Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,599 members, 7,827,259 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:45 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 - Travel (340) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 (865140 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (337) (338) (339) (340) (341) (342) (343) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by TemiGee: 11:15pm On Apr 16, 2019
Congratulations once again boss. I celebrate you

joo2018:
LONG VERSION

BEFORE 2018 - BACKGROUND
I was your average, not-very-passionate, but quietly loyal Nigerian. All I wanted to do was make it here and go for holidays abroad. As my friends were jetting out one by one, I watched with a weird mixture of envy and disdain.

I have a dream that all of our hopes and dreams about Canada will come true.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Topsmamen: 11:24pm On Apr 16, 2019
Teqla:

Thanks Ifeoma77 for the response.....yes there was payment for the period. Please is it possible to help with sample LOE??

Explain this in your words as it's a situation peculiar to you. You can write something along the lines of ....

"I hereby write this letter to support my application for permanent residency.

During my employment as a trainee with Diamond Bank, I was paid a monthly sum of XXXX as salary from July 2012 to January 2013. This is evidenced in my payslips and bank statement I submitted as supporting documents......blah blah"

5 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by joo2018: 11:24pm On Apr 16, 2019
Yeah. All true.

The best laid plans of mice and men....

A man's heart plans his way, but the Lord directs his steps. Prov 16:9.

Ifeoma77:

Wow!!! That was a journey indeed. Funny how things have a way of working out in the end. The MBA turned out useful after all and the Job threat activated the EE ginger. The long ECA timeline allowed for time to rethink and add Madam while the arrival of little Joo triggered the dusting of the file that had been parked since December.
Congratulations again and again Joo, I am so so happy for you and your family. Canada awaits!

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Teqla: 11:27pm On Apr 16, 2019
Thank you so much........God bless you

Thanks again Ifeoma77

Topsmamen:

Explain this in your words as it's a situation peculiar to you. You can write something along the lines of ....

During my employment as a trainee with Diamond Bank, I was paid a monthly sum of XXXX as salary from July 2012 to January 2013. This is evidenced in my payslips and bank statement I submitted as supporting documents......blah blah"

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by deTimo: 11:28pm On Apr 16, 2019
Ifeoma77:

Nurse Francine to the rescue grin
Dosage; four capsules daily, to be taken at nighttime

The capsule looks more like cucumber... grin

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by johnnybravo1990: 11:35pm On Apr 16, 2019
rentAcock:
Quite sad, so many people are excited to flee their motherland to help grow and build up a white man's land. It's just like what my friend used to say, 'immigration is modern day slavery except this time they do not have to forcibly chain able bodied men to slave ships or rape our women, they just make it easier for your youngest and brightest minds to simply emigrate in droves'. Who will build this country if you all leave, have you ever thought of that? You think once you run to Canada you will still have any reason to return home? How about your kids? Do you think by taking them to Nigeria for 3weeks vacation will entice them to one day relocate to their father land? Sure nobody thinks about these things. The biggest problem the black race has is selfishness while the white man thinks about the greater good of a community. Everyone only thinks about what will benefit them and their family and that's where it ends. Even in the so called abroad, your fellow Nigerian will not want to accommodate or guide you because they think you will be better than them. Common info about schools, work or getting certain government documents, your fellow Nigerian in the diaspora will not help you. White countries and white people In general are successful because they collaborate and help each other. U.S, Canada and the UK are amongst the most developed countries today due to strong trade and military alliance. A white employer will hire a fellow white man for a lucrative job position before he hires an immigrant with the same credentials.

No truer words than these. Even after we go to Canada, we need to come back, and contribute our quota to the development of Nigeria and Africa.

Even after I returned from Germany a year ago, I never intended to live outside Nigeria. As tempting as the beautiful city of Munich was, I always cherished my Nigeria and my culture. Also, I believe happiness is a thing of the mind, and happiness can only be gotten by contentment and gratitude for life, and not necessarily by your environment, whether you live in Nigeria or Canada; trust me, I have been through a lot in life, and many things we strive for in life are all vanity.

