re: Over 1.6 Million Candidates Register For JAMB 2019 by Nobody: 6:21pm On Feb 17, 2019
I wish them all success

I offer to assist any stranded INEC ad hoc staff with accommodation and feeding from now till Friday

I'm in Lagos Egbeda

8 Likes

Re: Over 1.6 Million Candidates Register For JAMB 2019 by tetralogyfallot(m): 6:21pm On Feb 17, 2019
Jamb form is N4000x1600000=N6400000000

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Over 1.6 Million Candidates Register For JAMB 2019 by PMBuhariGCFR: 6:21pm On Feb 17, 2019
If i lose on saturday fa. I would scrap JAMB wahali.

1 Like

Re: Over 1.6 Million Candidates Register For JAMB 2019 by asiwajumi(m): 6:22pm On Feb 17, 2019
ok.... the money received from this people going to which purse? anyway i dont need an answer.. but i know some people will turn millionaire with this while some people will be more richer.. and the massive continue suffering...Niger Area, Poverty Area
Re: Over 1.6 Million Candidates Register For JAMB 2019 by jamalnation(m): 6:22pm On Feb 17, 2019
over 1.6millon
how many pple go get admission
hope snake no go swallow money this year
Re: Over 1.6 Million Candidates Register For JAMB 2019 by Starboytwo(m): 6:22pm On Feb 17, 2019
It's freaking hard to be a Nigerian...
Re: Over 1.6 Million Candidates Register For JAMB 2019 by Diy09: 6:23pm On Feb 17, 2019
FREE JAMB CBT APP
Features:

Free download.
No payment of any kind needed.
Built-in calculator.
Each subject contains hundreds of questions.

Download now

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Over 1.6 Million Candidates Register For JAMB 2019 by lastmessenger: 6:24pm On Feb 17, 2019
Go check it at least a miliion of them are from the south. We give them education and then we get bokoharam in return. Stupid people
Re: Over 1.6 Million Candidates Register For JAMB 2019 by Randy100: 6:24pm On Feb 17, 2019
How many will be taken as student.
Re: Over 1.6 Million Candidates Register For JAMB 2019 by Nobody: 6:24pm On Feb 17, 2019
Lalasticlala is part grin grin grin grin grin
I swear school na beta scam seun is a dropout yet alert they enter 24/7
Re: Over 1.6 Million Candidates Register For JAMB 2019 by Sheriman(m): 6:24pm On Feb 17, 2019
Another Set of People entering into ill Equipped Higher Tertiary Institutions across Nigernia blended with incessant Stike!!!
Re: Over 1.6 Million Candidates Register For JAMB 2019 by Qsscruz(m): 6:24pm On Feb 17, 2019
This is the more reason why we need leaders that are oriented on what good education is all about..We cant keep dishing out graduates who cant compete with their counterparts from other parts of the world..The educational sector needs total overhauling..

1 Like

Re: Over 1.6 Million Candidates Register For JAMB 2019 by Regiinald: 6:25pm On Feb 17, 2019
am a student who is having some issues with accommodation.. I am also a freelance writer and will definitely pay back.

I can show you my admission letter to prove am a student and my January bank statement to prove I can repay you.

Please I need this loan urgently to complete my rent

It is just #25,000

Call me or Whatsapp 07068937310
Re: Over 1.6 Million Candidates Register For JAMB 2019 by Nobody: 6:25pm On Feb 17, 2019
That ia a good one.
Re: Over 1.6 Million Candidates Register For JAMB 2019 by Godmother(f): 6:27pm On Feb 17, 2019
No wonder there's usually mass failure cos the schools aren't enough to accommodate them all.
Re: Over 1.6 Million Candidates Register For JAMB 2019 by superdanny10: 6:27pm On Feb 17, 2019
Mrs godmother, so because no accommodation they should no na go to school??
Re: Over 1.6 Million Candidates Register For JAMB 2019 by niyiforeal(m): 6:27pm On Feb 17, 2019
I know this is not the right place please a good Samaritan should help me with 1k I am seriously stranded right now cry
Re: Over 1.6 Million Candidates Register For JAMB 2019 by tym92(m): 6:27pm On Feb 17, 2019
k
Re: Over 1.6 Million Candidates Register For JAMB 2019 by Queseda: 6:28pm On Feb 17, 2019
I could remember the time when we got inundated with shouts of 'Buhari hasn't commissioned any project' by PDP miscreants. Now Buhari has commissioned more projects in 4years than PDP did in their entire inglorious 16years rule.
We are not going back to Egypt!
Next Level cool
Re: Over 1.6 Million Candidates Register For JAMB 2019 by Pavore9: 6:29pm On Feb 17, 2019
The process is so easy now.

Remembering the days of "11 Ojora Road, Ikoyi, Lagos"...person really suffer! cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Over 1.6 Million Candidates Register For JAMB 2019 by BOOMnaija(m): 6:29pm On Feb 17, 2019
And how many of them will get jobs thereafter?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Over 1.6 Million Candidates Register For JAMB 2019 by ItzBIM(m): 6:30pm On Feb 17, 2019
Nigerian youth receive sense

I have never campaigned or urge people to vote for any person in Nigerian elections. I don't belong to any party yet. But in view of the two false options imposed on you all, I recommend you chose to make a difference by voting for OMOYELE SOWORE of AAC. Party No 3 on the BALLOT paper. I sincerely recommend him to you.
DEFY THEIR PUBLICITY STUNT. BREAK FREE OF THEIR DECEIT. SATISFY YOURSELF THIS TIME AROUND. VOTE FOR REAL CHANGE AND A BETTER FUTURE.

2 Likes

Re: Over 1.6 Million Candidates Register For JAMB 2019 by canalily(m): 6:31pm On Feb 17, 2019
Godmother:
No wonder there's usually mass failure cos the schools aren't enough to accommodate them all.
not only mass failure, even sermon failure and English failure join
Re: Over 1.6 Million Candidates Register For JAMB 2019 by ednut1(m): 6:34pm On Feb 17, 2019
Fighting for less than 500k slots in universities and polys offering shitty education. May it not be well with me if i born my kids in 9ja o
Re: Over 1.6 Million Candidates Register For JAMB 2019 by Cletus77(m): 6:35pm On Feb 17, 2019
Queseda:
I could remember the time when we got inundated with shouts of 'Buhari hasn't commissioned any project' by PDP miscreants. Now Buhari has commissioned more projects in 4years than PDP did in their entire inglorious 16years rule.
We are not going back to Egypt!
Next Level cool
Weed at work..
Ignore this comment
Re: Over 1.6 Million Candidates Register For JAMB 2019 by ednut1(m): 6:36pm On Feb 17, 2019
ItzBIM:
Nigerian youth receive sense

I have never campaigned or urge people to vote for any person in Nigerian elections. I don't belong to any party yet. But in view of the two false options imposed on you all, I recommend you chose to make a difference by voting for OMOYELE SOWORE of AAC. Party No 3 on the BALLOT paper. I sincerely recommend him to you.
DEFY THEIR PUBLICITY STUNT. BREAK FREE OF THEIR DECEIT. SATISFY YOURSELF THIS TIME AROUND. VOTE FOR REAL CHANGE AND A BETTER FUTURE.
lets imagine he wins (which is not possible) wont he be impeached buy the senate Or who are the AAC hor or senate candidates. Sowore has made over 100m in donations wont be suprised he has eaten half

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Rivers State University Of Science And Technology (rsust) Post Ume 2nd Chioce / Degree Mills: 40 Private Varsities Dodge Investigation Bullet / Nursing Students And Aspirants

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.