Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,254 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:49 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 - Travel (445) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 (857523 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (442) (443) (444) (445) (446) (447) (448) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Debsify: 9:29pm On May 04, 2019
nairalandnewbie:
The lord has turned my captivity around and yes it still feels like a dream!!
Here’s my timeline:

Congratulations
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Meemmy: 9:38pm On May 04, 2019
Hello Everyone
I'm just starting my journey as we just paid for our Wes and getting waec and school transcripts soon.
I am claiming all the ppr testimonies to be mine as well.

I have been reading up but get confused about the abbreviations. Is there a link to a page that explains what the abbreviations mean?

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by successhungry: 9:52pm On May 04, 2019
Ifeoma77:

No you can't. Fortunately, you can get passport within a day in some states. Hurry and get a passport before submitting so you don't get a cancellation

Please,anyone who knows where i can get passport within a day or week sef should link me up,biko..e dakun tori Olorun.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by chrisebsy: 9:53pm On May 04, 2019
Hi Everybody,. i will need some input from the experts and from experienced hands.

hopefully this post will also be useful to those who are in the process of submitting their application post ITA.
I have to upload my documents soon

I will be mentioning all the documents which I plan to upload in each section.

Experts, Kindly reply to my questions. You can reply below or next to every question and re-post the post. Thanks in Advance.!!!!

1). Passports/Travel Documents (Multiple) (required)

Passport bio-data page only where my information are ,like age expiry date etc

Any other document to be submitted?
(Do i need to upload any previous expired passport that has a visa stamp which i have traveled out with in the past)?

what does" Multiple" denote?

2). Proof of medical exam (required)

Upfront medical test
Document/Form given by doctors to be submitted in this section only.

3). Education (diplomas/degrees) (required)

ECA from WES. degree
ECA from ICES. diploma

Degree certificate
Diploma certificate

Do i have to upload transcripts for each degree and diploma along with the ECA and Certificate?
Do i also, have to upload IELTS Test Report Form here as well?
i can"t find any other place holder for this,what other document is required here?

4). Employment Records (required)

Employment Letter
Promotion letter
Reference letter ( in CIC format signed by HR)

would have loved to add pay slips,but i realized they used a wrong job tittle in my payslip.However , i have since corrected it @ IPPIS office,but it would only reflect from last months pay slip.

Anything I don’t have to submit from above?
anything that i need to add to the above including the pay slip that i have concern about?

5). marriage (required)

Court Wedding certificate
Church Wedding certificate

Do i need to upload anything else?

6). Police Certificates (required)

Police clearance certificate
including all pages carrying finger print.

7). Proof of Means of Financial Support (required)

Required POF chilling in Account.
I intend to fix the POF for 3 to 6 months

i intend to UPLOAD
! fixed deposit certificate
!! Transfer slip from donor account to my Account
!!! Gift Deed notarized

What kind of other document should I ask from my bank?

Since i will fix the POF, and upload the FIXED DEPOSIT CERTIFICATE. is bank statement necessary also? i believe bank statement will no longer show the huge some as it has been fixed.how do i go about this?

cool. Digital photo (required)
i dont even know how to meet the requirement.
i guess i will visit a studio give them the requirement and get the soft copy from them.

9). Legal Name Change
News Paper Publication
Change of name Affidavit. ( did this one in immigration office will doing a new passport. carrying a high court stamp)

Do I need to add anything else ?

Note: My Major concern/doubt is section 3(Education) and Section 7 (proof of funds).

General Question
i understand i can pay the application fee alone and defer the RPRF till when IRCC requests for it.What i don't understand is the bio-metrics fee. and how its been done.

please , you don't have to answer all the questions if you don't know them all, you can quote only the part that interests you and reply.

Gratitude to all.

12 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Nobody: 9:56pm On May 04, 2019
Wrote a loe, uploaded schedule form a upfront, it is one placeholder
vvcanny:

Congratulations
I would need Inspector Fatais number as i received my Ita in May.
Also how did you go about your visa refusals. I have 2 from Us and Canada.
Under which place holder did you upload it?
Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Nobody: 9:56pm On May 04, 2019
Amen thank you so much! And you too
kingspaco:

Congratulations to you and your hubby... enjoyed your gist. May Canada favour you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Nobody: 9:58pm On May 04, 2019
Yaaay! I’m glad I could make u laugh Ify!! At least I reciprocated with the many laughs you give us! God bless the ex o and me being the nice girl that I am, I’m sha helping him do his own EE too! Win win for everyone
Ifeoma77:

grin grin this gist cracked me up so much. Thank God for the Ex.
Congratulations nairalandoldie and wish you HML

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Nobody: 10:00pm On May 04, 2019
Thank u
Debsify:
Congratulations

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by safex(m): 10:27pm On May 04, 2019
prost80:
Hello All,

