Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,649 members, 7,813,194 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:26 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 - Travel (472) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 (858428 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (469) (470) (471) (472) (473) (474) (475) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by GozyNA: 2:21pm On May 09, 2019
raphrulz:
Hey guys...

Good news..

As the PPR hall of fame champion raises shoulder pad... i want to officially draw your attention to this...

In case no one has noticed, Part 7 has recorded the highest PPR scripts so far and still counting...

See the trend below:

pt 1 - 38
pt 2 - 74
pt3 - 77
pt 4 - 79
pt 5 - 73
pt 6 - 85
pt 7 - 98

LET'S EMPHASIZE ON DOING IT YOURSELF (DIY)

God bless and have a nice day ahead!!!

Over 500 PPRs. I'm sure at least half that number got info here and didn't tell their story. The ministry is really moving forward grin

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by gobby(f): 2:28pm On May 09, 2019
oh woww!!! no BP and insomnia experience....CONGRATULATIONS. I tap into this
Pharmbb:

PPR Testimony !!!

New member (silent reader)
[i]
If I had ten thousand tongues, it still wouldn't be enough, NAREKELE MO.

Great is Thy faithfulness, morning by morning new mercies I see, all I have needed Thy hand hath provided. Great is Thy faithfulness, Lord unto me

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by gold638: 2:30pm On May 09, 2019
hello house. trust your day is going well. please i have a question. what is the difference between these 2 questions in the application form? if they are same, does that mean one is to answer "yes" if there's been a visitor visa rejection in the past? please help. thank you.

"Has XXXX been refused refugee status, or an immigrant or permanent resident visa (including a Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ) or application to the Provincial nominee Program) or visitor or temporary resident visa, to Canada or any other country?"

AND

Has XXXX ever been refused a visa or permit, denied entry or ordered to leave Canada or any other country?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Nobody: 2:31pm On May 09, 2019
lool i was wondering why i didnt get a score too o!! biggest loss mehn
ladymarshall:
@nairalandnewbie congratulations on your PPR. I didn't know how I missed your script, was just wondering why everyone was mentioning somebody's ex grin So happy for you. You are one determined lady. Shior to that your ex, his loss. I hope he reads your script. God gave you better. All the best.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by danfad: 2:31pm On May 09, 2019
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by johnnybravo1990: 2:33pm On May 09, 2019
ladymarshall:
My people! I answered YES to the serious medical question (the last of the statutory questions, because I have an ulcer, but I explained that it was not serious o but still wanted to be truthful, and felt my medical exam would be a final authority on the matter, (chai! What was I thinking?) cry

Just now, I saw a website that said the bolded below:

There is a section on the Canadian application form that asks of your criminal background, association with war crimes, genocide, having any serious illness like HIV, Hepatitis B or other communicable diseases etc. Mostly, its advisable to reply NO to each of these questions, since a YES answer even with explanations MIGHT deem you inadmissible to Canada.

I have gotten my medical exam results post-AOR from the hospital and they were fine, nothing serious. But since I answered YES to the medical question, what do I do? Should I raise CSE to tell CIC I am supposed to answer NO? grin Will I be rejected? I'm awaiting MEP/BIL

I answered yes too. I had a very serious accident that almost made me disabled; I had to receive surgeries abroad in two visits totalling 6 months. But I explained that I was okay and my surgeries were very successful. In my medicals I even submitted a medical report from the hospital abroad which stated that my surgeries were successful and that I was good to go. I passed my medicals last week and I received BIL. I think you will be fine. A medical report from your previous admission or surgery will make it more convincing though.

I will pm you now; please respond. I would like to have your number. It seems we are almost in the same stage of our application; I want to keep in touch. I may also discuss some other issues as we await our PPR.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Nobody: 2:33pm On May 09, 2019
pls help a sister

Nkyfoods:
hello house, i Just gopt my required IELTS score , but my wes still showing Status: In progress--We received your document(s). We are reviewing your document(s).Status last updated: 4/11/2019, i Just submitted my Waec request today My birthday is in june and my calculated CRS now is 453, kindly advice on how to maximize my waiting time on WES . or any other optionjs to increase CRS based on current trends
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Oakville19: 2:33pm On May 09, 2019
AzariahYaa:
Hi, kindly clarify something to me please. I do have change of name affidavit and newspaper publication, however in PR Application (i’m not the PA, my husband is) we chose to use my maiden name. This is because, we were considering the fact that my International Passport and all other documents carry my maiden nameexcept for my Driver’s license. Are we safe? should we be worried? We are post-AOR.

