Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,707 members, 7,809,686 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:08 PM

I Blamed Lord Lugard For Nigeria Problem - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Blamed Lord Lugard For Nigeria Problem (1225 Views)

Osun APC Crisis: Reports That I Blamed Devil Misleading – Aregbesola / Lord Lugard Footbridge Kaduna: 116 Years After (Photos, Video) / Zungeru Building Where Lord Lugard Signed Nigeria's Amalgamation Lies In Ruins (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Blamed Lord Lugard For Nigeria Problem by dododawa1: 4:20pm On Feb 18, 2019
He should not have joined us together.

8 Likes

Re: I Blamed Lord Lugard For Nigeria Problem by AntiNigerian: 11:39am On Nov 20, 2023
dododawa1:
100%

3 Likes

Re: I Blamed Lord Lugard For Nigeria Problem by Burob: 1:02pm On Nov 20, 2023
AntiNigerian:
100%
If there was no Nigeria, definitely your parents would never have met to conceive you, in order words without Nigeria, you wouldn’t have even existed in the first instance to support this nonsense illogical reasoning, in blaming Lord Frederick Lugard for your failure a 100 years after the officer of the British Empire had been deceased.

No wonder you are a failure in society, anyone with this myopic sense of reasoning must definitely be a Failure without any shadow of a doubt.
Re: I Blamed Lord Lugard For Nigeria Problem by jude79(m): 2:16pm On Nov 20, 2023
Lord lugard wasn't actually the problem, the British left a constitution that catapulted Nigeria to one of the fastest growing economy in the world, the derailment started when awolowo initiated the wild wild west saga, while fighting akintola, who he believed had a lighned with Nigerians from other ethnic groups, capping it up with sponsoring of the first coup de etat through banjo.
Secondly, when it was time for the military to hand over in 1999, abdulsalami handed us the 1999 constitution,
In this constitution, the legislative, the executive and the judiciary were the three arms of government, while the legislative members are elected, leaders of executive are also elected, sounds cool eh, no, it's crap, the devil is in the details.
1) The head of the body that' s incharge of the election, inec, is appointed the president, instead of bipartisan commission as is done in modern democracy, thus the acronym, independent electoral commission, INEC, becomes useless, and ends up handing the legislature to the president.
2) The chief justice, who is the head of judiciary is appointed by the president, instead of the national judicial commission, thus it's impossible to defeat the president in election or court, if he or she chooses to manipulate the system

What this means is that the 1999 constitution handed the legislative and judiciary over to the executive, making the government, a one arm government.
Thus, if the president is sincere, inec can hold credible elections, if the president is a criminal, then Nigerians are finished, and their votes won't count and they can't change a bad government, it will even be impossible to change a useless and incompetent president, after he rigs himself in, if you like bring evidence from heaven, the court will denied you justice, no matter how glaring the evidence is.

4 Likes

Re: I Blamed Lord Lugard For Nigeria Problem by Christistruth03: 2:21pm On Nov 20, 2023
This is very Hypocritical coming from Azikiwe’s Children

When Awolowo in the 1950s requested that a Secession Clause be added to the Constitution Sardauna supported him

Go and find out the extent to which Azikiwe went to keep it out of the Constitution

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Blamed Lord Lugard For Nigeria Problem by aljharem(m): 2:30pm On Nov 20, 2023
Christistruth03:

When Awolowo in the 1950s requested that a Secession Clause be added to the Constitution Sardauna supported him

Go and find out the extent to which Azikiwe went to keep it out of the Constitution

Are you minding them. Rubbish people

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Blamed Lord Lugard For Nigeria Problem by jude79(m): 2:40pm On Nov 20, 2023
Christistruth03:

Secession clause was as a result of insincerity and complete lack of nationalism on awolowos behalf, he destroyed the country by sponsoring the first coup, led by banjo through whom he financed nzeogwu, ifeajuna, ademoyega, banjo himself and their lieutenants, the coup was majorly foiled by ojukwu fajuyi and agu ironsi.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Blamed Lord Lugard For Nigeria Problem by YesDaddy1: 2:57pm On Nov 20, 2023
''Awolowo sponsored d 1st coup''? From behind bars, shey??
Ndi-Igbos and lies!

Is dt d version of the lies ur daddy fed u??
grin

jude79:

Secession clause was as a result of insincerity and complete lack of nationalism on awolowos behalf, he destroyed the country by sponsoring the first coup, led by banjo through whom he financed nzeogwu, ifeajuna, ademoyega, banjo himself and their lieutenants, the coup was majorly foiled by ojukwu fajuyi and agu ironsi.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Blamed Lord Lugard For Nigeria Problem by Christistruth03: 3:08pm On Nov 20, 2023
jude79:

Was it Ojukwu and his Biafrans that were Sincere and Complete Nigerian Nationalists in your Opinion?

