Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,076 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:28 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 - Travel (344) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 (860364 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (341) (342) (343) (344) (345) (346) (347) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by GozyNA: 2:26pm On Apr 17, 2019
Got Prêt pour Visa email from the Ottawa Visa Office at 2:07 am today.

Single Applicant. November 10, 2018 AOR.

All praises be to the most high.

71 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by shyle02(m): 2:31pm On Apr 17, 2019
firpemi:
I enjoyed your Write up but the paragraph below pushed me to comment, did you read the articles? are you also in know that IRCC has denied what you wrote. Are you urging us to support local NGOs while we are in Nigeria or in Canada. At least you have experienced and seen it all abroad (allow us migrate and make our decision too). thank you Rare being. #wemove

The UN needs to look into countries like Canada that take advantage of the dire situation in Nigeria and prowl on our brightest and youngest minds for the sole purpose of developing their country and replacing their aging workforce. Just today, their Prime minister was begging President Buhari to give him 1 million Nigerians. This just sounds like the year 1756 where the white man met with local chiefs and traded silver, mirrors and gun powder for African slaves. While I know most of you have made up your mind to flee your motherland, the least I can urge you to do is to find reputable charities and NGOs in Nigeria and donate to them once in a while. Goodluck.

The PM never begged Buhari for 1million Nigerians.
Can we stop pushing this false story
https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/fact-check-no-trudeau-did-not-ask-nigeria-for-a-million-immigrants-1.4382608

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Mhydhe: 2:33pm On Apr 17, 2019
expectantmomma:
Send me a PM

Good afternoon.
Please assist with the reply for settlement plan.
thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Adunnee: 2:42pm On Apr 17, 2019
GozyNA:

Congratulations!! When should we come for the detailed gist?

Venue? Time?

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Yakay: 2:54pm On Apr 17, 2019
Oluwole3839:
I read a message here sometimes last month, someone offered to help scale WES - WAEC hurdles at a charge. Kindly help tag the person. He/she has a client already.

Thanks.

@adeboye11
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Marula: 3:01pm On Apr 17, 2019
Yakay:

I think this is a good start, do you have just BSc or masters or a diploma, if its just BSc , adding another certificate will be a good step to take.

There is no way you can just rule out your chances even before you start, many programmes come up, for example,this Alberta NOI people are getting now, if those people had stimulated their CRS just like you and saw it was below 440 and then ended up discouraged and didn't make any move , am sure most of them won't have written IELTS and had their ECA ready for this opportunity. They would have missed it just cos they felt they didn't have high points.

So, its better to start and take it one step at a time, unless you dont really think the Canada dream is worth it.

Thank you so much. I have a Masters. Not sure if I can learn French in a short while and write the French test. I've given this a thought and will focus on high IELTS scores and God being kind and Merciful I'll get into Canada via either routes. God can make something happen just to favour one person.

I'll also look out for other options to increase my scores.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by GozyNA: 3:06pm On Apr 17, 2019
Adunnee:

Congratulations!! When should we come for the detailed gist?

Venue? Time?

What if I'm a man of few words? tongue

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by BootyliciousHon: 3:10pm On Apr 17, 2019
Hi guys. I need a little guidance here please.( I havent read the last couple of pages so I do not know if it's been treated).
1. I am an ITA hopeful in today's draw.
2. My passport expires in September but I already did a renewal. Unfortunately there are no booklets so I am yet to collect it. I am hopeful that it would be ready by month end though.
3. I was trying to book for medicals but my passport number was requested. Hence I put that on hold.
4. I believe my EE profile contains my current passport number( cant remember but I want to think we had to fill it in while opening a profile)

What would you advice I do?
1. Go ahead to book medicals with the current passport which expires in Sept? If yes, wouldn't I need to change my passport as some before PPR? Wouldn't that drag my application timeline?

2. Wait for the new passport then do my medicals? If yes, the the passport number wont tally with what is in my EE profile. Can I just open my profile and change it ?( am always very wary of going near my profile so I dont mistakenly change anything).