I have always been pro-African, and I still am. However, let me give you this narration. After some health challenges(the reason I travelled to Germany), I lose my job. And after returning to Nigeria from Germany, it becomes difficult to get another stable job, and I struggle—or let me say, I barely manage—to cope, financially. I do lot of job applications, but a good job seems to be elusive. For many job interviews I attend, I always come out successful in the interview tests or exams, but that is where it ends. Many of my peers get jobs through the usual ‘connection’, but unfortunately for me, I do not have any godfather. As much as I love Nigeria, and in fact Africa and the black race, I cannot continue like this! Luckily for me, I write my IELTS exam, and I pass it in my first attempt, and the Canadian dream starts to unfold. So, what do I do next? I fully commit to the Canadian dream and continue the Canadian PR application process.

I believe many people share the same, or similar story with mine. We are leaving Nigeria not because we hate Nigeria, but because we feel we can achieve a better use of our lives abroad, and life seems to be easier over there. Hopefully, we who who have Nigeria and Africa in our hearts will come back and see how we can improve our fatherland. There will be no greater joy in me than seeing the black race stand equal with other races. I even run a facebook page to that cause. I will definitely do more than a facebook page if I have more resources, in terms of knowledge, exposure(especially internationally), and even finance.

In conclusion, I would say, anyone who fancies the Canadian dream, please give it a try. But please, always have Nigeria in your heart, and truly, we need to uplift our country and our continent. That should be one of our aims of going to Canada. Our purpose should not just be, ourselves and family, but Nigeria and Africa. No matter how bad our country and continent have treated us, we still owe them our contributions for their improvement.

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Teqla: 11:43pm On Apr 16, 2019
Please would also appreciate help with NOC.......my JD matches NOC 1212. Wouldn't mind if you can help look through.

Thanks

Topsmamen:

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by JuneFirst: 11:50pm On Apr 16, 2019
Kmgb1:
Hello everyone,i know ive missed a lot of gists.congratulations to everyone with one good news or the other. Pls who has a sure-fire contact for passport booklet anywhere?the closer to Lagos the beyter though..pls help somebody!Anybody!

PM me.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by ladymarshall: 12:06am On Apr 17, 2019
Others have answered you but let me add my 2cents too. I too like this kin discussion grin

Immigration is not modern day slavery, it is a survival strategy. People have always migrated for better opportunities decades and centuries before us and future generations will continue to migrate. The Irish migrated to the US when their economy were in shambles; the Germans escaped in droves to the US during the second world war, the Chinese, Mexicans, Southern and Eastern Europeans migrated to the US for better economic opportunities during the 19th century. More recently, young and middle aged Greeks migrated to Germany, Belgium and other wealthy countries in Europe when they could not recover from the 2008 economic crisis. Currently, the Romanians, Bulgarians, Syrians, Turks see Germany as their beloved paradise because of the economic shit their home country have become and the oppression Erdogan is giving Turkish journalists and academics. I joined an Italian online group in Canada and you would be surprised how similar their discussions are to our sister thread here, and yes they are also bringing in their own people to Canada. The black Germans run to US and UK after high school due for better jobs and social life. I can go on and on of how people seeking to improve their lot in life through migration to relatively better places.

"Who will build this country if you all leave, have you ever thought of that?" What a question? Those that remain will build it, you for example. Some of those countries mentioned above rebuilt their country, while still benefiting from their diaspora populations. We in the diaspora will support them with our money and diverse knowledge. In case you don't know, remittances from the Nigerian diaspora amount to 25 billion dollars annually and contributes to 6.1% of Nigeria's GDP.

For some of us on this journey, our minds are prepared, we do not expect Canadians to roll out the red carpet and welcome us with trumpets and basket flowers. Who said it will be easy? Is Nigeria easy? Is anywhere easy? We know it will be hard and there will be discrimination but isn't it the same with Naija. Can a Mr Oduduwa buy land in Ahiazu Village, Imo state? Can a Mr Musa just go to Bayelsa to buy one of the oil wells? Or course, Canadians will trust their own people first. But we will hustle there too as it shall be permanent, what the lord has done for us Mind you, the attitude you discussed among Nigerians is not peculiar to them. Even white people envy themselves. I have lived and worked with them. They are just much more subtle and quiet about their negative energy than we are. Following this, I would like to implore all in this journey to widen their horizon beyond Nigerians and Nigeria when they get to Canada. If Nigerians are keeping information from you, seek it elsewhere, ask that Jamaican, Chinese, Indian or American colleague, do not underestimate the opportunities and connection you might get from people of other nationalities or even Canadians. We are not joined with other fellow Nigerians with the umblical cord of Nigeria outside its shores.