Ifeajuna who was Azikiwe’s Onitsha Kinsman and Cousin led the first Coup

He must have also leaked it to Azikiwe who left the country beforehand because it was only his

Own Political kinsmen and leaders that came out of the deadly Coup Massacre unscathed in

What later became clear was actually an Ethnic Cleansing Campaign that they had tagged a coup

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Blamed Lord Lugard For Nigeria Problem by guysbewise: 3:21pm On Nov 20, 2023
Every tribe should have remained as their own nation as the Europeans met them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GW0J2wyINQ

2 Likes

Re: I Blamed Lord Lugard For Nigeria Problem by Macdeey: 3:22pm On Nov 20, 2023
dododawa1:
You go Blame the Dead tire cheesy grin grin

2 Likes

Re: I Blamed Lord Lugard For Nigeria Problem by Christistruth03: 3:24pm On Nov 20, 2023
guysbewise:
Every tribe should have remained as their own nation as the Europeans met them.

That map was not how the British met things

Oyo Controlled Badagry Area Egba controlled all of today’s Metropolitan Lagos including Iddo Island area except Lagos Island and

Ijebu Controlled everything North and West of Lekki Lagos

Oyo and Ijebu came down heavily on Benin for Trying to Landlock Yorubaland in the 16th Century
after the Nupe occupied Oyo

Basorun Yamba of Oyo (Basorun Gaza’s father) restored the Status Quo after the Nupes had been defeated and driven out of Oyo

and it was Ijebu that completely chased Benin out of Lagos except for a corner of Lagos Island

Where the Oyo and Awori had allowed them to Stay

The Awori were under Oyo when it happened

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Blamed Lord Lugard For Nigeria Problem by gidgiddy: 3:44pm On Nov 20, 2023
dododawa1:

It was a big mistake he made joing us together, it proved to be disastrous today
Re: I Blamed Lord Lugard For Nigeria Problem by gidgiddy: 3:50pm On Nov 20, 2023
Christistruth03:

In other words, Zik was more powerful tyan Awolowo and Saduana, and decided what would enter tye Nigerian constitution?

By the way, if you did not need a secession clause to create Nigeria, why do you need secession clause to do away with Nigeria?

It only remain for them to say you need secession clause to breath air

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Blamed Lord Lugard For Nigeria Problem by AntiNigerian: 4:36pm On Nov 20, 2023
Burob:
If there was no Nigeria, definitely your parents would never have met to conceive you, in order words without Nigeria, you wouldn’t have even existed in the first instance to support this nonsense illogical reasoning, in blaming Lord Frederick Lugard for your failure a 100 years after the officer of the British Empire had been deceased.

No wonder you are a failure in society, anyone with this myopic sense of reasoning must definitely be a Failure without any shadow of a doubt.
firstly, you're the clown here! My parents are not of mixed ethnicities. They are of the same ethnic stock, so what's your problem?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Blamed Lord Lugard For Nigeria Problem by Christistruth03: 6:50pm On Nov 20, 2023
gidgiddy:

In other words, Zik was more powerful tyan Awolowo and Saduana, and decided what would enter tye Nigerian constitution?

By the way, if you did not need a secession clause to create Nigeria, why do you need secession clause to do away with Nigeria?

It only remain for them to say you need secession clause to breath air

Let Azikiwe reply you himself

By Nnamdi Azikiwe

When the 1954 constitution conference started, my good friend, Chief Obafemi Awolowo tabled a motion to the effect that in the new constitution, provision should be made that any state which feels like seceding should do so. I was opposed to it and said ‘no’ and said that once we have a federation, we are indivisible and perpetual."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thenewsnigeria.com.ng/2020/10/01/nigeria-at-60-why-azikiwe-opposed-secession/amp/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Blamed Lord Lugard For Nigeria Problem by gidgiddy: 6:57pm On Nov 20, 2023
Christistruth03:

Let Azikiwe reply you himself

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thenewsnigeria.com.ng/2020/10/01/nigeria-at-60-why-azikiwe-opposed-secession/amp/

Some day, I hope you unity beggars will explain how Zik managed to be more powerful than Saduana and Awolowo to decide if secession clause will be in the Nigerian constitution

If secession clause was not needed to create Nigeria, it is not needed to do away with Nigeria
Re: I Blamed Lord Lugard For Nigeria Problem by Catapault: 7:02pm On Nov 20, 2023
jude79:
Lord lugard wasn't actually the problem, the British left a constitution that catapulted Nigeria to one of the fastest growing economy in the world….

Fastest what?