Please I would appreciate clarity on this.

Thanks in advance.

P.s. I got the Alberta nomination smiley

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Adunnee: 3:11pm On Apr 17, 2019
GozyNA:

You berra hire Ladymarshall to help you, or Joo2018

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Topsmamen: 3:13pm On Apr 17, 2019
GozyNA:

Nice! Congrats, man of few words.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Adunnee: 3:15pm On Apr 17, 2019
BootyliciousHon:
Hi guys. I need a little guidance here please.( I havent read the last couple of pages so I do not know if it's been treated).
2. My passport expires in September but I already did a renewal. Unfortunately there are no booklets so I am yet to collect it. I am hopeful that it would be ready by month end though.
3. I was trying to book for medicals but my passport number was requested. Hence I put that on hold.
4. I believe my EE profile contains my current passport number( cant remember but I want to think we had to fill it in while opening a profile)

1. Go ahead to book medicals with the current passport which expires in Sept? If yes, wouldn't I need to change my passport as some before PPR? Wouldn't that drag my application timeline?

2. Wait for the new passport then do my medicals? If yes, the the passport number wont tally with what is in my EE profile. Can I just open my profile and change it ?( am always very wary of going near my profile so I dont mistakenly change anything).

Thanks in advance.

Current passport is still valid for use. Go ahead and use it for medicals.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Ifeoma77(f): 3:27pm On Apr 17, 2019
GozyNA:

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We await the full gist
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Ifeoma77(f): 3:29pm On Apr 17, 2019
Edmontonlad:
I feel like I have gotten PPR already and I never even write my test. Please allow me to celebrate about our little achievement.

So last two weeks Sunday, I and wify left for Lagos to start weac processing and her transcript. We met one elderly woman opposite the weac gate and we paid the fees she told us even though she was acting so unconcerned and hurry-up-and-pay-kinda-attitude. We spent about 28k or so because wify used GCE. We Sha left and concluded all the weac issues. We were told it will take 3 weeks for weac to process it. We proceeded to her school which was close. We met a nice and God sent woman in the transcript department of YABATECH and she helped us. She told us it will take 3 weeks to prepare the transcript before wify did different programs in ND and HND. I tipped her though. Na she dey call for updates about my wify's certificate and transcript. grin

Now you are wondering why I wrote this even though I have not written my ielts exam Abi?
I read a post here about the delay we might experience due to the upcoming WEAC exam and it could delay the process. I was tired and had to make sure we finish our part and live the rest to God. We did a calculation that by end of June we will get ITA. We prayed to God to touch waec and YABATECH to send the documents on time.

Guess what? We received our waec tracking number last night and got the YABATECH tracking number this morning as we used UPS. We paid N13,500.

So, we hope that if it gets to WES by this weekend, we start counting 35 working days from next week. Our June target is still on track.
Our test is next month and God's willing, we are going to WRITE IT ONCE. YES, ONCE!!! BELIEVE, WORK HARD AND GOD WILL DO THE REST.

Since I found out about Express Entry, This thread has become my second bae and ielts materials my third bae. Wify is the PA inbtw. I sleep and dream of life in Canada. We are newly married and we have decided to chill with baby making till we get to Canada. I am one of those that has made inquiries about accommodation. No day we don't discuss about life in Canada.

Point is, which ever level you are, celebrate it. It's not easy. I believe in the end, we will all be alright.

Start your process if you have not.
Get all the necessary documents ready.