I also have my maiden name on my passport, however I inputed my married name in the section that asks have you used another name, this triggers a file upload section for change of name documents in which I attached my change of name affidavit and publication and a LOE for why my passport was still in my maiden name although I have done name change. I have gotten my PPR. Not sure if this is necessary though if you did not upload any supporting documentation with your married name.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Davyniel: 2:34pm On May 09, 2019
[quote author=Pharmbb post=78231263][color=#770077]

Big Congratulations dear,may Canada favour you and yours.*YOUR TESTIMONY BROUGHT ME OUT FROM MY GHOSTMODE!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Stencil: 2:45pm On May 09, 2019
Raise CSE and upload the siblings PR card, utility bills etc. I believe there is a post here with all the documents that’d help show proof of their relationship.

ADR is at the discretion of the agent handling the case. It’s more like a privilege not a right.

I don’t know if there are any rules against this but to further solidify the proof, she can show proof of relationship of both siblings.

paintadvice:
My dear family, once again, I appreciate the good work and intense effort put into the group... God will truly reward us and our desires shall be granted.

I have become worried following the rejection of @babybanke based on sibling relationship. My wife claimed sibling points cos she has 2 brothers in Canada. The documents submitted for sibling relationship were the birth certificate for her and her brother (Not from NPC) and international passport that shows the same surname.

We are worried that this might not be sufficient proof. What do you advice. Should we leave the application and wait for ADR if any or do we get the attestation of birth documents and raise a CSE for it?

Which do you think is better please advise

@Ifeoma77, @Raphlz, @Topsmamen, @ladymarshall, @joo 2018, @everybody. Please help

Thank you

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by wasseynewest: 2:54pm On May 09, 2019
You guys're already doing wonderful job dear. We dey here the clear the ground for you o grin.
ladymarshall:
Congrats o grin grin grin Your shoes are too big to fill in here. We miss you grin

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Pharmbb(f): 3:03pm On May 09, 2019

Says who shocked
I experienced all the classical Post AOR syndrome from restlessness, uncertainty, anxiety, depression to agitation.
I sabi para well well, i check my profile at least twice a day sometimes 4 or more even midnight grin

gobby:
oh woww!!! no BP and insomnia experience....CONGRATULATIONS. I tap into this
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by yemblaze(f): 3:06pm On May 09, 2019
@ bolded.....hmmmmm wink

I am suspecting you ooo but lip sealed. I comment my reserve grin

johnnybravo1990
post=78244550:

Please I will pm you now, please respond. I would like to have your number. It seems we are almost in the same stage of our application; I want to keep in touch. I may also discuss some other issues as we await our PPR.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Liz2014(f): 3:29pm On May 09, 2019
I'm sorry, looks like I forgot to add that this is a [b]paper based [/b]provincial nomination application, he was not required to attach proof of funds when he applied for PR as this was fulfilled as part of province process. We confirmed this from them as it was not included in his checklist, but he kept his funds intact anyways as per the province. And yes, you can add spouse and declare as non-accompanying (it's your choice) I respect their decision to do that. The reason he listed her as non-accompanying was because the wife was in a masters program in UI waiting to defend her project. He felt his PR was near as he had gotten a ghost update a week before his wedding, they were not sure what to expect and his medicals expires July. The plan was to come here and sponsor the wife. He rightly notified them and they kept mute about it.

Here is where they are at fault; He sent them his marital status update thrice!, first, when he got married, he sent marriage cert and additional family info to the web form and asked if anything else was required from him (he obviously can't generate a UCI himself). Secondly, when he got his PR email 4 days later, he sent with his passport; the additional family information form and marriage cert again explaining the reason why the wife his not accompanying which they didn't respond to or request anything more. We were even thinking it was due to the update that caused them to approve him to go alone or so. He received his stamped visa and COPR 3 weeks after that. He sent them an email the third time, cos he also thought it was weird that he would get a visa (after sending necessary documents with an empty un-stamped passport to show he is now married) without his wife getting a medical request or UCI. They were completely mute. The only thing he got was they confirmed receipt and has forwarded it to the visa office.