I would have responded to your point on relocating home and my kids returning (connecting with) to Nigeria, but I do not want to go philosophical. Lest I cause an intellectual furore with my sagacious ruminations on the concept of home, fluid identity, creolization of culture, roots versus routes, etc. Mind not my hurly-burly grin

Finally, honestly your courage in returning is impressive and good work you are doing. But you have American passport abi. And if anything happens, you can sharply travel for medical checkup and treatment. And maybe your children are studying abroad or even stayed back in America. Na so all our leaders dey do na, medical check fiam, all their family, overseas, even while "serving" their country grin Having travelled wide and seeing first hand the discrimination that comes with having a green card yama yama Ecowas passport, let me too go to Kuvukiland Cannyland and get my navy blue passy, then maybe I will return to beg naija for forgiveness on this grave "betrayal". Up blue!!!

rentAcock:
'immigration is modern day slavery except this time they do not have to forcibly chain able bodied men to slave ships or rape our women, they just make it easier for your youngest and brightest minds to simply emigrate in droves'. Who will build this country if you all leave, have you ever thought of that? I moved back, got a job and started a mentorship and scholarship program where we find youths whose families are unable to pay their elementary and secondary school fees and we partner with local businesses to raise funds for these kids. School isn't for everyone, we also train several kids in IT, carpentry, plumbing, construction and mini importation. Has it been easy? No. .

59 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Nobody: 12:07am On Apr 17, 2019
rentAcock:

The UN needs to look into countries like Canada that take advantage of the dire situation in Nigeria and prowl on our brightest and youngest minds for the sole purpose of developing their country and replacing their aging workforce. Just today, their Prime minister was begging President Buhari to give him 1 million Nigerians. This just sounds like the year 1756 where the white man met with local chiefs and traded silver, mirrors and gun powder for African slaves. While I know most of you have made up your mind to flee your motherland, the least I can urge you to do is to find reputable charities and NGOs in Nigeria and donate to them once in a while. Goodluck.

If you think Trudeau or Canada will specifically beg Naija for its citizens, please wake up from that dream. They've put immigration programs in place, no one is begging anyone to come. But I support you on the whole "abroad"talk. Canada most especially be like scam, we rejoice when we get PPR but trust me, you get here and in two three years you'll start seeing why naija is the place to be (but then, its also the place to not be). My two cents: if you already have things going for you in naija, no need abeg.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by ladymarshall: 12:10am On Apr 17, 2019
This killed me!!! Chai!!! grin grin grin

The beating ehn!!! Don't do our great senior like that grin grin grin

iaatmguy:
when you finally get hold of the VO delaying topsmamen 's ppr

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by ladymarshall: 12:14am On Apr 17, 2019
Gbam!!! End of discussion grin grin grin

@bolded nailed it. C'est fini o

Mamaroon:

Thank you for your post jare! It breaks up the monotony of our EE questions.

Btw: using migration to fill a working population gap from aging is a well established economic theory. No blame game is necessary but if you insist on one...blame the country that makes it tempting for its talented, educated, middle class youth to leave...don't blame the one that's providing opportunities for them.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by ladymarshall: 12:17am On Apr 17, 2019
cheesy cheesy cheesy I'm literally crying grin grin grin

Ifeoma77:

We thank you for your sacrifice and wish you more power as you build the country

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by ladymarshall: 12:29am On Apr 17, 2019
Lmao!!! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed grin grin

deTimo:

The capsule looks more like cucumber... grin
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by ladymarshall: 12:52am On Apr 17, 2019
Congratulations. Your perseverance paid off. Your wife is such a sweetheart.

