Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,093 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:10 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 - Travel (44) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 (860385 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Jennypharb1: 10:29am On Feb 24, 2019
Yuyukoko:
NL fam, I'm not feeling well at all. Waiting is so exasperating. Been so long. I'm just tired, everything feels like it's on hold. I'm just ranting. I just want my PPR for me and hubby. And to discover our file is in Accra I feel so heavy especially tonight... Phew.

Don't be discouraged dear, in the past few days we have seen PPR stories from Accra in record time. Yours will come, sooner than later.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Canadaissure: 10:38am On Feb 24, 2019
congrats to all those who got PPR
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Geetaybeks: 10:44am On Feb 24, 2019
GloShare:

The first one was unsuccessful, it took 2 months before it was completed. I'm very much discouraged from asking for another remark and possibly waiting for another 2 monthsh.

Apply for remark in writing and speaking
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Nuges11(m): 10:49am On Feb 24, 2019
GloShare:
Hello guys,

I'm still stuck with IELTS writing. It feels worse because I actually write for a living.

I have decided to unlearn everything I know, and re-learn from scratch. I need people to help me look through my essays. Please.

I've registered for the third time with MOD for the March 2nd Test.

Earlier tests had me at 6.5 for writing, with reading, listening and speaking standing at 8, 8.5 and 8 respectively.

Don't be discouraged. If you haven't, search for Jay IELTS on YouTube, he has some very useful and easy to understand tips on writing. All the best
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Doctorfitz: 11:00am On Feb 24, 2019
joo2018:
I don't think it is a cause for alarm.r The notarized reference letter + ID card provides a point of contact.

And since it is Medicine evaluated by MCC, there should be no issue about whether he can practice or not. What he needs is proof that he worked in that NOC and was paid.

Pls should he state in his LOE that he was declined the letter head?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Utonne: 11:09am On Feb 24, 2019
Yuyukoko:
NL fam, I'm not feeling well at all. Waiting is so exasperating. Been so long. I'm just tired, everything feels like it's on hold. I'm just ranting. I just want my PPR for me and hubby. And to discover our file is in Accra I feel so heavy especially tonight... Phew.

Dont be discouraged. There are tons of people on here that have just shared their ppr journeys and Accra was their vo. Im 6 months Post AOR ottawa yet no ppr. There’s really no pattern to it so cheer up, do you & make yourself happy.

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Nobody: 11:15am On Feb 24, 2019
Congratulations! Thank you for being a model of standing on the promises of the Word! That's a sure way to go while waiting for the physical arrival of your desires! Enjoy the good of Canadaland!

[Aquote author=tolulopearl post=76048689]Kinda Long Post Alert from a silent reader

DECISION TO MIGRATE: All my life.

IELTS: May 2017- one attempt with British council.
ECA: April/June 2018 with WES

Entered Pool: July 17, 2018. CRS: 444.

ITA: July 25th, 2018

MEDICALS-August 31st at The Children's Practice, Ikoyi.

[/quote]

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by beeodun: 12:06pm On Feb 24, 2019
GloShare:
Hello guys,

I'm still stuck with IELTS writing. It feels worse because I actually write for a living.

I have decided to unlearn everything I know, and re-learn from scratch. I need people to help me look through my essays. Please.

I've registered for the third time with MOD for the March 2nd Test.

Earlier tests had me at 6.5 for writing, with reading, listening and speaking standing at 8, 8.5 and 8 respectively.

Don’t be discouraged please. That you write for a living got me. We could go through your works together should you decide to follow through with re-writing (Or Remark if you’re quite sure/positive about it) It’s definitely just a little tip holding you down at that 6.5. Let’s talk if you don’t mind.

P.S: I had just 8 in writing twice o(not 9).

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by AdetonaDami(m): 12:19pm On Feb 24, 2019
That's how this agent told me to bring 800k for processing EE.
You too said Ahh!! abi?
Thank God I can read and write.
Thank God I'm a member on this thread, if not.
Thank God I'm full of knowledge concerning this journey but still reaching out for more cos we can't know it all.
Success story to everyone Amen!!
God bless us

18 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by beeodun: 12:35pm On Feb 24, 2019
WhiteUlquiorra:
Hello nairalanders,
I decided to emigrate January 2018 and since then I have been a silent voracious reader of all Canada immigration threads. I'm not exaggerating when I say I probably would not have PPR today without the valuable information obtained here. Now that  the journey is at its end, I feel the need to share my story. Perhaps it would help someone out there. My application is a bit peculiar because my wife got pregnant with our second child sometime in May 2018, so we applied as a family of three with the hope that we would be in Canada by the time the baby is born. As God would have it, progress was slow, baby was born and PPR came a few days later. Instead of sending our passports, we notified IRCC of the change in family composition, provided POF for a family of four and other documents and a second PPR was issued. See timeline below:

WES completed - 03 Sep 2018
IELTS - 04 Sep 2018 (upon EOR of 3rd attempt)
ITA - 05 Sep 2018
AOR - 11 Oct 2018
Biometrics request - 08 Nov 2018
Biometrics completed 13 Nov 2018
First PPR - 28 Jan 2019
CSE to CIC & OVO - 29 Jan 2019
Request Letter - 31 Jan 2019
Submission of ADR to include new born - 15 Feb 2019
Second PPR - 19 Feb 2019

The lesson here is to not loose hope. Things did not move along as smoothly as described in the timeline especially with the WES and IELTS but that's a story for another day. Commit it to God, do your research, perservere and you'll be fine.

