Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,706 members, 7,820,466 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:27 PM

The 'difference Between Traveling And Travelling' You Must Know! - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The 'difference Between Traveling And Travelling' You Must Know! (34315 Views)

Aker Nguyilan: Jambite Dies In Car Accident While Travelling To Write JAMB Exams / What's The Difference Between Med Lab Science And Med Lab Tech / What Is The Difference Between B.sc Degree And B.sc (Hons) Degree? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The 'difference Between Traveling And Travelling' You Must Know! by PMBuhariGCFR: 8:21am On Feb 19, 2019
I would go to UK on Sunday las las.
Re: The 'difference Between Traveling And Travelling' You Must Know! by Nobody: 8:24am On Feb 19, 2019
miracood:
ok..buhari is traveling back to daura
Pythonamaka will travel alongside

Cc lzaa

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The 'difference Between Traveling And Travelling' You Must Know! by Youngemirald: 8:27am On Feb 19, 2019
OGA WELDOME O

Re: The 'difference Between Traveling And Travelling' You Must Know! by SouthSouth1914: 8:29am On Feb 19, 2019
Same thing as

Color colour

Center Centre

Meter Metre

British and American spellings
Re: The 'difference Between Traveling And Travelling' You Must Know! by akinszz: 8:31am On Feb 19, 2019
Iranu... If I spell my own travelling they will say I am illiterate
Re: The 'difference Between Traveling And Travelling' You Must Know! by FXElixir: 8:31am On Feb 19, 2019
miracood:

Rather he is TRAVELLING back to Katsina
Re: The 'difference Between Traveling And Travelling' You Must Know! by Enyimbamercedes: 8:32am On Feb 19, 2019
Oh wow!! This is the greatest discovery after Archimedes came up with the physical law of buoyancy!!!
Re: The 'difference Between Traveling And Travelling' You Must Know! by sirmascot: 8:32am On Feb 19, 2019
miracood:

While Atiku is travelling to Aso Rock bah?
Re: The 'difference Between Traveling And Travelling' You Must Know! by SCAMDOCTOR: 8:38am On Feb 19, 2019
ItiboLucky573:
Read below it
dominique lalasticlala
Re: The 'difference Between Traveling And Travelling' You Must Know! by danny6ix(m): 8:43am On Feb 19, 2019
Nigerians should be speaking the British English but over 80% of our OAPs speak with either the fake american accent or a mixture of both.This has made a lot of people to speak like they're confused,coupled with the influence of American movies and tv shows.
Re: The 'difference Between Traveling And Travelling' You Must Know! by laprince(m): 8:43am On Feb 19, 2019
miracood:

Very funny.
Re: The 'difference Between Traveling And Travelling' You Must Know! by netflicks(m): 8:43am On Feb 19, 2019
Na this kind thing make Arab people dey vex till today....speak ur local language and leave America/UK language alone....spell travelling in your local language Lemi see smiley

That is how they pronounce God as "Gad" cheesy
Re: The 'difference Between Traveling And Travelling' You Must Know! by Ebifa85(m): 8:55am On Feb 19, 2019
That one na una own o! for naija na traverring
Re: The 'difference Between Traveling And Travelling' You Must Know! by Gkemz: 8:58am On Feb 19, 2019
Americans prefer using shortened words and abbreviations.
Re: The 'difference Between Traveling And Travelling' You Must Know! by bigpicture001: 9:01am On Feb 19, 2019
Ok...Wetin b diffrence btw.."igbo" and "ibo"
Re: The 'difference Between Traveling And Travelling' You Must Know! by Nobody: 9:06am On Feb 19, 2019
Nbote:
So jus to say one is American and the other British U had to write d long epistle
Is headmaster's urgings
Re: The 'difference Between Traveling And Travelling' You Must Know! by potusjev: 9:10am On Feb 19, 2019
Thanks. I never knew this
Re: The 'difference Between Traveling And Travelling' You Must Know! by Demol4trillions(m): 9:32am On Feb 19, 2019
barackodam:

When I saw "you must know" I thought it was something other than the usual British and American English thingy. Such a shame
Even me too
Re: The 'difference Between Traveling And Travelling' You Must Know! by Nickymezor(f): 9:45am On Feb 19, 2019
Not only that... COLOR and COLOUR too.
Re: The 'difference Between Traveling And Travelling' You Must Know! by alphaNomega: 9:47am On Feb 19, 2019
Can't we all just speak one type of language?

