Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,742 members, 7,827,738 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:05 PM

Tension In Ebonyi As INEC Names Ex Governor, Elechi As Returning Officer - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tension In Ebonyi As INEC Names Ex Governor, Elechi As Returning Officer (3885 Views)

Ezekwesili Reacts As INEC Names Buhari’s Niece Official To Announce Presidential / 2019: PDP Reacts As INEC Names Buhari’s Niece, Amina Zakari Official To Announce / INEC Names Stanley Amuchie As APGA Imo Governorship Candidate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tension In Ebonyi As INEC Names Ex Governor, Elechi As Returning Officer by Wisdomkosi(m): 6:41pm On Feb 17, 2019
BREAKING!!! Tension In Ebonyi As INEC Names Ex Governor, Elechi As South East Returning Officer

By Wisdom Nwedene

There is currently heavy tension in Ebonyi State as the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, has named former governor of the state, Martin Elechi as South East Returning Officer.

Igbere TV recalls that Elechi is a well-known All Progressive Congress Chieftain and is not in good terms with Ebonyi State governor, David Nweze Umahi.

In 2015, Elechi refused to support Umahi to become the state governor, instead he backed the candidate of Labour Party who later failed.

Also, Chief Augustine Nwankwegu, a former Speaker of the State House of Assembly who was sacked by Governor Dave Umahi as Commissioner for Justice has been named as Ebonyi state returning officer.

According to report obtained by Igbere TV, Umahi is in shock following the announcement of Elechi as the returning officer for South East and Chief Nwankwegu as Ebonyi state returning officer.

Umahi is said to be sad over the development and has moved to make sure both of them are removed.

More details soon...

Stay with Igbere TV. Africa's No1 Community TV.

Source : http://igberetvnews.com/569736/breaking-tension-in-ebonyi-as-inec-names-ex-governor-elechi-as-south-east-returning-officer/

1 Like

Re: Tension In Ebonyi As INEC Names Ex Governor, Elechi As Returning Officer by JudgeOGBUNABALI(m): 6:43pm On Feb 17, 2019
Even Abacha didn't get this dirty. Lowest of low for the cesspit.

6 Likes

Re: Tension In Ebonyi As INEC Names Ex Governor, Elechi As Returning Officer by Nobody: 6:47pm On Feb 17, 2019
That's good for umahi.

4 Likes

Re: Tension In Ebonyi As INEC Names Ex Governor, Elechi As Returning Officer by Wisdomkosi(m): 6:49pm On Feb 17, 2019
Cc, Lalasticlala
Re: Tension In Ebonyi As INEC Names Ex Governor, Elechi As Returning Officer by tsinzu: 7:02pm On Feb 17, 2019
Osagyefo98:
That's good for umahi.
Is this good for Nigeria? Worse than those committing evil are those like you who support them for whatever reason

1 Like

Re: Tension In Ebonyi As INEC Names Ex Governor, Elechi As Returning Officer by noralomo: 7:04pm On Feb 17, 2019
my country my country

Re: Tension In Ebonyi As INEC Names Ex Governor, Elechi As Returning Officer by AtikuMeansJobs: 7:09pm On Feb 17, 2019
THUNDER STORM STRIKE BUHARI IJN.
Re: Tension In Ebonyi As INEC Names Ex Governor, Elechi As Returning Officer by AtikuMeansJobs: 7:09pm On Feb 17, 2019
Investigations have shown that contrary to what is widely believed Atiku Abuabakar has not held any executive position in government where he was a signatory to any govt account not even a councillorship position despite many years on politics, Atiku came closest to being a full executive when he won the Adamawa governorship election in 1999 a position which he was coerced to jettison to become Obasanjos VP a position where he never had any authoritative or signatory power and by second term he was completely cage by OBJ . But shocking Buhari has been a signatory to govt funds and account many times in his life as
1: Buhari was signatory to Govt accounts as GOC 4th infantry
2 Buhari was signatory to Govt accounts as GOC 2nd Mechanized Div
3 Buhari was signatory to Govt accounts as GOV 3rd Armor
4 Buhari was signatory to Govt accounts as military secretary
5: Buhari was signatory to Govt accounts as Adjutant general of the army
6 Buhari was signatory to Govt account as directors of supply and transport Nigerian Army
7 Buhari was signatory to Govt account as minister of petroleum
8 Buhari was signatory to Govt account as Military Head of state
9 Buhari was signatory to Govt account as Head of PTF
10 Buhari is now super signatory as President of Nigeria
Fellow Nigerians from the above can you not see Buhari is part of those that have looted the Nigerian treasury and not Atiku that has never been a signatory even for one day !!!!!
Let the truth be exposed

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Tension In Ebonyi As INEC Names Ex Governor, Elechi As Returning Officer by Nobody: 7:22pm On Feb 17, 2019
tsinzu:

Is this good for Nigeria? Worse than those committing evil are those like you who support them for whatever reason

Nobody has monopoly of nonsense

Umahi deserve what he is getting.

