Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,298 members, 7,815,526 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:58 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 - Travel (455) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 (859582 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (452) (453) (454) (455) (456) (457) (458) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Headnotthetail: 10:04pm On May 06, 2019
iaatmguy:
yes it's accepted

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Oakville19: 10:27pm On May 06, 2019
Ifeoma77:

Maybe that's the practice now but she clearly said her birth certificate is Non-NPC.

The hospital gives you a notification of birth which you take to NPC to obtain the birth certificate.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by jjohndoe83: 10:39pm On May 06, 2019
Hephzydelight:
Hello everyone. Please, would like to ask those who have be assessed by IQAS... Did you send your original certificate with the photocopy? In their requirement for Nigerians, Original credentials are requested for. It was stated that in a case where originals are not sent, the assessment will be cancelled. Abeg, what do they really mean by 'original' credential, because, me I'm not understanding again o
This is not correct o. Let us be guided.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by bellexa22: 11:25pm On May 06, 2019
Ok thank you
Ifeoma77:

The bolded is why you must repeat the same answers in both histories. So the answer - in both sections - is 'Yes'

2. If the internship happened within the last 10 years, yes you have to list it

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by kfrosh: 12:00am On May 07, 2019
So I and my spouse ECA has been completed by ICES. We are yet to scale the IELTS hurdle though.

We sent our transcript from our individual schools early January and early Febuary respectively after follwing all the necessary steps stated by ICES. I never followed up with any email whatsoever during the process and our ECA were completed at exactly 12 weeks.

If you are not in a hurry and you have their stated timeline at heart, I believe they are a better option as you need not to worry much about your application.

Just thought I should share this.

14 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by kiari: 12:46am On May 07, 2019
grin grin awesome
Hephgirl:
Fine fine.... How r u?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by chrisebsy: 12:47am On May 07, 2019
Smart minds , please come to my rescue.

HR has changed his mind towards signing my Ref letter.

He now claims I should follow due process ,which is for me to apply through the Director Generals office before he can sign .

because the DG and some Directors will sign my request for a reference letter before HR can now sign the reference letter

This process will make my application "news" to the whole organization as it would pass from office to office in the admin section. although I can say I am applying for a visit and need reference letter.
That still won't change the fact that the whole office will know am applying to either visit /migrate to Canada.

please what suggestion can the house offer , can I just ask a director from a different dept sign it for me ? to avoid the plans been on the gossip News @9am in the office
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by GozyNA: 12:57am On May 07, 2019
chrisebsy:
Smart minds , please come to my rescue.

HR has changed his mind towards signing my Ref letter.

He now claims I should follow due process ,which is for me to apply through the Director Generals office before he can sign .

because the DG and some Directors will sign my request for a reference letter before HR can now sign the reference letter

This process will make my application "news" to the whole organization as it would pass from office to office in the admin section. although I can say I am applying for a visit and need reference letter.
That still won't change the fact that the whole office will know am applying to either visit /migrate to Canada.

Rather than address the letter to IRCC, why not do a 'To Whom It May Concern'? That way, nobody in your office will know what the letter is for. IRCC is merely interested in the content of the letter, so don't worry about it raising any concerns with them.

See an example of someone who did same and got PPR: https://www.nairaland.com/4657743/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/38#70113991

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by seunfoster: 1:30am On May 07, 2019
please can you help detail how you did the WAEC verification palava with WES? Did you still visit the WAEC office for transcript or any other thing? I intended including copy of the WAEc certificate and scratch card to be used to verify the result online in the package to be sent by the school for transcript. Kindly clear the air. Thank you.

mowoyele:
There is a new development with WES that allows you to send scratch card pin. Print out the E-pin form and fill accordingly. I used it and it was accepted.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by manlikegb: 2:06am On May 07, 2019
Newmum0615:
Newmum0519

cheesy

Congrats mama.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Nobody: 3:19am On May 07, 2019
Yes, I had to visit WAEC to send my result to WES.
You can't skip that process.
seunfoster:
please can you help detail how you did the WAEC verification palava with WES? Did you still visit the WAEC office for transcript or any other thing? I intended including copy of the WAEc certificate and scratch card to be used to verify the result online in the package to be sent by the school for transcript. Kindly clear the air. Thank you.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by ope213(f): 4:43am On May 07, 2019
Hi, So I checked and I saw the 1431 which is a C a s can't be used and 1524 which is also a C, I don't know what b role will be close, thanks...I basically analyze scan sales, sales via POS, that's the summary of what I do.
joo2018:
Hi,

When you used the NOC link (this), which were the possible NOCs?

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Scandinavian02: 5:11am On May 07, 2019
Hephgirl:
Wait r u guys saying birth certificate from d Hospital is not acceptable?

What about birth Certificates issued by the Ministry of Health of a State Government prior to 2001?

Can we just go for birth attestation to be on the safe side?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by LadyJasper: 5:50am On May 07, 2019
LadyJasper:
Please guys, how do engaged couples apply for upfront medicals prior to their wedding especially because I'm sure the medical form would come with a provision for marital status.

Do they apply for the medicals as single or married?