You’re very stupid.

Name me ONE industry the British built in Nigeria.

In fact Name me ONE power plant they built.

Did they complete a single university in their time here, despite ruling and exporting our resources for a century?

CAPITAL NO.

Ewu fastest economy.

The thieves came and looted and robbed the nation blind for a century, enriching their country and queen, and you are here talking slave crap.

Were it not for independence in 1960, following which schools and other infrastructure began to be built en masse by Nigerian leaders, you would have been an illiterate hunter or palmwine tapper in the village like your grandpa under colonialism.

I just don’t know how the British managed to brainwash you people like this, to the point of seeing them as angels after they impoverished and robbed you blind for a century.

Tufiakwa.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Blamed Lord Lugard For Nigeria Problem by Christistruth03: 7:04pm On Nov 20, 2023
gidgiddy:

Some day, I hope you unity beggars will explain how Zik managed to be more powerful than Saduana and Awolowo to decide if secession clause will be in the Nigerian constitution

If secession clause was not needed to create Nigeria, it is not needed to do away with Nigeria

Nigeria was Created by Military Conquest

the 1954 Constitional Conference was an opportunity for correcting any mistakes or abnormality

Even the Niger Delta could have Negotiated t's own Position and interests

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Blamed Lord Lugard For Nigeria Problem by joyandfaith: 7:06pm On Nov 20, 2023
dododawa1:

We had opportunity to go on our way before independence and during civil war. Precolonial and civil war leaders lacked foresight.

4 Likes

Re: I Blamed Lord Lugard For Nigeria Problem by Christistruth03: 7:09pm On Nov 20, 2023
joyandfaith:

We had opportunity to go on our way before independence and during civil war. Precolonial and civil war leaders lacked foresight.

Ojukwu didn't even want to go his own way during the War he was busy calculating how to and trying hard to kidnap and hijack the entire Niger Delta along with him

2 Likes

Re: I Blamed Lord Lugard For Nigeria Problem by Catapault: 7:30pm On Nov 20, 2023
BUT YOU PEOPLE CAN ALWAYS VOTE WITH YOUR FEET BY RETURNING TO YOUR RESPECTIVE REGIONS TODAY, OR DID LUGARD, WHO IS CURRENTLY ROASTING IN HELL, PREVENT YOU FROM DOING THIS?

TODAY YOU HAVE 12 MILLION IGBOS LIVING IN THE NORTH.

10 MILLION IN THE WEST.

MAKING MONEY AND PROSPERING.

YOU HAVE LUGARD TO THANK FOR THAT.

SO SHUT UP AND STOP COMPLAINING, you DUMBASS Igbos.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Blamed Lord Lugard For Nigeria Problem by dododawa1: 7:37pm On Nov 20, 2023
Catapault:
BUT YOU PEOPLE CAN ALWAYS VOTE WITH YOUR FEET BY RETURNING TO YOUR RESPECTIVE REGIONS TODAY, OR DID LUGARD, WHO IS CURRENTLY ROASTING IN HELL, PREVENT YOU FROM DOING THIS?

TODAY YOU HAVE 12 MILLION IGBOS LIVING IN THE NORTH.

10 MILLION IN THE WEST.

MAKING MONEY AND PROSPERING.

YOU HAVE LUGARD TO THANK FOR THAT.

SO SHUT UP AND STOP COMPLAINING, you DUMBASS Igbos.

calm down

1 Like

Re: I Blamed Lord Lugard For Nigeria Problem by joyandfaith: 7:55pm On Nov 20, 2023
Christistruth03:

Ojukwu didn't even want to go his own way during the War he was busy calculating how to and trying hard to kidnap and hijack the entire Niger Delta along with him

Pls focus on other leaders as well..All of them . lacked foresight. They wanted one Nigeria. I wish Awolowo had inspired yorubas for secession then. He didn't because he had dream of himself as head of state united states of Nigeria under confederation system of government

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Blamed Lord Lugard For Nigeria Problem by Christistruth03: 7:59pm On Nov 20, 2023
joyandfaith:

Pls focus on other leaders as well..All of them . lacked foresight. They wanted one Nigeria. I wish Awolowo had inspired yorubas for secession then. He didn't because he had dream of himself as head of state united states of Nigeria under confederation system of government

I think Awolowo’s mistake was going for independence too Early in 1960

2 Likes

Re: I Blamed Lord Lugard For Nigeria Problem by joyandfaith: 10:35pm On Nov 20, 2023
Christistruth03:

I think Awolowo’s mistake was going for independence too Early in 1960

You got it.
Re: I Blamed Lord Lugard For Nigeria Problem by jude79(m): 2:07pm On Nov 21, 2023
YesDaddy1:
''Awolowo sponsored d 1st coup''? From behind bars, shey??
Ndi-Igbos and lies!