@IFEOMA77 has been of great help. We appreciate you. Our ielts Prof Wasiu, we appreciate you too. To all IELTS AND ECA CLINCHERS, good news will be your portion, to ALL OUR PPR CLINCHERS, GOD HAS DONE IT. Now go and prosper in your new land. Don't listen to any negative vibes.
Thanks to everyone who has answered any of my silly questions. Daalunu!
I am so happy for you.
However, your 35 days start counting from the day verification is received. So try and follow it up in Yabatech.
Congrats again
We move!!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by iaatmguy(m): 3:32pm On Apr 17, 2019
GozyNA:

for the sake of others, be a man of plenty words. it would be appreciated

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by GozyNA: 3:37pm On Apr 17, 2019
Ifeoma77:

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We await the full gist

No scantily clad shekere shakers to even motivate me cry

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by GozyNA: 3:38pm On Apr 17, 2019
iaatmguy:
for the sake of others, be a man of plenty words. it would be appreciated

grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by GozyNA: 3:38pm On Apr 17, 2019
Topsmamen:

Nice! Congrats, man of few words.

Thank you senior man.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Yakay: 3:39pm On Apr 17, 2019
Yakay:
Please anyone with contact for transcript processing for FUTA..please help a sister.. Thanks

Please who can assist with this, help please
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by joo2018: 3:39pm On Apr 17, 2019
September is far na.

1. Use your current passport for medicals.

2. When you change your passport, which should be after your eAPR, raise a CSE for a change of passport.

BootyliciousHon:

Thanks in advance.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by expectantmomma(f): 3:40pm On Apr 17, 2019
Ve sent it.
Mhydhe:

Good afternoon.
Please assist with the reply for settlement plan.
thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Marula: 3:53pm On Apr 17, 2019
BootyliciousHon:

Thanks in advance.

Congrats on your journey so far. What's the process for getting Provincial Nomination like the Alberta you got? Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Debsify: 3:53pm On Apr 17, 2019
GozyNA:

Congrats
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by GozyNA: 3:54pm On Apr 17, 2019
Debsify:
Congrats

Thank you!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Marula: 3:55pm On Apr 17, 2019
Jennypharb1:

You can get another degree/certificate, write the French exams to increase your score or you can try the PNP route. Don't start with a defeatist mindset, because the obstacles wey dey road plenty.
Thanks. I've reset my mind and brain. Positivity all the way. Please how do I go about the Provincial Nomination route I guess that's what PNP means? Not sure if I can learn French in a short period to make good scores for the test. Am also planning against birthdate catching me and removing 5points that I don't have to spare. grin
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Marula: 3:58pm On Apr 17, 2019
captainhoo:

Try simulate your scores with max Ielts and look at your chances with Provincial nominations . Then choose the most option with highest likelihood.
Thanks. I've done more simulations. Its better to try than not to try at all and wonder what if you did. I've decided to be positive and give it my all. What's the way forward for provincial nominations. Kindly guide or point me in the right direction.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by captainhoo: 4:02pm On Apr 17, 2019
Marula:

Thanks. I've done more simulations. Its better to try than not to try at all and wonder what if you did. I've decided to be positive and give it my all. What's the way forward for provincial nominations. Kindly guide or point me in the right direction.

I Don't know much about the variois PNP scheme but There is a link for the PNP thread on page 1.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Marula: 4:03pm On Apr 17, 2019
Please what's used to prove relationship to someone living in Canada? That's for the acceptable relative listed on CIC website (Parents, Siblings etc). I want to explore this option for 15points but need to know what will be required as proof.

I got one of the defined relatives there but na part of the Obiakpo people that cross bridge and will always discourage others from crossing. Make I begin now wet ground on how to get the proof if necessary.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Marula: 4:04pm On Apr 17, 2019
captainhoo:

I Don't know much about the variois PNP scheme but There is a link for the PNP thread on page 1.
Thanks for the reference. Will go check it.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Marula: 4:09pm On Apr 17, 2019
Make una no vex say my questions too much. Please anyone know the cost of transcripts from these schools to WES?

UNIZIK - Nnamdi Azikiwe University (1st Degree)
Unilag - University of Lagos (Masters)
NECO - National Examinations Council
WAEC - West African Examination Council
CIPM - Chartered Institute of Personnel Mgt. of Nig.