Thank you for your detailed script. There's so much too learn. You score 9.6/10

All the best to you and your family in Canada

Obi1conte:

When life throws you a curve ball you swing for the fences

Let me start by saying I have been on this thread long enough to see same questions and answers repeated a thousand times over. Please my people, especially those just stumbling on the thread, page one (1) is a gold mine of information, reading and researching yourself cannot be over emphasized. Page 1 and most especially the IRCC webpage should be your trusted source of info as NO TWO applications are same. I
With other VO you wake up to see the golden mail, but with AVO you spend the whole day checking and waiting for the mail to drop. I was at my mechanic when I checked to see the golden mail staring back at me and as I made calls to my wife and then my mum I became a baby again without a care in the world who was watching……it is/was a good feeling….trust me.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by ladymarshall: 1:11am On Apr 17, 2019
Amazing script our able researcher and analyst. Congratulations grin grin

What marking scheme? Oga take 10/10 for your amazing script and bonus 5 marks for your selfless service to the EE nation. But as you cannot score more than the overall marks, I take the 5 marks back and give you a badge of honor instead grin

Wear it with your head held high grin

All the best to you and your family in Cannyland.

joo2018:
LONG VERSION

BEFORE 2018 - BACKGROUND
I was your average, not-very-passionate, but quietly loyal Nigerian. All I wanted to do was make it here and go for holidays abroad. As my friends were jetting out one by one, I watched with a weird mixture of envy and disdain.

Thanks to all of you in the thread for keeping me sane. Answering your questions does me a world of good. It satisfies my need to poke my nose into other people's business, spend hours searching for information online and render (un)solicited advice.Thanks to @Tojued and @Ifeoma77 for the banter. @dumprep, I miss your posts. Thanks to @raphrulz for reaching out and the friendship. A special thanks to the November AOR whatsapp group @ramj, @jholarharde and all you lovely people whose NL monikers I don't know.

I have a dream that all of our hopes and dreams about Canada will come true.

28 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by stonecoldcafe: 1:21am On Apr 17, 2019
bouqounmie

Selzsky

Deniceone

bests

jneo

konti

joo2018 - good choice for adding your family

sweetthangbaby

Obi1conte - beautiful PPR story.
Hmm highway robbery after ITA Hian, they will never succeed in Jesus name. It is well with you and yours. Amen. This reminds me of how I used to do after getting my PPA. I nor gree travel upndan. I nor dey run cross Lekki/Ajah highway again, I use overhead bridge instead. I nor fit shout. LOL Chai, Naija suffer me sha but I always got love for home...

I celebrate our new PPR family members
Congrats to you all. @joo, I rejoice with you and yours.
Thank you for all the work you did and continue to do on this great thread.
Who is waiting to dive into the pool tomorrow, your expectation shall not be cut short...

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by omoluabiade: 1:27am On Apr 17, 2019
Was once denied American visa after wimning a lottery and the agent decided to merge me with another person and presented you as a couple. Our stories didn't gel so obviously the application was turned down. I'm worried this could affect the present application and also, what possible reason can i give for the visa refusal that I won't come across as being unfaithful?
Never thought this will haunt me. Anyone pass through a similar situation?
sad shocked shocked cry cry

On a brighter note, WES sent out my degree for verification before receiving WAEC. Or is it the norm? grin. I just hope the remaining process is fast

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Nobody: 1:28am On Apr 17, 2019
rentAcock:
Quite sad, so many people are excited to flee their motherland to help grow and build up a white man's land. It's just like what my friend used to say, 'immigration is modern day slavery except this time they do not have to forcibly chain able bodied men to slave ships or rape our women, they just make it easier for your youngest and brightest minds to simply emigrate in droves'. Who will build this country if you all leave, have you ever thought of that? You think once you run to Canada you will still have any reason to return home? How about your kids? Do you think by taking them to Nigeria for 3weeks vacation will entice them to one day relocate to their father land? Sure nobody thinks about these things. The biggest problem the black race has is selfishness while the white man thinks about the greater good of a community. Everyone only thinks about what will benefit them and their family and that's where it ends. Even in the so called abroad, your fellow Nigerian will not want to accommodate or guide you because they think you will be better than them. Common info about schools, work or getting certain government documents, your fellow Nigerian in the diaspora will not help you. White countries and white people In general are successful because they collaborate and help each other. U.S, Canada and the UK are amongst the most developed countries today due to strong trade and military alliance. A white employer will hire a fellow white man for a lucrative job position before he hires an immigrant with the same credentials.

