Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,727 members, 7,824,058 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:34 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 - Travel (120) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 (863831 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Uche8419: 10:02pm On Mar 09, 2019
Please house,
Can I do my medicals before receiving ITA?
How about police report, can I as well do it before receiving ITA?

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Topsmamen: 10:06pm On Mar 09, 2019
Uche8419:
Please house,
Can I do my medicals before receiving ITA?
How about police report, can I as well do it before receiving ITA?

Thanks.

Yes you can do medicals before ITA. That’s why it’s called an upfront medical exam. Check with the designated organization.

Police report before ITA, for sure.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Debsify: 10:13pm On Mar 09, 2019
kart042000:

I am in Edmonton, Alberta. Yeah Toronto been the technology hub will always have that, but I expected other areas to have things like support which would be basic troubleshooting and managing of the internetwork.
A lot of IT/Desktop support jobs in Alberta call for few years of experience with windows OS, Certs in ITIL, A+, MSCA and sometimes experience with some specific software the companies use for ticketing and support.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by ladymarshall: 10:14pm On Mar 09, 2019
In addition to previous advice, see further corrections below:

Beware of contractions (I'm, you're etc). You over-used them. Try not to get used to them. I understand they are ok for informal letters, but many times, it is not easy to make the conscious switch from contractions to writing them in full when you have to write formal. Stick to non-contracted verb forms and it will work well for you in both formal and informal. The way you used them here would give the impression that you do not know how to use verbs in non-contracted forms.

How is the new job? (remove "coming along" )

"Platform" is incorrect here, I think you mean "location" (maybe "branch" could also work)

Write MOD/IDP in full. If you are to use abbreviations, the first mention of it should be written in full. Subsequent mentions can be abbreviated.

Good points for using "feverishly" appropriately. Continue in that manner. Do not keep it simple. Use big grammar, but use it well. Show the examiner that you can write comfortably using uncommon words.

"writing", W should not be in caps (or "Writing Module", so we know you are referring to a proper noun)

Your 3rd sentence, paragraph 2 is great. That is complex sentence (mixed with a question). Please write more sentences like this one.

I am assuming you meant "halt" not "hilt", but remove "to a halt", it sounds colloquial, just write "you're busy"

Technically, "targeting" is correct. But it just does not sound nice when it is written. It sounds better when speaking (Mind you, you must be careful not to write exactly how you speak, some words/sentences sound great when you speak but less desirable when you write them). Maybe it is just me overthinking it. Personally, I would write "I strongly desire a 7.5 score"

paper-based (with an hypen)

handwritten (in one word)/hand-written (Be careful of words like this)

"it's", not "its" (the apostrophe makes all the difference in both words, again, avoid contractions if you can)

I think what you mean is "electronic devices", as against pen and paper. Keep in mind equal comparisons/weightings in comparative sentences.

Avoid simple sentences as much as you can. The last bolded parts could be rewritten as "I hope you understand but I would make my handwriting as legible as possible, although it would take a great deal of effort on my part. I am really counting on you to assist me because this exam is a make or break test for me, especially since passing it would make my dreams of migrating to Canada come through." (flesh up your sentences so you can make them complex)

Your last sentence has a weird construction and is not good. You can rewrite it as "I woud like to send you my practice tests on Whatsapp, however, if you consider it too personal or inconvenient, I can send it via email or other messaging platforms suggested by you" (Note I ended the sentence with a passive noun clause). Combining different types of sentences proves to the reader that you have a good grasp of the language. Using transitional words transforms your sentences from basic to complex which would score you points.

This link has a great repertoire of transitional words which I still consult when I write in my job http://writing2.richmond.edu/writing/wweb/trans1.html

"Thanks a bunch" is too colloquial even for spoken English. Just write "Thanks in advance" or "Thanks very much" or "Thank you".

Also, do not take punctuations for granted. There should be a comma in front of "Dear friend" and "Best wishes".

I got an 8 in writing, so this advice is not the best you can get. Perhaps there are those who got 8.5/9 in writing that can give superior advice. Also, when practicing, target scoring 9 in all the modules and practice hard for those scores (lol, I used the word "target" ). Usually, we tend to score lower than what our targeted scores. If you practice hard for a 9, you might end up getting an 8.5 or 8 in writing. In addition, please spend more time, thought and mental energy practicing task 2 and write impeccably even during your practice tests.

jjohndoe83:
Dear Friend

I trust that you're keeping well. How's the new job coming along ? I hear you've been posted to the offshore platform of your company just off the coast of Alberta? Good luck on that one.

I'm challenging the IELTS exam on 6th April 2019. I registered with MOD/IDP in Lagos and I've been practicing feverishly for about a month. I'm currently preparing for my W riting module and even though I know you're busy to a hilt , would you be kind enough to review my essays for me? I'll really appreciate it. I'm targeting a 7.5 score and I need all the help I can get.