Abeg any gain in evaluating NECO and WAEC, both have good greats no combination required.

Between NECO and WAEC which one is better (Faster / Cheaper)? I can use either.

Thanks for answering.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by FirstTImeUser: 4:10pm On Apr 17, 2019
joo2018:
Abridged Version

Decision to immigrate: January 2018
IELTS: L8 R9 S7.5 W7

ITA: Oct 29, 2018 (sent Oct 31, seen Nov 1)
AOR: Nov 1, 2018
1st IP2: Nov 1, 2018
1st CSE: (additional information): Nov 13, 2018
MEP/BIL: Nov 30, 2018
1st Ghost email (UCI no): Dec 1, 2018
Biometrics completed: Dec 7, 2018

IP1: December 14, 2018
2nd CSE (for VO): December 22, 2018
3rd CSE (for status): February 4, 2019
GCMS notes (ordered via getgcms.com): February 4, 2019.

4th CSE (to add newborn): March 19, 2019
CSE replied, redirected to mail Ottawa directly: March 21, 2019
Mail to Ottawa on newborn: March 21, 2019
ADR (newborn documents): March 22, 2019
ADR replied (documents uploaded): March 23, 2019
ADR received (N/A): March 25, 2019
2nd Ghost email (UCI no for newborn): March 26, 2019
MEP for newborn: March 27, 2019

GCMS notes received: April 13, 2019 (took 69 days)
2nd IP2: April 14, 2019 (Sunday morning)
PPR: April 16, 2019 (dated April 15)

AOR to PPR: 5 months and 16 days or 167 days

VO: CPC-Ottawa
Family of 5

Full gist later in the day.

Congratulations joo.so happy for you.I mean real happy for you.congratulations

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by AdetonaDami(m): 4:12pm On Apr 17, 2019
ladymarshall:
grin grin replied. Check

I have replied ma, Please check. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by GozyNA: 4:12pm On Apr 17, 2019
Long PPR Gist Alert!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Timeline

Decision to travel: Second half of 2017 (but still was not 100% decided)

Final decision to travel: May 2018

IELTS: April 21, 2018

WES: August 24, 2018

ITA: October 15, 2018

AOR: November 10, 2018

MEP/BIL: December 11, 2018

Biometrics: December 12, 2018

ADR: February 27, 2019 (submitted same day)

Ghost Update: April 16, 2019 (Additional documents moved from “We are reviewing…” to “Not Applicable”)

PPR: 2:07am of April 17, 2019 (dated April 16, 2019)

Main Gist
I have always been the “whether Nigeria likes it or not I must prosper here” kind of person. I had never seen myself living outside the country. My own plan was just to make money and go for vacations. That was how I sat here with a postgraduate degree, working like an elephant and eating like an ant. Chai, I suffered in Lagos, what!!!
Sometime in 2014, a friend who lives in Canada started talking to me about moving over. She painted a great picture so I checked out the occupation list and mine was not there so with that excuse I was able to make her stop disturbing my life.
In May 2017, a dear friend and sister called to tell me she was making the move to Canada with her young family. She told me things I already knew, about how tough things are and how the future looks bleak here. She asked me to join her on the journey so we can leave together as she was getting set for IELTS then but I was not so convinced. Not long after, a close friend started talking about moving too, in fact at that time he had started his PEBC evaluation. That was when I started thinking about it passively and then all of a sudden it seemed like everyone I knew was either in the process or knew people in the process of leaving to Canada. Towards the end of 2017 I decided to give it a shot but because of the NASUU strike I could not get my transcripts so I waited. Early 2018, I decided to do IELTS first since I had been seeing people take it over and over. I made a silent bargain with God that I would sit for it just once and if I flunked it then my destiny was not to go to Canada. I also decided I would not start ECA until I saw the IELTS result to know whether my destiny was in Canada or not.