1. Single because they're not yet married, but wouldn't it raise eyebrows when they eventually apply for invitation as married?

2. Married because they would eventually get married before applying for invitation, is this a wrong approach to it?

I hope this question makes sense enough to elicit any helpful advice. Thanks in anticipation.
Please help oh, don't waka pass.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by topeolu1: 6:04am On May 07, 2019
I think we should not mix up this birth certificate thing. The only body allowed to issue a birth certificate in Nigeria is National Population Commission - NPC. The NPC has implants in most recognized hospitals such that as you give birth, they issue you the NPC birth certificate there and then. This is what some people see as birth certificate collected from hospital. I read @Ifeoma77 comment on this. We can clarify further.

What I know is that the hospital gives a notification of birth (some overreach their powers by calling it birth certificate, which is not). If ircc accepts, fine. However, I have shared the message which ircc works with and based on the clarifications provided by NPC to them in 2011. It was clearly stated that the only acceptable document from Nigeria for birth proof and familial relationship is NPC birth attestation, for those above 18 at that time.

It means it's safer for those born before 1992/1993 to use attestation of birth, while those born thereafter can use the NPC issued birth certificate. My wife and I used the attestation while our girls used the NPC birth certificate. The hospital is not a population record agency of govt. I don't know, but it might have been possible some have used it successful in the past.

Just my thoughts.

Scandinavian02:

What about birth Certificates issued by the Ministry of Health of a State Government prior to 2001?

Can we just go for birth attestation to be on the safe side?

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by mrhumandelis: 7:07am On May 07, 2019
"This isn't true. It must be sent by WAEC." Are we 100% sure about this?

Are we sure it's impossible that there are people (maybe outside this forum) that did otherwise

if the documents are rejected, he could always send the correct documents.

More so, how would we know if what he suggested is actually acceptable if no one actually takes that risk and finds out?

Avidreader748:

This isn't true. It must be sent by WAEC. I am not sure the rules have changed. They need it sent from WAEC because of numerous forgeries they receive from Nigerian applicants.

However, you can send a message to them and verify. It will not be nice if they reject your documents.
If that were acceptable, everyone would not be going through the stress of WAEC.

However, anyone who has done such and is successful can share their experiences.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by yemiciea: 7:10am On May 07, 2019
WarriBrandChic:
My bank statement carries old address too. I have gotten a solution though, all thanks to @Babesy grin grin. I have the option of getting a verification of address letter from a lawyer. Found out it's also accepted. Thanks alot smiley smiley

Ok great �
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by chrisebsy: 7:13am On May 07, 2019
GozyNA:

Rather than address the letter to IRCC, why not do a 'To Whom It May Concern'? That way, nobody in your office will know what the letter is for. IRCC is merely interested in the content of the letter, so don't worry about it raising any concerns with them.

See an example of someone who did same and got PPR: https://www.nairaland.com/4657743/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/38#70113991
. Thats another angle. Thanks .

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Ifeoma77(f): 7:19am On May 07, 2019
Oakville19:

The hospital gives you a notification of birth which you take to NPC to obtain the birth certificate.

topeolu1:
I think we should not mix up this birth certificate thing. The only body allowed to issue a birth certificate in Nigeria is National Population Commission - NPC. The NPC has implants in most recognized hospitals such that as you give birth, they issue you the NPC birth certificate there and then. This is what some people see as birth certificate collected from hospital. I read @Ifeo.ma77 comment on this. We can clarify further.

What I know is that the hospital gives a notification of birth (some overreach their powers by calling it birth certificate, which is not). If ircc accepts, fine. However, I have shared the message which ircc works with and based on the clarifications provided by NPC to them in 2011. It was clearly stated that the only acceptable document from Nigeria for birth proof and familial relationship is NPC birth attestation, for those above 18 at that time.

It means it's safer for those born before 1992/1993 to use attestation of birth, while those born thereafter can use the NPC issued birth certificate. My wife and I used the attestation while our girls used the NPC birth certificate. The hospital is not a population record agency of govt. I don't know, but it might have been possible some have used it successful in the past.

Just my thoughts.

I'm not doubting that this is the current process for obtaining birth certificate but things were different a while back.
Let me use myself as an example. I have just one birth certificate and that's the one I've used my whole life. It wasn't issued by NPC. It was issued by the State ministry of health, stamped by the hospital where I was born and signed by the physician who attended my birth.
My sibling who was born close to the millennium mark has something similar but from a different state, I don't know of that one was issued by the NPC plant you talked about but it was collected at the hospital. My parents didn't take any notification to birth to NPC to go and collect another birth certificate. Oh and it doesn't have NPC written on it anywhere.
And no, it's not 'notification of birth', the document clearly states 'birth certificate'.
I have used my BC for all kinds of things in all kinds of countries, I've never had an issue with it. Never been told that I'd need to go back to NPC for anything.