Note though that I'm writing the paper based test, so I'll have to send you photographs of my hand written essays and letters. I know its a little clumsy but I'm trying to practice under exam conditions and I'm not really used to writing with a pen because I type mostly on a computer device. I hope you understand. I'll make my handwriting as legible as possible.

I'm really counting on you for this one. It's a make or break test for me. If you don't want to get personal like on WhatsApp, we can talk via email or any other way you suggest. Thanks a bunch.

Best wishes
Jjohndoe83.

45 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Ramj: 10:16pm On Mar 09, 2019
Xbature:
Dear House and any one that can help, i need help o.

Our timeline is thus: ITA in September 2018, AOR in October 2018, biometrics update in November 2018, since that time no update. GCMS in February 2019 showed that our file is now with Accra. So today we checked and saw additional document request. I will like to post it here if any one can help me o. My wife is the principal applicant, and she has resigned from her job(Dec 2018) due to some level of stress that is affecting her health badly. Putting this in mind how do you advise i respond to this questions, your response may move us forward in this quest o:

1. Client Information: Provide pay slips from employer for the period of assessment This must be received at this office by: 2019/04/08
*** My question(What do they mean? for past 6 months or all the years she worked? or last one year before she resigned?)what does the period of assessment means? [font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]
2. Client Information: Provide Bank statements showing salary deposits from employer (please highlight salary deposits) This must be received at this office by: 2019/04/08.*** My question(How many month banks statement, must it include to this present month? and also the initial funds we fixed was a lump some from one of my personal company and i didnt include that side hustle in any of my personal details how do i handle this one?)

3. Client Information: Provide updated proof of settlement funds This must be received at this office by: 2019/04/08
*** We used Fixed deposit and mutual funds, the money is still there so i can get this from the bank,
4. Schedule A: Submit a separate and newly completed Schedule A Background Declaration form (IMM 5669) bearing an original signature updated schedule A (make sure there are no gaps in time) for you and your spouse This must be received at this office by: 2019/04/08
5. Additional Family Information: Submit a completed Additional Family Information form (IMM5645) updated Additional Family Information for you and your spouse This must be received at this office by: 2019/04/08

Please you will be helping a guy that is confused with valuable response o

1. A year payslip would be enough and I hope you informed CIC when she resigned from her job last November

2. the Request is simple - they request that the statement to show salary deposit - One year would be okay at least you can request a customized statement to show only deposits from her office for the past one year ( to make it less bulky). If not possible get her statement and highlight the salary deposits

3. Very easy contact you bank

4. Fill the form
5. Fill the form

Je m'appelle ADR

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Debsify: 10:20pm On Mar 09, 2019
Ifeoma77:

BSc alone is not enough anymore. You need another qualification so you can claim 2 or more certificates.
Popular choices include BCIT, CIMA, CIPM, ACCA or a Pgd. ICAN ATS also works
BCIT
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by ladymarshall: 10:29pm On Mar 09, 2019
Thought I was the only one who noticed grin grin

Amandacanny:
Guy calm down nah, and why did u change to "nobody "I hope you are not planning to go incognito as soon as ur "thing" drops grin
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Greatkhad: 10:42pm On Mar 09, 2019
jjohndoe83:

Yes! Thanks.

I dont mind reviewing your essays..u can tag me when u post them

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Greatkhad: 10:48pm On Mar 09, 2019
ladymarshall:

Beware of contractions (I'm, you're etc). You over-used them. Try not to get used to them.

Constantly amazed at how helpful people are on this platform. This was a well detailed review.

Welldone!

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by jjohndoe83: 10:54pm On Mar 09, 2019
ladymarshall:

Beware of contractions (I'm, you're etc). You over-used them. Try not to get used to them. I understand they are ok for informal letters, but many times, it is not easy to make the conscious switch from contractions to writing them in full when you have to write formal. Stick to non-contracted verb forms and it will work well for you in both formal and informal. The way you used them here would give the impression that you do not know how to use verbs in non-contracted forms.

Wow! Thanks thanks. This was incisive. I have to read this again when I wake up. There's work to do mhen!

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Nobody: 11:03pm On Mar 09, 2019
I just want to thank everyone who encouraged me after my emotional outburst last year, in part 6, about being frustrated after writing ielts unsuccessfully and was stuck in 6.5 writing after six attempts in nine months. I was encouraged to give it a break, practice well and take the exam again, which I did (someone even volunteered to contribute to my registration fee). Thankfully, I passed this time around! L:8.5, R:8.5, S:8.0 W:7.0.