IELTS: Registered a month ahead because the cost for next available dates after April 21 would be 75k and I was on a very tight budget so I jumped on the 68k date. I practiced with the Barron practice book and some videos I got off youtube. I kept getting 35 and above in the listening practices I took. I practiced for reading using the Barron practice book also. For speaking, I did not practice as I was told it would just be a conversation I just needed to speak with confidence. For writing, I only practiced the night before I wrote the exam. I am quite imaginative so I knew I could always come up with stuff to write down. Results came out 5th May, LRSW: 9, 9, 7, 7.5.

ECA: Having sorted out IELTS, I quickly paid for my ECA with WES. This was before the WAEC brouhaha. My cousin in NAU helped me process my transcript. That process should not have taken more than a day because I had processed it years before. Guess what? NAU said they did not have records of my former transcript so they needed to type afresh and there was just one lady in exams and records who types transcripts. Long story short, transcript came out, was sent to me in Lagos and I sent via courier to WES along with a copies of my degree certificate. In fact I also helped a friend send his spouse’s certificate along with my documents. I just made sure hers was in a separate envelope with her ECA number boldly written on it then put that and my own well labeled documents into a bigger envelope before sending. Doing that saved us 18k. Was processing transcript form CMUL at the same time and they got to WES some days apart. WES notified me after some time that verification requests had been sent to my schools. NAU surprised me as they verified as soon as they got it without asking for any payment. CMUL however kept saying they had not received the request. I was later to discover that correspondence from WES to CMUL goes to Unilag, Akoka first and sits there till they have a sizable number of mails to move to CMUL before they dispatch. My verification request must have sat there for over two weeks before I finally got a call from CMUL that it had come and I had to pay 3k for the verification. I paid and we got that sorted. WES told me exactly when to expect my final report and on that very day in August 2018, I got the soft copy while the hardcopy came a while later.

ITA: Created my profile after my ECA was ready in August but I was not quite ready to get into the pool because POF was not yet complete. On Sunday 14th October 2018, I do not know exactly what it was but something pushed me to sit with my computer and complete my profile. Next day I was minding my business at work when a friend who had also been in the pool called to say congratulations. I asked him what the occasion was and he said it's ITA. I quickly went online and discovered for myself that a surprise draw held that Monday and I was going to get ITA as my score was well above the cut off. Long story short, I left the job by the end of that month so I took submitting my application more seriously as I was unwilling to look for another job and I also believed my processing would be fast so I can just get out of here fast.

Medicals: A friend told me he walked into the Children’s Practice about two months before I was ready and was able to get his medicals done without an appointment. Na so I carry myself go there. At the gate they told me they no longer attend to applicants for Canada. I immediately called Q-life and they told me that the earliest I could get was sometime in January (this was first week in November). I called IOM, when they finally picked up I was able to go through the process of getting an appointment for 9:30am the next day. I walked into IOM the next day at about 9:15am thinking since I had an appointment for 9:30am all would be smooth. Long story short, I left IOM at about 6:30pm in the evening.

POF: I have money market fund accounts with Cordros Asset Management and FBN Quest. I submitted letters from them along with account statements. The Cordros account was about four months old and there was a bulk deposit (about 70% of the POF) in it about one month prior to printing (I did not explain this). In addition, I got a letter from Stanbic IBTC along with account statement. The purpose of this was to show salary deposits of my most recent job and to also add a little buffer as I had a cash balance in the account of about 300k.

PCC: A friend gave me a contact at Alagbon. I walked in there at some minutes to 4 and by 4:30pm I walked out with my PCC after parting with 5k.

Proof of Employment: I was able to get a reference letter in IRCC format from my former place of work where I put in 3years. It was prepared on the company’s letterhead paper and signed by the general manager and I also attached his call card. This company does not have an online presence so no website or official email addresses. The unique thing about my case was that I was not on a salary rather I was paid commissions for businesses I initiated and completed (aside a weekly stipend for transport). As there were no paystubs, to prove I was getting paid by the company, I got my account statement and highlighted transfers made to my account covering the last 8 months that I was with them. I also added the offer letter from my most recent employer along with paystubs, account statement highlighting pay and contact details for the head of the Nigerian office.