Imagine if you had to get a visa, spent 3 months preparing to start a new life in cad, resign your job, then they cancel your visa saying oh we forgot to update the fact that you have a wife on your application. Yes they have the right to cancel, but common courtesy demands that they communicate that to you, which they failed to in this case. Having him to be embarrassed at the airport(thankfully he didn't leave Nigeria yet). That is where their fault is.
According to their policy, they should send you an email to return your visa and COPR and then stamp cancelled on it, again they didn't do that. He even had a job interview in Canada the next day.

When he found out his visa was cancelled at the airport, Someone told him to email Ralph Goodale and I said the same Ralph that I drive by his office to work everyday he is the MP of my constituency sef. So I spoke to his secretary and she also agreed that they were wrong in communicating. She spoke with a CIC Agent and they said what they have on file is that he failed to communicate his change in status with them, I then asked him to forward all the correspondences he sent and the confirmation he got saying the update has been forwarded to the processing office when he used the web form. He did that on May 6th and on the 7th, his file was re-opened and he got a request that the wife should go for medicals, police clearance, PR fees to be paid and all and all the forms that has to be filled. The agent said he has asked them on when they notified the applicant on this cancellation, no response from them yet. He would increase his POF in the bank just in case, although I was expecting a request to attach an updated POF to this new submission.

I have had a terrible experience with Accra personally. Years before express entry started, I had applied for PR then it was only paper based system. When I saw that I hadn't gotten a medical request and someone that submitted after me had gotten, I emailed accra and to my surprise they said they couldn't find my application. I forwarded them the email that said the application has been forwarded to accra visa office 2 months ago, they then replied me to my greatest shock that yes they received it but it is now missing and that I should resend my application. I emailed them photocopies of what I had sent them, apparently I no longer had my original police cert and an affidavit that I forgot to make a copy of. I told them they had to make do with what they had as it was their fault that my documents was missing at their office.(I was shocked that they did't have a way of uploading documents they received electronically at that time or maybe they just forgot to do mine) A week after, I got a medical request and a month after a request to come down to Accra for PR Visa. I am a citizen today. They are human beings and there are prone to be inefficiencies here and there.

Ifeoma77:

I gasped when I read that he added spouse Post-AOR and still declared her as unaccompanying.
Honestly, AVO is not to blame here, your brother goofed big time. He seems to be completely unaware of the process. No way would that visa have remained valid without his application getting updated with his wife's UCI as well as her doing the medicals, PCC and whatnot.
He should just take this as it is and wait for the application to be finalized. Oh and he better get that POF updated for two. At this point, AVO would gleefully refuse his application once they find any flimsy excuse.

20 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by gold638: 3:37pm On May 09, 2019
I am back again oo. Pls, all the NOC gurus in the house, help ascertain the appropriate NOC for the JD below. I chose NOC 6314 while completing my EE profile, i need to ascertain that's the appropriate one before submitting my application. looking forward to hearing from you.

Position: Customer Service Manager

• Plan, organise, direct, control and evaluate the branch operations of the bank
• Oversee preparation of monthly financial and branch progress reports
• Coordinate the activities of the CTSS, tellers and customer service representatives
• Review of account documents to be sure it is within the stipulated guideline of the financial institution authorities before accounts are opened
• Approval of customers’ mandate (signature change, phone number change, etc)
• Ensure the institution's policies and procedures are followed according to established guidelines and make recommendations for improvement
• Develop action plans, provide expertise in response to customer needs.
• Assist staff with administrative or technical problems
• Daily monitoring of all branch general ledgers
• Co-ordinate tellers and customer service executives’ performance appraisal programs at the branch level
• Review and authorise financial entries (Deposit/fund transfer and withdrawal)

Position: Cash & Teller Services Supervisor :