Before anyone says I'm ranting because I was denied Visa or whatever PPR thing you guys relish here like a lottery ticket, I also used to think abroad was the be all end all after graduating from university. I also hustled and eventually left Nigeria. I made $265,000 that year working several overtime hours (I have the W-2 and tax return forms to prove it) but I was never really satisfied because this part of me kept feeling like I betrayed my country. It takes a special kind of person to self reflect and then decide to walk away from a lifestyle of adequate security, good health care system, great schools, cheap food and law & order but without any sacrifice, Nigeria will perpetually remain a 3rd world cesspool. I moved back, got a job and started a mentorship and scholarship program where we find youths whose families are unable to pay their elementary and secondary school fees and we partner with local businesses to raise funds for these kids. School isn't for everyone, we also train several kids in IT, carpentry, plumbing, construction and mini importation. Has it been easy? No. Do I sometimes miss the convenience of my 2 bedroom apartment in north Los Angeles? You bet I do. But do I feel accomplished knowing that I'm making a positive change in small ways that will alleviate poverty, possibly reduce crime and put more food on the tables of a few Nigerians? Certainly.

The UN needs to look into countries like Canada that take advantage of the dire situation in Nigeria and prowl on our brightest and youngest minds for the sole purpose of developing their country and replacing their aging workforce. Just today, their Prime minister was begging President Buhari to give him 1 million Nigerians. This just sounds like the year 1756 where the white man met with local chiefs and traded silver, mirrors and gun powder for African slaves. While I know most of you have made up your mind to flee your motherland, the least I can urge you to do is to find reputable charities and NGOs in Nigeria and donate to them once in a while. Goodluck.

It's not like there's no Sense what you're saying, but take one hard long look at the country Nigeria and tell me, are we not slaves already?

Let me tell you a bit of my own story, I graduated in 2014 with an engineering degree, a 2.1 and I had a very good grasp of what I studied in school. I searched and begged for a job in futility for several months, travelled the length and breadth of Nigeria, then I resolved to set up a business, a unique one, but I failed after some 6momths due to obvious reasons.

I was forced to take up a slave job that paid me 35k for 2years plus, for an schooled engineer, no improvement, no satisfaction (I don't know a slavery that could be greater than the absence of labour laws).

I got the opportunity to do a master's and thanked God for rescuing me from that Job, I was depressed to a nadir. I graduated from that master's some 3months ago, with a distinction, a can do attitude and willingness to learn skills even informally as an apprentice, but with absolutely no one to give me a chance, I have attended all sorts of interviews.

Now my only fallside, is that I'm the socially awkward type of person, so I don't easily make connections or friendship, but we don't all have to be socially pleasing do we? Do I have to die in penury because I don't know how to connect or endear myself to people.

I fear that at this point, there is nothing left for me in this country, imagine you didn't leave the country and made some money before coming back, imagine you're stuck with so much potential and a grave fear that you might probably die with them in this country.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by beges: 1:28am On Apr 17, 2019
[/quote]
rentAcock:

Before anyone says I'm ranting because I was denied Visa or whatever PPR thing you guys relish here like a lottery ticket, I also used to think abroad was the be all end all after graduating from university. I also hustled and eventually left Nigeria. I made $265,000 that year working several overtime hours (I have the W-2 and tax return forms to prove it) but I was never really satisfied because this part of me kept feeling like I betrayed my country. It takes a special kind of person to self reflect and then decide to walk away from a lifestyle of adequate security, good health care system, great schools, cheap food and law & order but without any sacrifice, Nigeria will perpetually remain a 3rd world cesspool. I moved back, got a job and started a mentorship and scholarship program where we find youths whose families are unable to pay their elementary and secondary school fees and we partner with local businesses to raise funds for these kids. School isn't for everyone, we also train several kids in IT, carpentry, plumbing, construction and mini importation. Has it been easy? No. Do I sometimes miss the convenience of my 2 bedroom apartment in north Los Angeles? You bet I do. But do I feel accomplished knowing that I'm making a positive change in small ways that will alleviate poverty, possibly reduce crime and put more food on the tables of a few Nigerians? Certainly.

More power to your elbow.the change we seek in this country cannot only come from within.we need internal and external influences,so choose where you want to battle from.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by yemblaze(f): 1:43am On Apr 17, 2019
Le boo s reply when he read this post @ D bolded.
Permit me to quote him "Yes I agree its modern slavery....but am already a slave in my own country and I still dey suffer like this. Work like an elephant and eat like an ant. Upon that no security, health system is bad, educational system (he works in an academic environment) is trash and so on and so forth. I ll rather be a slave where i ll have peace of mind. I don't want to raise my children in a country where one day i fit hear say police arrest my son or was shot while watching ball in a viewing centre with his friends. God forbid."