I mix American and British spelling in my write-ups a lot of times and this works against me in any English language exam that is region specific angry
Re: The 'difference Between Traveling And Travelling' You Must Know! by ChiefVolt007: 10:01am On Feb 19, 2019
miracood:
u sabi book
Re: The 'difference Between Traveling And Travelling' You Must Know! by iluvdonjazzy: 10:04am On Feb 19, 2019
BrainnewsNg:

Read More At: https://www.brainnewsradio.com/the-difference-between-traveling-and-travelling/
if u write TRAVELING in WAEC u will fail wofuli
Re: The 'difference Between Traveling And Travelling' You Must Know! by Nobody: 10:12am On Feb 19, 2019
Markcityking:
We use the British English so is travelling ooo
Traveling is not ours cuz we were colonized by the British
You are right, this is one reason people fail english in waec.
Re: The 'difference Between Traveling And Travelling' You Must Know! by mechanics(m): 11:09am On Feb 19, 2019
We are following British English, in English language only one is correct.
Re: The 'difference Between Traveling And Travelling' You Must Know! by nazablossom(f): 4:08pm On Feb 19, 2019
tatafotroll:
ao is ur daughter?
Son.He's fine, thank you.
Re: The 'difference Between Traveling And Travelling' You Must Know! by jagbajantus: 4:40pm On Feb 19, 2019
@BrainnewsNg,
I like your thread. Many times, I see many people on Nairaland spend too much precious time posting about inconsequential gossip such as the lifestyle of the rich and famous, and engaging in a host of other trivial shenanigans, tomfoolery and frivolities but sadly, the same very people spend very little time on the more substantive and important (critical topics) that should matter to all of us. It is therefore always refreshing to me personally, to see someone try to stimulate people on Nairaland in other ways - intellectually or critically, be it in the sciences, history, language or the arts.

Years ago, Nigeria was one of the most intellectually-promising and developing countries in the world. Now, we have graduates who cannot even read and comprehend, and cannot write properly or even spell very simple words. Our once proud educational standards have fallen deeply. Somone please tell me, how and why did we get here?

On the subject of your thread, I think it is true that quite often, you can tell where a person lived or studied just by looking closely at how they write and spell their words. There is British English (the original version), Australian/New Zealand, Canadian and there is US or American English. All are correct and usable. Americans generally like to keep things simpler. They typically eliminate the extra letters - e.g. the extra "u" in labour, humour or colour, the extra "l" in cancelled, the US drops the extra "m" in programme. A "Resume" instead of Curriculum Vitae. In Britain, it is a car's Bonnet for the front of a car while Americans call it the Hood of a car. The car's behind is the Boot vs the American Trunk. Trousers vs Pants or Slacks. Knickers vs Shorts. Lift vs Elevator or Escalator. Prams vs Stroller. Torch or torchlight vs Flashlight. Chips vs Fries. Well, everyone is right. It's a matter of preference, where you lived and where you're from.
Re: The 'difference Between Traveling And Travelling' You Must Know! by kayalla(f): 1:07am On Feb 20, 2019
who even bring this to FP?
Re: The 'difference Between Traveling And Travelling' You Must Know! by AfonjaConehead: 4:11pm On Mar 03, 2019
alphaNomega:
Can't we all just speak one type of language?

I mix
OSHOGBO and OGBOMOSHO
spelling in my write-ups a lot of times and this works against me in any Ijebu language exam that is region specific angry

Illiterate
grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ogun: Smoking Schoolgirls Asked To Return To Class / Deplorable State Of Ogidigben Internal Road in Warri, Delta State. / 5 Common Wildlife Misconceptions You Should Do Away With(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.