Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,364 members, 7,815,778 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:10 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 - Travel (218) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 (859903 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) (221) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by jjohndoe83: 10:04am On Mar 26, 2019
kingkhalil:
Nice to see lots of people getting their PPRs... hoping we all have good news at the end of the journey too. I wrote IELTS on Saturday (My first attempt) and I am keeping my fingers crossed. Having my credentials assessed by both WES and IQAS. IQAS has been on my case since February and not updates from them as of yet, so I am pursuing the WES alternative too (Assessing my LLB and BL certificates). .Assessing my wife's Access Diploma in Law and BSC Economics with ICES.

Hoping to get really good news in the next two months so i can dive into the pool headlong
Hi Chief. Can you give me an idea of the cost implications of evaluating BL and LLB with WES? How much have you spent so far? WAEC verification and law school transcript in particular. I'm thinking up my contingency plan should IQAS delay or mess up for any reason.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by kingkhalil: 10:12am On Mar 26, 2019
jjohndoe83:

Hi Chief. Can you give me an idea of the cost implications of evaluating BL and LLB with WES? How much have you spent so far? WAEC verification and law school transcript in particular. I'm thinking up my contingency plan should IQAS delay or mess up for any reason.

Hello boss, asides the customary WES fee, I have spent the following on WES ALONE so far:

1. WAEC- 28,000
2. UI TRANSCRIPT: ABOUT 22,000
3. LAW SCHOOL TRANSCRIPT: 34,000

I think like me, you should make WES your contingency plan. One never knows with IQAS...
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by ladymarshall: 10:14am On Mar 26, 2019
Read all the information via the chats in the link below and make your decision

https://www.nairaland.com/search/unaccompanying%20spouse/0/0/0

whoknew:
The seniors in the house kindly advise. CRS with spouse is 441 and without spouse is 455, is it advisable to do spouse unaccompanying as cut off has reduced to drop or should we still hope that ot will drop soon. Hubby doesn't mind as he doesn't even plan to stay in Canada yet. Any major disadvantage of unaccompanying spouse?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by kingkhalil: 10:15am On Mar 26, 2019
whoknew:
The seniors in the house kindly advise. CRS with spouse is 441 and without spouse is 455, is it advisable to do spouse unaccompanying as cut off has reduced to drop or should we still hope that ot will drop soon. Hubby doesn't mind as he doesn't even plan to stay in Canada yet. Any major disadvantage of unaccompanying spouse?

I have considered this but trust me, it is better you all go together. The process of getting them over there is tedious

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Nobody: 10:16am On Mar 26, 2019
That was in the past. These days, they are as slow as a snail

I thought I heard ICES are fast?[/quote]
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by jjohndoe83: 10:22am On Mar 26, 2019
kingkhalil:

Hello boss, asides the customary WES fee, I have spent the following on WES ALONE so far:

1. WAEC- 28,000

I think like me, you should make WES your contingency plan. One never knows with IQAS...
Wawu! I'll continue to wait for IQAS. They take about 100 days to acknowledge receipt and that's when the 15/20 weeks processing time begins to count.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Debsify: 10:29am On Mar 26, 2019
akintunde63:

They acknowledged receipt of mine on 5th Feb, since then it has been "being checked by ICES". I don't even know what they are checking, something that they should be able complete within a day. They wait is killing me, i check my ICES profile almost every other day, believing a miracle will happen
Lol You're on the Evaluator's queue and it will complete the 14 weeks after AOR before it gets completed.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Debsify: 10:31am On Mar 26, 2019
kingkhalil:

I thought I heard ICES are fast?
Yeah! as fast as a snail grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by kingkhalil: 10:31am On Mar 26, 2019
jjohndoe83:

Wawu! I'll continue to wait for IQAS. They take about 100 days to acknowledge receipt and that's when the 15/20 weeks processing time begins to count.