• Cash management and vault custodian
• Review and authorise financial entries (Deposit/fund transfer and withdrawal).
• Co-ordinate the schedule of tellers and responsible for the overall performance on the job
• Arrange for tellers to attend job related trainings on sales and product knowledge, conduct sessions (EMS) as organized by the bank
• Review and check for correctness of work done, supervise activities and ensuring that they are done in line with policy
• Escalate customer issue and complaint, log on CRM to track case until the issue is resolved
• Ensure financial fees and service charges are taken promptly and correctly
• Request and take inventory of supplies used by the unit stamps, tokens, bankers’ cheques, etc.
• Engage customer to resolve their problem and to cross sell products
• Liaise with vendors to ensure routine maintenance and repair of computer system machines and ATMs are all functional and performing optimally
• Act as a back up to the Customer Service Manager, offering assistance and supervision to other branch employees
• Identified repeated performance deficiencies and responsible for tellers progressive disciplinary process through oral or written warnings
• Balancing physical inflow and outflow of customers financial transaction
• Review of transaction for outages and operational errors, seek for approval to pass corrective entries
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by AzariahYaa: 3:57pm On May 09, 2019
Thank you so much for your response. Very well understood!
zorro101:
Hi.
I do not think you have anything to worry about. A change of name affidavit is just to show that documents bearing different names are for the same person. Since all documents you are required to submit for this process bear your maiden name (even the passport), I think you are good.
Marriage doesn't automatically mean you have to change names. Your marriage certificate just says that you (with your maiden name) are married to your husband, Mr Ciroma Alabi-Chukwuma. Doesn't indicate you have taken up any of his names.

Note, however, that your PR card will bear the name on your passport. You could stick with this, and then do a change of name on getting to Canada, so your PR renewal (in 5yrs) or citizenship (when due) will carry your new name if you so wish.
Or you apply for a new passport with your new name and then submit that along with the change of name affidavit and marriage certificate in a CSE before PR is issued.

I stand to be corrected on the above stated opinion.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Topsmamen: 4:14pm On May 09, 2019
gabside:
1. If there is a variance in the way an applicant's MIDDLE AND LAST Name was arranged on the international passport from the way it appears on other documents (e.g. Education certificates, Bank statement and all), what will be the best thing to do This is what I mean:

On International Passport name written as: Matthew, John Luke
On Other certificates and documents, name written as: Matthew, Luke John

The first and middle names are not consistent on the documents. Should this be a problem And if it is a problem how could this be handled?

2. Out of birth certificate issued at birth by the local government several years back and a recent attestation issued by National population Commission, which one is acceptable. I heard only the federal issued birth document will be recognized.

1. Just get a one and same person affidavit so you can rest easy.
2. I would still get the NPC attestation if I were you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by AzariahYaa: 4:14pm On May 09, 2019
Thank you so much. I did exactly same. Now I can sleep well! grin
Oakville19:

I also have my maiden name on my passport, however I inputed my married name in the section that asks have you used another name, this triggers a file upload section for change of name documents in which I attached my change of name affidavit and publication and a LOE for why my passport was still in my maiden name although I have done name change. I have gotten my PPR. Not sure if this is necessary though if you did not upload any supporting documentation with your married name.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Topsmamen: 4:16pm On May 09, 2019
gold638:
hello house. trust your day is going well. please i have a question. what is the difference between these 2 questions in the application form? if they are same, does that mean one is to answer "yes" if there's been a visitor visa rejection in the past? please help. thank you.

"Has XXXX been refused refugee status, or an immigrant or permanent resident visa (including a Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ) or application to the Provincial nominee Program) or visitor or temporary resident visa, to Canada or any other country?"

AND

Has XXXX ever been refused a visa or permit, denied entry or ordered to leave Canada or any other country?

Answer "Yes" to both.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Adeime: 4:25pm On May 09, 2019
Hello All,

Do we have anyone who can help expedite the WAEC information retrieval process to WES;please signify
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by MaSisi: 4:26pm On May 09, 2019
please is it advisable to have two profiles in the express entry pool but with different email addresses?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Eniolakate: 4:28pm On May 09, 2019
Please guys...is there a credible WAEC processing agent on this platform? I am currently not available to process this myself
Please I need a tested and trusted person wink

quote author=adenikeO post=76221030]

Get your Affidavit for confirmation of WAEC result first at High Court, I got mine at Igbosere behind TBS because of proximity to work, I must say that they are lions waiting at the gate to reap you off please beware! Typing and printing the affidavit is just 200 naira, then stamping it and getting the seal is 500 naira. Don't forget to take two passport photographs with you to the High court, You must also request for a receipt after stamping. The receipt issued will have #250 on it, but you know how far now. Lmao

After getting your affidavit, you must take these things below to the WAEC office.