Me am here prepping seriously for IELTS....Canada here I cometh. Shiiiorrr

[quote author=rentAcock post=77592255]Quite sad, so many people are excited to flee their motherland to help grow and build up a white man's land. It's just like what my friend used to say, 'immigration is modern day slavery except this time they do not have to forcibly chain able bodied men to slave ships or rape our women, they just make it easier for your youngest and brightest minds to simply emigrate in droves'. Who will build this country if you all leave, have you ever thought of that? You think once you run to Canada you will still have any reason to return home?

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by raphrulz: 1:48am On Apr 17, 2019
Congratulations bro!

Go and prosper!

Obi1conte:

When life throws you a curve ball you swing for the fences

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by raphrulz: 2:00am On Apr 17, 2019
A few things i have to say to you sir/ Ma,

1. I would have completely listened to your ramblings if you never had left the shores of the country and had made/ saved all that huge sum of money here in Naija. How would you even have made such savings sef, if not that you got an opportunity to work in a place that truly appreciates your skills and hard work. Maybe you would never have even started the initiative of sponsoring the program you are now.

2. Since the time of my forefathers, migration has always happened. It has never been frowned at. For a country where you have put in all sorts of efforts with little end result, worse still, you are completely exposed to so many ills of the society than you can ever imagine. How do you expect people to put up with all that. I am sure you witnessed the last election and the violence, how much were you able to do? as a so-called patriotic citizen, we did not see you come all out to defend or fight against such. Even the current police brouhaha, you did not lend your voice either (that's if you were not chilling in your well furnished house sipping fruit juice bought with your $265,000)

3. Why peddle information that has been proven to be false. With all your skills and experience, are you not supposed to research and confirm the veracity of information you read on the internet before sharing or referencing it.

Finally, like someone earlier stated, I smell bigotry and pride here. No one asked you to prove that you lived in the western world or made that money. Bro/Sis, live and let live. Do what makes you happy and leave others to do what makes them happy.

Chao!

Signed

A concerned Nigerian Citizen from Diaspora.

rentAcock:

13 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by rentAcock(m): 2:00am On Apr 17, 2019
yemblaze:
Le boo s reply when he read this post @ D bolded.
Permit me to quote him "Yes I agree its modern slavery....but am already a slave in my own country and I still dey suffer like this. Work like an elephant and eat like an ant. Upon that no security, health system is bad, educational system (he works in an academic environment) is trash and so on and so forth. I ll rather be a slave where i ll have peace of mind. I don't want to raise my children in a country where one day i fit hear say police arrest my son or was shot while watching ball in a viewing centre with his friends. God forbid."

Me am here prepping seriously for IELTS....Canada here I cometh. Shiiiorrr

And you think police in the white man's land doesn't randomly shoot and kill innocent blacks?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by yemblaze(f): 2:21am On Apr 17, 2019
Biko help me ask the bros.....I need answers ooo....

Ifeoma77:

We thank you for your sacrifice and wish you more power as you build the country

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by yemblaze(f): 2:25am On Apr 17, 2019
GBAM....End of discussion.
*thumbs up* prof.....You just made my day grin grin

raphrulz:
A few things i have to say to you sir/ Ma,

1. I would have completely listened to your ramblings if you never had left the shores of the country and had made/ saved all that huge sum of money here in Naija. How would you even have made such savings sef, if not that you got an opportunity to work in a place that truly appreciates your skills and hard work. Maybe you would never have even started the initiative of sponsoring the program you are now.

2. Since the time of my forefathers, migration has always happened. It has never been frowned at. For a country where you have put in all sorts of efforts with little end result, worse still, you are completely exposed to so many ills of the society than you can ever imagine. How do you expect people to put up with all that. I am sure you witnessed the last election and the violence, how much were you able to do? as a so-called patriotic citizen, we did not see you come all out to defend or fight against such. Even the current police brouhaha, you did not lend your voice either (that's if you were not chilling in your well furnished house sipping fruit juice bought with your $265,000)

3. Why peddle information that has been proven to be false. With all your skills and experience, are you not supposed to research and confirm the veracity of information you read on the internet before sharing or referencing it.