Lol, I think you should do WES too sha, considering they'll grade your LLB and BL as (Two or more certificates). Time is of the essence, and if you have spare funds, do WES too. IQAS's silence is doing my head in, and I doubt i want to keep relying on them
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Debsify: 10:33am On Mar 26, 2019
Daratun:
This long wait from ICES is killing since November. I'm presently thinking of forgetting about them and registering for WES today. For those who have used WES, I read on their website that ICAP is already included in the ECA fee, how true is this pls? Apart from IRCC, I also want them to send my report to the body regulating my profession in Canada. When i tried to select another body for the ECA to be sent to, my professional body was not on the list.Those with experience, how do I go about it pls?
Call them and find out what's wrong. November is too long for them not to have completed your ECA report.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by ladymarshall: 10:43am On Mar 26, 2019
Yeah Europe

akintunde63:

This ur school is either private or not in Nigeria
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by engrkaz(m): 10:56am On Mar 26, 2019
Ifeoma77:

Congrats on your favourable ECA. For the job movement, I think you should state each center then put a hyphen and add the parent company
Okay Boss...Thanks for the response.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Nobody: 10:57am On Mar 26, 2019
ladymarshall:
In addition, search for your company on the CAC website here http://.gov.ng/comsearch/index.php , take a screenshot of your company details (name, reg number, year of establishment etc) and attach. At least the VO would see the company is recognised in Nigeria.

Thank you dear, this is very helpful.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Nnamz(m): 11:06am On Mar 26, 2019
AdetonaDami:

Where are you visiting from ?

From Canada, in June. I'm just wondering why that information is relevant
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Nnamz(m): 11:07am On Mar 26, 2019
Amica26:

Fam, this is a very wrong thread. Search again. You most likely won't find the help you need here.
There is no such thing as a wrong thread. My question was very legit giving the fact it was directed at someone who said their family went to the said university my girlfriend attends.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by jjohndoe83: 11:13am On Mar 26, 2019
kingkhalil:

Lol, I think you should do WES too sha, considering they'll grade your LLB and BL as (Two or more certificates). Time is of the essence, and if you have spare funds, do WES too. IQAS's silence is doing my head in, and I doubt i want to keep relying on them
Well, I'm not in a hurry. My target is to be in the pool by June/July and submit my application by August. Keep me updated on your IELTS. I'm writing on the 6th April. How did you find the writing? Did your lawyering (writing) skills help you?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by chicyclass(f): 11:16am On Mar 26, 2019
Thanks dear
That your marking scheme eeh. embarassed

ladymarshall:
Congratulations!!! grin grin grin
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by jjohndoe83: 11:19am On Mar 26, 2019
Englishmarshall ladymarshall

You got mail.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by kingkhalil: 11:21am On Mar 26, 2019
jjohndoe83:

Well, I'm not in a hurry. My target is to be in the pool by June/July and submit my application by August. Keep me updated on your IELTS. I'm writing on the 6th April. How did you find the writing? Did your lawyering (writing) skills help you?

Best of luck o. The writing wasn't bad... There is a technique you have to follow especially for Writing 2 (Paraphrase the topic in the first paragraph, your thesis statement and all in that same first paragraph. Going ahead to give reasons for agreeing or disagreeing, examples, recommendations, conclusion). Your Lawyering skills won't do much for you... Just familiarize yourself with the IELTS writing technique.

I also aim to be in the pool by May/June, so I can get PPR hopefully by December and sign out January.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by EndInPraisess: 11:21am On Mar 26, 2019
Good afternoon my fellow Canadian hustlers, it will end in praise for us all. I received an ADR to provide pay slips for the period of assessment, unfortunately, i was a able to get just 3 months pay slip from on of my employers and couldn't get at all for my second employment. would writing a LOE suffice for this my situation ?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Adunnee: 11:26am On Mar 26, 2019
EndInPraisess:
Good afternoon my fellow Canadian hustlers, it will end in praise for us all. I received an ADR to provide pay slips for the period of assessment, unfortunately, i was a able to get just 3 months pay slip from on of my employers and couldn't get at all for my second employment. would writing a LOE suffice for this my situation ?

