Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,745 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:50 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 - Travel (302) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 (860339 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (299) (300) (301) (302) (303) (304) (305) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by realone2012: 7:52am On Apr 10, 2019
hayor2014:

Banking experience ?
No, Finance dept in one coy like that.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by yemblaze(f): 7:59am On Apr 10, 2019
Sweet gist...congrats to you Aya bobo newest and Iya Malik cheesy.....Your Le boo is a selfless and good man...and Thanks for being a supportive wifey. May Canada favour you and your family.

[quote author=Xplorezee post=77405593]** clears throat**
Sorry for the delay..... I need to add sauce to the gist ni jare.....

Guys!!!!! It's PPRRRRR!!!!!

Alhamdulillahx3ce, robil al'amin

Am so excited�����. You might be wondering who is this but it's your boy(wasseynewest) pppprrrrrrr......yeeeaaahh

LOOONNNNNGGGGG POST ALERT!!!!!!!!!!!

So i decided am going to be the one to announce our ppr, Yes i just feel like It, so to the main gist.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by nice2: 8:07am On Apr 10, 2019
Lolzzz ...Congrats Mrs. Wassey and thanks for supporting your hubby to coach many of us. Amen.

quote author=Xplorezee post=77405593]** clears throat**
Sorry for the delay..... I need to add sauce to the gist ni jare.....

Guys!!!!! It's PPRRRRR!!!!!

Alhamdulillahx3ce, robil al'amin

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by honeycandy(f): 8:17am On Apr 10, 2019
No o I did not. Is that compulsory? I only sent the attestation.
yemblaze:
Yes they accept...did you send it together with your transcript??

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Troysam2017(f): 8:22am On Apr 10, 2019
Hello House, I went to pick up my TRF at the British Council Office yesterday. I also requested for EOR but the lady who attended to me didn't take my TRF. I was thinking British Council holds on to the test result pending the outcome of the EOR. Please is this the norm?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by raphrulz: 8:28am On Apr 10, 2019
Lol we dey here!

AzariahYaa:

All the Eagles, gather here for a mini selfie! gringrin Weldone fam! grin

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by ENGRAGHA2: 8:29am On Apr 10, 2019
April 27th
joo2018:
Keep practicing with the pencil till you get used to it. When is your exam?

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by raphrulz: 8:36am On Apr 10, 2019
Lmao!! Nice selfie

Topsmamen:

@raphrulz @ItsAnita @Maritee @AzariahYaa

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by JuneFirst: 8:40am On Apr 10, 2019
Bavu11:

Unilorin PG school will not respond to verification until you make payments of 3k to remita and another 2k to PG School account in unilorin microfinance bank.

Thank you so much.
Could you kindly guide me? How do I go about making the payment by remita? Is there a link?

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Mstomie: 8:41am On Apr 10, 2019
Yes that's the norm. TRF is only collected from you if the score changes.

Troysam2017:
Hello House, I went to pick up my TRF at the British Council Office yesterday. I also requested for EOR but the lady who attended to me didn't take my TRF. I was thinking British Council holds on to the test result pending the outcome of the EOR. Please is this the norm?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Crookesmore: 8:44am On Apr 10, 2019
Crookesmore:
Hello house,

Please i need to make a payment of $26 cad to ICES for the delivery of my ECA to a canadian address. I have tried my gtb card and my barclays card, both were not accepted. Can anyone help? I will deposit the naira equivalent to your naija account.

Thanks in advance
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Yekann: 8:51am On Apr 10, 2019
Good morning house

I am new on this platform and would love your help on processing my Canadian PR. Please can i do short courses to increase my CRS. If Yes will it count as two or more degrees or certificate. Your candid advice will be highly appreciated.

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Debsify: 8:51am On Apr 10, 2019
Mstomie:
Yes that's the norm. TRF is only collected from you if the score changes.

That's not the norm o, TRF should be with them during the EOR process. Did you pay for EOR? They might chop the money for nothing.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by mayro: 8:52am On Apr 10, 2019
please someone should answer please
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Laurelgem: 8:56am On Apr 10, 2019
ladymarshall:
Replied you sis

Hello dear, I didn't get it, pls. Pls can I get a reply sent to laurel_gem@yahoo.com. Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by raphrulz: 9:01am On Apr 10, 2019
Wow!!

Congratulations ooo... This is good news. We await your PPR script before we mark!