Is dt d version of the lies ur daddy fed u??
grin

yes, he sponsored the first coup from behind bars, when the plotters were caught the revealed that much, actually, according to the plotters themselves, the aim and motive behind the coup was to install awolowo.QED
Re: I Blamed Lord Lugard For Nigeria Problem by jude79(m): 3:07pm On Nov 21, 2023
Catapault:

Fastest what?

You’re very stupid.

Name me ONE industry the British built in Nigeria.

In fact Name me ONE power plant they built.

Did they complete a single university in their time here, despite ruling and exporting our resources for a century?

CAPITAL NO.

Ewu fastest economy.

The thieves came and looted and robbed the nation blind for a century, enriching their country and queen, and you are here talking slave crap.

Were it not for independence in 1960, following which schools and other infrastructure began to be built en masse by Nigerian leaders, you would have been an illiterate hunter or palmwine tapper in the village like your grandpa under colonialism.

I just don’t know how the British managed to brainwash you people like this, to the point of seeing them as angels after they impoverished and robbed you blind for a century.

Tufiakwa.

Yes among the fastest growing economy in the world between 1960 to 1967, it then started reaping the fruit of oil in the 70s, but 3 sinister things happened between 1967 to 80 these was when the seed of failures were planted in Nigeria
1) Gowon abolished regional government, he created states and started unitary government, meanwhile calling Nigeria federal government of Nigeria, exactly opposite of what it means, go and verify.
2) experienced managers of multinationals and civil service, who were of biafran extraction were either demoted or outrightly sacked, this started the collapse of civil service and multinationals, they were replaced by newly recruited inexperienced poorly trained managers, took who instituted corruption and bribe taking, without knowing the consequencies of their action
3) indigenization policy, just like it happened in Zimbabwe, when Mugabe government retrieved land from white zimbaweans and handed it to black zimbaweans, without first assimilating blacks into modern agricultural practices and management, this resulted into the complete collapse of zimbawean economy then, in somewhat similar scenario, indigenization forcefully mandated multinational firms to handover 51% stake to nigerians, these led to an Exodus of majority of these multinational companies, cutting off Nigeria from international technological experience and advancement, the ones that remained crashed their shares and sold to Nigerians to beat the deadline, Nigerians were given loans from funds obtained by stripping biafrans off their deposits, leaving only 20 pounds each for biafrans, these new Nigerian owners of such multinationals became rich overnight, and started owambe party, by 2015 20% of such multinationals had collapsed and left, from 2015 to 2023, 65% had left making it 85%, soaring unemployment collapse of the naira and crashed economy is the only legacy Nigerians have now, no amount of tufiakwa and insult can change what had happened and the resultant effects.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Blamed Lord Lugard For Nigeria Problem by YesDaddy1: 3:13pm On Nov 21, 2023
Lolz....according to BBS - Biafran bureau of statistics, shey??

Tnx for the comedic relief.
grin

jude79:

yes, he sponsored the first coup from behind bars, when the plotters were caught the revealed that much, actually, according to the plotters themselves, the aim and motive behind the coup was to install awolowo.QED

2 Likes

Re: I Blamed Lord Lugard For Nigeria Problem by jude79(m): 3:20pm On Nov 21, 2023
YesDaddy1:
Lolz....according to BBS - Biafran bureau of statistics, shey??

Tnx for the comedic relief.
grin

It's what it is, but it's okay, it's the past, nothing much you can do about it, just learn, move on and stop crying over spilt milk
Re: I Blamed Lord Lugard For Nigeria Problem by YesDaddy1: 3:27pm On Nov 21, 2023
cool
jude79:

It's what it is, but it's okay, it's the past, nothing much you can do about it, just learn, move on and stop crying over spilt milk

1 Like

Re: I Blamed Lord Lugard For Nigeria Problem by orisa37: 4:32pm On Nov 21, 2023
HE DIDN'T GIVE US THE PRESIDENTIAL SYSTEM. WE COPIED IT WRONGLY FROM THE U.S.
LORD LUGARD WROTE DOWN ALL OUR DIFFERENT CHARACTERISTICS AND DIDN'T PREVENT NIGERIA FROM RESTRUCTURING.
LORD LUGARD WAS THE BEST RULER IN NIGERIA. MAY GOD GRANT HIM ETERNAL REPOSE.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Kano Elections: INEC Suspends Nasarawa Local Government Results / (Photos) Kebbi State Governor Praises Villagers For Protecting Stray Elephants / Ugwuanyi Embarks On Massive Road Construction As Enugu Assembly Lauds Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.