I always said it that he will be disgraced.

1 Like

Re: Tension In Ebonyi As INEC Names Ex Governor, Elechi As Returning Officer by otokx(m): 7:36pm On Feb 17, 2019
Unbelievable though the position is largely ceremonial.
Re: Tension In Ebonyi As INEC Names Ex Governor, Elechi As Returning Officer by Wisdomkosi(m): 7:42pm On Feb 17, 2019
Karma is a bitch.

Time for Umahi to go

2 Likes

Re: Tension In Ebonyi As INEC Names Ex Governor, Elechi As Returning Officer by Banmeallday: 7:43pm On Feb 17, 2019
That old man no dey tire?

ELECHI that should be in jail for doing nothing for 8 years i his old age is back again?
Re: Tension In Ebonyi As INEC Names Ex Governor, Elechi As Returning Officer by Wisdomkosi(m): 7:45pm On Feb 17, 2019
Banmeallday:
That old man no dey tire?

ELECHI that should be in jail for doing nothing for 8 years i his old age is back again?

Karma is a bitch.

If I were Elechi, I will pay him back this time

2 Likes

Re: Tension In Ebonyi As INEC Names Ex Governor, Elechi As Returning Officer by Ozibe: 7:46pm On Feb 17, 2019
They want to remove the best performing governor in the southeast. Thunder will fire all of them.
Re: Tension In Ebonyi As INEC Names Ex Governor, Elechi As Returning Officer by hisgrace090: 7:49pm On Feb 17, 2019
Trust ebonyi people to chase him out of the state if he messed up.
Re: Tension In Ebonyi As INEC Names Ex Governor, Elechi As Returning Officer by Wisdomkosi(m): 7:51pm On Feb 17, 2019
hisgrace090:
Trust ebonyi people to chase him out of the state if he messed up.

Nothing will happen

1 Like

Re: Tension In Ebonyi As INEC Names Ex Governor, Elechi As Returning Officer by diablos: 7:53pm On Feb 17, 2019
Demonic APC and their zombies will be crying frm pillar to post lying about how Apc would have won the election if not for PDP and Inec collusion to postpone the elections not knowing we sane Nigerians know it's their trademark to sell deceit and propaganda while they try to rig the electoral process by any means necessary just to reinstall the rejected failure. Day by day their schemes and shenanigans keeps coming to fore. They shall all fail like their CinC has failed Nigerians.
Re: Tension In Ebonyi As INEC Names Ex Governor, Elechi As Returning Officer by slivertongue: 8:00pm On Feb 17, 2019
I doubt this news, is APC and inec one and d same?
Re: Tension In Ebonyi As INEC Names Ex Governor, Elechi As Returning Officer by economia1: 8:43pm On Feb 17, 2019
AtikuMeansJobs:
Investigations have shown that contrary to what is widely believed Atiku Abuabakar has not held any executive position in government where he was a signatory to any govt account not even a councillorship position despite many years on politics, Atiku came closest to being a full executive when he won the Adamawa governorship election in 1999 a position which he was coerced to jettison to become Obasanjos VP a position where he never had any authoritative or signatory power and by second term he was completely cage by OBJ . But shocking Buhari has been a signatory to govt funds and account many times in his life as
1: Buhari was signatory to Govt accounts as GOC 4th infantry
2 Buhari was signatory to Govt accounts as GOC 2nd Mechanized Div
3 Buhari was signatory to Govt accounts as GOV 3rd Armor
4 Buhari was signatory to Govt accounts as military secretary
5: Buhari was signatory to Govt accounts as Adjutant general of the army
6 Buhari was signatory to Govt account as directors of supply and transport Nigerian Army
7 Buhari was signatory to Govt account as minister of petroleum
8 Buhari was signatory to Govt account as Military Head of state
9 Buhari was signatory to Govt account as Head of PTF
10 Buhari is now super signatory as President of Nigeria
Fellow Nigerians from the above can you not see Buhari is part of those that have looted the Nigerian treasury and not Atiku that has never been a signatory even for one day !!!!!
Let the truth be exposed
Re: Tension In Ebonyi As INEC Names Ex Governor, Elechi As Returning Officer by iamawara(m): 9:34pm On Feb 17, 2019
What a country. In 2011 my uncle was nominated for same position but was rejected because he once contested in a governorship primaries during Shagari and see what's happening here now.
Re: Tension In Ebonyi As INEC Names Ex Governor, Elechi As Returning Officer by desoul2004(m): 9:51pm On Feb 17, 2019
I doubt this news.
Re: Tension In Ebonyi As INEC Names Ex Governor, Elechi As Returning Officer by iluvdonjazzy: 10:05pm On Feb 17, 2019
FAKE NEWS, not possible.
Re: Tension In Ebonyi As INEC Names Ex Governor, Elechi As Returning Officer by Racoon(m): 10:24pm On Feb 17, 2019
shocked Elechi an APC card carrying member Dave Umahi, are you seeing how the APC can be treacherous?