Cheers**

Babs9:
It’s PPR!!!
Silent Reader

AOR: Sept 6, 2018
VO: Ottawa
BIL/MEP: September 28
IP1: Oct 23
IP2: Nov 23
Then silence....mailed Ralph, raised CSEs and called after 6 months mark sad
Ghost update 1: March 15
Ghost update 2: March 22
PPR: April 01

Will be back with the full gist..it was typed on the laptop but batt is down lipsrsealed

Please question guys, is it a must to submit passport with the IMM 008? I submitted passport to VFS without IMM 008 since I’m single and family information didn’t change.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by kingspaco: 9:04am On Apr 10, 2019
mayro:
how do I go about Canada express entry

Page 1 of this thread has all the information you need to process your Express entry application.

Just devote some time to read and digest the page, then come back here and ask any specific questions you may have.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Xplorezee: 9:09am On Apr 10, 2019
JuneFirst:

Congrats to you and yours Sis!

Please, I'd like to find out how long it took for Unilorin to revert to WES on verification of your academic credentials. And do you have a contact there please?

My hubby has a doctorate degree from Unilorin that is currently being evaluated by WES. WES has just accepted the documents and will be sending out verification email shortly.

Thanks

Thank you ma. Concerning unilorin, I think they responded on time as I was following up with the lady through phone calls.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by mayro: 9:11am On Apr 10, 2019
my ielts result is 7.5,5.5,6,7.can it be use for express entry
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by xcaper(m): 9:12am On Apr 10, 2019
Ok i will get in touch
keni777:

Can we work together on this, I'm planning to get my MBA transcript from unilag too next week. Still contemplating WES/ICES.
olabintan_k@yahoo.com
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Xyzee: 9:13am On Apr 10, 2019
My people,

I would be writing my first ever IELTS tomorrow and have been practicing a lot lately, Kindly assist to critique one of my essays below so I could avoid making these mistakes in real exams condition.

below essay is my thought on early and late marriages.

In recent times in Nigeria, there has been an upsurge in the debate about early and late marriages. While a particular school of thought has come out to support the former there have been very tacit backing for the latter by traditional family societies. I believe the merits of an early marriage far outweighs a late marriage.

Besides, stigmatization of late marriages in our society is one hurdle that you would have successfully crossed because we are in a growing African society that despises late marriages and supports the maxim that women generally age faster than the men.
Furthermore, an early marriage supports the idea of early procreation. A family is able to decide on the number of children they want and set out to accomplish this. This would ultimately support the fact that we have to grow with our children thereby making them our friends.

In-as-much as the task of raising children is a daunting responsibility, financial planning is very necessary in both marriage types therefore, I would prefer that the bills of my children are picked up in my entire working life. Using one’s pension and savings to take care of kids is often encouraged by late marriages and I do not support this.

Also, the argument in support of late marriages that it allows ample time for intending couple to plan might be plausible. However, an early marriage would allow intending couples to weather the storms of life together, learning from their pitfalls and brazing themselves up to the top.

Two good heads they say, are better than one and even best if they come together earlier in life

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Yakay: 9:22am On Apr 10, 2019
[quote author=Shiytop post=77319303][/quote]
PGD is accepted in the journey, I just assumed you got your OND and HND from same school, that was why i said evaluate both, as it is easier processing transcript from same school, if you like you can add your PGD as well, it is same report you will get which is equivalent to 2 or more degrees. As per cost implication,unless you are using WES, evaluating all 3 certificates will cost you a lot.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Scandinavian02: 9:25am On Apr 10, 2019
mayro:
my ielts result is 7.5,5.5,6,7.can it be use for express entry

It can be used if you are not the PA to booster your CRS score. However, if you are the PA, you would need at least 8777 (8 being Listenig) to max out.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Topsmamen: 10:01am On Apr 10, 2019
pharore:
I currently work with a company that involves in the redistribution of Alcoholic drinks in Nigeria and I am currently the Territory Sales Manager for a particular State.

Kindly assist me in matching my duties with the appropriate NOC. 

Duties/Responsibilities:

· Oversees and takes charge of the Sales and Operational activities of the territory; by ensuring effective redistribution of all brands of alcoholic drinks, ensuring prompt payment by retail creditors and takes appropriate actions to meet targets. - 1 & 4

· Accomplish territory sales target by recruiting Local Sales Agents to drive sales growth and carry out regular sales performance reviews of the recruits - 2 & 9

· Communicates company policies on job expectation and other processes for effective redistribution through regular training of the Local Sales Agents. - 2 & 9

· Maintaining and continuously increasing retailers base and having good rapport with all retailers. - 5 & 8

. Exercising discretion at all times and maintaining high customer service always. - 8

· Reviewing retailers accounts to ascertain their credit status before any supply. - 4 & 7

· Resolving retailers complains in terms of damaged goods. - 8

· Ensures State regulations as regards alcoholic sales, placement, and displays are adhere to strictly.