I am so grateful to this wonderful family, it wouldn't have been possible without you guys!

That said, please I want to ask, how can someone claim points for an employment he was paid cash? I worked in a small company where I was paid cash. The employer didn't issue any pay slip and I don't have any proof on my end other than my employment letter. How do I go about it? Because this job is crucial to my eligibility in terms of continuous work experience.

Once again, thanks every one!

63 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Topsmamen: 11:06pm On Mar 09, 2019
All hail @ladymarshall, the English Marshal.

20 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Topsmamen: 11:09pm On Mar 09, 2019
NameUserNo:
I just want to thank everyone who encouraged me after my emotional outburst last year in part 6, about being frustrated after writing ielts unsuccessfully six times in nine months. I was encouraged to give it a break, practice well and take the exam again, which I did. Thankfully, I passed this time around! L:8.5, R:8.5, S:8.0 W:7.0.

I am so grateful to this wonderful family, it wouldn't have been possible without you guys!

That said, please I want to ask, how can someone claim points for an employment he was paid cash? I worked in a small company where I was paid cash. The employer didn't issue any pay slip and I don't have any proof on my end other than my employment letter. How do I go about it? Because this job is crucial to my eligibility in terms of continuous work experience.

Wow! Plenty congrats! Your resilience and determination have paid off......beautifully. Congrats!

You can write a letter of explanation to indicate that you were paid in cash during your employment. The employment letter and letter of explanation are okay.

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by ladymarshall: 11:10pm On Mar 09, 2019
Wow! Big Congrats! Your perseverance paid off!!!

Ask your employer to issue you a salary certificate. Also ensure your reference letter in CIC format clearly states that you were paid in cash.

NameUserNo:
I just want to thank everyone who encouraged me after my emotional outburst last year, in part 6, about being frustrated after writing ielts unsuccessfully and was stuck in 6.5 writing after six times in nine months. I was encouraged to give it a break, practice well and take the exam again, which I did (someone even volunteered to contribute to my registration fee). Thankfully, I passed this time around! L:8.5, R:8.5, S:8.0 W:7.0.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Nobody: 11:12pm On Mar 09, 2019
Topsmamen:

Wow! Plenty congrats! Your resilience and determination have paid off......beautifully. Congrats!

You can write a letter of explanation to indicate that you were paid in cash during your employment. The employment letter and letter of explanation are okay.
Thanks a lot!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Nobody: 11:13pm On Mar 09, 2019
ladymarshall:
Wow! Big Congrats! Your perseverance paid off!!!

Ask your employer to issue you a salary certificate. Also ensure your reference letter in CIC format clearly states that you were paid in cash.

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by ladymarshall: 11:13pm On Mar 09, 2019
Lmao!!!!!! Very funny grin grin grin

Topsmamen:
All hail @ladymarshall, the English Marshal.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by jjohndoe83: 11:27pm On Mar 09, 2019
ladymarshall:
Lmao!!!!!! Very funny grin grin grin

Do you mind helping out with reviews? Your review blew me out of the water and I'm so upset right now, I almost can't sleep. I'm writing in exactly four weeks.

I might not be able to put the essays here, I'm writing on paper. I could take clear photos and send privately for reviews. Can this work? I can start from Wednesday after I must have revised my methods and done some more practice, that way you get a more refined draft. Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by princesschuks: 11:52pm On Mar 09, 2019
ladymarshall:

Also, when practicing, target scoring 9 in all the modules and practice hard for those scores (lol, I used the word "target" ). Usually, we tend to score lower than what our targeted scores. If you practice hard for a 9, you might end up getting an 8.5 or 8 in writing. In addition, please spend more time, thought and mental energy practicing task 2 and write impeccably even during your practice tests.

Waawu. You are amazing.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by ladymarshall: 11:59pm On Mar 09, 2019
Don't be upset. Corrections make you better and more aware of your flaws. Better that you know now than after exams.

Chai! Oga, na work you wan giv me o grin Ok sure. Do it and send privately. Send me task 2. If you ace them, task 1 is a walkover.

jjohndoe83:

Do you mind helping out with reviews? Your review blew me out of the water and I'm so upset right now, I almost can't sleep. I'm writing in exactly four weeks.

I might not be able to put the essays here, I'm writing on paper. I could take clear photos and send privately for reviews. Can this work? I can start from Wednesday after I must have revised my methods and done some more practice, that way you get a more refined draft. Thanks in advance.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by chukwumummy: 12:00am On Mar 10, 2019
PLS I'M FILLING MY E-APR AND I NOTICED THAT I MADE A MISTAKE IN MY SON'S NAME, INSTEAD OF KENECHUKWU I TYPED KENECHUMWH. AND IS NOT ALLOWING ME TO MODIFY. THE NAME IS LOCKD. PLS WHAT DO I DO?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by jjohndoe83: 12:04am On Mar 10, 2019
ladymarshall:
Don't be upset. Corrections make you better and more aware of your flaws. Better that you know now than after exams.
Chai! Oga, na work you wan giv me o grin Ok sure. Do it and send privately. Send me task 2. If you ace them, task 1 is a walkover.

