Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,158 members, 7,953,598 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 08:11 PM

Nigeria's Postponed Vote: What Happens Now? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria's Postponed Vote: What Happens Now? (208 Views)

What Happens Now That The Nigerian Judiciary Can No Longer "Judi"? / Nigeria Postponed Her Day Of Judgement By One Week – Sowore / Elections Not Postponed - INEC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria's Postponed Vote: What Happens Now? by Naijiant: 10:27pm On Feb 18, 2019
As the dust settles on Nigeria’s postponed general election, Nigerians have expressed their frustration with the electoral commission. But many are still optimistic their voices will be heard.

Nigerians were left reeling over the weekend after the much-hyped general election was postponed by a week just hours before polls were due to open on the morning of 16 February 2019, with officials citing logistical challenges.

A record 84 million registered voters were left angry and confused at the sudden turn of events — especially considering the long build-up to the election, which had been billed as the tightest political race in the country’s history.

“I’m sad. I’m angry. I’m annoyed. I’m disappointed. That’s how I’m feeling,” one Lagos resident told DW. “Because you wake up all excited about going to vote and then you look at your social media and you see that it’s been postponed.”

As the dust settles, Nigerians are once again preparing to head to the polls on 23 February. But at this point, there are still more questions than answers.

Was the postponement justified?
More: https://www.naijiant.com/guestcolumn/nigerias-postponed-vote-what-happens-now/

(1) (Reply)

Leah Sharibu: Dapchi Parents Cry Out To FG Over Christain Girl’s Fate / 2019 Elections: Only God Can Stop Us On Saturday, Says INEC / Good Governance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.