How about bank statement, highlighting the payments made by the said employer, then add LOE.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Utonne: 11:29am On Mar 26, 2019
Vivi844:
Good day everyone.
I'm here again o. Thanks to everyone on the platform who's been helping out. And congrats to the ppr clinchers. May Canada favour y'all. So I'm 7months and 16 days post AOR. Honestly, it's been one helluva wait, but what can we do. After one call and cse , this below is the last response for my cse raised on the 19th. Since then, no update.
Ps: this was raised after a ghost update on my profile on the 8th of March. Today is 25th.
Please any thoughts?

My dear. It's the standard response given. They have a standard template for both CSE's and VO's. Best bet is either call ÇIC or mail Ralph since you are 7 months Post AOR.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by GozyNA: 11:41am On Mar 26, 2019
Nnamz:

There is no such thing as a wrong thread. My question was very legit giving the fact it was directed at someone who said their family went to the said university my girlfriend attends.

Best of luck cool
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by whoknew: 11:46am On Mar 26, 2019
Thank you

ladymarshall:
Read all the information via the chats in the link below and make your decision

https://www.nairaland.com/search/unaccompanying%20spouse/0/0/0

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by blaugrana82(m): 11:54am On Mar 26, 2019
Good morning guys. Pls if a married person wants to apply for Express entry, must the spouse also apply?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Nobody: 11:57am On Mar 26, 2019
ladymarshall:
Ensure your ref letter is in CIC format. The letter should state clearly that you were paid in cash. If your employer agrees, they can issue a cash salary certificate itemising how much you were paid monthly. It should state that it was in cash. Get a CAC screenshot of their details http://.gov.ng/comsearch/index.php. See other advice above before mine on other docs you can attach

Please what if the company is not registered?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Kogigallll: 12:04pm On Mar 26, 2019
kingkhalil:

1. WAEC- 28,000

Except you don't really need to max your education CRS points.

I will suggest that EVERY LAW GRADUATE go for iqas.

Wes will give LLB+BL ; 2 or more certificates while iqas will give ONLY LLB; professional degree/masters(NO need for law school transcripts wahala).

It's slow,but the best if you need additional CRS points

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Nobody: 12:13pm On Mar 26, 2019
Debsify:
Call them and find out what's wrong. November is too long for them not to have completed your ECA report.

I've sent several emails which they always respond to.It took them 11 weeks from November to February to tell me that my transcript wasnt sent from the right email address. Then I contacted my school and it was finally sent from the official email address on 21 February. I contacted ices to know when my ECA would finally be ready, only for them to tell me that it will take another 14 weeks from 21 February. I can't wait. I just paid for wes.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by kingkhalil: 12:20pm On Mar 26, 2019
Kogigallll:

Except you don't really need to max your education CRS points.

I will suggest that EVERY LAW GRADUATE go for iqas.

Wes will give LLB+BL ; 2 or more certificates while iqas will give ONLY LLB; professional degree/masters(NO need for law school transcripts wahala).

It's slow,but the best if you need additional CRS points

I am doing both IQAS and WES. UI sent my transcript to IQAS since February 8. Still no acknowledgement from them, and as I don't want to put all my eggs in one basket, I am using both ECAs. whichever comes first, fine

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by ENGRAGHA2: 12:23pm On Mar 26, 2019
Thank you
Ramj:

You look fine from this side of the world. Read more here ECA

Select Comprehensive Ranking System - under Select Point System

Je m'appelle Ramj
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Debsify: 12:25pm On Mar 26, 2019
Nnamz:

Bruv just do a hotel or serviced apartment. Search for Jumia Travel, look up hotels in the area. I'm sure you'll find something suitable.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Debsify: 12:28pm On Mar 26, 2019
Daratun:

I've sent several emails which they always respond to.It took them 11 weeks from November to February to tell me that my transcript wasnt sent from the right email address. Then I contacted my school and it was finally sent from the official email address on 21 February. I contacted ices to know when my ECA would finally be ready, only for them to tell me that it will take another 14 weeks from 21 February. I can't wait. I just paid for wes.
Oh sad cry that mistake is from your school..

(1) (2) (3) ... (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) (221) ... (503)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.