· Identify fast selling alcoholic brands in the territory and liaise with the General Manager for supply and ways to foster sales growth in the territory. - 3

. All other duties as assigned by the managing director.

I initially chose NOC 0601- Corporate Sales Manager but had to edit to 0621- Retail and wholesale  trade Manager.

I dont know if NOC 0621 actually suits my JD.

Hi. Yes, 0601 and 0621 fit. But 0621 seems to fit more into your JD. I have looked at your JD and highlighted above (in red) the NOC 0621 duties that seem to correlate.

1. Plan, direct and evaluate the operations of establishments engaged in wholesale and retail sales or of departments in such establishments
2. Manage staff and assign duties
3. Study market research and trends to determine consumer demand, potential sales volumes and effect of competitors' operations on sales
4. Determine merchandise and services to be sold, and implement price and credit policies
5. Source and negotiate with vendors when necessary to procure merchandise for resale
6. Develop and implement marketing strategies
7. Plan budgets, authorize expenditures, and monitor revenues
8. Evaluate and improve customer service and respond to customer requests and issues
9. Address staffing requirements, including the hiring, development and retention of staff

cc: @jennypharb1

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Yakay: 10:11am On Apr 10, 2019
chommi:
Hello All,

Please i applied for my transcript to be sent by UNN via Email to ICES since the 5th February 2019, its well over 21 working days and they have not responded.I have called their lines, sent mails and tried to chat online with them but to avail. I am highly frustrated cos iv seen the praises on here that unn responds swiftly. This is the second occassion im having to deal with the poor response.

Please can someone advise me on what to do. im tired.

That's rather strange,I just helped a friend apply for hers via the portal, same email to be sent to ICES and she got an e-mail yesterday showing her transcript has been sent, exactly one week later.

If you haven't sorted this out yet, you can chat me to give you a contact to assist you.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by iaatmguy(m): 10:15am On Apr 10, 2019
Troysam2017:
that's not normal, she should hold on to your TRF. it's either an oversight or with intention to ......
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Topsmamen: 10:25am On Apr 10, 2019
christokers:

Thank you for taking out time to analyze my JD against the Right NOC. you are truly selfless. Now i am sure i can go with NOC 5123.

I didnt quite understand what u mean by i should use only news editor and lisf all duties. This means no mention of promotion in d reference leter and the application in general. pls can y kindly elaborate better. thanks

Sure, you can mention the promotion in the letter. Since the new position contains the same duties, then you can list those duties once. Something along the lines of "During his/her employment at Bleep Limited, his/her main duties as an Editor consisted of the following:" should do.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Nobody: 10:30am On Apr 10, 2019
Popscicle:
Thank God!
It's PPR...
Family size:4
AOR: 24th August 2018
Med passed: Sept 19
BIL: 26th Sept
Biometrics completed: 28th Sept
IP1& job mail :3rd October
S
I
L
E
N
C
E
IP2: 7th April( yes a Sunday)...I check my account at breakfast,lunch, dinner and bedtime
PPR: 9th April 2019( dated 8th April)
Will be back with detailed gist.
The long wait killed the anticipated euphoria.
Decision to migrate: December 2017. That year was a "not so good year" for us. We hadn't heard about Express entry till we visited a friend after Sunday service 31st December. Her cousin had just migrated through Express entry some weeks before our visit. For the first time, leaving Nigeria became a priority for us.
So we used the whole of January 2018 to do our research and of course we found this thread and joined in part 3.
Our son didn't have a passport and mine was expiring in a few months, so we started the process and got it February.
I must add that we didn't have even half of the proof of funds needed for a family of 3( we we're still 3 then) when we decided to start the process but we resolved to take it a step at a time.

IELTS: registered in February for last week in March and first week in April ( one person had to be at home to take care of the toddler smiley ) we started preparing from the first week in February when we registered. Money must not enter one chance.
We used the resources we found in this thread to prepare. We practiced daily, till we were scoring 38-40 in listening and reading .
Spouse had 9,8,7,8.5
I had 8,9,6.5,7.5 ( this happened during the period everyone was saying IDP doesn't change scores in writing after applying for remark)
I prayed and applied for an EOR for writing only ( seems foolish, pls don't try it. 46k!!) . I got a feedback from IDP 5 days later. My writing was upgraded to 7.
Thank God! IELTS conquered.