Thank you very much. I've not even started studying for Task 2. But I'll move to that and walk back to Task 1.

I'm not upset because I was corrected, it's more like how did I make so many mistakes, me that I've published in journals grin grin Thanks for the jolt, I take it as God answering my prayers to write this once by showing me what I need to know. I'll be in touch. Sending you a personal message.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Kogigallll: 12:35am On Mar 10, 2019
Airn:
Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Xbature: 12:47am On Mar 10, 2019
Ramj:

1. A year payslip would be enough and I hope you informed CIC when she resigned from her job last November

2. the Request is simple - they request that the statement to show salary deposit - One year would be okay at least you can request a customized statement to show only deposits from her office for the past one year ( to make it less bulky). If not possible get her statement and highlight the salary deposits

3. Very easy contact you bank

4. Fill the form
5. Fill the form

Je m'appelle ADR

Thanks for the response. The wahala there is that we haven’t notified them of the resignation even though there is a cogent reason for it. We intend to explain it in the explanation letter we will be attaching and for the statement that won’t be any issue but I want to know if it should stop at this March. Meaning doing from April 2018 to March 2019. because all through 2017 to March 2018 she as on study leave without pay.
Your advises have been very helpful and my tension is reducing gradually. You can see I never fit sleep becos of how to solve this issue.
Thanks again.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by GozyNA: 1:03am On Mar 10, 2019
You're amazing.

ladymarshall:

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Josefuadjr: 1:11am On Mar 10, 2019
Xbature:

Thanks for the response. The wahala there is that we haven’t notified them of the resignation even though there is a cogent reason for it. We intend to explain it in the explanation letter we will be attaching and for the statement that won’t be any issue but I want to know if it should stop at this March. Meaning doing from April 2018 to March 2019. because all through 2017 to March 2018 she as on study leave without pay.
Your advises have been very helpful and my tension is reducing gradually. You can see I never fit sleep becos of how to solve this issue.
Thanks again.

Worry not. You'll be fine
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Fadia: 1:21am On Mar 10, 2019
1. I submitted my aunt's Passport as the Proof of PR and submitted copies of her recent phone bill, hydro bill, passport (again) and Employment T4 as the Family member proof of status.

2. My aunt didn't have a birth certificate to show so my mum went to National Population Commission to get a letter of attestation for her and also swore an affidavit of relationship at the high court. My aunt also wrote a justification letter explaining the family tree and put her number there to be contacted for further enquiries.

Modified.
Bbol:
Hello Seniors,

I am Post-ITA, please I need some help

1. what is the difference between Proof of Sibling PR and Family member proof of status. I have the two placeholders and they both seem to refer to my sibling's PR card. Do i upload the same card in both places?

2. Also under proof of sibling relationship, I have my birth certificate with our parent's names but my sibling cannot find his own birth certificate. What other document can be used for this?

Thank you

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by zone51: 2:30am On Mar 10, 2019
COPR:

3-4 weeks for just NECO evaluation, that can be done in 6days? Anyway, the problem with some people on this thread is that, they dont read. We've covered this process here on this thread before.

Please help out here, I want to use my NECO result, have 8 Credits and 1 D7 in Chemistry, does it matter?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by sconp: 3:02am On Mar 10, 2019
zone51:

Please help out here, I want to use my NECO result, have 8 Credits and 1 D7 in Chemistry, does it matter?
No
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Canadaforsure(f): 3:10am On Mar 10, 2019
Dear family. Great job every one. Please i need the format for a colleague writing IRCC in the event i can't get reference letter from my employer. I searched the thread but cant seem to locate something like that.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by 19CannyMum: 4:04am On Mar 10, 2019
jjohndoe83:

I see your point about "challenging" I could have used write. I actually struggle with informal communication. I do a lot of formal writing in every day life. That may explain the big grammar.

I'll appreciate if you can direct me to what's wrong with the bolded words. Thank you.

Share the question you're answering. The question is as important as the answer.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Elektra008(f): 5:36am On Mar 10, 2019
COPR:

3-4 weeks for just NECO evaluation, that can be done in 6days? Anyway, the problem with some people on this thread is that, they dont read. We've covered this process here on this thread before.

Please can you point me to the right link where we covered issues on neco verification? I actually read all the pages on this part but I must have overlooked it. Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) ... (503)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.