Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,536 members, 7,819,919 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:42 AM

Increased Recent Kidnappings Along Kwara - Ondo State Roads - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Increased Recent Kidnappings Along Kwara - Ondo State Roads (212 Views)

Travellers Panic Over Lagos-Ibadan Highway Kidnappings / Kadaria Ahmed: Kidnappings, Robbery, Rape Have Taken Over Villages In Katsina / Kaduna Tops Worst States On Kidnappings. See Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Increased Recent Kidnappings Along Kwara - Ondo State Roads by oloriooko(m): 12:47pm On Feb 18, 2019
This is a first hand experience.
I was on my way to Lagos with my family during the yuletide period in December 2018. Along Osi Ekiti road just before entering Ekiti state, around 1.30 - 2.00pm in the afternoon, we were shocked to hear gun shots directed at our vehicle from unknown persons. Considering I was travelling with my kids in the car, my husband who was driving was forced to stop. Immediately, some men came out from the bushes with AK-47 guns, approached our vehicle, asked everyone to alight from the vehicle and marched us into the forest.
I was on the trip with 3 of my kids, to our surprises, at the criminals rendezvous point, we saw many victims already kidnapped sitting on the floor of the forest.

After much pleading, I was released with 2 of my kids while my husband and daughter were held back until I was able to pay the initial ransom fee of 10 million which was bargained to 1.5 million. I got the shock of my life on getting to the Police station only to be told that I should make every effort to pay the ransom as they cannot track down the culprits.
I had to start calling friends and relatives for help because i could not boast of 50k in my account. After much cries and pleadings, I was able to raise the bulk of the money from a private money lending outfit.
Meanwhile, the kidnappers had collected one of my phones which they used in communicating with me. I was given an ultimatum to pay up or they'd killed my husband and daughter.

The trauma is indescribable. I also heard of how a lecturer in Ondo state was killed after he was kidnapped, so my singular thinking was to pay up and get my family back alive.
After paying the ransom, getting back to the police station to retrieve our vehicle, the Police demanded to know the exact amount i paid the criminals!
This is a summary of what I went through travelling on our road.

The essence of my write up is to call the attention of our security outfit to that part where kidnappers are having filled day extorting monies from innocent people. Presently, i am struggling to pay back all that helped me pay up from my salary.
Furthermore, a colleague was recently kidnapped around the same spot in February 2019 and was released upon payment of 1.3million!
This is my story but I am grateful that I got my family back alive.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Increased Recent Kidnappings Along Kwara - Ondo State Roads by Nukilia: 1:01pm On Feb 18, 2019
This is the country we have found ourselves! The security agencies are not on top of the situation at all.
I pray the criminals would be caught soon...

#NigeriaUnderASpell
Re: Increased Recent Kidnappings Along Kwara - Ondo State Roads by Nobody: 1:16pm On Feb 18, 2019
Dont be surprised the kidnappers are working with the cops, based on %. That's why they want to know how much you paid them.

I try as much not to travel out of lagos, things dey happen for road. The people that are getting paid to protect us are the ones organizing the crimes.

(1) (Reply)

. / 14 victims of trafficking rescued, 3 suspects arrested / Mechanic’s Wife Loses Pregnancy After Alleged Assault By Landlady And Her Sons

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.