Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,704 members, 7,809,680 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:59 PM

The 'difference Between Traveling And Travelling' You Must Know! - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The 'difference Between Traveling And Travelling' You Must Know! (34303 Views)

Aker Nguyilan: Jambite Dies In Car Accident While Travelling To Write JAMB Exams / What's The Difference Between Med Lab Science And Med Lab Tech / What Is The Difference Between B.sc Degree And B.sc (Hons) Degree? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The 'difference Between Traveling And Travelling' You Must Know! by BrainnewsNg(f): 10:20am On Feb 18, 2019
By Eyo Nse,

Have you been confused lately about this two words ‘Traveling And Travelling’? Worry no more, Brainnews is here and will expatiate to your understanding.

Traveling or travelling depends on where your audience is.

Traveling is the preferred spelling in the U.S, while Travelling is the preferred spelling in the UK or in the Commonwealth. This American-British spelling difference carries others forms like: traveled or travelled and traveler or traveller.

Those publications are written in British English, while the ones that use shorter spellings e.g; “traveled,” “flavor,” and “color” are written in American English. So the difference between “traveling” and “travelling” is really a variation of dialect. Both spellings are correct. Or, more precisely, neither one of them is wrong.

The United States is pretty much alone in using the shorter form. Canada and Australia generally follow the rules of British English, and that’s why Canadians and Australians can be fond of travelling, not traveling.

Read More At: https://www.brainnewsradio.com/the-difference-between-traveling-and-travelling/

36 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The 'difference Between Traveling And Travelling' You Must Know! by BrainnewsNg(f): 10:21am On Feb 18, 2019
Re: The 'difference Between Traveling And Travelling' You Must Know! by Wizklynd23(m): 10:21am On Feb 18, 2019
angry
But OP nawaa for you oo
Space for sale..
I know this will hit fp

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The 'difference Between Traveling And Travelling' You Must Know! by Nobody: 10:24am On Feb 18, 2019
ok..buhari is traveling back to daura

122 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The 'difference Between Traveling And Travelling' You Must Know! by Nbote(m): 1:11pm On Feb 18, 2019
So jus to say one is American and the other British U had to write d long epistle

230 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The 'difference Between Traveling And Travelling' You Must Know! by ritzyvic1(m): 1:27pm On Feb 18, 2019
What you are saying in essence is there's no difference between the two words since both means the same thing?

8 Likes

Re: The 'difference Between Traveling And Travelling' You Must Know! by Libkid(m): 2:00pm On Feb 18, 2019
Thank you for nothing

4 Likes

Re: The 'difference Between Traveling And Travelling' You Must Know! by okwabayi(m): 2:10pm On Feb 18, 2019
I learned this two years ago.
I use either American English or British depending on my mood.
Most of my write ups are a mishmash of both styles due to laziness.
When I lived outside for a while though, I found submitting write ups a problem.
Here for Naija nobody send you.

2 Likes

Re: The 'difference Between Traveling And Travelling' You Must Know! by toby333: 2:56pm On Feb 18, 2019
thanks

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: The 'difference Between Traveling And Travelling' You Must Know! by Ajoboss(m): 3:01pm On Feb 18, 2019
BrainnewsNg:

Read More At: https://www.brainnewsradio.com/the-difference-between-traveling-and-travelling/

cc lalasticlala
op thank u for wasting d time I used in travelling to Dis thread

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The 'difference Between Traveling And Travelling' You Must Know! by iceboy4752(m): 3:08pm On Feb 18, 2019
Na travelling me know oh.
Re: The 'difference Between Traveling And Travelling' You Must Know! by nazablossom(f): 4:26pm On Feb 18, 2019
Traveling is for short distance while Travelling is for long distance grin. Just joking o.

Nice.

16 Likes

Re: The 'difference Between Traveling And Travelling' You Must Know! by Masterclass32: 4:37pm On Feb 18, 2019
nazablossom:
Traveling is for short distance while Travelling is for long distance grin. Just joking o.

Nice.

Na so.

cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: The 'difference Between Traveling And Travelling' You Must Know! by Mrkumareze(m): 4:41pm On Feb 18, 2019
And people get offended when igbo man says traverring

1 Like

Re: The 'difference Between Traveling And Travelling' You Must Know! by kenn4rill(m): 5:24pm On Feb 18, 2019
To me Traveling is when one is going to the village and Travelling is going overseas smiley

7 Likes

Re: The 'difference Between Traveling And Travelling' You Must Know! by omatech: 5:28pm On Feb 18, 2019
Hmmm
Re: The 'difference Between Traveling And Travelling' You Must Know! by kmaster007: 5:51pm On Feb 18, 2019
all join... all nah same same
Re: The 'difference Between Traveling And Travelling' You Must Know! by barackodam: 6:20pm On Feb 18, 2019
Nbote:
So jus to say one is American and the other British U has to write d long epistle

When I saw "you must know" I thought it was something other than the usual British and American English thingy. Such a shame

4 Likes

Re: The 'difference Between Traveling And Travelling' You Must Know! by Kylekent59: 7:08pm On Feb 18, 2019
Within the country - traveling

Outside the country- travelling.

UK gat the best english.

This reminds me of

The police has come vs The police have come

Same us vs uk.
Re: The 'difference Between Traveling And Travelling' You Must Know! by Markcityking(m): 7:30pm On Feb 18, 2019
We use the British English so is travelling ooo
Traveling is not ours cuz we were colonized by the British

2 Likes

Re: The 'difference Between Traveling And Travelling' You Must Know! by Joe88(m): 9:19pm On Feb 18, 2019
Nbote:
So jus to say one is American and the other British U has to write d long epistle
OP needed to write the epistle so that next time you would understand that "U has to write" is bad English.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The 'difference Between Traveling And Travelling' You Must Know! by Nbote(m): 9:26pm On Feb 18, 2019
Joe88:
OP needed to write the epistle so that next time you would understand that "U has to write" is bad English.

I'm not sure U know what "autocorrect" is or what it does but I'm quite sure U meant "bad grammar" and not "bad English"

2 Likes

Re: The 'difference Between Traveling And Travelling' You Must Know! by wiseone28: 10:53pm On Feb 18, 2019
If you knew this before reading click like, but if you didn't click share...i clicked like, Oya!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The 'difference Between Traveling And Travelling' You Must Know! by Joe88(m): 11:45pm On Feb 18, 2019
Nbote:

I'm not sure U know what "autocorrect" is or what it does but I'm quite sure U meant "bad grammar" and not "bad English"
Some errors aren't pardonable, you may not have a second chance � but I could. grin
Re: The 'difference Between Traveling And Travelling' You Must Know! by tatafotroll(f): 1:46am On Feb 19, 2019
nazablossom:

Nice.
ao is ur daughter?
Re: The 'difference Between Traveling And Travelling' You Must Know! by ignis: 3:16am On Feb 19, 2019
kenn4rill:
To me Traveling is when one is going to the village and Travelling is going overseas smiley
Olodo...
Re: The 'difference Between Traveling And Travelling' You Must Know! by nedubest(m): 4:14am On Feb 19, 2019
Nbote:

no mind am angry
Re: The 'difference Between Traveling And Travelling' You Must Know! by femi4: 5:56am On Feb 19, 2019
I prefer the one with "ll". Travelling with an "l" look awkward

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ogun: Smoking Schoolgirls Asked To Return To Class / ASUU To Begin Strike 2nd Of October / Deplorable State Of Ogidigben Internal Road in Warri, Delta State.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.