Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,530 members, 7,819,906 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:14 AM

Is The Nigerian National Assembly Above The Law? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is The Nigerian National Assembly Above The Law? (2921 Views)

Photos Of Saraki's Supporters Carrying Placard Outside National Assembly / See The Original Design Of The Nigerian National Flag. / Police release NEW VIDEO: Extraordinary Scenes Inside Nigeria National Assembly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is The Nigerian National Assembly Above The Law? by seanet02: 7:49pm On Aug 25, 2010
YES YES YES

THEY EARN 250M PER YEAR AND GAVE THE CIVIL SERVANTS 9K

THEY COLLECT 500M AS CONSTITUENCY ALLOWANCE AND SPEND JUST 50K
Re: Is The Nigerian National Assembly Above The Law? by ndigbo: 8:12pm On Aug 25, 2010
I grieve for my beloved country any time it's thought comes to my head embarassed , i keep wondering why we the youth of this great country sit and allow these old thieves hijack the space called Nigeria, why do we sit in the comfort of our rooms and keep typing and shouting on the internet, without doing anything to show how serious we are in making these thieves listen to because we did put them there, even though our vote didn't count grin . i am using this medium to beg us to flush these criminals out come 2011. let all register,vote and defend our vote. it is now more than sentiment. I'm just pissed. got to go. cry embarassed angry . and again no one is above the law. angry
Re: Is The Nigerian National Assembly Above The Law? by kliffo(m): 9:15pm On Aug 25, 2010
they are the law makers. so they are above, beyond, under, in front of, on top of and outside the law.

The above quote is apt. We have actually made them above the law because we dont care to make them accountable to us.
Re: Is The Nigerian National Assembly Above The Law? by lekanbar(m): 9:23pm On Aug 25, 2010
They are obviously above the law, look at the way they do things without apologies to anyone arghh!!

http://lekanbaruwa./2010/08/25/yahoo-yahoo-supported-by-microsoft/
Re: Is The Nigerian National Assembly Above The Law? by Dgunnerz(m): 9:53pm On Aug 25, 2010
Only the Creator knows who is above the law.
To me,No one is above the law in this country.
But for England,Mama Shally is above the law.
Re: Is The Nigerian National Assembly Above The Law? by Nobody: 9:04am On Aug 26, 2010
Nobody is above the law not even our legislooters.
Re: Is The Nigerian National Assembly Above The Law? by Nobody: 9:20am On Aug 26, 2010
Do you think it is easy to plant discord amongst men who has agreed the law must bend in their favour?

Secondly can these men show constitutional obedience to the law when the party that presented them to us is above the Law?

So therefore only in Nigeria I know my lawmakers are above the law, go against them and you'll get loads of impeachment. cry
Re: Is The Nigerian National Assembly Above The Law? by nadico(m): 9:48am On Aug 26, 2010
It is a pity that we would continue to shout ourselves hoarse from now till thy kingdomcome about our thieving legislators without any out come. Why is it that public outcry means nothing or has no effect in this country. I believe that this time for an ALUTA fight. God help us
Re: Is The Nigerian National Assembly Above The Law? by marcus1234: 9:49am On Aug 26, 2010
Re: Is The Nigerian National Assembly Above The Law? by jamace(m): 12:52pm On Aug 26, 2010
It is now common place to witness strikes by various govt service providers these days because of the way the national assembly share our commonwealth among themselves while other service providers are told to endure hardship. This can be likened to what IBB did to Nigerians during his regime. IBB made Nigerians to believe there was economic crunch and introduced SAP, meanwhile, he was busy looting and hoarding our money in foreign banks.

Our leaders must wake up, especially the national assembly. The masses are wise and aware of what income accrue to this nation every day, week, month and year. Therefore they can not be fooled any longer.

On the whole, Nigerians are fed-up with boldface deception by the leaders that there is no money or money is not enough while they continue to loot with impunity.
Re: Is The Nigerian National Assembly Above The Law? by haboosa(m): 3:30pm On Aug 26, 2010
They have IMMUN-NITY yoruba language wey means they cant catch them , But God almighty willdefinately catch them one day. they and there family shall see what God has in stock for them.
Re: Is The Nigerian National Assembly Above The Law? by jamace(m): 4:54pm On Aug 26, 2010
Na wa o. If you hear the way they share billions of Naira  among themselves, you will think they are sharing pure water. Meanwhile, they will tell you that the Fed govt can not afford to pay N50k salary for civil servants.
Re: Is The Nigerian National Assembly Above The Law? by Nobody: 9:39am On Aug 28, 2010
of course they are above the law. has any of them been charged with any wrongdoing. oh sorry i forgot, they are God sent.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Kaduna State Governor Killed In Plane Crash / Lagos, Johannesburg, Rated Africa’s Most Popular Destinations / Obasanjo Spearheading A Secret Agenda: Colonel umar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.