Congratulations! The Lord really has done a good thing!!! Cheers to our new CannyBaby!

Congratulations to all recent PPR recipients. May our new country favour you!

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by joo2018: 12:39pm On Feb 24, 2019
He can state the reason na, that he couldn't get the official letter from the company.

I'm not even sure everybody who used notarized reference letter added an LOE. Try to put yourself in the case officer's shoes. If you feel something can bring an issue, address it.

Doctorfitz:

Pls should he state in his LOE that he was declined the letter head?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by GloShare(m): 12:47pm On Feb 24, 2019
beeodun:

Don’t be discouraged please. That you write for a living got me. We could go through your works together should you decide to follow through with re-writing (Or Remark if you’re quite sure/positive about it) It’s definitely just a little tip holding you down at that 6.5. Let’s talk if you don’t mind.

Thanks. I've just sent you a message.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by joo2018: 12:51pm On Feb 24, 2019
@Gloshare, you need to do a lot of writing practice before the next exam.

@Yuyukoko, have hope, Accra is on fire.

Congrats on your PPR @tolulopearl, @WhiteUlquiorra. Go and excel.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by kemkem30(f): 1:09pm On Feb 24, 2019
Kemzyebony:
It’s PPR / COPR ☺️����

Our 2 years Immigration story ( Long post Alert)

Ielts - Nov 11, 2017
Wes started - October 6, 2017
Wes completed - March 6, 2018
Entered pool - March 24
ITA - May 23, 2018
AOR - July 1st, 2018
Medicals Passed & IP1 - July 17,2018
Ordered 1st Gcms notes - September 8th, never came till November 23rd
Informed CIC of marriage- September 11th,2018
Sent a reminder - September 20th, 2018
ADR request - September 20th, 2018, some-hours after sending reminder
Submitted ADR - September 29th,2018
Sent reminder - October 5th,2018
Spouse UCI updated - October 11th, 2018
Sent mail to Ralph - October 23rd, 2018
IP2 - October 26th, that’s when I saw it
File transferred from Ottawa to Accra - October 26th, according to 2nd gcms notes
Interview request - Jan 14,2019
Interview date - Jan 28, 2019
PPR - Jan 29,2019
Passport Submission - Jan 30,2019
Application Approved on cic account - Feb 15,2019
COPR - pickup - Feb 19, 2019

Alhamdulillah robbil alamin, the gist was really sweet to read. Happy for you and 'baby' grin

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by joo2018: 1:11pm On Feb 24, 2019
I read it with interest.

On IRCC process, we are all blind leading the blind.

But I find it interesting that the Indians who were saying IP1 and IP2 does not matter again when the background check updates scrambled for us last year are now trying to find an explanation now they are under the biometrics regime.

Topsmamen:
This should be helpful to post-AOR folks.....

IRCC has introduced a number of changes in recent months and it is time to update our understanding of the post-AOR stages. This is simply built on the amazing work of an individual who developed an explanation of the various stages we can use - informally - to track the progress of our application. Other expert individuals have posited the underlying trends and found evidence for them. In short, the traditional transition from IP1 to IP2 to ghost update to PPR still holds but in a modified way due to these changes.

Source: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/application-stages-what-they-mean-mep-ip1-ip2-ghost-update-version-2019.612656/

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by joo2018: 1:16pm On Feb 24, 2019
Is it paper-based? Because I think under PNP Express Entry you will submit an upfront medical (not too sure).

Opymistic:
@Joo 2018,

What I applied for was PNP and have gotten my nomination, AOR and Biometrics done as well. So what am waiting for is Medical request which could take a while like I heard but if I could turn it in without them requesting that it would be faster.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by beeodun: 1:20pm On Feb 24, 2019
GloShare:

Thanks. I've just sent you a message.