Finally, like someone earlier stated, I smell bigotry and pride here. No one asked you to prove that you lived in the western world or made that money. Bro/Sis, live and let live. Do what makes you happy and leave others to do what makes them happy.

Chao!

Signed

A concerned Nigerian Citizen from Diaspora.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by yemblaze(f): 2:42am On Apr 17, 2019
True word ooooo.....

Make i say mine too....worked with a well known pharmaceutical company in Nigeria for good four years. Company that has been existing for over 60years oo (some fit know). And all that time they were deducting my pension and tax from my salary (wey no even reach anything and them owe join...M.sc holder ooo) and they never remitted to my PFA...my account is zero balance....pls is that not daylight robbery, and corruption at its peak...someone's sweat and hardwork. My own no too pain me sef. My boss who worked all her life for the company (29 years of active service) resigned and all her entitlements amounted to about 15million but 1kobo she did not receive. Now company has been sold...many have died coz of high blood pressure and hypertension. And we have so called PENCOM, Labour unions...So what other form of slavery would be worse than this.....#smh

kentoski:

It's not like there's no Sense what you're saying, but take one hard long look at the country Nigeria and tell me, are we not slaves already?

Let me tell you a bit of my own story, I graduated in 2014 with an engineering degree, a 2.1 and I had a very good grasp of what I studied in school. I searched and begged for a job in futility for several months, travelled the length and breadth of Nigeria, then I resolved to set up a business, a unique one, but I failed after some 6momths due to obvious reasons.

I was forced to take up a slave job that paid me 35k for 2years plus, for an schooled engineer, no improvement, no satisfaction (I don't know a slavery that could be greater than the absence of labour laws).

I got the opportunity to do a master's and thanked God for rescuing me from that Job, I was depressed to a nadir. I graduated from that master's some 3months ago, with a distinction, a can do attitude and willingness to learn skills even informally as an apprentice, but with absolutely no one to give me a chance, I have attended all sorts of interviews.

Now my only fallside, is that I'm the socially awkward type of person, so I don't easily make connections or friendship, but we don't all have to be socially pleasing do we? Do I have to die in penury because I don't know how to connect or endear myself to people.

I fear that at this point, there is nothing left for me in this country, imagine you didn't leave the country and made some money before coming back, imagine you're stuck with so much potential and a grave fear that you might probably die with them in this country.

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by stonecoldcafe: 2:51am On Apr 17, 2019
rentAcock:
Quite sad, so many people are excited to flee their motherland to help grow and build up a white man's land. It's just like what my friend used to say, 'immigration is modern day slavery except this time they do not have to forcibly chain able bodied men to slave ships or rape our women, they just make it easier for your youngest and brightest minds to simply emigrate in droves'. Who will build this country if you all leave, have you ever thought of that? You think once you run to Canada you will still have any reason to return home? Goodluck.

It is well oh. Thank you for your selflessness but I bet you have your US passport chilling somewhere
You can leave Naija tomorrow at the drop of a hat
I read your post and I began to laugh - I laughed so hard and afterwards a song came to mind
Emi by Vector ''If you nor know my story...''
But bros, I nor sure say you know wetin some people dey go through abi bin dey go through
Well nor be everybody wen don commot bin dey suffer, some leave for the future of their kids
It is well oh

...if you nor know my story oya (singing)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GU5VoSCPjzs

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Canadaforsure(f): 3:07am On Apr 17, 2019
ICES replied me the next day that their evaluation now takes an estimated 14 weeks. However they have completed my evaluation and would be desperate soon. I got UPS mail on Thursday last week that the report inbox the way. Teaching says i will getbitbon Thursday this week.
I decided to chance it with WES for my hubby though they said theirs will take 7 weeks or 35 days after receipt of all documents including WAEC/NECO.
Used @bibididi's help for his WAEC its in process now.

MsJanez01:

How far now? Any luck? Intend starting my husband's own too let me know if i should move base
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by gobby(f): 3:08am On Apr 17, 2019
Ok thanks.
joo2018:
Hi,

It was an advice tailored to the OP's situation. He had reason to delay his application.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by yemblaze(f): 3:10am On Apr 17, 2019
Sup....any news?

AdetonaDami:

April 4 CBT
I think I will look into the WhatsApp thing...will let you know, drop your no or pm me

(1) (2) (3) ... (337) (338) (339) (340) (341) (342) (343) ... (503)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 153
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.