ECA: this one held us back. NASU was on strike, so we just had to wait till they were back at work. Immediately the strike was called off on Friday, we were on our way to the uni on Monday ( both called in sick at work.
We both decided to evaluate our degrees. WES for spouse with the hope of getting 2 or more certificate with degree and Diploma with ACCA and mine with NOC 3131 had to be evaluated with pebc.
Spouse was ready in June but ACCA was one semester , so we had wait for mine to be ready to gain more points to be the PA.
So we waited with a lot of back and forth mail to PEBC, evaluation was ready 15th august. Jumped into the pool 18th august, got ITA 22nd august.

Pre-AOR:
Where we were still hustling for POF to be ready, I don't know the kind of excitement that entered us o. hmmmm, people of God, that's how we fell pregnant o, worse than Linda ikeji own sef.
The only thing on my mind was extra 1.5M and we were still struggling with 5.6M.
We kept praying for ECA to show face quickly but last last, we are alright.
So did early medicals in July at 20 weeks pregnancy at Qlife with a protective garment. Proof of funds was completed early August, got bank reference letters mid August as soon as ECA was ready and got PCC form our own inspector moshood.
So prayers started for canny baby but IRCC had other plans.

AOR & post AOR:
We thought the earlier you submit, the better chances of having PPR and that period, people were getting PPR in 2-3 months. So we relaxed but kept saving aggressively for family member number four in case IRCC decides to show themselves.
AOR was august 24th, medical passed came without BIL. At this point, we thought our village people had followed us.lol.
I kuku left guest mode on NL and created my profile to ask for help. Thanks to the people that responded, BIL came a week after medical passed. Biometrics was completed two days later.
Received job mail and prayed against LVO immediately we received it.
Then the very long silence started. By 3rd week of November,I gave up the idea/dream of canny baby. Baby came raised CSE for additional family member and got response same day.
We were happy and thought just like someone shared in their PPR story that our PPR was close.
Did passport for baby at 2 weeks and the struggle to do medicals was real. Qlife said the next available date was in March and iom gave us January 16 which was beyond 30 days ircc gave us to submit all documents.
We decided to stick with IOM but went a week before the date they gave us. Daz how devil wanted to use the appointment officer o, she kept saying that wasn't the appointment date she gave us and it wasn't possible. Come and see begging o, eventually she allowed us.
Submitted all documents mid January and baby's profile was added January 27th.
We decided to order gcms notes to be sure all was well with our application. Then we started raising CSE weekly to track application. Most times we got generic responses and sometimes we got case specific responses.(That was how we got to know our application was in Ottawa). When we received our notes late February, we found out that the file wasn't touched since it was moved from CIO Sydney to Ottawa in October 2018( same time we received the job mail).
We kept raising CSE weekly to track our application. Early February we found that eligibility was in progress. Last week February,we found out that eligibility was met but background verification not initiated.
So 2nd week in March ,we found out background verification had started and last Friday we found out eligibility and background verification were in process. At that point we one PPR was close as that must be the final review. So I decided to take a break from looking at our CIC account.
My spouse birthday is around the corner and just asked what kind of gift to present to him. His response was PPR, I sent a silent prayer to God after that. Shortly after, he checked our CIC account and saw updated. Finally, we moved to ip2 on a sunday 7th. We were so happy because based in recent trends, late ip2 means PPR the next day. So throughout Monday, I kept refreshing my mail and checking spam. Nothing. Usually at night, I switch off my phone when I go to bed but I refuse to be told about the PPR grin.
So when I woke up at 3 am to feed the baby, I checked my phone and I saw final request cpco... grin
It has ended in big praise.

85 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by mohioma: 10:33am On Apr 10, 2019
Guys,

Can I scan my statement of results to wes to generate reference number, since am travelling to school next week for the original certificate. Won't it affect anything, since I won't av the statement of result again after obtaining the original certificate

Please I need advice.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by enoeshett(f): 10:37am On Apr 10, 2019
I was denied South African Visa. Should I fill the form as well?

VECOH1:
Yes. If u have been denied visa before then u should fill the form.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Bavu11: 10:38am On Apr 10, 2019
JuneFirst:

Thank you so much.
Could you kindly guide me? How do I go about making the payment by remita? Is there a link?

Thanks
You can make remita payment on the remita website and select unilorin as the biller. I'll advise you do all that in the campus, as you will still have to stamp the payment printout receipt in the bursary unit. The mfb is also in the campus. Then you submit the receipt and the deposit slip at PG school, where it will be stapled with your verification letter. Mine got to WES after a week, though I hurried them to send asap. It's unfortunate that they don't respond to verification through email

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by enoeshett(f): 10:39am On Apr 10, 2019
The policy changed in March 2019. You do not need to submit the original TRF when applying for EOR at BC.
If your scores change then you bring it in for a swap, old for new TRF.
Troysam2017:

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (299) (300) (301) (302) (303) (304) (305) ... (503)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.