I have a friend , who wife is the PA she is an accountant, having ACCA and Bachelors in Accounting. Please is this considered two degrees and which ECA should they send it to?
Yes o; 'two or more certificates' to strong! Wes is your best bet, but remember WAEC/NECO wahala dey especially if the Bachelor degree was from Nigerian school.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Nobody: 10:53pm On May 04, 2019
Adeime:
Hello All
Thank you for painstakingly explaining the processes involved . Hubby just finally agreed to commence the express entry process yesterday as he was vehemently against it ,However see my profile below
Married ,age -29 hubby-37
Degree - PgCert UK; hubby -MSc Uk
Hubby brother also moving to Canada soon as well as he’s gotten his PR
When I took the CRS -
Me as PA-498; Hubby as PA -450 all of these with the provisos that we get min of 8 in each of the IELTS categories and also with a blood relative with a PR

Now my questions are do I go ahead and submit my degree for ECA without the Nigeria BSC because I didn’t see that category listed in WES website or do I process my Nigeria BSC alongside as well

Also whilst we are expecting some funds by the end of the month, are there other things we should do other than pray and prepare for the IELTS exams

The requirement for immigration is to evaluate only your highest qualification.

It's worthwhile for you to go through the Page 1 of this thread, so much guidance there that you'll know exactly what to do by the time you're done.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by pejuhazel(f): 11:00pm On May 04, 2019
chrisebsy:
Hi Everybody,. i will need some input from the experts and from experienced hands.

5). marriage (required)
6). Police Certificates
7). Proof of Means of Financial Support (required)
9). Legal Name Change
Note: My Major concern/doubt is section 3(Education) and Section 7 (proof of funds).

General Question
i understand i can pay the application fee alone and defer the RPRF till when IRCC requests for it.What i don't understand is the bio-metrics fee. and how its been done.

Gratitude to all.
1) Biodata page of your current passport and any visa on it is fine. There was a discussion a while back about submitting old passports and I think the conclusion was stick with your recent to avoid confusion.
2) Fine
3) No need to include your transcripts, just merge your two ECA together with your IELTS TRF and submit in the placeholder for education.
4) Everything you have is fine.
5) Also fine
6) Fine
7) No need to submit bank statement since you have your fixed deposit certificate. I submitted just that and gift deed.
cool Take the dimensions to the studio.
9) Nothing else
You pay for your biometric fee at the point of submission, then about 60 days after you get a request to go do your biometrics.

14 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by DadR: 11:03pm On May 04, 2019
Ok, thanks again.

Mstomie:
answer straight as you go, although you will be given a paper you can take notes on

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Influential101: 12:14am On May 05, 2019
prost80:
Hello All,

I have a friend , who wife is the PA she is an accountant, having ACCA and Bachelors in Accounting. Please is this considered two degrees and which ECA should they send it to?
Yeah it's two or more certs....WES is their only option cos they're the only body that evaluates professional qualifications..
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by iaatmguy(m): 12:23am On May 05, 2019
johnnybravo1990:

Lol. Thank you jare. It feels good to look back at where I am now and where I would have been. Biometrics loading. . .

Please someone answer me. Do I have to book for biometrics before I go there?
those Indians are causing this.
No you don't need to book. Just walk in

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by iaatmguy(m): 12:37am On May 05, 2019
Justsolo:

Thanks for your input. I will definitely fill the PR application truthfully. There's no sense in looking over one's shoulder forever.

But the real question is, could they still charge me for misrepresentation from previous TRV, even though I will be filling my PR truthfully and there won't be any misrepresentation in it? Especially in this case that I will be the one mentioning the Denied Entry myself, not like They discover on their own.

I've checked and checked over the Internet but the closest to this situation that I found was from the
CIC Enforcement Manual (ENF Manual 2 s 9.3) gotten from the link below;
http://overseastudent.ca/migratetocanada/IMMGuide/CICManual/enf/enf02-eng.pdf Section 9.7 on Page 33.

"An application for a visa abroad, or for entry into Canada at a port of entry may be denied based on a misrepresentation made in connection with the current application or examination only, unless the person was previously the subject of a refusal for misrepresentation and the resulting two-year inadmissibility period has not elapsed".

The emphasis here is on the "current" application. This document may be outdated though.

I've been advised to consult an experienced immigration lawyer but I'm thinking I can just go ahead and apply on my own. Moreover, immigration lawyers are expensive and POF self never complete.

Seniors, what do you think please?

whatever you do, state everything
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by iaatmguy(m): 12:39am On May 05, 2019
Headnotthetail:
Is Pension statement acceptable as part of POF?

I will appreciate responses, please.
yes it's accepted
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by iaatmguy(m): 12:46am On May 05, 2019
Ifeoma77:

tongue izz nor awa fault that VFS Abuja is so organised, stress-free and welcoming. They trained our staff in Ottawa. Lagos vfs staff were trained in Accra
grin
this is "racism" against lagosians.
We we not take it

12 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by iaatmguy(m): 1:06am On May 05, 2019
chrisebsy:

Any other document to be submitted?
(Do i need to upload any previous expired passport that has a visa stamp which i have traveled out with in the past)?
You don't need to

Anything I don’t have to submit from above?
anything that i need to add to the above including the pay slip that i have concern about?

