Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,767 members, 7,809,956 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:44 PM

Trust INEC For A Credible Election – Bishop Ezeokafor - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Trust INEC For A Credible Election – Bishop Ezeokafor (4296 Views)

Governor Wike Will Be Arrested; Fubara Will Lose Rivers Election - Bishop Feyi / Anambra Election: Bishop Kukah Speaks After Peace Accord Signing In Awka: Video / 2019: Don’t Betray Public Trust, INEC Tells Staff (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Trust INEC For A Credible Election – Bishop Ezeokafor by OrientDailyNews: 9:11am On Feb 18, 2019
By O’starEze

The Catholic bishop of Awka Diocese, His Lordship Most Reverend Paulinus Ezeokafor, has enjoined Nigerians to trust INEC for a credible election despite the postponement.

Reacting to the recent election postponement by one week at the Retreat and Pastoral center, Nodu, Okpuno, in Awka South local government area of Anambra state recently, Bishop Ezeokafor observed that while the development must have incurred financial loss for the electorate, they should still keep faith with the electoral umpire, and cast their vote come next weekend.

“The development came to me as a shock and I regret that the situation has caused a lot of financial loss to many Nigerians especially those who travelled from far and near to be part of the process.

“However, in the face of the challenges, Nigerians should not place personal gains above the interest of the nation. They should endeavour to come back next weekend to vote for leaders who have interest of the masses at heart,” he said.

The prelate said that it was better to have a delay and get it right than hurrying through the process and getting it wrong.

While urging Nigerians to see it as a duty that must be fulfilled for the betterment of the citizens, Bishop Ezeokafor cautioned against vote buying and selling which he said is a mortal sin, adding that nothing is worth mortgaging one’s conscience.

He charged INEC to prove their worth by organising an election that would be devoid of rancour and free, fair and credible, noting that Nigerians and international organisations are looking up to them to get it right this time around.

He also disclosed that through his directive, Awka Catholic Diocese has been on special prayers since February 8 for the general elections to be successful, which prayers would continue till the end for the results to be achieved.

The bishop advised against violence which he said has never helped any situation, and that everyone should be predetermined on who to vote for so as not to be deceived at the last minute.

https://orientdailynews.com.ng/politics/inec-credible-election-bishop-ezeokafor/

1 Like

Re: Trust INEC For A Credible Election – Bishop Ezeokafor by choky26(m): 11:38am On Feb 18, 2019
Ok na
Re: Trust INEC For A Credible Election – Bishop Ezeokafor by lovesamzy: 11:40am On Feb 18, 2019
This week is a week of propaganda... they will even come to tell you that he promise to privatize the public universities, they will tell you that he gave INEC REC official $1m each... they will tell you that he is a thief.... they will tell you that he want to sell NNPC to his friend.... Please don't be deter by their lies and propaganda... Atiku means Jobs.........

We are not saying that Atiku is the Messiah but Atiku Led administration will be more better than this two people ruling us today.

Let us Make Nigeria Great Again.....

I need 500 Likes for Atiku....

13 Likes

Re: Trust INEC For A Credible Election – Bishop Ezeokafor by helinues: 11:41am On Feb 18, 2019
If you say so
Re: Trust INEC For A Credible Election – Bishop Ezeokafor by bedspread: 11:41am On Feb 18, 2019
[s]
Setskill:
available winning ticket is ready for pay after winning
chat me up
070-13-06-59-39
interested stakers only
[/s]
Nairalanders Help Slapp These Guys

3 Likes

Re: Trust INEC For A Credible Election – Bishop Ezeokafor by KPOLOVIE(m): 11:41am On Feb 18, 2019
This is politics things are played differently not regarding moral, Christ or peace and love.
Re: Trust INEC For A Credible Election – Bishop Ezeokafor by Smile4daddy(m): 11:41am On Feb 18, 2019
Like I said earlier, Nigerians are not expecting anything this February other than Buhari Victory.
Re: Trust INEC For A Credible Election – Bishop Ezeokafor by freemanbubble: 11:43am On Feb 18, 2019
Okay
Re: Trust INEC For A Credible Election – Bishop Ezeokafor by canalily(m): 11:44am On Feb 18, 2019
bishop please wait, you dont understand what is going on in this country.

1 Like

Re: Trust INEC For A Credible Election – Bishop Ezeokafor by AskProf: 11:46am On Feb 18, 2019
Setskill:
available winning ticket is ready for pay after winning
chat me up
070-13-06-59-39
interested stakers only

How much have you staked?

2 Likes

Re: Trust INEC For A Credible Election – Bishop Ezeokafor by justparamount(m): 11:48am On Feb 18, 2019
Nairaland is been talked about by some people on twitter and it's fun
I don't know which category to put it I would have brought d screen shot here

Nmaamaikpe is a celeb, lala myndd and others too

Check @ugwunnaejikem on twitter
Re: Trust INEC For A Credible Election – Bishop Ezeokafor by ScottGerald27: 11:50am On Feb 18, 2019
bedspread:
[s][/s]
Nairalanders Help Slapp These Guys

Don't mind that fool. Stop disturbing us with these fake prediction.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trust INEC For A Credible Election – Bishop Ezeokafor by Princeakin4u: 12:43pm On Feb 18, 2019
choky26:
Ok na
""Thou sayest it" I am into JAVA & web programming,BlockChain Tech. internet consulting, information & affiliate marketing, also hardware& software who also loves social media. Training and Installation of various Accounting Softwares Peachtree,Sage Line 50, Sage pastel etc, for more information please WhatsApp +2348064795335

(1) (Reply)

See The Moment Leaders Clapped And Shook Buhari After Wonderful Speech / 2023 Is For Youths: Jamiu Asuku Tells North East RENMISS Supporters / Nigerians React As PDP Cage Humans During Rally In Uyo (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.