This must be one of the most dumbest decision taken by INEC if true.Ndi AI over to unu.
Re: Tension In Ebonyi As INEC Names Ex Governor, Elechi As Returning Officer by Chikpat(m): 12:21am On Feb 18, 2019
Osagyefo98:

Nobody has monopoly of nonsense

Umahi deserve what he is getting.

I always said it that he will be disgraced.

Election as even INEC chairman no fit stop Dave Umuahi
Re: Tension In Ebonyi As INEC Names Ex Governor, Elechi As Returning Officer by dokyOloye: 1:47am On Feb 18, 2019
Elechi cannot do pim as far as Ebonyi governorship elections is involved.
Dave defeated Elechi and his anointed candidate in 2015,how much more now he's d incumbent.
Sonni Ogbuorji will lose and lose even in his own local govt,Edda.
Re: Tension In Ebonyi As INEC Names Ex Governor, Elechi As Returning Officer by gare(f): 3:06am On Feb 18, 2019
Wisdomkosi:
BREAKING!!! Tension In Ebonyi As INEC Names Ex Governor, Elechi As South East Returning Officer

By Wisdom Nwedene

There is currently heavy tension in Ebonyi State as the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, has named former governor of the state, Martin Elechi as South East Returning Officer.

Igbere TV recalls that Elechi is a well-known All Progressive Congress Chieftain and is not in good terms with Ebonyi State governor, David Nweze Umahi.

In 2015, Elechi refused to support Umahi to become the state governor, instead he backed the candidate of Labour Party who later failed.

Also, Chief Augustine Nwankwegu, a former Speaker of the State House of Assembly who was sacked by Governor Dave Umahi as Commissioner for Justice has been named as Ebonyi state returning officer.

According to report obtained by Igbere TV, Umahi is in shock following the announcement of Elechi as the returning officer for South East and Chief Nwankwegu as Ebonyi state returning officer.

Umahi is said to be sad over the development and has moved to make sure both of them are removed.

More details soon...

Stay with Igbere TV. Africa's No1 Community TV.

Source : http://igberetvnews.com/569736/breaking-tension-in-ebonyi-as-inec-names-ex-governor-elechi-as-south-east-returning-officer/

As a PDP supporter this is one state I don't mind PDP not winning, it is good for The governor, though I know the story is fake, I wish he could loose
Re: Tension In Ebonyi As INEC Names Ex Governor, Elechi As Returning Officer by Olatunji1929: 5:00am On Feb 18, 2019
I dont pity that gov his body is in pdp while his soul is in apc he deserve whatever he is getting from the apc govt pdp should vote massively against him becos he wil eventually decamp if (god forbid) apc win at the centre only evil minded people wine and dine with the devil if you are not a devil you cant be praising buhari who should have been stoned to death

1 Like

Re: Tension In Ebonyi As INEC Names Ex Governor, Elechi As Returning Officer by crossfm: 8:12am On Feb 18, 2019
Osagyefo98:
That's good for umahi.
bro,you said it all.how I wish power is taken from him.he has been playing anty party politics for a very long time.in politics it's either you are with a party or you are not.he should call buhari his friend to help him.yeye da smell. grin
Re: Tension In Ebonyi As INEC Names Ex Governor, Elechi As Returning Officer by crossfm: 8:17am On Feb 18, 2019
Olatunji1929:
I dont pity that gov his body is in pdp while his soul is in apc he deserve whatever he is getting from the apc govt pdp should vote massively against him becos he wil eventually decamp if (god forbid) apc win at the centre only evil minded people wine and dine with the devil if you are not a devil you cant be praising buhari who should have been stoned to death
he will pay for all the nonsense he has been doing.he will be used and discarded.the joke is now on him.if am pdp Ebonyi state I will deliver Atiku and leave the stupid man to wallow in his political own goal.he should deal with the monster he created.

(1) (Reply)

I Laugh Hard When People Feel There's Nothing Good in/from the North (pictures) / Audio Clip Of Pantami Calling For Killing Of Nigerian Soldiers Fighting BH / Wike Has Transformed Old GRA Port Harcourt: Pictures & Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.