Biometrics: I had always seen on this forum that Biometrics does not take over an hour. On the day I went for mine, village people struck. Network was down at VFS and it took me 5hours to get mine done

The Wait: Let me just say that in my entire life, I have not wanted anything more than I wanted to get this Canadian PR. The suffer I suffered in this Lagos was just too much so every time I felt like getting discouraged, I remembered the goal of all this and stayed in line. After AOR, I checked my profile daily (I was on IP2 from AOR). Somehow I kept hoping my application would be one of those superfast ones. Well with time I was checking once a week and then once in two weeks. Early January I raised a CSE to find out my visa office. Got a generic reply from Agent Mathew without an answer to my enquiry. I was active on the November AOR group and it was excitement and anticipation galore when we had a couple of PPRs in January but being a single applicant I just accepted that the families were mostly going to go first so I decided I would only start panicking if I do not get PPR by May 10 (day I clock 6months).
Raised another CSE 2 weeks after the first to enquire again about visa office, eligibility and background checks. This time I got a reply to say my application was being processed in Ottawa and that eligibility was on.
Passport was to expire July 2019 so on the 25th of January I rushed to Abeokuta and renewed. Decided not to update via CSE but to wait till whenever they ask so I can know for sure that my file is being handled.
On the day Tojued shared her PPR story (Feb 27), I remember reading in it that she had typed it since November 2018. Now, even though I had always wanted to type my story ahead, there was zero ginger since I was not seeing any movement in my account but after reading that part of her story I made a mental note to start typing that day. Got back that evening, checked my account for the first time in a while and there was nothing. I put on my laptop to start typing and I had barely finished the first line when I looked at my phone and noticed there was a mail from ‘do not reply’ wow!!! It was an ADR for new passport. I quickly scanned with my phone and uploaded via the new placeholder. Checked my account the next day February 28 and the message still read “we need additional documents….” I left the matter and faced other things. At noon on the 1st of March, I decided to check again and I saw that the message had changed to “we are reviewing the additional document….”
On the 20th of March I called CIC. The call lasted 32minutes but I got to know that I had recommended pass for eligibility and that background checks were on. The agent told me everything looks good and that my application should be wrapped up before I hit the 6 month date. Exactly two weeks after the first call (3rd April), I called CIC again. The agent noted that nothing much had changed since my last call. She repeated to me that eligibility was recommended passed, criminality passed and that other background checks had not started. She assured me that that everything was looking good and that she sees no reason why my application would not be completed before the 6 month mark.
On the 16th of April, I checked my account and noticed it had been updated. Additional Documents was now reading "Not Applicable", I smiled and knew deep down the visa officer had finally looked through my file for a final review. That was when I put finishing touches to this story and started making mental plans to go to VFS the next day (today). Turned off my phone and tried to sleep off at past 1am but could not. Turned on my phone at exactly 2:01am and 6 minutes later I saw the beautiful mail drop (actually dropped twice sef).

Passport Transmission: Even though it took me almost three hours to go from Surulere to Lekki this morning (no thanks to the trucks on Western Avenue/Eko bridge), I simply followed the steps joo2018 laid out yesterday and I was out of VFS in an hour.

Conclusion: No two applications are the same. Make your application as detailed as you can bearing in mind the peculiarity of your case. Knowing what I know now, I would package my application differently if I were to do it over as there were a number of things I felt I did not really do right. However, rather than have sleepless nights and raise unnecessary CSEs, I handed it all to God and he came through for me.

Benediction: My prayer for everyone reading this is that no matter what stage you are in on this journey, the eternal one would do for you what he has done for me at the perfect time. God bless us all. Ire akari o. We shall all meet in our new home, Canada.

102 Likes 7 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (341) (342) (343) (344) (345) (346) (347) ... (503)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.