6). Police Certificates (required)

Police clearance certificate
including all pages carrying finger print. Just the pink copy

i dont even know how to meet the requirement.
i guess i will visit a studio give them the requirement and get the soft copy from them.
. funds).

General Question

Gratitude to all.
see some answers in bold

for passport photograph download "passport photo editor" from google play, get a white cardboard, take a selfie (without smiling or frowning, just maintain a stoic face) or better still, get someone to give you a shot. The app would give you options of which countries format you want, choose Canada. It resizes to IRCC format, and shows a correct sign if it meets up to standard. No need to go to a studio.

69 Likes 50 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by iaatmguy(m): 1:09am On May 05, 2019
kentoski:

The requirement for immigration is to evaluate only your highest qualification.

It's worthwhile for you to go through the Page 1 of this thread, so much guidance there that you'll know exactly what to do by the time you're done.
cc adeime
Evaluate your highest degree if it's a masters or phd,. Its not applicable to PGD. You have to evaluate all.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by vvcanny: 2:13am On May 05, 2019
nairalandnewbie:
Wrote a loe, uploaded schedule form a upfront, it is one placeholder

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Scandinavian02: 5:54am On May 05, 2019
Meemmy:
Hello Everyone
I'm just starting my journey as we just paid for our Wes and getting waec and school transcripts soon.
I am claiming all the ppr testimonies to be mine as well.

I have been reading up but get confused about the abbreviations. Is there a link to a page that explains what the abbreviations mean?

You may not understand everything said here without those abbreviations. Page 1 is your friend.

I used some hours to understand those abbreviations before beginning to read the thread.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by beabeasquare: 6:30am On May 05, 2019
No need to book in Lagos, I did mine last week.

Ifeoma77:

As in! A lot has happened in 60 days cheesy
For Lagos, you need to book. For Abuja, just swagger in

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Stencil: 6:32am On May 05, 2019
Answers in bold

chrisebsy:

Do i need to upload any previous expired passport that has a visa stamp which i have traveled out with in the past?
Multiple denotes dual citizenship. Only your current/valid passport is required. Please note that you are not penalized for submitting old passports, though it is not necessary.

Do i have to upload transcripts for each degree and diploma along with the ECA and Certificate? If you want to/have them, you can.
Do i also, have to upload IELTS Test Report Form here as well? I merged ECA, Degrees/Certificates and IELTS report into one PDF.

4). Employment Records (required)
would have loved to add pay slips, but i realized they used a wrong job tittle in my pay-slip. However , i have since corrected it @ IPPIS office, but it would only reflect from last months pay slip. Add it and explain anything that needs clarification in your LOE.

5). marriage (required)
Do i need to upload anything else? Nope. Merge the certificates you have and you should be fine.

I guess i will visit a studio give them the requirement and get the soft copy from them. You can do that but you can also take one yourself with a white background and cut it down to 35 x 45mm

Gratitude to all.

6 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Eyinade3: 7:21am On May 05, 2019
I submitted my passport through vfs to Canadan high commission for COPR 19 days ago and up till now, I don't have COPR and vfs status shows, visa application is being processed at Accra visa office. Is this normal? Many of those we submitted together got copr already.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by GozyNA: 8:33am On May 05, 2019
pejuhazel:

You pay for your biometric fee at the point of submission, then about 60 days after you get a request to go do your biometrics.

Does the biometrics request take 60 days after AOR now? Thought it was circa 30 days.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by amaya21: 9:13am On May 05, 2019
It is acceptable. However if the pension is in Nigeria it is usually only up to 25% of it that can be easily withdrawn, and that's the 25% you can add to your POF. Not 100%.

Headnotthetail:
Is Pension statement acceptable as part of POF?

I will appreciate responses, please.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by ananne: 9:31am On May 05, 2019
adeptonlin:
It's a federal government establishment, Nigeria prison service to be precise

Good day bro, how were you able to process your transcripts for WES at laspotech? Can you fill me in on the process? Any contact that can help.

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by enoeshett(f): 9:41am On May 05, 2019
Mimi1999:
Please do you have an idea how much it costs to run the BCS IT program? It’s for a sibling looking to up his CRS point. We have checked on the Website and it says nothing. Called and didn’t get any help.
Thank you very much

https://www.bcs.org/membership/become-a-member/membership-grades-and-fees/

First step to register as a member, then schedule for an exam. Did you say you called the BCS UK number? As in the attached? They have good customer service from what I hear.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by ummhalimah: 9:55am On May 05, 2019
successhungry:

Please,anyone who knows where i can get passport within a day or week sef should link me up,biko..e dakun tori Olorun.

Ibadan, passport office around agodi

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by ladymarshall: 9:58am On May 05, 2019
grin grin grin

iaatmguy:
this is "racism" against lagosians.
We we not take it

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (442) (443) (444) (445) (446) (447) (448) ... (503)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.