Replied
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by RUBYRUBY(f): 1:38pm On Feb 24, 2019
I'm about filling form for WES, do i need to fill waec or just fill the relevant degrees i want to be evaluated. Do they ask for original certificate as i don't have. And I'm outta town.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Sultanlek: 1:42pm On Feb 24, 2019
Sultanlek:

ebixxx:
Hello TheRayem!
I also wrote on the 9th of February and am considering requesting for remarking. I scored: L 8.5/ S 7.5/ R 8/ W 7, but my CRS is still 439 (need 7.5 in writing to move up to 442 and continue prayers and waiting).
Can I still get my IELTS TRF number on Monday and use to enter the pool in the meantime, while awaiting the outcome of remarking? OR is there a rule against that?
If miraculously the CRS cut-off score for ITA drops to 439 and my IELTS remarking score changes, will that be taken as misrepresentation?
Please Gurus advice...
Thanks!
In my opinion, you should enter the pool with the result you have, if the cutoff drops and you get ITA continue with the application provided your ielts score didn’t change after remark. But if it changes you will decline the ITA and go back into the pool with a better crs. It’s a win win
My opinion tho
In my opinion, you should enter the pool with the result you have, if the cutoff drops and you get ITA continue with the application provided your ielts score didn’t change after remark. But if it changes you will decline the ITA and go back into the pool with a better crs. It’s a win win
My opinion tho
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by sharon2015: 2:18pm On Feb 24, 2019
Good Day all, please which other evaluation body apart from WES, that will give two or more certificates for OND and HND.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Jennypharb1: 2:37pm On Feb 24, 2019
sharon2015:
Good Day all, please which other evaluation body apart from WES, that will give two or more certificates for OND and HND.

I think I saw somewhere in part6 that IQAS does this, please search for this on the last part. However, please be informed that IQAS is a lot slower these days, so if you're trying to avoid the WAEC wahala with WES, you may end up jumping from frying pan to fire.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Snillous(m): 2:44pm On Feb 24, 2019
WhiteUlquiorra:
Wow and I thought my application was stressful. This is on another level but it ended well. Thank God

In sha Allah success will end my story too. My visiting application is taken more than 7 months now and I am still hopefully. Congratulations sir/ma. Alhamdulilah Alah Qul Hal. Enjoy
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by sharon2015: 2:49pm On Feb 24, 2019
Jennypharb1:

I think I saw somewhere in part6 that IQAS does this, please search for this on the last part. However, please be informed that IQAS is a lot slower these days, so if you're trying to avoid the WAEC wahala with WES, you may end up jumping from frying pan to fire.

OK thank you so much.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Nobody: 2:59pm On Feb 24, 2019
sharon2015:

OK thank you so much.

It's ICES not IQAS

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Jennypharb1: 3:17pm On Feb 24, 2019
sharon2015:

OK thank you so much.

See next post, Flaj says it's ICES. Thanks Flaj

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Yuyukoko: 3:19pm On Feb 24, 2019
Lol. Everything! From visitor's, to study permit and now pr. Gave up somewhere along the line like this Canada matter isn't for me. That's how hubby got the bug and encouraged me into this route. I'm trying to distract my mind from pessimism and forge ahead with beautiful hope, can't wait!

Thanks fam. In the end, two things can happen. PPR and prosperity in that land!

The lines are falling in pleasant places...

Meanwhile, I so don't want an interview. What's 'strong' with those AVO sef?

Tojued:

Biko, you must not allow the long wait pull you down o, just continue living your life. The delay can only be for so long and it will be over. Besides Accra is on fire nowadays.

By the way is it permanent residency you applied for or student visa / SOWP?

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by ihnomechengr(m): 4:05pm On Feb 24, 2019
Hello guys for a friend:

Pharmacist, Doctor of pharmacy degree
For his evaluation will do his ECA with ICES, or IQAS, or WES....and Pharmacy examining board of Canada, PEBC. Or just of the bodies.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Iwinosified: 4:30pm On Feb 24, 2019
ihnomechengr:
Hello guys for a friend:

Pharmacist, Doctor of pharmacy degree
For his evaluation will do his ECA with ICES, or IQAS, or WES....and Pharmacy examining board of Canada, PEBC. Or just of the bodies.

Don't know how quoting works, hope I'm doing it okay.

But this is basically it, if your friend is interested in continuing with pharmacy in Canada, then PEBC is the sure route even with a PharmD. This is because for the purpose of licensure, document evaluation is actually the first step. If otherwise however, then he or she could use WES and still get maximum points for masters.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Nukkiz: 4:42pm On Feb 24, 2019
beeodun:

I need help too in writing. how can you help Me? I will be glad to hear from you soon. thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by patakioy(m): 4:55pm On Feb 24, 2019
Have you found someone? I need a close date for medicals, although i am still trying to book a date with Qlife as they have not responded to my mail since in Wednesday.

hipstar2:
Good Evening house, I’m post ITA Nd gathering all my docs. Pls I need your help.

1. Must my mutual funds statement of Account show my the record of inflows and outflow
2. Is there anyone who wants to swap Qlife appointment dates? dates? Mine if 27th.

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Jesusbaby49: 4:59pm On Feb 24, 2019
Please, please, and please, i need Liz paid video for writing.

Can someone please post it here for all to benefit or send to my email shugarlipz@gmail.com @adetola007
Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) ... (503)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.