That being said, I have absolutely no problem with anyone going back to NPC for attestation of birth or NPC birth certificate as the case may be. But for me? If in the future, my sibling needs to claim points, I am using my one and only birth certificate and as far as I'm concerned, it is a more authentic proof of my birth than anyone issued by NPC.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by titibaby: 7:45am On May 07, 2019
That is incorrect. I and many other applicants have used the birth certificates issued by local government successfully. An attestation of birth is totally not necessary. Your birth certificate is more authentic and is appropriately dated.

topeolu1:
I think we should not mix up this birth certificate thing. The only body allowed to issue a birth certificate in Nigeria is National Population Commission - NPC. The NPC has implants in most recognized hospitals such that as you give birth, they issue you the NPC birth certificate there and then. This is what some people see as birth certificate collected from hospital. I read @Ifeoma77 comment on this. We can clarify further.

Just my thoughts.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by titibaby: 7:54am On May 07, 2019
Based on your submissions below, what you provided is sufficient. I will suggest you obtain the GCMS note as Ifeoma77 has suggested. Meanwhile, you can scrutinize your application very well to ensure there was no error on your part.

babybanky:

I got ITA April 28th 2018,
AOR june 1st 2018.
Refusal, April 22nd 2019.

2.Yes i submitted my siblings PR card and utility bills. i didnt submit the bio-data of my siblings passport or bank statement.
3. we both mentioned each other in our PR applications.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by joo2018: 8:13am On May 07, 2019
ladymarshall:
You were the lucky ones sad guess IRCC now have their tables full, so longer waiting time cry

pejuhazel:

45-60 days but most times it's closer to 60 than 45.

GozyNA:

It hasn't even been up to six months since my AOR and things have changed this much cry

Those guys should employ more hands and open up more offices biko

I have an idle theory as to why that is so:

It is an attempt to average out the processing timelines. Recently, we have been seeing normal, simple applications being processed in as little as 6 weeks and other applications with similar profiles processed in 7 months.

If some agents handling R10 completeness checks are diverted to eligibility processing, then R10 will take longer, but more files will be processed faster.

We may end up with a norming of application timelines with between 3 and 6 months.

Workload alone cannot explain it. The volume of applications processed between September and December 2018 is bigger than what is currently being processed and R10 took only 30 days then.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by dexla(f): 8:31am On May 07, 2019
Saintee2009:
Good morning good people... please who has a very strong link in Unilag exams and records office.
I want to apply for fiancee's transcript & Statement of Result and want the process to be smooth and fast to reach ICES via email as soon as possible.
Thank you guys.

Have you gotten any contact? If yes, pls help a sis
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Buku: 8:34am On May 07, 2019
Ifeoma77:

1. Absofreakinglutely
2. One spouse and two dependants, because he is definitely going.
3. There will be issue if you don't claim him. IRCC said you should list ALL family members - whether they're full, adopted, half, step or elevator. So it's really not up to you to choose him or not, if bomboy is not listed, it's misrepresentation.

Thanks alot.
About the second question...my mother-in-law,husband and his mom doesn't want him to come with us so it's just my wish. Do I still claim 2 dependent or 1 dependent if they still disagree?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Saskbound: 8:35am On May 07, 2019
Some offices don’t sign to whom it may concern o, I know how he/she feels office gossip can be so annoying
GozyNA:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by AdetonaDami(m): 8:39am On May 07, 2019
please how long does it take for BC computer base IELTS to release result...since 26..ahn ahn!!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by joo2018: 8:40am On May 07, 2019
Why is there no dancing emoji on nairaland?

Congrats. We thank God for safe delivery. May the child fulfill purpose.

Newmum0615:
Newmum0519

cheesy
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by joo2018: 8:44am On May 07, 2019
You should have listed yourself, their mother and the siblings already, so it doesn't apply to them.

It means if your child has a half-sibling, step-sibling, birth father or mother not listed in your application.

Scandinavian02:
Please I am having difficulties completing our online application. Under my Children, where it is asked Does XYZ have have immediate family members not listed in this application bla bla bla. . . Am I supposed to list myself and their mother and her siblings here?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Oakville19: 8:47am On May 07, 2019
Ifeoma77:

I'm not doubting that this is the current process for obtaining birth certificate but things were different a while back.
Let me use myself as an example. I have just one birth certificate and that's the one I've used my whole life. It wasn'tI'm concerned, it is a more authentic proof of my birth than anyone issued by NPC.

My reference actually pertains to what obtains now o.....I personally have a birth certificate issued by a local government which is what I have always used and it is what I used to claim sibling points and I have my COPR, however if IRCC is said to require NPC documentation I suggest it is better to err on the side of caution and get that.

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by iaatmguy(m): 8:51am On May 07, 2019
flourisher how is the application going?
regards to the family
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by joo2018: 8:55am On May 07, 2019
Government.

Government positions: civil servant, judge, police, military, etc.

Scandinavian02:
For someone who works as a FG Civil Servant, under Peesonal Activities, is Activity Type going to be Employment or Government??
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by akintunde63: 8:57am On May 07, 2019
gracechellar:

Woow. Couldmt it be less

Can't say. Was officially 20 working days , that's even when it was faster.

(1) (2) (3) ... (452) (453) (454) (455) (456) (457) (458) ... (503)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.