1. 2 passport photographs (Write your reference number from WES at the back of the passport photographs)
2. Take 2 small brown envelopes (You are supposed to put the WES address and your reference number on just one of the envelopes)
3. WAEC result print out (1 copy is enough)
4. WAEC scratch card (You can get the scratch card in front of WAEC office in Yaba, the one they sell inside the WAEC office is not acceptable by WES because its just paper, can you believe that, lol). It cost just #1,500.

N.B: WES require that they scratch the card themselves, so don't buy a print out but an actual scratch card.

Now once you get to WAEC office, you can go straight to the reception and the lady you'll meet there would give you a form for you to cross check everything you are supposed to have with you. After that she'll direct you to the main building. But you can skip that part all together and just go straight to the main building.

Once you get to the main building, you'll sign in and fill a book. You'll be asked what you want and you'll be directed to the office. So I can't really explain where the office is but trust me you'll find people there doing the exact same thing as you, so no worries.

You'll pay 10,000 to WAEC for the result processing, then 10,000 for courier services. I used Fedex and they were pretty efficient. My result got to WAEC in less than 2 weeks, Fedex even sent me a tracking number prior to that time via text message.

I hope I have been able to answer your question. Gracias

[/quote]
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by CoCoLav(f): 4:36pm On May 09, 2019
Fshady:
Thank you for giving me your time. I do not have a military background but hubby who is a non-accompanying spouse is a politician currently a member of a state house of Assembly, can this be a problem?

I got to know about Eligibility MET via phone call January this year, since then I've been in IP1 no progress.

I ordered notes through GCMS buddy on March 7th, ordered a new one through a friend who has PR and live in Canada last week. Both of them no show.

Pardon me please, if I am to contact Ralph how do I go about it? What do I ask him since he is not a staff of IRCC. Chai! Why my things dey be like this na.

It seems background checks may be ongoing for your husband. Anybody with Ralph's email should please PM her with it.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Topsmamen: 4:36pm On May 09, 2019
gold638:
I am back again oo. Pls, all the NOC gurus in the house, help ascertain the appropriate NOC for the JD below. I chose NOC 6314 while completing my EE profile, i need to ascertain that's the appropriate one before submitting my application. looking forward to hearing from you.

Position: Customer Service Manager
Position: Cash & Teller Services Supervisor :

6314 looks good.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by johnnybravo1990: 4:37pm On May 09, 2019
bekayy:
Hello Johnny,

Please how much did you pay for the PCC at Abuja. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by khafetech: 4:38pm On May 09, 2019
joo2018:
Fair enough.

We are lucky that our standard work hours here in Nigeria is 40hrs (except for teachers, maybe).

Teachers also work 8 - 4, Most cases 7:30am (before assembly) to 4 pm when you include lessons period grin

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by shyle02(m): 4:41pm On May 09, 2019
Hello Everyone,

My CRS is 453, what happens if I jump into the pool and get an ITA but my documents are not complete yet?

Should I just wait till when they are almost ready before I jump into the pool?

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by MaSisi: 4:43pm On May 09, 2019
please is there anyone who received Alberta NOI in May?

Are they still sending out NOIs?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by amaya21: 4:43pm On May 09, 2019
Why?

MaSisi:
please is it advisable to have two profiles in the express entry pool but with different email addresses?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by MaSisi: 4:49pm On May 09, 2019
amaya21:
Why?

to increase chances of getting noi.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by amaya21: 4:54pm On May 09, 2019
If the information is exactly the same, why have two profiles? And if one profile has a better chance, why not use that alone, instead of having two?

[quote author=MaSisi post=78248208][/quote]
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by MaSisi: 4:57pm On May 09, 2019
amaya21:
If the information is exactly the same, why have two profiles? And if one profile has a better chance, why not use that alone, instead of having two?

information is same just different email address

(1) (2) (3) ... (469) (470) (471) (472) (473) (474) (475) ... (503)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.